Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    See I'd love to get a paycheck except I've been forbidden to get a job. A paying one at least. Yippee.

Idk man because it makes her feel better? She literally used to yell at me for "not being able to dress myself" because I had a phase during high school where I got so tired of arguing with her about clothes I just let her pick them. But now that I've been independent thanks to college, internships, and study abroad, and am used to dressing myself, she yells at me saying I shouldn't pick out my own clothes! It's liike, which is it? Do I get to pick out my own outfits or not?
    Okay seriously? That's more than not fair. We've got a spare house you can live in for awhile if you'd like. Kinda just using it for some storage and letting friends or family use it when needed. It'll help you get away from it all and find something at least. You're not too far from where I am if I remember right? She can't force you to be her puppet. This isn't a game. It's real life and you have to get a job and move on. You can do that if she's only holding you back and forcing you to hold her hand throughout your entire life.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Delete.

Or...

Sprinkle sarcasm all over that crap. Like "oh my goodness, please let me know your name and address so I can mail you a sympathy card! Sending you my thoughts and prayers!" Or "Thank you for your review, <Moron's name>! At Scytherwolf Inc., we value all feedback from all our readers, regardless of whether they're humans, drooling zombies, or mentally dereanged Neanderthals! Please continue to show your support and we hope you continue to be a loyal reviewer!" Or how about "Achievement Unlocked: Reaching the Top of Mount Nobody Gives a Crap! [100 Cool Points] Oh, you're well on your way to ruling the world now!" Or even "Yes, please keep pretending like you understand what's important! It really made my pet fruit fly giggle!"

Have fun with your prey. Savor the torment. Enjoy the memories. >:3
    AHAHAHAHA, that is amazing. Sadly, these were anonymous comments, so there's no way to reply to them. I just deleted. However, if they get an account I'm gonna do something like this.

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    AHAHAHAHA, that is amazing. Sadly, these were anonymous comments, so there's no way to reply to them. I just deleted. However, if they get an account I'm gonna do something like this.
    People on smackjeeves get comments like this all the time. People just want something to hate usually. Make fun of them, ignore them, or delete them. There’s not much you can do if it’s an anonymous user but just remember you’ve got a lot of support here.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

People on smackjeeves get comments like this all the time. People just want something to hate usually. Make fun of them, ignore them, or delete them. There’s not much you can do if it’s an anonymous user but just remember you’ve got a lot of support here.
    Yeah, when I get to the point of posting my comic, I'm prepared to deal with that.

Prepared, yes. >:3

But really, guests shouldn't be allowed to make comments. It makes no sense and it's no surprise the floodgates of garbage get opened up that way.

Administrator

I know it can be deterring. Thing is, you've gotta cling to the support of those you know enjoy what you create. Sometimes it's exactly that that will pull you out of a bind. Having others show such passion for what you create.

I agree, only members of a site should be able to comment. If you're a guest, you should have no room to say anything. Cling to those you know will support you as a drive to push for greater success.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Yeah, I remember getting some on smackjeeves myself. Glad you guys are here!

Yeah, when I get to the point of posting my comic, I'm prepared to deal with that.

Prepared, yes. >:3

But really, guests shouldn't be allowed to make comments. It makes no sense and it's no surprise the floodgates of garbage get opened up that way.
    Haha, I should do that when I start my comic back up again. And yeah, I agree. You used to be able to block guests from commenting on Fanfiction.net, but they removed that feature so you have to manually delete them and there's no way to reply. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I know it can be deterring. Thing is, you've gotta cling to the support of those you know enjoy what you create. Sometimes it's exactly that that will pull you out of a bind. Having others show such passion for what you create.

I agree, only members of a site should be able to comment. If you're a guest, you should have no room to say anything. Cling to those you know will support you as a drive to push for greater success.
    Yeah, I really hope I won't be worrying about this stuff when I write PoD again. I should save the comments from people who do like it and read those or something.

It's really dumb we have to put up with guest comments. But yeah, I will!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Got threatened to be kicked out because I apologized for not washing the dishes correctly and not having all my chemistry homework done yet.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Got threatened to be kicked out because I apologized for not washing the dishes correctly and not having all my chemistry homework done yet.
    e_e Tbh sounds like you need to move out anyway. Dx I don't know how you can live with your mother. You shouldn't have to deal with that kind of BS. Though obviously moving out is a huge thing so it's not like you can just up and go, but...yeesh. I'm so sorry you have to deal with her. She sounds like she has a lot of issues to work out.

It didn't happen today, but a few days ago we had to properly remove one of the players in my D&D group. The group consists of me, my mate Ro, the DM, and the DM's girlfriend. So the four of us. Back in 2017, I played my first session of D&D with the same DM, Ro, and two other people. We had a second session with the same people some months later. Since then, those two other people have stopped playing with us for their own reasons, but the current campaign, which we began playing sometime in 2018, was a continuation of the campaign we'd played in those two sessions prior. However, the DM's girlfriend wanted to play because she'd never played before, so we continued the campaign with the four of us.

Along the way the DM's girlfriend was learning how to play and she was exploring different ways to play and ended up cycling through three characters. I stuck with one the whole time. But she loves character creation, so we got it. However over the course of the campaign, we realised that she was becoming somewhat destructive and disrespectful, and would do things to sabotage our characters, or moments they had, so that she could shift the spotlight over to herself. She made it very clear that she enjoyed antagonising Ro, even going so far as to create characters just to annoy him, and looking back, she did the same to me as well. However, you know, I had faith that she was a decent person so I didn't put much stock in it. But then more things kept happening and three sessions ago, which was the last session she was a part of, she did something that really pissed me off. Basically we were trying to save a monastery of monks from an incursion of trolls and grimlocks emerging from underground through their tunnels, and fronting the assault was a fomorian, which is a deformed, hideous giant. Very stupid, also. We'd trapped the fomorian in a room and it was senselessly bashing at the walls to try to escape (not realising it wasn't strong enough to break them), so while figuring out how to proceed, the monk leader was telling us that, basically, all the PCs should try to kill the fomorian while the monk acolytes should be placed at the underground road entrance to fight off the incursion. My character was in agreement, but the DM's girlfriend was arguing that the acolytes should come with us to fight the fomorian...while leaving nobody to defend the underground roads. The monk leader then proceeded to tell us that the acolytes were in training still, and would be killed if they were thrown up against the massive giant in the other room, but that they stood a chance against the incursion because of numbers and tactical placement.

DM's girlfriend proceeded to argue again and again, despite me very clearly outlining that the monk who has trained all the acolytes knows their capability better than anyone and is literally telling us the most effective course of action, but she just kept refusing to budge. Eventually she ended up giving in, and was being extremely dismissive and like "Fine. Whatever. Do what you want," which she finishes off with her proceeding to word how her character breaks the fourth wall and "looks off into the distance as if at a camera and smirks." And oh my god, good thing I have self-restraint because I was ready to freaking strangle her. She was being intentionally defiant because, despite LOGIC, she wasn't getting her way. And to her, it was like we were strong-arming her into my plan. Which was not the case. I was so furious that I had to get up and leave the table to go and cool off. xD It was so incredibly disrespectful and this, piled with all the other crap she'd pulled and insistence on the spotlight constantly being on her built up, made me consider leaving the game. I would normally talk to people about this kind of thing, but I knew it would only cause conflict, which was likely to carry over to the actual game itself. As well as that, we're not that close and so I didn't feel like I could bring her up on the things she was doing. To top it all off, being the DM's girlfriend, I didn't want it to have an impact on their relationship outside the game if there was tension between players.

A few weeks after that session (oh P.S. we managed to save the monastery AND all none of the acolytes died thanks to COMMON SENSE), Ro and I were unable to lock in the dates that DM's girlfriend wanted to do, which made her chuck a hissy and she was like, "That's it, the whole campaign is cancelled." And despite such threats, the DM's response was very much, "Oh honey, that's not how it works." So she was like "Fine you'll have to play without me then!!!" so we were like "...Okay!" xD So we played a session without her, and oh my god it was so peaceful. Don't get me wrong, it was still filled with heinous plans forged by malicious and malevolent bad guys, but there was no weird tension between players (being JUST Ro and me XD) and it was so much fun. So then after that, leading up to the session we had on Thursday, she suddenly goes, "Okay I want back in." And...well...Ro basically said she wasn't welcome. xD Which I agreed with.

SO THEN COMES THE FALLOUT! Girlfriend freaks out, talks to DM, blocks both Ro and me, and demands that the DM never mention us (his close friends) ever again, and never speak of anything we do together... xD Which is obviously unsustainable. Anyway, she descends further, shows up at his house unannounced, and starts spurting nonsense about Ro and me not wanting her and DM to be together, and yeah, oof... So we had the session on Thursday, and brought in a mutual friend who we played a day game with shortly before I left for the US, and he was fantastic! And we all had a great time, but the DM had to go outside and spent like two hours on the phone to gf. They're not broken up yet, but likely will be by the end of the week.

At first I felt really guilty, then I was mad, then guilty/sad again, and now I'm back to this weird middle-ground where I learned other crappy things she did and said during the campaign and I'm very glad she won't be around anymore, but I'm sad she got hurt as well. It really sucks that it had to happen, but honestly she's a very toxic person and I didn't know that until recently. O_o Poor DM was stuck in the middle of all this, trying to mediate while also trying to salvage his relationship. Turns out she's been putting him under a lot of pressure in their relationship as well, so it's best for him if they separate. This whole time, I had no idea how she really was. It sucks. =/

10. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

As Xanthe said, it seems hopeless. Tell her you're interested in moving out, but you need that paying job to do it because you can't pay a rent if you don't have that. But really, she can't continue to be this impossible to satisfy person because now I'm convinced she actually enjoys the arguing, screaming, and scolding and it's probably what's kicking up her dopamine whenever she does it. If she really wants to try going through the formal eviction process, she's in for a barrel of fun times. It's actually quite difficult. The only problem is the constant and ongoing anarchy of making your life a living hell each day. But maybe it's time to just give her the "whatever" treatment. If she doesn't want to compromise and talk things over in a civil and understanding way, just toss that word in her face. You've tried being reasonable and she didn't want it. So just take the passive approach and use as few words as possible to converse with her. Do a little as humanly possible with her around. Take frequent walks, head to the library, wherever you want to go to not be around her. If she's going to complain about every stupid little thing anyway, what difference will it make?

And she if takes it to a physical level and attacks you and tries to hurt you, call the cops. I'm serious. Trust me, cops are no strangers to domestic disputes, but the second she strikes you or threatens to harm you with some kind of weapon or what have you, let that psychopath have it and get the boys in blue on her butt. What's she's putting you through is outright abuse and you don't deserve any of that.

@Suicune's Fire

...Wow. It's been a while since I've played D&D (it was only 2nd edition in my old school days), but I can't believe the DM's girlfriend (we'll call her Karen) did all that garbage. I bet she does the same kind of coworker sabotage at her job.

D&D is great fun, but my goodness, it's a disaster if people don't cooperate or they keep getting distracted by other things. I remember at my brother's birthday party, the guy we had as DM was trying to explain the rules and how to make characters, but the three guys who were new to the whole thing really just didn't care and kept getting distracted. An hour later, we kind of just gave up because they were more interested in watching TV and goofing around. But yeah, to really enjoy D&D, you need people who care and want to be team players.

Karen just seems like one of these self-centered people where she likely feels she's the star of the show and everyone else is just an NPC. But yeah, your DM buddy needs to dump her. I figure it's a hard thing for him to do, but the dude needs to consider if he really wants to continue to hang out with someone who does this kind of stuff to him and his friends.

Having met you in real life and played some of those crazy games at Dave and Buster's, man, I wish I could play D&D with you and your buddies. I would totally play a rogue. >:3

@Suicune's Fire

...Wow. It's been a while since I've played D&D (it was only 2nd edition in my old school days), but I can't believe the DM's girlfriend (we'll call her Karen) did all that garbage. I bet she does the same kind of coworker sabotage at her job.

D&D is great fun, but my goodness, it's a disaster if people don't cooperate or they keep getting distracted by other things. I remember at my brother's birthday party, the guy we had as DM was trying to explain the rules and how to make characters, but the three guys who were new to the whole thing really just didn't care and kept getting distracted. An hour later, we kind of just gave up because they were more interested in watching TV and goofing around. But yeah, to really enjoy D&D, you need people who care and want to be team players.

Karen just seems like one of these self-centered people where she likely feels she's the star of the show and everyone else is just an NPC. But yeah, your DM buddy needs to dump her. I figure it's a hard thing for him to do, but the dude needs to consider if he really wants to continue to hang out with someone who does this kind of stuff to him and his friends.

Having met you in real life and played some of those crazy games at Dave and Buster's, man, I wish I could play D&D with you and your buddies. I would totally play a rogue. >:3
    KAREN. XD I approve. Freaking Karen.

Oh my gosh, second edition! That's awesome! I've only ever played 5th, but I wish I'd played it earlier to compare editions. I can't believe how different even 4th edition is! And yeah, wouldn't surprise me honestly.

Ugh that would really annoy me as a DM. xD If anyone's on their phones or is completely distracted (for no good reason) while in a session, it's never fun. It's like, if you'd rather be elsewhere, please let us be. And yeah, Ro and I both think he needs to let her go. Turns out she's also been obstructing his work as well as family commitments. So turns out she's really possessive too! Unhealthily so.

Aw, thank you! That means a lot! :D I think you would be a lot of fun to play with too! I've only ever played four classes, so I'd be looking to explore! Always wanted to be a monk. :3

13. This post has been liked by: