Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Got threatened to be kicked out because I apologized for not washing the dishes correctly and not having all my chemistry homework done yet.
    Like the others said. You should NOT have to worry about all that stress she puts on you like that. It's too much with your school work and trying to move ahead in life. I feel like I'd worry even moving out in all honesty. Just on thoughts she would still track you. It's total BS and you shouldn't have to deal with that crap.

@Suicune's Fire That whole situation with D&D sounds crazy. You seriously need to have full cooperation from everyone when playing games. Seriously, as friends you'd think everyone would be okay with it and understand it's all for fun. I've come to learn it's always good to ask if you aren't sure on something. Even if you have to ask multiple times. Better than thinking something and assuming it to be and causing trouble. It's not worth causing all that trouble. Seriously, games like that should be fun and not causing arguments that get so out of hand with friends.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    @Suicune's Fire That whole situation with D&D sounds crazy. You seriously need to have full cooperation from everyone when playing games. Seriously, as friends you'd think everyone would be okay with it and understand it's all for fun. I've come to learn it's always good to ask if you aren't sure on something. Even if you have to ask multiple times. Better than thinking something and assuming it to be and causing trouble. It's not worth causing all that trouble. Seriously, games like that should be fun and not causing arguments that get so out of hand with friends.
    Yeah, she clearly had something very different in mind that involved deriving pleasure from insisting she be the centre of attention and punishing anyone or anything that gets in the way. She was also doing it to herself, because of her insistence to constantly change characters. It meant that we kept having to re-explain everything to each of her new characters, and find ways to integrate them into our campaign properly. It became kind of ridiculous. xD How can you be the centre of attention if you keep removing yourself anyway? Then the characters who have been there all along (a.k.a. mine) become more in the spotlight because they actually understand what has been happening and have had a hand in current events.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I don't know what it is about the girlfriend of DMs and why they're so difficult to play with.

My current campaign is myself, the DM who I went to school with, two other mates from school (one who isn't there too often), another guy, and the DMs girlfriend.

I enjoy playing with all of them except the girlfriend. She does stupid things that have stupid consequences and gets s***ty when her actions bite her on the a**.

Classic example. We are trying to find a member of our party who was captured. We see on the trail a group of thirteen mercenaries armed to their teeth. My character goes invisible to investigate. The other character waits back. This character however walks straight in. This character is a 22 year old Aasimar, who looked like she was about 12, before getting a bad roll and being cursed to shrink and now looks like she is about 7. Her backstory is that she was held captive in a church ad abused all her life until the Goddess of that church burnt it down for trying to sacrifice her. Because of this and having no interaction with the outside world, she is pretty dumb in the way she handles things.

So this group of thirteen mercs who are guarding this path? They tell her that if she tries to pass they will attack. She walks through and they attack. They roll initiative and she goes last, which means naturally she gets clusterf***ed by the group of mercenaries. Technically she should have died because the three hits she took after she got knocked out should have killed her but the DM had them stop after she was knocked unconscious.

I see this, and when she is knocked out, sneak over whilst still invisible then use Dimension Door to teleport us to the other side. Then the third guy who isn't the most stealth orientated, managed to sneak past.

Anyway, this chicks reaction is to leave the room crying and the DM spends the next 45 minutes consoling her. Then when she finally gets back, she then proceeds to interrogate the rest of us one by one asking if we think what she did was stupid.

Then two sessions ago, her and my character were investigating something and I was trying to lie to an NPC. She then proceeds to cut me off, and tell me to shut up. Not "I tell Firnen to shut up." Just "Shut up."

My response, that I dismissed as in character, but to a degree was personal was "Well f*** you then you miserable b****."

Her response was "You're really gonna do this now?" and we proceeded to have an in game arguement which really had an impact out of character.

Basically this character of hers talks like an twelve year old moron, but randomly grows a set of testicles and tries to act tough and badass, and just gets in the way.

I'm looking forward to the next in game fight. I have something good to say, which will be good fun.

But yes, DMs girlfriends suck.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Here here on the difficulty of dealing with the girlfriends of DMs.

I'm in a D&D campaign at the moment and it's my first one ever (as is with most of the people in the group) so we're still learning the ropes. The only people who have played D&D before are the DM and his girlfriend. His girlfriend, who is normally a very nice person, gets really mean during our sessions. She makes condescending comments when the new players ask questions and didn't like that a bunch of us had to voice call when we played last semester because three of us were studying abroad. We've figured out that she knows she can manipulate the DM into giving her what she wants and so she uses that to kinda make her character the center of everything and it's a bit annoying. Our DM told us during character creation that since it was our first times he didn't want anyone doing an alignment that was after chaotic neutral (so chaotic evil, etc). And he really didn't want us trying chaotic neutral, which we were fine with. Well, girlfriend pitched a tantrum that she wanted a chaotic neutral character and after about an hour of whining he finally relented only to have her change her mind to make the character lawful neutral instead. She also didn't want me to be a tiefling bard because she said that's not "realistic". Blah blah blah.

In regards to the situation with my mom, yeah I know it's abusive and I shouldn't have to put up with it. But this has been my life for 21 years for as long as I can remember. And short of her disowning me, which I don't really want to happen because then no one will be able to tend to she and my dad in their old age, she'll be like this for the rest of her life. Sure, she's gotten increasingly irrational as time has gone on, but she still tries to make up for it. I think she's becoming more aware of it? Even if what she does doesn't compensate a lot, I can tell she's trying... somewhat. Either way, with the way my degrees are going, if I decide to pick up a last minute minor (which means I might be able to avoid grad school), then I'd be able to leave the nest in a little over a year's time (since it would push me back from graduating in May to August). That end goal is what keeps me going.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Why are DMs' girlfriends so infuriating?! Noble yours sounds frustrating as all hell. And funny, because I play a tiefling bard. XD I have no idea why she thinks that's "unrealistic" considering those are are base classes and races; the book literally tells you it's an option by presenting you with it in the Player's Handbook. XD She sounds horrible.

Jacob I've heard about yours too, haha. I've seen it work well, but there's always a flip side too.

Fair enough on your mum. I don't think you're responsible for looking after them in their old age tbh, especially if this is how she treats you now. She doesn't automatically get that privilege simply because you're her offspring. She isn't showing you respect and it's hard for me to come up with reasons why you should show her any. But it's also your life so I won't pry. I'm just keen for you to eventually move out.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Why are DMs' girlfriends so infuriating?! Noble yours sounds frustrating as all hell. And funny, because I play a tiefling bard. XD I have no idea why she thinks that's "unrealistic" considering those are are base classes and races; the book literally tells you it's an option by presenting you with it in the Player's Handbook. XD She sounds horrible.

Jacob I've heard about yours too, haha. I've seen it work well, but there's always a flip side too.

Fair enough on your mum. I don't think you're responsible for looking after them in their old age tbh, especially if this is how she treats you now. She doesn't automatically get that privilege simply because you're her offspring. She isn't showing you respect and it's hard for me to come up with reasons why you should show her any. But it's also your life so I won't pry. I'm just keen for you to eventually move out.
    Yeah my tiefling bard has been a ton of fun! He's the heir to a fashion empire and sings to people about how awful their clothes are. Also he plays a trumpet because I am nothing if not a memelord.

While I agree after everything she's done to me I shouldn't feel obligated to take care of them, for me it just wouldn't sit right with me to just up and abandon them. For one, my dad has done his best to try and support me and protect me from her when he can. But two, as I'm an only child, if I just ditched them in some retirement home, no one would be there to take care of them. I know how much it meant to my grandparents when me and my parents visited them. No one deserves to be left alone like that. Good person or not, I prefer to treat others as I wish to be treated, even if it means putting up with really crappy people. My mom may not be the best person, but in her position I'd want people to visit me, so I plan to care for and visit her as best I can.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yeah my tiefling bard has been a ton of fun! He's the heir to a fashion empire and sings to people about how awful their clothes are. Also he plays a trumpet because I am nothing if not a memelord.

While I agree after everything she's done to me I shouldn't feel obligated to take care of them, for me it just wouldn't sit right with me to just up and abandon them. For one, my dad has done his best to try and support me and protect me from her when he can. But two, as I'm an only child, if I just ditched them in some retirement home, no one would be there to take care of them. I know how much it meant to my grandparents when me and my parents visited them. No one deserves to be left alone like that. Good person or not, I prefer to treat others as I wish to be treated, even if it means putting up with really crappy people. My mom may not be the best person, but in her position I'd want people to visit me, so I plan to care for and visit her as best I can.
    I freaking love that. XD That sounds amazing. Mine's a female tiefling bard! But she's actually a terrible bard. She basically never plays any music or sings. XD

No that totally makes sense. That's really noble (huehue) of you as well. And sure, care for her then, but for now...she needs to realise the way she's treating you isn't okay. =/

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I freaking love that. XD That sounds amazing. Mine's a female tiefling bard! But she's actually a terrible bard. She basically never plays any music or sings. XD

No that totally makes sense. That's really noble (huehue) of you as well. And sure, care for her then, but for now...she needs to realise the way she's treating you isn't okay. =/
    Lol I mean the few times I've tried to get him to play songs I've had horrible rolls and so they never do us any good. So he's singing to people about their horrible fashion, but his singing and playing isn't much better than their fashion. XD

Yeah she does. And there are things I need to improve on and be more cognizant of too. I hope if we both realize our faults and improve from there it'll make our relationship stronger in the future.
    / / / / / / / /

it's more so been an awful month rather than a day. i wish i could just like. turn back time and fix everything that i've done wrong and take back things i didnt mean to say and make amends with the people that i love the most except i know thatll never happen. i feel like i've lost everything and no matter how many times i try to put the pieces back together again i can't. i just wish to have one conversation with those that i've hurt and let them know that wasn't my intention and to please just give me a second chance but i don't think i'll ever get that chance and i feel very stuck and even if i do manage to move past it nothings ever gonna be the same.

and its caused my mental health to be so bad?? like i've tried making myself feel better. i've tried to hang out with people and it makes me feel lonelier and even being alone does absolutely nothing. ive pretty much just been napping this whole week because i'm drained and have no motivation or energy left. on top of everything i also have trichotillomania, which is the impulse to pull out your hair, and the stress is so severe on me its caused me to relapse after 6 years and now theres a spot where im missing noticeable amounts of hair on my head. i feel like talking to these people and clearing the air would make me feel a whole lot better but i'm also scared to do that and know they'll never give me the light of day.

i'm so stuck its not even funny and i miss them so bad and i've tried to reach out but i've also been shut down and i just really hope one day they see i dont mean harm and i wanna fix things and im not a bad person at all my mental health just wasn't quite where it needed to be

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post
    it's more so been an awful month rather than a day. i wish i could just like. turn back time and fix everything that i've done wrong and take back things i didnt mean to say and make amends with the people that i love the most except i know thatll never happen. i feel like i've lost everything and no matter how many times i try to put the pieces back together again i can't. i just wish to have one conversation with those that i've hurt and let them know that wasn't my intention and to please just give me a second chance but i don't think i'll ever get that chance and i feel very stuck and even if i do manage to move past it nothings ever gonna be the same.

and its caused my mental health to be so bad?? like i've tried making myself feel better. i've tried to hang out with people and it makes me feel lonelier and even being alone does absolutely nothing. ive pretty much just been napping this whole week because i'm drained and have no motivation or energy left. on top of everything i also have trichotillomania, which is the impulse to pull out your hair, and the stress is so severe on me its caused me to relapse after 6 years and now theres a spot where im missing noticeable amounts of hair on my head. i feel like talking to these people and clearing the air would make me feel a whole lot better but i'm also scared to do that and know they'll never give me the light of day.

i'm so stuck its not even funny and i miss them so bad and i've tried to reach out but i've also been shut down and i just really hope one day they see i dont mean harm and i wanna fix things and im not a bad person at all my mental health just wasn't quite where it needed to be
    If this is the same person you were talking with me about before, just know that you're doing nothing wrong. If it's about more than one person, you're still not doing anything wrong. From what you've said, it sounds like you're doing everything right and you want to take back what you said and make it up to this person/people. That shows how much you care about them. It's not your fault that they won't talk to you even after that, and I still think there must be something else going on because it just doesn't make any sense to refuse to talk to someone who really wants to work things out and make it right. I don't know what's going on with this person or people, but I can't see why anyone would refuse to talk to someone just because they made a mistake (that they are sorry for). I don't know the situation, but it seems like there must be something else making them want to act this way, and they're putting the blame on you.

Just know that regardless of what they say or don't say to you, you're not a bad person. I know what it's like to miss someone like that, and if you want to talk to me again just message me. You'll get through this.