Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ba da boom!

Ba da boom!

Hello and how's it all going?

I'm Master Snowy- an avid forum-er and also, currently, a professor at a university.

But no matter how grown up or educated I may get, I can never lose my love for Pokemon and also, my love for making new friends. So, here I am! :D

To give you a little more background, I am also an Admin of another Pokemon forum which used to be an official PTD forum. But has now died and after all tries and no hopes of having the forum back up, I've decided to join this one. -as this one of all the other Pokemon forums out there seemed the warmest and friendliest (much like my own forum) to me.

Master Snowy has always been my username and if you're also an avid forum-er and if you've been to many other forums just like me, chances are that you might even know me.

But all this talk aside, this is not what I came here for.

What matters to me is knowing more about you guys and making new friends.

So, please feel free to tell me more about yourself here too! :D

More than a welcome, I would like to call this place my home and find new friends around here

So, howdy all! And how have you all been? :D

P.S., I'm a female in my mid-twenties.

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Welcome welcome! It's nice to have you Master Snowy! I'm sorry about your old forum but I hope you come to love PXR like we all have! I'm NobleJanobii, the writing and Roleplay moderator. Pleasure to meet you! You're a professor so what do you teach? Do you enjoy it? I'm currently a university student so maybe we can relate just a little.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Welcome welcome! It's nice to have you Master Snowy! I'm sorry about your old forum but I hope you come to love PXR like we all have! I'm NobleJanobii, the writing and Roleplay moderator. Pleasure to meet you! You're a professor so what do you teach? Do you enjoy it? I'm currently a university student so maybe we can relate just a little.
    Helloooo NobleJanobii!!

I really like how warm your welcome sounds. And yes yes! I'm sure we can relate quite a lot now that we live in somewhat similar fields, idk.. haha..

Well, I'm an English professor. But I'm only a junior professor because I completed my education only two years ago and I stepped into these shoes very recently..

So, yes, the job and stuff is quite new but I may even quit it soon so that I can pursue other degrees that I want to...

How about yourself? :) What do you currently study atm?

P.S., Mimikyu is... THE BEST! Especially, it's background song really rocks! Have you heard it? :D

6. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Master Snowy View Post
    Helloooo NobleJanobii!!

I really like how warm your welcome sounds. And yes yes! I'm sure we can relate quite a lot now that we live in somewhat similar fields, idk.. haha..

Well, I'm an English professor. But I'm only a junior professor because I completed my education only two years ago and I stepped into these shoes very recently..

So, yes, the job and stuff is quite new but I may even quit it soon so that I can pursue other degrees that I want to...

How about yourself? :) What do you currently study atm?

P.S., Mimikyu is... THE BEST! Especially, it's background song really rocks! Have you heard it? :D
    Ooooh English! That was a major I heavily considered going into but, much like history, I had to put aside because I'm not a very patient person so I wouldn't be a skilled teacher. Still it's cool that you're a professor, even if you're only a junior professor! I'm sure you'll do great things in the future!

Oh really? What kind of other degrees are you thinking of pursuing?

I currently studying Political science as my major and Spanish as my minor. My end goal in life is to either be a diplomat or a member of the United Nations. I only just started college though. I'm a second Semester Freshman. I've enjoyed my time at college so far besides the two professors that have been the bane of my existence. And calculus.

Hehe thank you! I love the little guy and draw it pretty often! I have heard the Mimikyu song and quite like it. There's also some pretty neat covers of it too.
    / / / / / / / /

8. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Welcome to PXR, Master Snowy! It's nice to meet you! I'm glad you decided to join us! I'm the moderator for the Other Pokémon Games section. I hope you enjoy it here as much as your old forum.

I was pretty similar. My original forum died out. So I moved to another. Years later that new one started to die too. By some chance I ran into this site and been with PXR ever since! :D it's a very nice and friendly community. It's tough when a forum you've spent years with does out. I lost contact with a few friends after it too sadly.

I got an associates degree a few years ago. The degree I was going for started not going so well. So for now I'm only working a full time job in retail. Not too fun, but it's what was handed to me (or more specifically I got lucky and someone helped me out to get in. No one was contacting me. Seems to be the thing to do today :/ have no one ever even respond to you).

It's so cool to hear you're a professor though! Ever get that urge to just relate that to Pokémon at all? Haha :D it probably has good and bad moments though. Anyway if you have any questions or just wanna talk. Send me a VM or PM! I'd be glad to help answer any question you may have or just talk if you'd like to! :) or you can message any of our other Staff members if you have specific questions as well. Anyway, hope you enjoy it here on PXR! Maybe this can turn out to be your new home away from home in time :)

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

10. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hey Master Snowy, welcome to PXR! We're a fun and friendly crew and I have a great feeling you'll fit in just fine around here. :3 That's awesome that you're a professor already!

I'm actually a business major. I majored in Business Administration with concentrations in Management Information Systems and Marketing. And I also have my MBA. At the moment, I'm in between jobs, but I've been on a lot of interviews lately so hopefully something lands very soon.

I'm actually in my mid-thirties. Got into Pokémon when I was 17 and it's pretty much stuck with me ever since. But, like there's plenty of grown adults still into Disney stuff, I feel no shame about still being into Pokémon even at my age. It's all good. :D There were grown adults WAY older than I am playing Pokémon GO all summer, so hey, it's a thing!

Anyway, we're glad to have you here and I hope you like PXR! Cheers and good times!

12. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Welcome Master Snowy! :D We're glad you decided to join us! That's so cool that you're a professor! :O I just finished my PhD in genetics. I do some university teaching at the moment, helping out with labs and stuff, but we don't get to be called professors here. That's only for the most senior people, even my advisor wasn't a professor. xD

We're pretty friendly so I'm sure you'll fit right in! :D If you like murder mystery games you can also join in the Stalkers RPG. It started a while ago but we could definitely use the help! xD You sign up as a Pokemon and then search different places or interview people to try and find clues. It's pretty fun!
    GCEA

14. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Welcome to PXR, Master Snowy! It's nice to meet you! I'm glad you decided to join us! I'm the moderator for the Other Pokémon Games section. I hope you enjoy it here as much as your old forum.

I was pretty similar. My original forum died out. So I moved to another. Years later that new one started to die too. By some chance I ran into this site and been with PXR ever since! :D it's a very nice and friendly community. It's tough when a forum you've spent years with does out. I lost contact with a few friends after it too sadly.

I got an associates degree a few years ago. The degree I was going for started not going so well. So for now I'm only working a full time job in retail. Not too fun, but it's what was handed to me (or more specifically I got lucky and someone helped me out to get in. No one was contacting me. Seems to be the thing to do today :/ have no one ever even respond to you).

It's so cool to hear you're a professor though! Ever get that urge to just relate that to Pokémon at all? Haha :D it probably has good and bad moments though. Anyway if you have any questions or just wanna talk. Send me a VM or PM! I'd be glad to help answer any question you may have or just talk if you'd like to! :) or you can message any of our other Staff members if you have specific questions as well. Anyway, hope you enjoy it here on PXR! Maybe this can turn out to be your new home away from home in time :)
    Thank you very much for the warm welcome, Chakramaster! =^0^= Do you also happen to be a Naruto fan, btw? I ask because of your username, hehe...

And also, about how you found this forum and your job, I can totally relate to that as I've recently been there myself!

My first job as a fresher was super small and tough. I was like the errand, desk-staff at my college and it was hard.

But heck, once you get the experience and stuff, it only goes uphill from then on. So, I hope the same goes for you and that you achieve everything you want to in life. I wish you good luck, man! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Hey Master Snowy, welcome to PXR! We're a fun and friendly crew and I have a great feeling you'll fit in just fine around here. :3 That's awesome that you're a professor already!

I'm actually a business major. I majored in Business Administration with concentrations in Management Information Systems and Marketing. And I also have my MBA. At the moment, I'm in between jobs, but I've been on a lot of interviews lately so hopefully something lands very soon.

I'm actually in my mid-thirties. Got into Pokémon when I was 17 and it's pretty much stuck with me ever since. But, like there's plenty of grown adults still into Disney stuff, I feel no shame about still being into Pokémon even at my age. It's all good. :D There were grown adults WAY older than I am playing Pokémon GO all summer, so hey, it's a thing!

Anyway, we're glad to have you here and I hope you like PXR! Cheers and good times!
    Whoaaa... I have a cousin who is about to complete her MBA as well.. and it was a tough course to get into. But I'm glad you made it through the degree and I know what you mean by how tough an interview process can be.

But meh, I'm sure you'll pull it off, man! I believe in ya!

Do pm or VM me and let me know when you make it in, ok? Would be great to celebrate the day with ya. So, good luck mate! :) Always keep pushing and knocking 'cause you never know.

Also, I really love what the abbreviated forum name sounds like... PXR almost sounds like a cinema name to me or like Pixar animations, hehehe... In short, I mean to say that I'm just loving it here and it feels super cool to say PXR, hehehe!!!

Whooo!!! PXR rocks!!! X)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Welcome Master Snowy! :D We're glad you decided to join us! That's so cool that you're a professor! :O I just finished my PhD in genetics. I do some university teaching at the moment, helping out with labs and stuff, but we don't get to be called professors here. That's only for the most senior people, even my advisor wasn't a professor. xD

We're pretty friendly so I'm sure you'll fit right in! :D If you like murder mystery games you can also join in the Stalkers RPG. It started a while ago but we could definitely use the help! xD You sign up as a Pokemon and then search different places or interview people to try and find clues. It's pretty fun!
    Hahaha, ikr! I see what you mean there. It's​ sort of the same in some of the high universities here. But in small universities, we get to be called professors no matter what our degree/ experience and that's where I happened to luck out, hahaha... But oh well XD

And yay! Thank you for the invitation, Sarah! :) I shall make sure to consider it.. however, horror isn't my thing and I suffer from PTSD. So, I may not join, but idk, we'll see I suppose.... So, thank you! :)

Ooooh English! That was a major I heavily considered going into but, much like history, I had to put aside because I'm not a very patient person so I wouldn't be a skilled teacher. Still it's cool that you're a professor, even if you're only a junior professor! I'm sure you'll do great things in the future!

Oh really? What kind of other degrees are you thinking of pursuing?

I currently studying Political science as my major and Spanish as my minor. My end goal in life is to either be a diplomat or a member of the United Nations. I only just started college though. I'm a second Semester Freshman. I've enjoyed my time at college so far besides the two professors that have been the bane of my existence. And calculus.

Hehe thank you! I love the little guy and draw it pretty often! I have heard the Mimikyu song and quite like it. There's also some pretty neat covers of it too.
    Whoa whoa whoa!!! A parliamentary member huh? Now that's the stuff! Good luck with it, Noblejanobii! It sounds great to me :D

And hehe, ikr... I think Mimikyu has really hit the big screen... Like, this is the only Pokemon that is getting as popular as Pikachu, I think? Idk... XD

Oh and as for my degrees, I would like a Ph.D. in Literature because I only have an M.Phil as of yet, but oh well... It's something we'll only get to see in the near future, I suppose.. :)

To soar above the clouds is my dream... And, to reach out to the needy, my scheme.

16. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Master Snowy View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa!!! A parliamentary member huh? Now that's the stuff! Good luck with it, Noblejanobii! It sounds great to me :D

And hehe, ikr... I think Mimikyu has really hit the big screen... Like, this is the only Pokemon that is getting as popular as Pikachu, I think? Idk... XD

Oh and as for my degrees, I would like a Ph.D. in Literature because I only have an M.Phil as of yet, but oh well... It's something we'll only get to see in the near future, I suppose.. :)
    Yeah I have large aspirations. Hopefully I'll get there, but if my author's career takes off first I won't complain. ;)

Yeah it's definitely up there in popularity!

Ohh sounds nice! Well I wish you the best of luck with that. I don't know if I'll ever get a PHD, but who knows.

Also for the kudamon userbar, @Chibi Altaria made that but I'm sure she can make you a unique one if you'd want rather than just using mine. XD Either way if you're a digimon fan do come join The Digidestined.
    / / / / / / / /

Yeah I have large aspirations. Hopefully I'll get there, but if my author's career takes off first I won't complain. ;)

Yeah it's definitely up there in popularity!

Ohh sounds nice! Well I wish you the best of luck with that. I don't know if I'll ever get a PHD, but who knows.

Also for the kudamon userbar, @Chibi Altaria made that but I'm sure she can make you a unique one if you'd want rather than just using mine. XD Either way if you're a digimon fan do come join The Digidestined.
    Ohhh!!!! Bahaha!

I totally misunderstood that userbar then XD

I do love Digimon, but I haven't watched the latest series. So, I didn't notice that the userbar was actually Digimon.

I misunderstood it as sort of a mascot of the forum and thought that "we're digidestined" meant that as part of digital media, our sweet friendship was destined or something...

Oops, hahaha!

And yeah, sure! I'd love to join your club! :)

But I'm not sure if I'll have much to talk about anymore since the last time I watched Digimon was over 6-10 years ago XD oh gosh... Time flies...

But I guess I might catch on with the help of your club..

And also, sure thing! Thank you... :)

I might just go request for another personalised userbar, then... Lol Xp

To soar above the clouds is my dream... And, to reach out to the needy, my scheme.