Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel
    @LKWayvern Thank you for asking. I have also had some rough patches, and I am going through one right now.
    (About a month ago, I told our friend KFT that I was looking for a new home to rent, as you can see on the previous page of this thread. I still haven't found a place to rent. But that's not the only reason why I'm going through a rough patch.)
    I also wish there could be more activity on PXR again. And I agree with your opinion about forums : I too enjoy easily looking up old threads and not feeling pressured to reply immediately. However, I think instant messaging is very convenient in some situations (such as gaming nights). Therefore, I wish forums and Discord could coexist again : in my opinion, they serve different purposes.
    Seems we've all had our difficulties, huh? I do agree about Discord servers having their place--and I do believe that they were originally intended as a place to voicechat about games, so it only makes sense that they'd be really good when it comes to that purpose! I think they're also good when you need to ask a lot of questions and receive answers fairly quickly. For example, if you're in the midst of some sort of commission and want to ask clarifying questions to the commissioner, or send them updates on how progress is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic
    You've hit the nail on the head for me. I've found it intimidating to try and join a community and find that there are hundreds of unread messages between the start and the end of a work day in a large general chat. If you're looking for something specific, you have to hope that someone sees your message, has the information or link available, and that you see it too. Notably, I've seen the message flood occur in groups with members in the single digits. The compartmentalization of a forum is a very nice contrast to that.
    Yep yep, strong agree with this too. Intimidating is precisely the word. When this happens to often, I end up losing the will to try catching up at all, and just keep getting left out of the conversation.
    Not to mention, the inconvenience of how if you want to find out more info about a given subject, you need to actually go into the server and ask questions. With forums, it's all publicly available so you could perhaps find the information you want directly from a search engine, potentially. Which I quite like, since I'd feel weird about joining a server just to ask a question and then leave, but at the same time, I don't particularly like staying in servers that are too active, especially when I don't know anyone.
    I do agree with what Cleobel said above, though, with how forums and servers are good for different things--but in that same vein, using servers as a perfect replacement for forums...is not precisely a 'perfect solution' by any means. XD

2. This post has been liked by:

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Thanks KFT, I appreciate your support. :)

I'm glad your travelling went well! I'm sorry you came home to a dirty house and a full inbox.
    How come your house got dirty, if you don't mind me asking? Did you mean dusty?
    Good luck with your work and the rest of the summer!
    Well, it was more like it needed to be cleaned when I left, and it still needed to be cleaned when I came home. :X
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

4. This post has been liked by:

Pokemon Trainer
    I came here to stalk Kimmy a bit, but I guess he doesn't come around anymore. Man, it's been a while.

But ah, I see he's on discord. Definitely held his end of the "10 years" bargain with sharing his identity lol. Happy 107th birthday to him, or thereabout.
    Last edited by Dratini; 09-29-2023 at 11:28 PM.

The #1 Stalkers Fanatic C0L0R3D's Avatar
    OH SWEET GOSH. So apparently it takes curiosity to drag me back here after heck knows how long, even if the things I came here for aren't about these days. But here's to hopefully more active times despite fading from the face of the forum without warning! Heh.

Avatar(s) and banner(s) made by the excellent Neo Emolga for DBR V2!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by C0L0R3D View Post
    OH SWEET GOSH. So apparently it takes curiosity to drag me back here after heck knows how long, even if the things I came here for aren't about these days. But here's to hopefully more active times despite fading from the face of the forum without warning! Heh.
    Good to see you back! No worries yeah. These days are just busy all around it seems like.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Man it's been a hot minute. I hope everyone is having a good Christmas and New Year period!

I'd love to be back around regularly, but the forums seem like a ghost town, and I wouldn't know where to start :(

I'm hoping for a Discord invite (messaged the relevant people according to a... 2020 post edit), but if the community is active anywhere else, let me know!
    Last edited by Elbub; 12-27-2023 at 02:41 AM.
    Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
    Man it's been a hot minute. I hope everyone is having a good Christmas and New Year period!

I'd love to be back around regularly, but the forums seem like a ghost town, and I wouldn't know where to start :(

I'm hoping for a Discord invite (messaged the relevant people according to a... 2020 post edit), but if the community is active anywhere else, let me know!
    Welcome back, Elbub! I hope you had a good holiday season. Have you received the Discord invite you were hoping for (as far as I know, the community isn't active anywhere else)?

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Welcome back, Elbub! I hope you had a good holiday season. Have you received the Discord invite you were hoping for (as far as I know, the community isn't active anywhere else)?
    I have indeed, thank you, and I hope you have too.
    @Chakramaster got back to me regarding the Discord link, which I very much appreciated! I'm not sure how or why I left the Discord in the first place, because I was definitely in it before.

It's a shame to hear there's not too many places the community is active anymore, as even the Discord server seems quiet and maybe a little underloved - it still has Sword and Shield channels as opposed to Scarlet and Violet!

Or maybe even the community isn't quite what it once was - people get older, drift away, maybe permanently. I'm guilty of that somewhat myself, but I like to think that I'll always come back. and it'll be a long time before I disappear one final time into the ether!

Or maybe, just maybe, our collection attention spans are shorter and we're all expecting uber quick responses in the present day, which was never what forum life was about!

Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
    I have indeed, thank you, and I hope you have too.
    @Chakramaster got back to me regarding the Discord link, which I very much appreciated! I'm not sure how or why I left the Discord in the first place, because I was definitely in it before.

It's a shame to hear there's not too many places the community is active anymore, as even the Discord server seems quiet and maybe a little underloved - it still has Sword and Shield channels as opposed to Scarlet and Violet!

Or maybe even the community isn't quite what it once was - people get older, drift away, maybe permanently. I'm guilty of that somewhat myself, but I like to think that I'll always come back. and it'll be a long time before I disappear one final time into the ether!

Or maybe, just maybe, our collection attention spans are shorter and we're all expecting uber quick responses in the present day, which was never what forum life was about!
    I'm glad you were able to join the Discord server again!
    And yes, that server is pretty quiet, unfortunately. I agree that the community isn't what it once was : many formerly active members drifted away years ago. As for me, I still try to check the forum at least once a day.
    Here is what I wrote a few months ago about the forum VS Discord debate : "I also wish there could be more activity on PXR again. And I agree with your opinion about forums : I too enjoy easily looking up old threads and not feeling pressured to reply immediately. However, I think instant messaging is very convenient in some situations (such as gaming nights). Therefore, I wish forums and Discord could coexist again : in my opinion, they serve different purposes."

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

I'm glad you were able to join the Discord server again!
    And yes, that server is pretty quiet, unfortunately. I agree that the community isn't what it once was : many formerly active members drifted away years ago. As for me, I still try to check the forum at least once a day.
    Here is what I wrote a few months ago about the forum VS Discord debate : "I also wish there could be more activity on PXR again. And I agree with your opinion about forums : I too enjoy easily looking up old threads and not feeling pressured to reply immediately. However, I think instant messaging is very convenient in some situations (such as gaming nights). Therefore, I wish forums and Discord could coexist again : in my opinion, they serve different purposes."
    So am I, and it is quiet but it's good to be back and talking to people on there again, in addition to here!

I always thought forum communities could thrive beyond their original purpose if additional reasons occurred. Namely forum games, but I may be biased in thinking that! But alas, every one of us is now older and likely with far less free time than 5-10 years ago :(

I'm sticking around for now though, and I'll make posts into the void, and see what happens!

13. This post has been liked by: