Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    F*** it, time for another rant.

I had another person interested in a large vaporeon plush I made ages ago (and tried to sell to three different people at three different times before, only to have them all back out). This new person saw my pic of those plush and asked if I could make them one, I said I already had one I could sell, and they were very interested.

Everything seems fine at first, I just have to check shipping. $14. More than it was years ago, but there's not a single thing I can do about that. I tell them, they start telling me how that's so high and they have very little money, can I lower it, etc. I said fine, I'll pay half of of the shipping. Waiting for a reply. If that's not good enough, I'm just going to say sorry, but no sale.

I'm just...really angry. Not even at that person specifically. But I just also did a very difficult commission (art, not plush) for somebody where I lowered the price a lot because they didn't have much money. I was trying to be nice but I'm so tired of trying to be nice.

You know who also has very little money? Me. I'm already working way, way below minimum wage with these things, especially plushies. How much lower am I supposed to make them? I spend hours and hours on these. I lost my part time job earlier this year (the job which also screwed me out of a ton of money), and even before they screwed me over, I had to pay a lot of the money I made toward paying off a surgery I had and I just...I don't know. I can't even save much for the future (which I'm really worried about) and I'm tired of all these sob stories about not having money from people who want me to make stuff for them. If they don't have much money, they shouldn't be buying expensive commissions from people online. There's a ton of cool custom plush artists and digital artists that I really want commissions from. But I can't afford it, so I don't bother those artists. I just accept that I can't have it.

I'm just so frustrated and I've got more people asking me for art commissions and if they try to make me lower the price, I've just gotta say no, I can't afford that. But I'm just so sick of people expecting me to do things for them that they would never do for me, especially if they're complete strangers.

2. This post has been liked by: