Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Head of Moonlight Institute Professor Umbreon's Avatar

Moonlight Institute

Welcome one and all to Moonlight Institute! I received word that many of you eevees are looking to become umbreons. Well, it's a good thing I'm here! Here at Moonlight Institute I teach students what it means to be an umbreon.

Now to introduce myself, I am Professor Umbreon. I run Moonlight Institute and teach the up and coming eevees about the ways of the umbreon. I am not an easy professor, so if you think that you can get away with cheating in my class then just know I won't allow it. My course is tough but if you pass it, you will have achieved all the necessary strengths to evolve.

With that said, I welcome all of you to Moonlight Institute and wish you the best of luck. I look forward to the term that we will spend together, and I hope you will enjoy it as well.

Students in Training
    1. Carly - @Scytherwolf
    2.Laura- @LKWayvern
    3.Jacob - @Desolate Divine
    4.Sloane- @Noblejanobii

Successful Students

All Submission are due by 4/10/17
    Last edited by Professor Umbreon; 04-04-2017 at 04:21 AM.

Entrance Paper

It's time for your entrance paper!

I want a story that's at least 100 words and features a cameo from a university student acting as your mentor.

The theme is simple. It's your evolution! Write me a story about how you will evolve if you get into Moonlight Institute!

Need a little help getting started? I've heard the Writing Desk has a great list of prompts for you to glean some inspiration. And remember kids, plagiarism will result in an automatic failure.
    Last edited by Professor Umbreon; 04-01-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Pop Quiz!

Time for your first quiz, students! I need to make sure that only the wisest of the wise can embrace the power of the Umbreon! And if I catch any of you cheating it will result in an automatic failure! Please send me the answers via PM.

1. In what Pokemon game was Umbreon a starter pokemon?
    2. Umbreon is best known for its ability to evolve via friendship at night. However, it has been known to evolve in other ways. Please name one of the other methods and one of the games in which it is used.
    3. An event Umbreon was released in two different events in 2006. In which region did these distributions take place and what level was the event Umbreon?
    4. Umbreon's highest base stat is what with a total of what?
    5. What is Umbreon's Pokeathlon stat total?
    6. Umbreon was showed to know the move agility in which episode of the Pokemon anime?
    7. What is unique about Umbreon's having access to the ability synchronize?
    8. What is the only set of the main series Pokemon games in which it is impossible to obtain an Umbreon via evolution?
    9. What is Umbreon's Japanese name?
    10. Who was Umbreon originally designed by?
    Last edited by Professor Umbreon; 04-04-2017 at 06:51 AM.

Lunch Break!

Every good student should know when to take a break to eat! So get out those lunch bags folks I wanna see what's in those brown paper bags! Tell me what combination of berries, poffins, pokepuffs, and more make up your lunch! It may not be the most important meal of the day, but a successful lunch makes for an even more successful afternoon!

Mind Games!

All right, students! Everyone knows that to be a dark type you have to be not only smart but cunning too. So I've assembled two tests for you to take to see just how sharp you really are! I don't think they're too difficult, but then again I am the professor. Click on the links below to get started and send me screenshots of the finished projects once you've completed them.

1. The Moon Puzzle
    2. The Umbreon Encryption

Final Exam!

Now that I have enlightened you students on what it means to be an Umbreon, it's time for your final exam! This will be a final test of your creativity strengths, so get ready, because it's crunch time!

Your final exam is to draw yourself as an umbreon! But every Umbreon has their trademark. For me, it's my top hat, so draw yourself as a unique umbreon that encapsulates you!

Officially Open! Good Luck Everyone!

All right my good students, @Scytherwolf @LKWayvern @Desolate Divine, it's time to make you into the umbreons you are meant to be! Just take everything one step at a time, I know you can do it. After all, if you were brave enough to start here, you're strong enough to finish your education!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

My story is ready to go!

Spoiler:
    "Come on, Sloane! You gotta try harder than that! If you can't beat me then you won't be able to evolve into an umbreon like you've always dreamed!"

I panted as I chased after the swishing tail of the shiny eevee in front of me. Currently racing across the obstacle course, my short legs were pumping as fast as they could in an attempt to catch up to my competition. However, our speed and stamina difference was quite visible as he still managed to stay ahead of me. As we both crossed the finish line, Lucky pranced a little before turning back to see me collapse. The shiny eevee snickered and trotted over to me.

"Hellooooo?" he said as he poked my head, "are you alive?" I groaned a little and started to climb to my feet when a voice called out to us both.

"You're both improving, but you both need to work more before you reach your desired evolution stage." I lifted my brown eyes to see my mentor, an umbreon by the name of Reaper, approaching. He was an alumni of Moonlight Institute and was currently aiding me on my quest to evolve into an umbreon as well. Lucky's my best friend so of course he's helping too, though his sights are set on becoming a jolteon, which makes sense giving his ability and nimbleness. Reaper turned his red eyes to me. “But don’t give up, you’ll evolve when the time is right.” Reaper turned around and started back towards the university before pausing. “Oh and are you two ready for tonight?” Both Lucky and I’s eyes went alight with a passionate fire. Neither of us could wait for tonight!

Tonight was the night they started the annual campus tradition of PvS, or Pokemon versus Shadows! In short, it’s a game where students from around the university that signed up are given roles as either shadows or regular pokemon. There are thirty shadow pokemon to start with but if they tag a regular pokemon then the shadowness spreads. Regular pokemon can fight off the shadows with water guns, dart guns, and sock whips or other sock weapons, but it’ll only stun shadow pokemon for fifteen minutes. During normal school hours, from eight in the morning to five at night, all the buildings on campus are safe zones where people can’t be tagged, so students are safe during class. But after that only bathrooms, cafeterias, study rooms, and the main campus building, Excalibur Hall, are safe zones. Not even the dorm rooms are safe! You could tell which students were players because if they were a shadow pokemon they had a bandanna around their head and if they were a regular pokemon they had it around one of their arms or legs. It’s apparently a huge campus tradition and really fun. Lucky and I hadn’t been selected to be one of the first ten shadow pokemon, but Reaper was! Just hearing some of his stories made me really excited about playing.

“I’m going to survive! No shadow pokemon can keep up with me!” Lucky cheered, bouncing back and forth on his paws. “Sloane, though, you’ll probably be one of the first caught.”

“Hey!” I replied in an offended tone. Lucky was probably right though, but I didn’t care. Shadow or regular, I knew I was going to have fun tonight. “Well I better head back to my dorm! I need to study some for Professor Umbreon’s class before I head out tonight.” I waved goodbye to Reaper and Lucky before trotting off to my dorm. The hours flew by very quickly as I studied my umbreon facts and soon enough my alarm went off indicating that I had thirty minutes before the games began. My roommate hadn’t been home this whole time but I knew she was playing too, though I wasn’t sure which team she was on. Grabbing my purple bandanna, I tied it around my right front leg then trotted to Excalibur Hall, where the beginning of the game would be held. I was soon joined by several other students as we made our way to the starting point. We also saw a few shadows roaming around but other than that it was fairly peaceful. As we entered Excalibur Hall, I heard a familiar voice shout my name.

“Sloane!” The shiny eevee sprinted through the crowd and skidded to a stop by my side. Lucky grinned and wagged his tail, a gold bandanna wrapped around his left leg. “You ready for this? I’m so pumped! Reaper’s not going to know what hit him!”

“Lucky! Wait up!” A smaller eevee with a pink flower tucked behind her ear and a matching bandanna around her right leg came closer to us, tugging along a brown bag. She stopped next to us and paused to breathe before smiling. “I got our weapons! Who’s ready to fight?” This was my roommate, Soul. She was quite the tinkerer and was happy to get the perfect weapons for Lucky and I. Soul undid the knot holding the bag closed and out spilled three dart guns. Soul picked up the strap for one and dragged it over to Lucky. “Hold still, let me put it on you.” Lifting it up, she mounted the dart gun on Lucky’s back and strapped it on him. When she was finished, Lucky resembled a small silver tank. The dart gun was strapped to his back and the trigger was hooked up to a rod that hung around Lucky’s neck. All Lucky had to do was move his head down and it would fire three darts at once. Soul quickly suited myself with similar equipment, obviously quite proud of her work. We helped her do the same then waited for the clock tower to ring out five o’clock.

The first strike echoed throughout the hall and all attention turned towards the umbreon descended the steps. It was one of the upperclassmen, and one of the moderators for the game, Arondight! The umbreon’s gold eyes and red rings shone brightly as the lights suddenly went out in the hall. Several umbreon set their rings alight to give some sense of surroundings as Arondight began to laugh. A chant began to whisper through the hall as Arondight stopped at the landing on the steps just above them.

“PvS. PvS. PvS! PvS!” I couldn’t stop myself from chanting along with them, excitement bubbling up in my chest. Arondight raised one of his paws and the chanting died down. A smile grew across his face and he shouted,

“Welcome, students, to this year’s iteration of PvS! I’m Arondight, one of the three moderators for this event. Myself along with Eclipse and Faust will be your supervisors for the entire week. You should have had the rules explained to you when you signed up, but if you don’t remember, ask the person next to you. Just be safe. Stay within campus boundaries. No wandering to other universities, at least not on purpose. No use of powers, only the weapons you have and your body. And so, without further ado…” Sirens rang out across the campus and lights began to flash inside as Arondight disappeared. Lucky bounced up and down excitedly next to me and the crowd began to quickly thin as the other eevees and umbreons exited the building. Nodding to Soul and Lucky, the three of us charged up the stairs Arondight had been on earlier to get to the second floor of the building. There was a bridge to the Aegis Auditorium from there. They could get an ambush on the shadows that way. Sprinting down the hallway, they pushed open the door and exited onto the bridge. The sounds of dart guns and battle cries filled the air around them as they traveled across the bridge. Nudging open the door on the otherwise, the three eevees traveled carefully inside the dark auditorium. It wasn’t until they reached the middle of the auditorium that they realized their mistake.

“We’ve got you now!” Light erupted around them as two umbreons started up their lights. They were surrounded by three shadows, two umbreons and one eevee. Lucky didn’t wait, immediately ducking his head and firing three darts. One of the umbreons dodged but the eevee was struck. The other umbreon charged in to try and tag us, but Soul quickly sprayed him with her water gun. The two downed shadows growled and laid down, remaining still as the third shadow backed into the darkness of the auditorium. The shadows defeated, the three of us pressed on into the hallways of the Aegis buildings. The second floor appeared clear so we started to climb down the stairs. As we reached the bottom, we suddenly found ourselves surrounded again. We unleashed a barrage of darts and water onto the shadows, carving a way through them. It didn’t take us long to take them all down and the three of us started to exit when a movement caught my eye. I saw a shadow darting straight for Lucky.

“Lucky! Watch out!” I dove in between he and the shadow, firing my darts for a few minutes until a blinding light surrounded me. When it faded, I found Reaper laying on the ground in front of me, a large smirk plastered across his face. I stared at him in confusion before looking at Lucky and Soul. Both the eevees were staring at me with wide eyes. They suddenly seemed shorter too. “Guys? What’s wrong?”

“Congrats, Sloane,” Reaper said, “you’ve proved yourself a true warrior and evolved.”
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    My story is ready to go!

Spoiler:
    "Come on, Sloane! You gotta try harder than that! If you can't beat me then you won't be able to evolve into an umbreon like you've always dreamed!"

I panted as I chased after the swishing tail of the shiny eevee in front of me. Currently racing across the obstacle course, my short legs were pumping as fast as they could in an attempt to catch up to my competition. However, our speed and stamina difference was quite visible as he still managed to stay ahead of me. As we both crossed the finish line, Lucky pranced a little before turning back to see me collapse. The shiny eevee snickered and trotted over to me.

"Hellooooo?" he said as he poked my head, "are you alive?" I groaned a little and started to climb to my feet when a voice called out to us both.

"You're both improving, but you both need to work more before you reach your desired evolution stage." I lifted my brown eyes to see my mentor, an umbreon by the name of Reaper, approaching. He was an alumni of Moonlight Institute and was currently aiding me on my quest to evolve into an umbreon as well. Lucky's my best friend so of course he's helping too, though his sights are set on becoming a jolteon, which makes sense giving his ability and nimbleness. Reaper turned his red eyes to me. “But don’t give up, you’ll evolve when the time is right.” Reaper turned around and started back towards the university before pausing. “Oh and are you two ready for tonight?” Both Lucky and I’s eyes went alight with a passionate fire. Neither of us could wait for tonight!

Tonight was the night they started the annual campus tradition of PvS, or Pokemon versus Shadows! In short, it’s a game where students from around the university that signed up are given roles as either shadows or regular pokemon. There are thirty shadow pokemon to start with but if they tag a regular pokemon then the shadowness spreads. Regular pokemon can fight off the shadows with water guns, dart guns, and sock whips or other sock weapons, but it’ll only stun shadow pokemon for fifteen minutes. During normal school hours, from eight in the morning to five at night, all the buildings on campus are safe zones where people can’t be tagged, so students are safe during class. But after that only bathrooms, cafeterias, study rooms, and the main campus building, Excalibur Hall, are safe zones. Not even the dorm rooms are safe! You could tell which students were players because if they were a shadow pokemon they had a bandanna around their head and if they were a regular pokemon they had it around one of their arms or legs. It’s apparently a huge campus tradition and really fun. Lucky and I hadn’t been selected to be one of the first ten shadow pokemon, but Reaper was! Just hearing some of his stories made me really excited about playing.

“I’m going to survive! No shadow pokemon can keep up with me!” Lucky cheered, bouncing back and forth on his paws. “Sloane, though, you’ll probably be one of the first caught.”

“Hey!” I replied in an offended tone. Lucky was probably right though, but I didn’t care. Shadow or regular, I knew I was going to have fun tonight. “Well I better head back to my dorm! I need to study some for Professor Umbreon’s class before I head out tonight.” I waved goodbye to Reaper and Lucky before trotting off to my dorm. The hours flew by very quickly as I studied my umbreon facts and soon enough my alarm went off indicating that I had thirty minutes before the games began. My roommate hadn’t been home this whole time but I knew she was playing too, though I wasn’t sure which team she was on. Grabbing my purple bandanna, I tied it around my right front leg then trotted to Excalibur Hall, where the beginning of the game would be held. I was soon joined by several other students as we made our way to the starting point. We also saw a few shadows roaming around but other than that it was fairly peaceful. As we entered Excalibur Hall, I heard a familiar voice shout my name.

“Sloane!” The shiny eevee sprinted through the crowd and skidded to a stop by my side. Lucky grinned and wagged his tail, a gold bandanna wrapped around his left leg. “You ready for this? I’m so pumped! Reaper’s not going to know what hit him!”

“Lucky! Wait up!” A smaller eevee with a pink flower tucked behind her ear and a matching bandanna around her right leg came closer to us, tugging along a brown bag. She stopped next to us and paused to breathe before smiling. “I got our weapons! Who’s ready to fight?” This was my roommate, Soul. She was quite the tinkerer and was happy to get the perfect weapons for Lucky and I. Soul undid the knot holding the bag closed and out spilled three dart guns. Soul picked up the strap for one and dragged it over to Lucky. “Hold still, let me put it on you.” Lifting it up, she mounted the dart gun on Lucky’s back and strapped it on him. When she was finished, Lucky resembled a small silver tank. The dart gun was strapped to his back and the trigger was hooked up to a rod that hung around Lucky’s neck. All Lucky had to do was move his head down and it would fire three darts at once. Soul quickly suited myself with similar equipment, obviously quite proud of her work. We helped her do the same then waited for the clock tower to ring out five o’clock.

The first strike echoed throughout the hall and all attention turned towards the umbreon descended the steps. It was one of the upperclassmen, and one of the moderators for the game, Arondight! The umbreon’s gold eyes and red rings shone brightly as the lights suddenly went out in the hall. Several umbreon set their rings alight to give some sense of surroundings as Arondight began to laugh. A chant began to whisper through the hall as Arondight stopped at the landing on the steps just above them.

“PvS. PvS. PvS! PvS!” I couldn’t stop myself from chanting along with them, excitement bubbling up in my chest. Arondight raised one of his paws and the chanting died down. A smile grew across his face and he shouted,

“Welcome, students, to this year’s iteration of PvS! I’m Arondight, one of the three moderators for this event. Myself along with Eclipse and Faust will be your supervisors for the entire week. You should have had the rules explained to you when you signed up, but if you don’t remember, ask the person next to you. Just be safe. Stay within campus boundaries. No wandering to other universities, at least not on purpose. No use of powers, only the weapons you have and your body. And so, without further ado…” Sirens rang out across the campus and lights began to flash inside as Arondight disappeared. Lucky bounced up and down excitedly next to me and the crowd began to quickly thin as the other eevees and umbreons exited the building. Nodding to Soul and Lucky, the three of us charged up the stairs Arondight had been on earlier to get to the second floor of the building. There was a bridge to the Aegis Auditorium from there. They could get an ambush on the shadows that way. Sprinting down the hallway, they pushed open the door and exited onto the bridge. The sounds of dart guns and battle cries filled the air around them as they traveled across the bridge. Nudging open the door on the otherwise, the three eevees traveled carefully inside the dark auditorium. It wasn’t until they reached the middle of the auditorium that they realized their mistake.

“We’ve got you now!” Light erupted around them as two umbreons started up their lights. They were surrounded by three shadows, two umbreons and one eevee. Lucky didn’t wait, immediately ducking his head and firing three darts. One of the umbreons dodged but the eevee was struck. The other umbreon charged in to try and tag us, but Soul quickly sprayed him with her water gun. The two downed shadows growled and laid down, remaining still as the third shadow backed into the darkness of the auditorium. The shadows defeated, the three of us pressed on into the hallways of the Aegis buildings. The second floor appeared clear so we started to climb down the stairs. As we reached the bottom, we suddenly found ourselves surrounded again. We unleashed a barrage of darts and water onto the shadows, carving a way through them. It didn’t take us long to take them all down and the three of us started to exit when a movement caught my eye. I saw a shadow darting straight for Lucky.

“Lucky! Watch out!” I dove in between he and the shadow, firing my darts for a few minutes until a blinding light surrounded me. When it faded, I found Reaper laying on the ground in front of me, a large smirk plastered across his face. I stared at him in confusion before looking at Lucky and Soul. Both the eevees were staring at me with wide eyes. They suddenly seemed shorter too. “Guys? What’s wrong?”

“Congrats, Sloane,” Reaper said, “you’ve proved yourself a true warrior and evolved.”

Amazing job, student! And you even completed the quiz too! Well that means it's time for your lunch break. So, Eevee Sloane, what's in your lunch bag today?