Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    My mother is currently in the hospital. We don't know what's wrong with her, but she got gradually weaker all yesterday, until she physically couldn't move, or even speak coherently. My sister and I had to spend two hours holding her up on the toilet seat where she'd half collasped so she didn't hit her head on anything. Half the time she seemed like she didn't know where she was or who we even were.
    The ambulance we called got lost twice and took an hour and a hlaf to arrive, and then needed to take longer because they couldn't move her to the ambulance withoout a wheelchair... By the time she got going it was past midnight.

Now my dad's with her in the hospital and I have no idea what's happening and I'm so scared...
    That sounds terrifying! And really upsetting, not having emergency services arrive promptly.
    Do you have a lot you need to do while you wait for answers- like, can you take time off to be with family and feel supported and talk to them, or be with your dad at the hospital? It's horrible to be in suspense and powerless and then have to go to work or be away from support!

If you wanna talk about it here- does she have any serious pre-existing medical stuff going on?

I hope it turns out the best it possibly can, and things get identified and sorted out quickly!

((For me, yesterday was a terrible day because it started with standing in the rain cleaning a pool for two hours, I backed the work truck into a tree, yelled at customers, and had to work for 14 hours straight))

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

My mother is currently in the hospital. We don't know what's wrong with her, but she got gradually weaker all yesterday, until she physically couldn't move, or even speak coherently. My sister and I had to spend two hours holding her up on the toilet seat where she'd half collasped so she didn't hit her head on anything. Half the time she seemed like she didn't know where she was or who we even were.
    The ambulance we called got lost twice and took an hour and a hlaf to arrive, and then needed to take longer because they couldn't move her to the ambulance withoout a wheelchair... By the time she got going it was past midnight.

Now my dad's with her in the hospital and I have no idea what's happening and I'm so scared...
    Meh, that's horrible, but try to spend as much time with her as you can. I can't believe it took that long for an ambulance to arrive, though. Don't most people have access to a GPS now? I would like to think ambulances do.

I hope they quickly figure out what went wrong and they have something to address it.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar

I'm so sorry to hear that... that's gotta be heart-stopping. Let us know when you have updates. :[

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    So, as of today my mother's being moved out of the intensive care. Yesterday she was fully awake again, but can't anything from that night until now, and has no recollection of being taken to the hospital. Otherwise she's almost back to normal.

The doctors say she had undiagnosed diabetes that caused ketoacidosis. Apparently her blood was more acid than blood when she was brought in, but they managed to bring it back down to normal thankfully.

On the other hand, I had to spend most of yesterday routing through all my logins changing and that used my @tiscali email to a different one, as they are shutting it down today. So that was fun. >_<

Senior Administrator

So, as of today my mother's being moved out of the intensive care. Yesterday she was fully awake again, but can't anything from that night until now, and has no recollection of being taken to the hospital. Otherwise she's almost back to normal.

The doctors say she had undiagnosed diabetes that caused ketoacidosis. Apparently her blood was more acid than blood when she was brought in, but they managed to bring it back down to normal thankfully.

On the other hand, I had to spend most of yesterday routing through all my logins changing and that used my @tiscali email to a different one, as they are shutting it down today. So that was fun. >_<
    I'm really glad it wasn't a stroke or a brain aneurysm. For a minute it sounded something like that.

I'm hoping she can make a full recovery before the holidays.

Glad to hear that. I was really scared for you.

My Links

So my co-workers found my profile with my preferred name online, and they were asking me some questions about it a week ago in a kind of malicious way. I'm a little scared because I just accepted a full-time position there and I don't want to be harassed about it, which I'm afraid of happening. I'd also rather not lose the job, because I'm trying to rent a place and move out ASAP.

I figured this might happen at some point, but it still stinks.

My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    So my co-workers found my profile with my preferred name online, and they were asking me some questions about it a week ago in a kind of malicious way. I'm a little scared because I just accepted a full-time position there and I don't want to be harassed about it, which I'm afraid of happening. I'd also rather not lose the job, because I'm trying to rent a place and move out ASAP.

I figured this might happen at some point, but it still stinks.
    Just be honest, open, and transparent about it. I find the more you appear to be hiding something, the more pesky people try to pry into it to dig up dirty leverage on you. But if you openly reveal it and act like you've got nothing to hide and you're happy to share some info about it, suddenly the appeal of probing at it dissolves because there's nothing secret about it for them to try and dig up anymore.

I mean if someone at work were to ask me about my Emolga alias, I'd be happy to share the details and let them know what kind of Pokemon Emolga is and all that good stuff. But if I were to say "hey, that's private, lay off!" then I know they'll dig around some more because they think they'll find something dirty or private that they'll think is funny or blackmail me with it. I could be like "oh yeah, Neo Emolga, that's my usual screen name online for games and such. Yeah, Emolga is a flying and electric Pokemon based on a flying squirrel. I like the little dude so what's why I have that."

You don't have to reveal everything, just casually and nonchalantly reveal the basics as a touch and go discussion point and move along.

9. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm with Neo. If you act like it's not that big of a deal and just reveal what you're willing to, most people won't bug you any further about it. I've found that it's best to be open and honest about these kinds of things. The more you try to hide things, the more people will pry.

I still get a bit antsy when people find out that I'm totally into anime and Pokémon, because I don't really have anyone around me who is, but that doesn't mean that I'm not willing to share it with others and be open about what I like. I like what I like and I am who I am. I won't be ashamed of that. And you shouldn't be ashamed of anything either. :3

If you just want to reveal a little, that's fine. But it's a good thing to open up to others because, hopefully, they'll open up to you as well. And yeah, that goes for even those not so great people.

11. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Okay so...today wasn't the terrible day but two weeks ago I ended up in the hospital with what turned out to be a kidney stone I had to have surgery for. Which is why I've been missing the past while. I had ended up in the ER a bit before that (but they didn't run any tests...) which is why I ended up missing the Secret Santa event. Hopefully next year. DX