Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

"Today was a terrible day because..."

Let's face it: thousands of events happen in our lives that we don't care much about. Sometimes those events are so terrible that they're worthy of talking about. Sometimes they're so stupid and minor but we STILL want to talk about them anyway.

This is a thread meant to channel everyone's negative energy to. Something happen to you today or this week or even this month that you just need to get off your chest? Do you feel as if you have no one to turn to? Maybe you just feel as if it'll make you feel better to scream it out to the rest of the world?

You've come to the right place! Rants and complaints and peeves, big AND small are all welcome here! And the best part about it: you don't have to feel obliged or pressured to answer or respond to anyone here. You can if you want to, but it's all on you.

All I ask is that you PLEASE keep any potential discussions and arguments CIVIL. If you're angry and need to scream, cuss, whine, *****, complain, moan, and every other synonym in the book pertaining to venting, that is COMPLETELY fine. Just please, at all costs, do NOT direct that anger to anyone on the forum in particular. WE ARE ALL FRIENDS HERE. This isnt the place for friends to fight, just to get their problems off of their chest.

If you'd like to give feedback, I ask that you please try not to intentionally dismiss or invalidate the other person's feelings. It's okay to constructively say that "hey, maybe the actions you took to solve this problem weren't all that smart," so long as you keep it constructive. Just remember that we all do irrational things when we're angry that we may not be so proud of when we finally collect all of our thoughts.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah edit:
    NO RANTING ABOUT FORUM STUFF IN HERE, PLEASE! Especially not about other members. Even if you think you're being indirect, that person will probably be able to tell and the LAST thing we want is to cause forum drama! If you ever have a problem with a forum member, you can always contact me or another staff member and we will do our best to sort things out! If you just want to rant, I am also happy for you to vent to me via PM about anything you like, but I think it's best that stuff isn't public. Thanks guys! :)
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 02-06-2017 at 06:48 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

2. This post has been liked by:

This sounds like a good idea. I hope the other users find this helpful.

4. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

This is a good idea but I think it's best to disallow ranting about other members cos really, that person will 99% be able to tell even if you think you're being sneaky. xD And even if you're not actually ranting about them, if you've had a confrontation with them recently then they might be paranoid that you are. So yeah best to avoid that altogether, so I added a little note in your post. Otherwise this is a good idea and I hope it helps people let off steam! :)
    GCEA

6. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    This is a good idea but I think it's best to disallow ranting about other members cos really, that person will 99% be able to tell even if you think you're being sneaky. xD And even if you're not actually ranting about them, if you've had a confrontation with them recently then they might be paranoid that you are. So yeah best to avoid that altogether, so I added a little note in your post. Otherwise this is a good idea and I hope it helps people let off steam! :)
    Ah, I suppose that makes sense. ;o thanks

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

8. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

I like it Speed. However I feel like a lot of these kinds of rants end up in Blogs for most or our members. Though I would like to see people vent in a way that doesnt lead to an explosion of emotions. Which is really the trick because even neutral words can be perceived the wrong way when a person is heated.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Which is really the trick because even neutral words can be perceived the wrong way when a person is heated.
    Omg, don't we know it. xD

11. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Omg, don't we know it. xD
    You talking about you and i??? hahahaha

Maybe we should add an emotion filter on. So people know if the following tirade is meant in a playful yet annoyed way. You are reading my words but you are picking whatever inflection you like on them :) People like me, we make bad word combinations so we tend to paint the wrong picture ;)

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I think this is a good idea. And yes, thank you very much Sarah for the 'don't rant about other members' rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    You talking about you and i??? hahahaha

Maybe we should add an emotion filter on. So people know if the following tirade is meant in a playful yet annoyed way. You are reading my words but you are picking whatever inflection you like on them :) People like me, we make bad word combinations so we tend to paint the wrong picture ;)
    Yep. Sure am. XDD

Yeah, I've done that plenty of times as well. xD It's so frustrating to be misinterpreted! We totally need an emotion indicator, lol. Or we should just speak all our posts. XD

But yeah, I hope this thread can be utilised in a mature way! No forum-related ranting is a very good idea. I was concerned about that, haha.

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    But we can still rant about ourselves right? I think some of the things that make me angry are more often than not caused by me. Sometimes I feel like I should stand in front of a mirror and shake my fist in a mildly irritated manner...at myself. XD

But one thing that I'm constantly frustrated about, is people with poor driving manners/habits. Especially when someone is in the passing lane and is going five miles below the limit and not moving over. Super frustrating. Or when I'm driving slightly over or at the speed limit on surface streets when the roads are relatively empty and yet someone feels the need to stick their bumper up my exhaust. Gahhh!!

Now I need some comfort food...and I don't think the girls scouts are selling somoa's just yet...This rant just keeps getting wor...ooh ice cream

128-looks-yummy.png

16. This post has been liked by: