Olea's journal of seemingly-important...things.

- - -
    - - -
    - - -

Notes by Olea

---

Ugh, this city is just...huge. It's going to take forever to find everything we need in time. Will we make it? There's only so many of us.

---

NOTES OF INTEREST

INTERVIEWS
    Shmaz the Sneasel: Says weird "artifact things" have been appearing in town.

Pormalu the Arcanine: His wife gave me a dirty look for some reason, but I found out some really useful info here. Got a couple of documents (that I'll reference below) from him; an e-mail sent by a former cop named Satia, killed by a Stalker; some phone records; and a really good tip. He supposedly knows of a witness to Philter's crimes, and there's supposedly security footage on the second floor of the Javelin Manufacturing Plant. I need to go and track it down; but I must act urgently and quietly. We don't need any stalkers on our tails, especially with a clue as supposedly big as this one. If I find out who the witness was, someone needs to protect them for the night at all costs. At LEAST until we can get some information from them.

Pasco the Jigglypuff: Says she saw something weird at the "You Remembered!" in the Superplex Shopping Center East. Some kind of red gem was on display there; I think I or someone else with good persuasion skills need to go check that out soon. Maybe I can talk the shopkeeper into handing it over...I feel like it's important for some reason. I wonder if it goes in that Lanturn statue?
    Addendum: Velo has volunteered to go investigate. She found out that the object was, or seemed, to be some kind of holy artifact.

Giphlin the Xatu: Pretty stuck-up, if you ask me. Either way, I or someone else needs to try to sweet-talk her into handing over that strange artifact she's so fond of. At least until we find out if it can help our case.

Wador the Lairon: Says there's some monument / statue at the back of the Seventy-One Manufacturing building. That doesn't sound quite right...someone really ought to investigate this.
    Addendum: Lita went to check it out. The results were nothing short of almost Lovecraftian cliches. Except...without all the eldritch, cosmic horror stuff. Y'know. And the keyholes are...instruments? Uh, okay. That's more bizarre than anything else....

Brenne the Honchkrow: Looks like Velo found someone to teach us how to protect our teammates! Nicely done, Velo.

Fern the Illumise: Eddie talked to Fern and she asked us to lend her a hand with finding 10 different security data modules around the city. Cool! This could REALLY help our case to find more video evidence...even if it is from ****ty CCTV cams. Something is better than nothing.

SEARCHES
    Shalerich Apartment Building: strange murals drawn on the walls that show Pokemon (Beedrill, Girafarig, Patrat) being strangled by vines. Most likely destroyed or at least smudged by Ciel during investigation. There's also a box in the corner of the room that won't budge.

Sharley Estate: Weird sigil found outside in a patch of flowers. Seems to put those around it in some sort of trance.

Silverbay Coast: Statue shaped like a Lanturn's head. Innocent enough, except there's some really questionable markings on it. Words that say "Shrine of Perpetual Suffering" above the mouth. Statue has 10 key slots or something around it. Some really disturbing cries for help could be heard here that gave Tazz a really killer headache.

Silvercoal City Police Station: Some big reinforced locked door here. Won't budge, and doesn't seem to have any keyholes. Are the police covering something up? Or is it an extra security measure, like a vault, so that the Stalkers can't catch onto what they're finding out?

Sunspot Apartment Tower, 31F - 40F: There seems to be a Pokemon trapped in a locker here. We really need a Fighting-type or someone that can pick locks really well to look into it...literally.

Black Rose Funeral Home: Look, another one! Looks like Marrow found out who the instructor is to teach us how to investigate other Pokemon thoroughly. You rock, Marrow! No...pun intended. At all. Yuck.

Sea Wish Tower, 1F - 10F: Marta the Buizel found an odd door with a portrayal of a Charizard skull. Creepy. Wonder what it's for? Probably has something to do with one of our beloved Stalkers.

Runner Chemical Plant, 1F - 7F: Kames the Lampent found another cryptic and odd door that most likely held unspeakable secrets behind its heavy metal plating. He was able to fix the door a little bit, but some things were unfixable. Seemed to be recently-used...I'm 99% sure behind it is some kind of chamber room that one of the Stalkers uses for their ungodly deeds or "trophy" hoard. I shudder thinking about it. Looks like we need some spare parts if we want to find out.

Javelin Manufacturing Plant (2F): Found the camera, but I don't have the skills to access the footage. I should have known! That's what I get for being too "gung-ho" about things and taking things into my own hands that I can't deal with.

Silvercoal City Library (7F - 9F): Thanks to Carly and another Pokemon whose name escapes me, the whole library has been searched. Carly found some kind of weird coin that is really similar to what I've heard about Aryia and Serenity Town.

Seawish Tower: Weird Sudoku puzzle found here that has "minutes" and "hours" marked in certain boxes. Upon solving the puzzle, it became clear that the "hours" was 8, while the "minutes" was 52. What could this mean?

Greendash Park (Picnic Area): Felix found another corrupted, dark artifact...except this one seems to be way more dangerous than most we've found. Let's just say that, apparently, it REALLY ****s with your mind. Must be called a "Holocaust Ring" for a good reason. Probably also good that it was hidden out of sight and out of mind of any other Pokemon....

Innocuous Investigations: Found out that Lora the Kirlia works here. Laura mentioned something about there maybe being black roses outside the building...which is kinda funny, really, since we found one of Lora's pamphlets in the "Black Rose Funeral Home." Not really suspicious, just kinda interesting.

Silvercoal City Metro Station West: Pixel found a really twisted shrine here, probably praising some kind of unfathomable hellspawn. "Doom demands the sanction of the Executioner, Infernal Judge, and the Butcher, or there will be NO YIELDING ON MY BEHALF." What could this mean? Best to be careful if anyone else goes to investigate it, because it looks like Pixel got a pretty nasty burn. Which is...really odd to say, given that Porygon-Z are totally synthetic. Are these names or titles supposed to allude to some of the other Stalkers? Their names almost sound too straightforward to be the ACTUAL names of the Enthrallers.

Superplex Shopping Center East (5F - 6F): Velo found that weird item that Pasco mentioned. I think it might have to do with that exorcism ritual we found out about when that Litwick gave us that torn-up Codex. Sadly, though, it's wired to a security system. Someone ought to look into disarming this thing.

Good As New Repair Shop: So remember when I mentioned that reinforced door earlier, and how it needed a couple of pieces to be fixable? I think Sarah found one of the pieces here. Sweet! The Spare Valvo Tire, to be specific. Also, I think we found out two Pokemon that we can enlist the help of if we ever need something fixed that we pick up. Their names are Turbo and Spimmley.
    But, uh...why do we need a spare tire to fix a door? That makes no sense to me.

PUZZLES AND PHYSICAL CLUES
    =Library Braile Note= (DECODED!)

E-mail from Satia to Pormalu. Evidently the Stalkers didn't like the fact that she was visibly onto them, because she was apparently killed shortly after this message was sent.

Phone records. I'm not sure how we can use these yet, but I know we can...somehow. Need to keep this safe.

=Codex Pages= (SOLVED! DECODED!)

=ZEKETH Brand Maze=. (SOLVED!) What could this even indicate? So weird, so cryptic. Almost reminds me of something I dreamt about one time...about trying to find my way into the center of a creepy maze, except from top-down like this one. What lay in the center was something...unspeakable. Intangible. Unimaginable. Lovecraftian, even. (OOC: No joke, I've had a couple of dreams like that...really weird. This maze really made me think of that, especially with that glowing center.)

=Positioning Sudoku Puzzle= (SOLVED!) Hours: 8. Minutes: 52. What could this mean? Tazz thinks it might have something to do with the phone records recovered from Pormalu earlier.

THE STALKERS
    Oblivion: Unknown. I don't even know if this is their name.
    Philter: Kills by implanting some kind of all-consuming plant in the victim's brain that sprouts and slowly and painfully grows inside the Pokemon's cranium. How do they even get that in there in the first place???
    ???: Kills by suffocation? As of now, this is only speculation.

LIST OF KNOWN VICTIMS
    Satia the Manectric: Killed by Philter.
    Nuco the Aron / Lairon / Aggron: Killed by an unnamed Stalker.

LIST OF SUSPICIOUS POKEMON
    Wador the Lairon: Thanks to Aurimas for pointing this out...how he worded one thing is a little questionable. It's easy to miss: he mentioned how "he never meant to hurt anyone." He seems to be incredibly grief-stricken. Is he feeling guilty because an Enthraller promised him something and turned him into a killing machine? Did he have to kill his own brother? Or is he just stressed and grieving the loss of his sibling and isn't thinking clearly?

Udipheign the Drifblim: I found what he mentioned to be a little cryptic, too, but to be completely honest it just seems like he's a...strange character in general. Though the whole "avoiding eye contact with everyone" bit is pretty suspicious. I understand why he was hesitant to reveal any information: he might know more than he should and is afraid that the Stalkers could be on his...ribbons at any moment. After all, absolutely NO ONE knows who's a Stalker, especially not in a city this big. It could be your best friend that's going around and brutally strangling other Pokemon to death for god's sake! You have to be wary if you want to look into what's going on, especially if you're not an Emissary. But..."the hour will be soon upon us"? That seems a little peculiar. Does he mean the night hour--as in he's afraid for his own life--or is he worried about revealing his Stalker identity in the broad of daylight?
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 02-26-2017 at 04:06 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------