Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    So anyone can take anyone's mission? I was under the impression that if I started the mission I had to finish it.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    So anyone can take anyone's mission? I was under the impression that if I started the mission I had to finish it.
    Nah, one person could start the mission while the another finishes it, but if you want to be the one who finishes it, you could mention to the rest of the team that you want to claim that mission for yourself.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Nah, one person could start the mission while the another finishes it, but if you want to be the one who finishes it, you could mention to the rest of the team that you want to claim that mission for yourself.
    This is true. Was just wondering. Thanks!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The description for modest and intimidating is very vague. If any, which of the two is least / most desirable, and how do they differ from each other in terms of what kind of response you receive?

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    The description for modest and intimidating is very vague. If any, which of the two is least / most desirable, and how do they differ from each other in terms of what kind of response you receive?
    It's sort of meant to be intentionally vague but I'd be happy to update it so it's more clear. :]

So Modesty is gained from being weak to whoever you're interviewing. Their reactions ALL depend on their personalities, so you'll be going in blind anyway unless you use Investigate on them and know all their details first. Some pokemon (like Abgrew) like Modesty because they aren't threatened by you, and they would see it as you being nice or approachable. However, some pokemon might see this as weak, sort of like a 'weakling' walking up to a bully, if you get what I mean.

Intimidation is when you are strong against whoever you're interviewing. Their reactions might be negative, because they're threatened by you, or they might become scared of you and spill everything they know. Or, they might see your intimidation as courageous and think you're brave for coming up to them (bully coming up to bully, for example).

It's safe to assume that most pokemon like modesty, because you're not being threatening, but intimidation could make them fear you or they could be offended that you had the audacity to approach them using intimidation tactics. For Giphlin, she probably would have reacted more aggressively if whoever approached her was modest, because she felt like she could walk all over them. She refrained from snapping at Felix because he was a little bit intimidating. She didn't want to upset him and risk injury, for instance, so although he maintained her uppity attitude, she kept it pretty tame.

I hope that helps. ^^; Basically, it's a gamble. Having the same type and having a positive rapport is the best way to go, but you might achieve different results depending on modesty/intimidation. It means that even if you don't share a type with the person you're interviewing, having modesty with the right NPC could be akin to have a positive rapport, while having an intimidating effect could do the same. On the flip side, both modesty and intimidation could act as a something akin to a negative rapport, but it all depends on the NPC and their personality!

6. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    It's sort of meant to be intentionally vague but I'd be happy to update it so it's more clear. :]

So Modesty is gained from being weak to whoever you're interviewing. Their reactions ALL depend on their personalities, so you'll be going in blind anyway unless you use Investigate on them and know all their details first. Some pokemon (like Abgrew) like Modesty because they aren't threatened by you, and they would see it as you being nice or approachable. However, some pokemon might see this as weak, sort of like a 'weakling' walking up to a bully, if you get what I mean.

Intimidation is when you are strong against whoever you're interviewing. Their reactions might be negative, because they're threatened by you, or they might become scared of you and spill everything they know. Or, they might see your intimidation as courageous and think you're brave for coming up to them (bully coming up to bully, for example).

It's safe to assume that most pokemon like modesty, because you're not being threatening, but intimidation could make them fear you or they could be offended that you had the audacity to approach them using intimidation tactics. For Giphlin, she probably would have reacted more aggressively if whoever approached her was modest, because she felt like she could walk all over them. She refrained from snapping at Felix because he was a little bit intimidating. She didn't want to upset him and risk injury, for instance, so although he maintained her uppity attitude, she kept it pretty tame.

I hope that helps. ^^; Basically, it's a gamble. Having the same type and having a positive rapport is the best way to go, but you might achieve different results depending on modesty/intimidation. It means that even if you don't share a type with the person you're interviewing, having modesty with the right NPC could be akin to have a positive rapport, while having an intimidating effect could do the same. On the flip side, both modesty and intimidation could act as a something akin to a negative rapport, but it all depends on the NPC and their personality!
    That is a HUGE help, actually! Thank you! <3

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

8. This post has been liked by:

That is a HUGE help, actually! Thank you! <3
    You're very welcome, wonderful! :D <3

Question! So in regard to "Mission Disclosure," could one of you give us a couple of brief examples of what kinds of things we can do that can increase this counter? Is it anything other than just...leaking the wrong info to the wrong Pokemon? Is there a chance for other Pokemon to overhear on our conversation with another resident?

And if it WERE to increase by doing just that, wouldn't you guys say that's a pretty easy way to track down who's a Stalker?

------------

Question! So in regard to "Mission Disclosure," could one of you give us a couple of brief examples of what kinds of things we can do that can increase this counter? Is it anything other than just...leaking the wrong info to the wrong Pokemon? Is there a chance for other Pokemon to overhear on our conversation with another resident?

And if it WERE to increase by doing just that, wouldn't you guys say that's a pretty easy way to track down who's a Stalker?
    This is more of a secret than anything else. ;] Mission Disclosure will occur if one of you gets captured by a Stalker, and it's not the only way for them to find information, but that's all I can say about it right now. That's also where Rescue/Escape comes in. And no, mission disclosure has no bearing on your ability to identify any of the Stalkers. They know they can't kill you, so they're going to be extra careful at hiding who they are when they capture you. And no, leaking the wrong info to the wrong pokemon won't do it. I mean, maybe if you publicly announce all your findings to the whole city. XD But that's not really a possible action so no need to worry about that.

12. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Would it violate the spirit of the game to throw a "meta speculation" thread out there? Like, something that says "we know XYZ happened last time, so it will may have been changed for this game"? For instance, IIRC the police force was all clean last time, so I'm not sure it will be all clean again this time. I'm not even sure I'm gonna, but it would be pretty fourth-wall breaking, which is why I'm asking. XD

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.