Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I yelled at a lady yesterday because I let her come down a narrow, car-lined street before me and she didn't even thank me! I wouldn't have done it if my car window wasn't closed though xD /wimp
    Bahaha oh my gosh, I haaate when people don't thank you! Sooo rude. I yell at people too. with the window up

Why was this closed? Reopening

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

3. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Why was this closed? Reopening
    You're the best, Speed-X <333
    Prepare your ears for a mega rant!

This is old news, but gather 'round, friends.

At my last job, I was quite happy. I worked there for three years as a barista for a Starbucks kiosk. We were understaffed significantly, and the remaining employees wanted few hours and limited availability. One of our girls has a son with muscular dystrophy, who needs someone home with him at all times. This can be quite taxing on her availability, because her husband works many hours, and her other two sons live on their own and also work. I can't blame her for her circumstances, and she is a truly genuine person. Another lady, on the contrary, would lie, cheat and steal to get her time off. Nearly every story she told was a lie. And she'd do it with a toothy, crooked grin. She often made back-handed remarks, and was the root cause of many squabbles in the workplace. She knew the system and took advantage of it in a malicious way. She would time her call-outs just far enough apart to avoid write-ups. She was a terrible employee, even when she did work. Disorganized, and improper deployment--These things are extremely important at that job. These were just two particular employees who made it difficult to cover hours. This is not including the students attending college or high school, as even students were more cooperative with availability.

After my three years of working there, my manager seeked opportunity elsewhere. What did this mean? I saw a personal opportunity to take her place. It shouldn't take extensive training, as I knew the ins-and-outs of the job. The only things I needed to learn were scheduling, ordering, and inventory. Though Advanced Store Training is no simple feat. You are required to become trainer certified, and then comes the actual advanced training, which is ten workbooks that you're expected to complete on the clock, off the sales floor. It takes an estimated 40 hours, then your books must be reviewed, signed, and dated by your supervisor. The company I worked for made this EXTREMELY difficult, because they were not willing to 1. provide the hours, 2. extend my deadline to complete the workbooks to match the hours it takes to complete them, and 3. allow me to work at a table or desk for the amount of time it takes (most of my bookwork was done while I was on register or working alone).

I ran out of time.
    We had no certified supervisor, and this was bad news if our district manager paid us a visit and found out.
    And she did. She graciously granted me a couple of days to train with a supervisor at another store, where I crammed the remainder of my work. It was established that the next time she visited me that the workbooks were to be completed, that way she could certify me.
    During this time, I was also scheduled to work at my store for 40 hours. We were dealing with frequent call outs, and often times we were down 50% of our staff for the day. I had promotions to set up, and no help from my team at all. I was consistently working 14 hour days. I got sick twice in a month, which is to be expected.

After my training was finally complete, and I was certified to manage the kiosk by my District Manager, I curiously asked my STORE manager when I was going to get the pay increase (as it should have happened at the very least, right after my certification, since I had been the ACTING manager for a month by the time I asked).

It turned out she had been stringing me along.
    She hired someone for the position. What's more is that she expected me to Barista train her, Barista TRAINER train her, then give her advanced store training!
    Barista training takes roughly 45 hours of on-the-clock training with a supervisor.
    Barista trainer training should only be about roughly 8 if I remember. With a supervisor.
    And then Advanced Store Training is another 40 hours.

This was all a huge ruse that my store manager had created so that she could, in a sense, "cut labor".
    This is not at all how cutting labor works.
    What she did was she ran us understaffed (while we were down people anyway), and she didn't want the store to pay for a Starbucks department manager wage, so she pulled some strings in order to buy a few months of time without having to.
    Now of course, this was all a secret kept from the Starbucks district manager--had she found out, we would have been shut down.
    In an open meeting with some front-end managers, my district manager, and my store manager, I made mention that we aren't making numbers because the employees that are left are stretched very thin. We didn't have the people to run the kiosk efficiently.
    Our store manager didn't want her little "secret" to get out, so she told me with a dark smile "you're just an open book, aren't you?"
    I replied "I'm an honest person".
    And she said "yes, well you're being a little TOO honest."
    Umm... There I am, thinking "what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Angry, tired, run down, sick, underpaid--I was still left with the task of training my 'replacement'. I initially told my store manager I would complete these tasks. But that evening, I grew a backbone. The very next day, I laid my two weeks notice on her desk. She looked at me and said "I thought we had an agreement."
    To which I replied "Things change."
    She should know how 'things change', shouldn't she? Ha...

I'm still quite angry about this event.

You know, people who put in their two weeks there are given a card, a cupcake, and some acknowlegement.
    Me? Zilch. I had a few customers who thought to stop in and say goodbye.
    Aside that, nothing. Even the people who I thought I had shared a special bond with....
    It was cold. So cold.

I can't possibly begin to describe my resentment toward my final experiences there.

But I moved. Things are changing for the best. <333

It feels great to rant that all away!

None of this happened today, but sometimes the memory haunts me.

5. This post has been liked by:

@Altia Oh my gosh. That lady is a sick piece of work. I reeeeallly wish the district manager would have found out. That disgusting woman should be managing NOTHING. Seriously! What a disgraceful human! How dare she treat you like that. DDD:< I'm so sorry that happened to you! But WOW, when you stuck it to her with your two weeks notice. Awesomesauce. <3 Go Ariel! That's what she deserved. What a disgusting bucket of slop. Honestly, she's gonna get what's coming to her. >.>

Glad you could get this off your chest! I knew some of that, but not the whole story. I'm so proud of you for being strong! Never let anyone treat you like that. D:<

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    @Altia Oh my gosh. That lady is a sick piece of work. I reeeeallly wish the district manager would have found out. That disgusting woman should be managing NOTHING. Seriously! What a disgraceful human! How dare she treat you like that. DDD:< I'm so sorry that happened to you! But WOW, when you stuck it to her with your two weeks notice. Awesomesauce. <3 Go Ariel! That's what she deserved. What a disgusting bucket of slop. Honestly, she's gonna get what's coming to her. >.>

Glad you could get this off your chest! I knew some of that, but not the whole story. I'm so proud of you for being strong! Never let anyone treat you like that. D:<
    It was like nothing I had ever seen. It's amazing what you find when you uncover the inner-workings of a place like that.
    You know, she was doing it all so that she could get more money on her annual bonus check. To my understanding, she's a little more than well-off. I did, however, get a lot of recognition for what had happened, after the fact. Before you knew it, everyone in the store knew what happened, and the store manager's reputation took a tumble.

And what happened after I left?
    The VERY DAY after my final day, the District manager showed up. Things came to light. She. Was. Furious.
    I've come to find that the lady who always lies was transferred.
    And the lady the store manager hired to take my position didn't make the cut.
    Surprise-surprise! Can't pull any ol' person off the street to do that job! Deeefinitely didn't see THAT coming! :P
    The store manager herself was sent to manage another store. I was hoping for something more than that.
    And the new store manager at that store hired enough people for the kiosk to run efficiently.
    The new Starbucks manager is none other than an amazing coworker of mine who helped me through it all. She was the only one who truly stuck by my side. She bravely rode out the storm and managed to get the promotion after all else failed.

After I moved, I was personally offered a job through another company to do the same job; manage a Starbucks kiosk (with correct pay). It was wonderful to feel wanted. I had to respectfully decline, as I now live well over an hour away.

Thanks for reading all that, Xanthe! I didn't actually think anybody would! It was quite the novel! <333 You're the bessst!

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Jesus, what a b***h. Seriously, one thing I remain grateful for is the fact my bosses are awesome. I have no complaint with them, and are both genuinely good people. Then my other jobs I'm somewhat my own boss so it makes boss drama near non existent.

I have a little rant. It's miniscule and more of a minor incivenience.

I got fuel today. I was st pump number 1 and went in and said "Just fuel at number 1 please".

The bloke presses the magic button and the EFTPOS machine lights up. I pay then look st the display on the register. He had charged me for number 2's fuel instead. It was $23 cheaper than mine (because I have a slightly weird relationship with my car and only run it on premium, as well as I filled the tank) so I spoke up. People were starting to gather in line behind me, and I started to get embarassed because I was going to be taking a while, as well as the fact my car was blocking someone else's (as I didn't expect it to take this long to pay for fuel).

The bloke said he would refund the money to my card. Here is the catch. My card isn't a visa or MasterCard. It's just a plain bank card. Only works with ATMs and EFTPOS machines. You can only refund by doing a bank transfer which would take a day, and I didn't have enough money in the account to pay for number 2, then mine and wait a day for the refund. The bloke ended up having to pull a calculator out to do the difference. Once I paid, I left the servo the quickest I have ever left a servo.

#aussielingomate

9. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

GUYS. I WAS THE ONE WHO LOCKED THE THREAD. XD I did it by accident! Turns out you can lock it by clicking on the icon next to the thread name, which I had done by accident. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Altia View Post
    It was like nothing I had ever seen. It's amazing what you find when you uncover the inner-workings of a place like that.
    You know, she was doing it all so that she could get more money on her annual bonus check. To my understanding, she's a little more than well-off. I did, however, get a lot of recognition for what had happened, after the fact. Before you knew it, everyone in the store knew what happened, and the store manager's reputation took a tumble.

And what happened after I left?
    The VERY DAY after my final day, the District manager showed up. Things came to light. She. Was. Furious.
    I've come to find that the lady who always lies was transferred.
    And the lady the store manager hired to take my position didn't make the cut.
    Surprise-surprise! Can't pull any ol' person off the street to do that job! Deeefinitely didn't see THAT coming! :P
    The store manager herself was sent to manage another store. I was hoping for something more than that.
    And the new store manager at that store hired enough people for the kiosk to run efficiently.
    The new Starbucks manager is none other than an amazing coworker of mine who helped me through it all. She was the only one who truly stuck by my side. She bravely rode out the storm and managed to get the promotion after all else failed.

After I moved, I was personally offered a job through another company to do the same job; manage a Starbucks kiosk (with correct pay). It was wonderful to feel wanted. I had to respectfully decline, as I now live well over an hour away.

Thanks for reading all that, Xanthe! I didn't actually think anybody would! It was quite the novel! <333 You're the bessst!
    Yeah, absolutely. And woooowww, what a terrible human. OH GOOD!!!!! I'm so glad that happened!

All those things are amazing. xD It's so cool that the new manager is your friend! :D Well deserved. And good for you for turning it down. :] You're destined for bigger and better things, you wonderful person, you!

Nah, of course! Ahaha. You're sweet. <3

@Desolate Divine That's sooo embarrassing. And it sucks that it wasn't even your mistake; it was his! x__x I would have fled as well, haha. Omg.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Well I screwed up big time this evening and nearly paid a big price for it. I accidentally ran a red light. I was at an intersection turning right. The light went green and I moved but I didn't realise there was a red arrow. Got to the middle of the intersection and realised. Luckily it was late so the intersection was near empty. There was one person going the other way. I let them pass and when it was clear floored it. Luckily there were no cops because that simple mistake might have cost me my license. I also floored it most of the way home, sitting on the speed limit and overtaking when I could because I wasn't in a nice neighbourhood when it happened. I was worried about some angry person I cut off following me and road raging when I was at a ref light. Thank god for a fast car. Easy to leave people behind...

12. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

Why is Xanthe always locking threads? ;) Seems like everyday she closes a new thread by "accident". Remember that time she closed the new member section? @Suicune's Fire. :p

@Altia people are the worst. Youll find 80 percent of all mangers are grabage and pety.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

JACOB. I've done that. x: Thought it was green and took a left, then realised it was a red arrow. My passangers were like "Wut." Luckily there were barely any people around. xD Coulda cost me mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    Why is Xanthe always locking threads? ;) Seems like everyday she closes a new thread by "accident". Remember that time she closed the new member section? @Suicune's Fire. :p
    Noooo??? xD When was that?