Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Good lord he should post about her on reddit. Yeah there's not really much you can do except maybe have you or Ro sit him down and explain that this is toxic. Other than that, like you said, it's really up to him.
    I know right? Ugh. Yeah, we've both tried. Multiple times. I don't go to him so much as I wait for him to approach me, because I don't want to overstep bounds and meddle if I'm not asked. At the same time, though, sometimes you need intervention. =/ So it's a really tricky situation. I just wish he would understand that he deserves to be treated better than that.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I know right? Ugh. Yeah, we've both tried. Multiple times. I don't go to him so much as I wait for him to approach me, because I don't want to overstep bounds and meddle if I'm not asked. At the same time, though, sometimes you need intervention. =/ So it's a really tricky situation. I just wish he would understand that he deserves to be treated better than that.
    Yeah it really does suck. I've seen a fair share of toxic relationships myself. The phrase "love is blind" is unfortunately very true.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I'm sick and very annoyed.

Last night it seemed like this week had lined up perfectly. I got State Youth Games this weekend, and wanted to get a new action Camera, a DJI Osmo Action, the day before I left. The Osmo Action is $499. My next payslip has 3 days worth of work on it currently, putting me at a little over $600 when my pay comes through on Thursday. If I work one day between now and then, it would be $790, and if I worked two, it would be $940. Whilst I could buy it on $790, it doesn't leave much wriggle room, so was hoping for two days.

So I spoke to my boss yesterday and he said I could work Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I was stoked. I would have more than enough for the camera and to leave some aside.

Then it happened. After church this old dude wanted to chat with me and was coughing. He didn't cover his mouth. And guess who woke up with a cough this morning...

I woke up at 8am, after going to bed tired at 11:30 the night before, but then struggling to sleep. I am an overthinker, and when I am in that semi dreaming, semi wake phase, if there is some problem that I come up with, be it real or not, I will keep myself from sleeping trying to solve it. That's what happened. So I only had about four hours of good sleep, before having to get up and give my mate a lift to the airport. Got him there just before 10am, before heading to church to kill time before a meeting. I was exhausted so ended up falling asleep on the couch, before I went to the meeting. Then things got worse. I went from a sore throat to sore throat, headache, lethargy and muscle aches. When the meeting was over I went back to church and was gonna heat up some lunch as I was supposed to be working there that afternoon, and had anime club there that night but ended up cancelling the latter and went home. By the time I got home everything was difficult. Turning the steering wheel, opening my car door, even pressing the button on the garage remote, was difficult.

I got some sleep and woke up a few hours later feeling better. Now it's back to just the sore throat and a slightly blocked nose. But now I face a predicament. Work and be able to get the camera, but risk not getting better or getting worse before the weekend, or don't work and go to SYG without the crucial bit of tech I need to film the weekend and with less money overall, without any guarantee I will even be better.

I just wish this old dude had have covered his mouth... God damn it.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Got another "review" on fanfiction (this time, my MLP story) ranting to me about how I "blocked" them for "trying to help".

Uh...they were a guest? (I'm guessing it's the same one that harrassed me about Path of Destiny) I literally can't block a guest. And how are reviews like "this sucks" and "this story is going nowhere" helpful?

Got another stupid guest review on yet ANOTHER story. This time, though, I think it was a different person, and I think it was my ex-friend "Sally." It basically said that my main characters (who are ten years old) are not heroes because they didn't let the villains die. Which is something "Sally" said a lot. Because yeah, let's have the ten-year-old kids know they just stood by and did nothing while the villains died a horrible death. Because my story was never "edgy" enough for Sally and her friends.

At this point, I kind of just want to delete my fanfiction account and move everything to Ao3.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Got another stupid guest review on yet ANOTHER story. This time, though, I think it was a different person, and I think it was my ex-friend "Sally." It basically said that my main characters (who are ten years old) are not heroes because they didn't let the villains die. Which is something "Sally" said a lot. Because yeah, let's have the ten-year-old kids know they just stood by and did nothing while the villains died a horrible death. Because my story was never "edgy" enough for Sally and her friends.

At this point, I kind of just want to delete my fanfiction account and move everything to Ao3.
    It's definitely Sally. Sour, salty Sally.

Up to you, but I still feel it's a shame that this is what it has come down to. Don't take it to heart, though. No matter what you do, there's haters that feed off of frustration and discontent, but don't take it personally. I've seen your work and it's inspirational and impressive. Stick to your guns and remember the compliments you receive. Forget the insults.

Also, I love your plushie work. If I ever need something like that commissioned, I know just who to reach out to. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    It's definitely Sally. Sour, salty Sally.

Up to you, but I still feel it's a shame that this is what it has come down to. Don't take it to heart, though. No matter what you do, there's haters that feed off of frustration and discontent, but don't take it personally. I've seen your work and it's inspirational and impressive. Stick to your guns and remember the compliments you receive. Forget the insults.

Also, I love your plushie work. If I ever need something like that commissioned, I know just who to reach out to. :3
    Yeah, I hate that this stuff would be forcing me off the site, but on the other hand, I really don't get any meaningful comments or interaction there anymore. So maybe it's time to move on. There's no way to disable guest comments, and I really don't want to deal with all this stress for so little reward. I can't completely delete the account, but I can delete all my stories and change the email on it so people can't use that account to contact me. I can put the older stories I want up on Ao3 so they can still be read (you can disable all comments, there, I think). But yeah, I will try to do that! This is like 75% of the reason I've been so discouraged lately, and these people don't want to have an intelligent conversation with me, they just want to order me around.

And thank you! I got frustrated with plushie making because of people flaking out on me recently (and wasting all my time and effort for nothing), but I should get back into that, even if it's just to make pre-made things to sell (that I know WILL sell) or things just for me. (I'd totally trust you to stick with your commission though. c: Just not random people.)

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Agghh so I got into a wreck this morning. Dinged a parked car while trying to pull into a spot. Not bad but still anxiety inducing. Called mom because the insurance card in the card was expired. TLDR, the other person filed a claim which is not what my mom wanted to happen. Me, knowing nothing of how insurance works since it's never been explained to me, didn't realize what mom was suggesting was NOT filing a claim. And even if I did, by the time I got our insurance agent's number, the other person had already called their insurance and was on the phone was our insurance, so I don't know if I could have stopped her. Either way, mom is very mad. She's been kinda mad the past few days because of things like me texting my friends good night or because I said my most recent test was harder than the last one, but not this mad in a while.

And to think just a few hours I was counting my lucky stars she hadn't been mad in a while.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Agghh so I got into a wreck this morning. Dinged a parked car while trying to pull into a spot. Not bad but still anxiety inducing. Called mom because the insurance card in the card was expired. TLDR, the other person filed a claim which is not what my mom wanted to happen. Me, knowing nothing of how insurance works since it's never been explained to me, didn't realize what mom was suggesting was NOT filing a claim. And even if I did, by the time I got our insurance agent's number, the other person had already called their insurance and was on the phone was our insurance, so I don't know if I could have stopped her. Either way, mom is very mad. She's been kinda mad the past few days because of things like me texting my friends good night or because I said my most recent test was harder than the last one, but not this mad in a while.

And to think just a few hours I was counting my lucky stars she hadn't been mad in a while.
    Damn, that sucks. But yeah, I'm paranoid of hitting someone else's car. It's the reason why I do a paranoid zig-zag into a parking spot and often take spots a little bit further away just to avoid having to get into tight parking spots.

As for your mom, yeah, what else is new. She makes the Incredible Hulk seem jolly like Santa Claus.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Damn, that sucks. But yeah, I'm paranoid of hitting someone else's car. It's the reason why I do a paranoid zig-zag into a parking spot and often take spots a little bit further away just to avoid having to get into tight parking spots.

As for your mom, yeah, what else is new. She makes the Incredible Hulk seem jolly like Santa Claus.
    Yeah what's wild is that I had parked in that exact spot between two cars multiple times before and for whatever reason something this time was different. I'm bad at parking but I've never hit another car before. But at least the person agreed to not file a police report so no points on my license.

Yeah I mean I can see why she's mad, because it'll probably affect our premium since the claim was filed, which sucks. But I still feel like she can't blame me for not stopping the other person from filing the claim. Either way we got estimates and it's expensive but doable so hopefully the premium won't skyrocket.
    / / / / / / / /