Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    @Scytherwolf shouldn't you just report this Sally clod so they don't bother you again? or block them or their various acolytes?

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Foogle View Post
    @Scytherwolf shouldn't you just report this Sally clod so they don't bother you again? or block them or their various acolytes?
    I blocked Sally of course. The others are guests though and there's nothing I can do to guests other than delete their comments. Fanfiction.net no longer even has an option to disable guest reviews.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I blocked Sally of course. The others are guests though and there's nothing I can do to guests other than delete their comments. Fanfiction.net no longer even has an option to disable guest reviews.
    ...which is as stupid as painting potatoes green and pretending they're currency in Narnia.

What an annoying thing to deal with, though. In my opinion, guests shouldn't even be able to leave reviews in the first place. 99.99% of other sites out there require you to register to leave reviews because obviously, stupid things like this happen otherwise. Otherwise why even bother having a ban option?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    ...which is as stupid as painting potatoes green and pretending they're currency in Narnia.

What an annoying thing to deal with, though. In my opinion, guests shouldn't even be able to leave reviews in the first place. 99.99% of other sites out there require you to register to leave reviews because obviously, stupid things like this happen otherwise. Otherwise why even bother having a ban option?
    I agree. I and a lot of people weren't happy with the site's decision to make disabling guest reviews impossible. It would help a LOT. I did get one with an actual account a little while ago, though. I looked on the account and it wasn't new, made in 2015, but it was ranting (on my MLP story of all things???) about me blocking their friend and how they were then going to block me. And well, that is the opposite of a problem. I did laugh at their "I'm going to unfollow and block you now!" threat though because I don't recall this person ever commenting on my stories. xD

Other than that, though, they've all been guests. All ranting about how I'm a horrible author because my ten-year-old main character values life.

Senior Administrator

I agree. I and a lot of people weren't happy with the site's decision to make disabling guest reviews impossible. It would help a LOT. I did get one with an actual account a little while ago, though. I looked on the account and it wasn't new, made in 2015, but it was ranting (on my MLP story of all things???) about me blocking their friend and how they were then going to block me. And well, that is the opposite of a problem. I did laugh at their "I'm going to unfollow and block you now!" threat though because I don't recall this person ever commenting on my stories. xD

Other than that, though, they've all been guests. All ranting about how I'm a horrible author because my ten-year-old main character values life.
    It's such a dumb thing. Both YouTube and DeviantArt have it where the author/poster can disable comments. I'm sure plenty of other sites have something similar.

And that's too funny. "Oh noes, they're gunna block me and I won't be able to hear from them again!! I'm going to miss their whiny drama queen antics sooo much! Wahhhhh!" Stupidity truly is the eighth deadly sin. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    It's such a dumb thing. Both YouTube and DeviantArt have it where the author/poster can disable comments. I'm sure plenty of other sites have something similar.

And that's too funny. "Oh noes, they're gunna block me and I won't be able to hear from them again!! I'm going to miss their whiny drama queen antics sooo much! Wahhhhh!" Stupidity truly is the eighth deadly sin. XD
    It really is. I don't know why fanfiction changed it.

Ahahaha, I know right? I really wish all these people would just block me, since they seem to hate me so much.

Administrator

Sometimes people make it their goal to try and drag other people down. It's not right. I wish there were something we can do about it, but in hard times. Look to friends for comfort in the REAL truth. Not some negative Nancy's.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Sometimes people make it their goal to try and drag other people down. It's not right. I wish there were something we can do about it, but in hard times. Look to friends for comfort in the REAL truth. Not some negative Nancy's.
    Yeah, I agree. I think the reason this is getting to me is that I know it all comes from that one person (Sally) who I'm pretty sure has this weird desire (heck, it seems like obsession at times) to control me. And lashes out when she can't. These weird rude comments on my story are only the tip of the iceberg and I know there's much worse going on under the surface. I'm not going to give in, but I just wish there was some way to break her weird fixation on me.

Sorry for another rant about this but I need to shout into the void if nothing else.

Sally and her stupid friends (I'm sure it's them) are at it again, this time targeting two of my stories (but the second story was for the same fandom, so I KNOW it's still them). They were too cowardly to comment with an account so I just deleted the messages, but I'm just...so frustrated. Why are they still so hatefully obsessed with me and my story? This has gone on for months, you think they would get bored just repeating the same things over and over. But they aren't...and honestly that's kind of creeping me out.

Senior Administrator

Sorry for another rant about this but I need to shout into the void if nothing else.

Sally and her stupid friends (I'm sure it's them) are at it again, this time targeting two of my stories (but the second story was for the same fandom, so I KNOW it's still them). They were too cowardly to comment with an account so I just deleted the messages, but I'm just...so frustrated. Why are they still so hatefully obsessed with me and my story? This has gone on for months, you think they would get bored just repeating the same things over and over. But they aren't...and honestly that's kind of creeping me out.
    Yeah, Sally is definitely screwed up in the head. Classic case of cyber bullying.

Still don't understand why fafiction.net doesn't allow the option to delete and fully disable all guest messages. You think they would see something like this and the site stuff would grow a brain cell and say "ohhh yeah, I had a feeling we forgot to add a feature! Maybe we should add that!"

While I have a feeling there's a chance you tried this already, if you click on Help at the bottom, it seems like there's a support email ([email protected]) you could use to conact them. Just be sure to add the [Abuse] tag in the email title, request for all guest messages to be deleted, request them to be disabled, and let them know this has been going on for months.