Smile Johto Times has arrived!

Hello there Pokémon Crossroads community!

I'm Johto Times. I've heard great things about this community, and wanted to create an account here to meet other Pokémon fans just like myself. I used to visit the Pokémon Elite 2000 community when I was a kid, and I was blown away to learn that its community survived after its closure, and became Pokémon Crossroads!

I became a fan in 1999 when I first heard about the franchise from my classmates. In 2001 I got a Game Boy Color and a copy of Pokémon Blue, which I loved. A few months later, Pokémon Crystal released, and I was hooked. I have so many happy memories of the game, and used to play it often with my local friend.

Despite losing interest in the series towards the end of Generation 4, Pokémon continued to be a big part of my life, and that love and desire was resurrected in 2019, and i've been able to replay at least one of every mainline title through 2022 in the run-up to Pokémon Scarlet & Violet.

In 2023, I started a newsletter to pay homage to the past, sharing memories, opinions, collections, and even interviews with other fan communities (including PE2K), and even some special guests! I aim to preserve the memories of the past, while acknowledging the present and the future of Pokémon also.

I look forward to meeting members of this great community!

2. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Hey, glad to have you here!

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that pe2ks community become PXR? You're not the first to, years later, find out and sign up, and I always wonder where it was mentioned xD

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Welcome, @JohtoTimes! As had already been said, you are not the first member of the PE2K diaspora to find your way here years after the big switch!

I'd love to hear more about your newsletter! I think that is a great idea to strengthen the ties between fans old and new!
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Hey @JohtoTimes! Glad that things got fixed up and to see you here!

@desolate divine and @Kentucky Fried Torchic JT and I have been talking on Discord and Twitter. He found us there and been doing some great work. We featured his newsletter on the site a few months ago. https://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/ch...eview_id=65597
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Welcome to PXR, @JohtoTimes! It's great to see you on the forum after interacting with you on Discord! I hope you will have lots of fun here and keep sharing your newsletter with us. :D

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Quote Originally Posted by [Desolate Divine] View Post
    Hey, glad to have you here!

Out of curiosity, where did you hear that pe2ks community become PXR? You're not the first to, years later, find out and sign up, and I always wonder where it was mentioned xD
    Thanks for the welcome! I learned of PXR through Twitter, when I was researching the Pokémon community for my newsletter. I found Mikey, and then I learned that the place was created as a sort of PE2K successor, and I was blown away. I used to visit that site so much as a kid, and was even friends with the owner. I'm happy to say that this year I was able to reconnect and chat with him again after around twenty years, and it has really warmed my heart. I can't emphasise enough how happy it has made me.

Although I wasn't a regular on the forum, I used to visit PE2K near daily for the latest Pokémon news, it holds a very special place in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic View Post
    Welcome, @JohtoTimes! As had already been said, you are not the first member of the PE2K diaspora to find your way here years after the big switch!

I'd love to hear more about your newsletter! I think that is a great idea to strengthen the ties between fans old and new!
    Thanks for the welcome too! The newsletter is a sort of homage to the past, with a focus on the late 90s and early 2000s era of Pokémon. Every Thursday I publish a piece of content such as an opinion piece, memory, collection, or interview. I have actually been working my way through a lot of Pokémon fan communities, and tracking down original owners and trying to preserve their history so that fans of the present and the future can learn about them.

We did an interview with Chris Nicolella, the former Senior Game Producer at Tiger Electronics/Hasbro Toys who worked on the original Pokédex toy. Tomorrow, I will be publishing an interview with someone who worked on a Pokémon game, which I hope will reach a lot of people!

I have also recognised after twenty issues in (at the time of writing) that a goal of our newsletter can be to preserve the history of Pokémon and the memories we hold dearly. I have content written up to and beyond 2023, and I am already carefully planning my approach for 2024 so I know that i've got it in me to keep this up for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    Hey @JohtoTimes! Glad that things got fixed up and to see you here!

@desolate divine and @Kentucky Fried Torchic JT and I have been talking on Discord and Twitter. He found us there and been doing some great work. We featured his newsletter on the site a few months ago. https://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/ch...eview_id=65597
    I am genuinely thankful for your support. I hope you can acknowledge how much it means to write something like this, and have the support of a community connected to something I used to love visiting when I was a child. Even if you had the smallest following, I would hold this place in just as high regard. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your continued support!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Welcome to PXR, @JohtoTimes! It's great to see you on the forum after interacting with you on Discord! I hope you will have lots of fun here and keep sharing your newsletter with us. :D
    Thanks for your help in getting me on these forums Cleobel! I am thankful for the opportunity to share what I write with the community here, but most importantly to meet some people from the days of PE2K and chat about the past, as well as the present audience!
    Last edited by JohtoTimes; 06-28-2023 at 02:28 PM.
    Editor of the Johto Times newsletter https://johto.substack.com/about