Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Sorry for another rant about this but I need to shout into the void if nothing else.

Sally and her stupid friends (I'm sure it's them) are at it again, this time targeting two of my stories (but the second story was for the same fandom, so I KNOW it's still them). They were too cowardly to comment with an account so I just deleted the messages, but I'm just...so frustrated. Why are they still so hatefully obsessed with me and my story? This has gone on for months, you think they would get bored just repeating the same things over and over. But they aren't...and honestly that's kind of creeping me out.
    No worries at all. That's what this thread is for as with blogs. To help bring up daily topics just to get things out. We can't always just hold it all back inside. It'll just make us all want to explode eventually.

Sally definitely doesn't sound right in the mind of things. Just a little more than messed up. She doesn't know when to really "let it go."

Some reason they must think they can get back at you by attacking you mentally. Knowing there's something you care about and just trying push it down. All while TRYING to make you feel bad and hate yourself for it. Don't fall for their mind games. Play smarter than that. Like with what Neo said and trying to contact the fan fiction.net support on it. Letting them know it's a type of harassment you've been getting for some time now. They should be able to honor it somehow to help prevent it from happening like it is.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, Sally is definitely screwed up in the head. Classic case of cyber bullying.

Still don't understand why fafiction.net doesn't allow the option to delete and fully disable all guest messages. You think they would see something like this and the site stuff would grow a brain cell and say "ohhh yeah, I had a feeling we forgot to add a feature! Maybe we should add that!"

While I have a feeling there's a chance you tried this already, if you click on Help at the bottom, it seems like there's a support email ([email protected]) you could use to conact them. Just be sure to add the [Abuse] tag in the email title, request for all guest messages to be deleted, request them to be disabled, and let them know this has been going on for months.
    They used to have that option, back in like 2012 and before, but removed it for whatever stupid reason. It's ridiculous.

Sadly a lot of people have done that and the mods of Fanfiction.net just...don't do anything. It's incredibly poorly run. I don't know if there's anything I can do about it, but I don't want to delete my stories as that's just what they want me to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    No worries at all. That's what this thread is for as with blogs. To help bring up daily topics just to get things out. We can't always just hold it all back inside. It'll just make us all want to explode eventually.

Sally definitely doesn't sound right in the mind of things. Just a little more than messed up. She doesn't know when to really "let it go."

Some reason they must think they can get back at you by attacking you mentally. Knowing there's something you care about and just trying push it down. All while TRYING to make you feel bad and hate yourself for it. Don't fall for their mind games. Play smarter than that. Like with what Neo said and trying to contact the fan fiction.net support on it. Letting them know it's a type of harassment you've been getting for some time now. They should be able to honor it somehow to help prevent it from happening like it is.
    I'm glad you guys understand. I don't really have anyone else to talk to and I'm getting really creeped out.

Yeah, she really doesn't. I think that's what scares me most. The level of obsession. (This isn't even close to the other things Sally has done). For me, having obsessions is a positive thing that leads to all sorts of creativity. It seems like for her, they can, well...lead to stuff like this. For whatever reason, Sally has decided that I am the source of all her problems, and I honestly think (based on her actions and stuff she's said (long story)) that she wants to control me, and is furious that she can't.

I've thought about asking people what I can do on the Fanfiction Reddit (I'm there a lot, and most people are super nice), because a lot of people there have experience trying to get the Fanfiction.net people to do what they're supposed to. Other than that, not sure what I can do.

Thanks you guys for understanding this stuff though! This whole thing has been the result of literal years of stress (since late 2013) and I'm glad I can talk about it with someone.

3. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It's been like a perpetual thing since I came back to school. I have like no sense of passage of time. I can't believe it's only been six weeks since the stress of everything has made it a lot longer. It's starting to ease up some but only because I have three midterms over the next week and a half. Yay.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

It has been 5 months since I've wrapped up college and job hunting has not shown any signs of bearing fruit. I'd say 80% of the places I apply to never even call/email back saying "Thanks for applying, we aren't interested." Just radio silence. I've had 1 interview where they let me know I didn't get the job. Why is it socially acceptable to just ignore applicants? At least let me know I'm off the list!

I know I'll find something but it's sometimes really hard to stay positive when there's constant radio silence and no offers.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiro View Post
    It has been 5 months since I've wrapped up college and job hunting has not shown any signs of bearing fruit. I'd say 80% of the places I apply to never even call/email back saying "Thanks for applying, we aren't interested." Just radio silence. I've had 1 interview where they let me know I didn't get the job. Why is it socially acceptable to just ignore applicants? At least let me know I'm off the list!

I know I'll find something but it's sometimes really hard to stay positive when there's constant radio silence and no offers.
    Job searching sucks. Take it from a guy who has had to do that numerous times and was unemployed for over a year in some cases. Just keep trying and don't give up. Most places aren't going to let you know if they're interested, so submit and move on to the next. It's just one of those things that takes time and dedication.

7. This post has been liked by:

Sojiro 

Not today, but Thursday. Just a disaster of a day.

Essentially I started this new job at the start of August as a contracted helping hand, and about a month in, management was like: "the VIC team handles four states; wanna handle three of them by yourself?" and I just was sort of like "ajiofniug I guess?" Complete deep-end and learned how to do everything on the fly. I work way over my contracted hours because I don't want excess work to fall onto my team, and also don't want to fall behind. I liaise with a few third-party companies we work through and have to be in constant contact while also being in contact with customers and trying to organise deliveries, etc. Without going into too much detail, it's just...a lot. I've constantly had anxiety stomach and it's breaking me down bit by bit... lol. I've had help here and there, but we just do not have the staff, and headcount approval is so damn tough to get. As a result my whole team is under so much stress, and nobody has the capacity to be constantly helping me with coordinating three freaking states because the volume is less than VIC.

On Thursday basically everything went wrong, I felt like it was my fault because I was juggling three-billion things, and it just all became too much. I left the house at 7am and got home after 9pm, and like huddled in a corner and cried for half an hour, just entirely overwhelmed and stressed. xD Then like attempted to eat and got like two spoonfuls in, then went to bed. I came into work Friday and cried a bit, but then we had a team huddle and worked things out, and now my immediate problem is solved (at a compromise) and this coming week is gonna put everything to the test. Constantly angry customers, leaning on people for support, pushing our third-party companies while being like "I'm really sorry" and running out of energy very quickly. My stomach has been in knots and I don't know when this will stop. Volume-wise, it should cool down in about a week before it'll ramp back up towards the end of November, but I know that's wishful thinking. We just need more people and it feels like my small team and I are holding the fort until backup arrives.

Bleeehhhh!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post

Essentially I started this new job at the start of August as a contracted helping hand, and about a month in, management was like: "the VIC team handles four states; wanna handle three of them by yourself?" and I just was sort of like "ajiofniug I guess?" Complete deep-end and learned how to do everything on the fly. I work way over my contracted hours because I don't want excess work to fall onto my team, and also don't want to fall behind. I liaise with a few third-party companies we work through and have to be in constant contact while also being in contact with customers and trying to organise deliveries, etc. Without going into too much detail, it's just...a lot. I've constantly had anxiety stomach and it's breaking me down bit by bit... lol. I've had help here and there, but we just do not have the staff, and headcount approval is so damn tough to get. As a result my whole team is under so much stress, and nobody has the capacity to be constantly helping me with coordinating three freaking states because the volume is less than VIC.

On Thursday basically everything went wrong, I felt like it was my fault because I was juggling three-billion things, and it just all became too much. I left the house at 7am and got home after 9pm, and like huddled in a corner and cried for half an hour, just entirely overwhelmed and stressed. xD Then like attempted to eat and got like two spoonfuls in, then went to bed. I came into work Friday and cried a bit, but then we had a team huddle and worked things out, and now my immediate problem is solved (at a compromise) and this coming week is gonna put everything to the test. Constantly angry customers, leaning on people for support, pushing our third-party companies while being like "I'm really sorry" and running out of energy very quickly. My stomach has been in knots and I don't know when this will stop. Volume-wise, it should cool down in about a week before it'll ramp back up towards the end of November, but I know that's wishful thinking. We just need more people and it feels like my small team and I are holding the fort until backup arrives.

Bleeehhhh!
    Hooooly crap.

PLEASE don't take this job too much to heart, because it sounds like it's now taking both a heavy toll on your physical and mental health. Trust me when I say no job is worth killing yourself over. I've had HORRIBLE jobs and there was one that was so bad I just tossed in a two week notice and said to hell with it without having another job lined up. Only took me a short while to find another one that was better.

From what I learned, if a job gets that bad and you don't even care if you lose it anymore, just coast. Do the bare minimum to get by and start the search for something better. If the company takes a hit for it because not everyone is operating at like 150% and going into full gung-ho stress freak out mode, that's THEIR bad for not getting enough people and not preparing in advance for high-activity scenarios. If they complain and they scream, just shrug.

The ULTIMATE WORST they can do is, poof, they just let you go and you get on the computer to search for something new and better. And I have been there PLENTY of times. When you go through it as many times as I have, you realize getting let go just means it's essentially an opportunity to turn over a new leaf and get something else that's hopefully better. It's really just keeping your finances under control that becomes a challenge. And you know, it honestly may not have anything to do with the company. I've had two different jobs with Pfizer. One was ABYSMAL and only lasted for like two weeks because the manager was a total pretentious snotcake and was clueless about how to actually onboard anyone (the guy before me lasted less than a month as well). And then I got another job with Pfizer, totally different department and manager, and that one was great! They only let me go because the contract had gotten the maximum number of extensions and they couldn't extend it any further. Meanwhile, the work made sense, I was properly and adequately trained, and my manager and coworkers were great and respectful. What a difference!

But really, if it has gotten this bad, you need to take action. You need to put your foot down and say "hey, I'm willing to do this and this for you guys, but NOT this to the point where I'm coming home way too late and emotionally and physically crushed." If they're understanding, they'll find a way to compromise and make it work. If they give you an attitude about it, then they're jerks and it just isn't meant to be. At this point, it's worth a shot and I think you badly need it. It may seem apparent that they need more people. They should have gotten them before things got this bad. What would they do if you had kids and had to pick them up from school? Or if you were taking care of a sick parent? Or if you had a night job that you needed to go to?

Go by what your contract says. If your contract says 40 hours, only do 40 hours and use the terms and conditions stated in that in your defense. If they're breaking the terms and conditions, they're the ones totally in the wrong and legally you're not obligated to adhere to those. But if you ask me, their expectations and demands are getting way too out of control and it's like now they've become dependent on a skeleton crew of peeps to kill themselves over this job and their situation because they didn't adequately prepare.

But please, you're a great person and it sucks to hear you're going through this. But you NEED to take care of yourself too and if you feel this is hurting you too much on both a physical and mental level, you've got to address it as soon as you can. Like I said, you can be fair, you can go by what the contract originally stated. But only take on as much as you can handle, nothing more. It's totally okay to say "I'm sorry, I just can't do that." And in this situation, I think you need to do that.

10. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post

Bleeehhhh!
    Seriously Xanthe. You're way too nice to be out through so much trouble like that. Work shouldn't be pushing you to the point you feel the need to cry even a little. Some jobs are crazy task heavy and rely on certain people handling so many tasks at once. It's silly to think someone can mentally do it all.

Please remember to take time to yourself and enjoy down time while you can. Set some time to chill with good friends and good company. Heck you know right where to find it if you need a quick pick me up too. We're always here for you and the rest of the community. I'm happy to call you all friends and I'd always be here for any of you if you need it. As I'm sure the rest of us are.

Certain things may seem good about the job, but if things get out of control and out of hand. Don't hesitate to let them know. I learned that the hard way....

Sometimes people are just awful and out to cause trouble. It can be hard, but try to remember to smile it through. Once you make it through it's a HUGE stress reliever no doubts about it. Even better is knowing you succeeded and got stronger because of it. I mean it's great to hear you got a new job and enjoy it, but if it comes at the cost of your mental health it's not worth it I'd say. Always be on the lookout for something better. That's something I'll be focusing on after these next 4 days.

Anyway yes, please Xanthe. Take care of yourself okay? Don't wanna see your awesome self get way in over your head and lose yourself. We're always here for you!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Don't really know why, I am just super discouraged today. Not even about my stories or anything. Just like...kind of everything. I don't know.

Okay, just one more rant today. (This is not about anyone on PXR, so Noble if you read this, I definitely do NOT mean you, I'm excited about our collab! 8D)

I've been working really hard on artwork for friends recently, and kind of got overwhelmed. It wasn't a big deal though, I finished them. But now two other people are asking for art and it's kind of making me down for weird reasons?

Like, these people are 100% nice about it, not demanding or anything, and they're willing to pay me for anything that's not a collab/art trade, so I don't think they're doing anything wrong or bad at all. I'm absolutely not blaming them or anything.

It just kind of feels (not intentionally on their part, I know) that they just come to me to say "Hey, art person! Make some art!" Normally I wouldn't mind but it's kinda all anyone outside of PXR has talked about with me in a long time and it feels like no one wants to just hang out with me. Like I'd love to talk about stories and characters and fandoms but no one wants to spend time on me. Just "make some more art." I know that's not how they really think but it's just...the only interactions I've been getting from them and it feels bad.