Thread: Pokémon Sun & Moon Switch Edition

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Pokémon Sun & Moon Switch Edition

If Pokémon Sun & Moon came to the Nintendo Switch, potentially as the rumoured Pokémon Stars, how would you feel? Would you be glad to see Alola brought to life in HD without the performance problems that could occur on the 3DS, or would you prefer a new generation starting on the new console?

Personally, I'd be thrilled to see Alola on the Switch; I loved Sun & Moon, and seeing a third edition that also has much better performance and graphics would be astounding. Hopefully loading times between maps wouldn't be too much of a problem either, as Breath of the Wild already showed us that large worlds can be handled by the Switch.

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

It would be cool but I'd hope they would add some stuff to it so it's not just the exact same game put on the Switch. Expand on the story, more to do after the E4 etc. Would be cool not to have stupid lag in double battles! :P
    GCEA

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

I'm with Sarah on that. There would be a loooooot they need to fix and/or add if it really does happen. Sun and Moon just really didn't hit the right was like the other games did in all honesty. Either way I'm looking forward to the next game.....which just reminded me of the thread I needed to post xD. I'll make it tomorrow now haha

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

A switch game with more content or a sequel would be great. Vastly expanded graphics without lag would be ideal, I think! Might actually motivate me to buy a Switch.

|||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    It would be cool but I'd hope they would add some stuff to it so it's not just the exact same game put on the Switch. Expand on the story, more to do after the E4 etc. Would be cool not to have stupid lag in double battles! :P
    I agree, they'd need to make it a worthy purchase. I can imagine them doing something with the empty lots and fleshing them out into full areas, and the framerate would definitely need to be stabilised. In fact, the Switch may be able to handle Triple/Rotation Battles and Horde Battles, so they could be able to add those back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    A switch game with more content or a sequel would be great. Vastly expanded graphics without lag would be ideal, I think! Might actually motivate me to buy a Switch.
    If they announced a Sinnoh remake for the Switch Nintendo would be getting my money in advance. Sun and Moon would be great, but I wouldn't be as compelled to make the jump up. I'd certainly be tempted, though. :3

Spoiler:

how did i get like this Bulbasaur's Avatar

YOOOO I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA SAY THIS WAS A THING. >:[

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

I think that Sun/Moon (and possibly Stars if that rumor is true) would look amazing on the Switch.
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja [email protected]
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
    I think that Sun/Moon (and possibly Stars if that rumor is true) would look amazing on the Switch.
    Same here. Even when you see them on the emulator with the lines removed the games look that much better, so seeing them in true HD would be a sight to behold. It'd be the first console game with the traditional battling system since Battle Revolution as well, which would be quite interesting.

Spoiler: