Thread: I did a thing that should've been a thing in the first place

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

I did a thing that should've been a thing in the first place

surprise post from kaoru. what. o.o. what year is it again? /s

I did a thing that should've been a thing in the first place. be proud that I did a thing. xD Here's the thing: I listened to a thing, that thing became a thing, and I used said thing in the video. If you're confused, read on. :D

All jokes aside: Battle Legend Blue has his proper battle music back! I fell in love with this remix of Champion Blue's theme by Bliizit on YouTube. As much as I like the Battle Tree boss theme, I don't like how it's for both Red and Blue, especially since I hear mostly Red's theme then I do Blue's theme. *shrug*

I apologize for the frame drops, as my method of recording my 3DS screen requires an internet connection and mine isn't very good. I also don't have the money or the time/patience to get a capture card. :P

It's marked as a spoiler for those who haven't reached the Battle Tree nor have seen any Battle Tree battles.
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja [email protected]
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats

2. This post has been liked by:

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Definitely should have been a thing in the first place. xD Nicely done! :D So did you actually, like...insert it into the game somehow? O: ARE YOU MAGICAL?!

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Definitely should have been a thing in the first place. xD Nicely done! :D So did you actually, like...insert it into the game somehow? O: ARE YOU MAGICAL?!
    Thanks!

Long story short, I used SaltySD to read the sound file from my 3DS's SD card. It requires a fully hacked system to take advantage of it, though. From the GitHub page for SaltySD, "SaltySD is a collection of modifications for 3DS ROMs which allows them to load various resources from the SD card rather than from romFS." The romFS includes things like the sound files, cutscenes, the models, and basically every thing from the game.

So technically, it is injected into the game. When SaltySD is active, it replaces the files in the game with what I have on my SD card, but it has to be in a specific folder structure otherwise it won't work. When SaltySD is not active, the game behaves as it would with no hacks or anything applied to it.

Probably made no sense.

YES I AM MAGIC. >:3
    Last edited by Kaoru; 04-14-2017 at 08:38 AM. Reason: it would help if I actually provided the link to the github page

Spoiler:

5. This post has been liked by:

Hellooo! It's so good to see everyone again!! Speed-X's Avatar
    asdjfklsdjfklja. THAT IS AWESOME. What "method" did you use that requires internet connection though? I didn't know there was any other way other than using a capture card, to be completely honest....

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

7. This post has been liked by:

Kaoru 

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    asdjfklsdjfklja. THAT IS AWESOME. What "method" did you use that requires internet connection though? I didn't know there was any other way other than using a capture card, to be completely honest....
    It's called NTR CFW, which is launched through an app on my Home Menu. It requires a fully hacked system in order to take advantage of it, though. And because of the processing power it needs, only people with a n3DS or n3DSXL (w/C-Stick and extra buttons) can take advantage it.

Spoiler:

I have homebrew installed and everything, but man, Kaoru, you're a wizard. I don't have the patience to learn how to do all of that stuff LOL. And for the record, for those that aren't familiar with homebrew and whatnot, it's very complicated. >:-( Kudos, Kaoru. It's honestly very impressive!

|||||||||

10. This post has been liked by:

Kaoru