Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Sorry for taking so long to get the forms in! Presenting team firestorm!

Character Name: Richard (or rick/ricky)
    Gamertag: MajorKorth
    Pokemon Species: Ryhorn
    Personality: Richard is an idealistic leader with a "get things done" attitude. He puts a lot of pride on his honor and always pushes to treat other properly and fairly. When provoked he can get violent, but tries to avoid as much as possible. Richard used to be a very athletic person and is often annoyed by rhyhorn's limited movement and speed.

While outwardly Richard is strong and sereious, he's actually somewhat conservative and keeps his personal feelings to himself most of the time. His teammates can usually see past through his words but rarely directly opens up and relies more on his teammates to understand him.

Appearance: A normal rhyhorn, but had a red armband on his front left leg with their team logo on it. (see other for logo details)
    Moveset: horn attack, tail whip, fury attack, skull bash (egg move)
    Team Type: Rescue
    Team Role: leader
    Team Name: Firestorm
    Other: The team logo is a flaming meteor imposed over a lightning bolt from a thunder cloud. The meteor's flame trail and the lightning bolt cross in an X shape.

Character Name: Alexander (or lee)
    Gamertag: CrimsonAlucard101
    Pokemon Species: magby
    Personality: Lee is an energetic and somewhat inappropriate. He's usually out to have a good time and has a love for competition. Jokes, often at other people's expense, are common, and lee isn't usually one to follow rules. However despite his eccentric ways he's pretty trustworthy, even if his methods aren't always the best. He's the sort of person who'd prefer to charge an enemy straight on over other methods.
    Appearance: a normal elekid, but hopes to get a headband with the team logo on it rather than the usual armband
    Moveset: leer, smog, ember, karate chop (egg move)
    Team Type: rescue
    Team Role: partner
    Team Name: firestorm
    Other: Alex will sometimes go out out to do really easy missions on his own or with josh, just so he has something to do.

Character Name: Joshua (or josh)
    Gamertag: TheKunz
    Pokemon Species: Elekid
    Personality: More reserved than his other too partners, josh deals with his insecurities through study and can almost always be found with a book in hand. He's very bookish and has an odd sense of humor, but above all he's kind. He hates fighting, avoiding it whenever possible, and is nice to everyone. He'll push his own complaints down to put others first, though occasionally his feelings will burst out if he feels too stressed. He prizes fairness a lot and it will always bother him when he feels someone is being bullied or treated unfairly. Though he may not always have the courage to do something about it, something he greatly dislikes about himself.
    Appearance: A normal elekid, except he wears his team logo on a sash across his chest and wears glasses. He doesn't actually need glasses, but as a human he did and he doesn't feel right without them.
    Moveset: leer, quick attack, thundershock, rolling kick (egg move)
    Team Type: rescue
    Team Role: partner (also item-carrier)
    Team Name: firestorm
    Other: Their team motto is "strong as an adventurer, brave as an explorer, kind as a rescuer."
    They all look good to me! So hop on into the world of PMD CoF
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Extra Clever Earthbound Spirit Gef's Avatar
    Hmm-hm. No reason not to hop back into things here now, right?

I have twooo questions: First, may I join as a character without a team initially? I feel this would prioritize character interaction for me to a higher degree, forcing a character to search for openings while fighting to survive on her own in the meantime (and if circumstances don't work in her favor, there are always temporary NPC teams she could ally herself with). There's also more of an opportunity for me to develop her without also having to worry about developing a secondary or even tertiary supporting character on the wayside. You're basically bound to get something more thorough from me if I just enter a single sign-up.

Also, this is mostly for confirmation's sake, but based on Morzone referencing Sword Art Online in the most recent IC post and the whole "PMD being an active phenomenon" thing, this takes place in our world and not an alternative one, correct?

A lovely Secret Santa gift year round!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gef View Post
    Hmm-hm. No reason not to hop back into things here now, right?

I have twooo questions: First, may I join as a character without a team initially? I feel this would prioritize character interaction for me to a higher degree, forcing a character to search for openings while fighting to survive on her own in the meantime (and if circumstances don't work in her favor, there are always temporary NPC teams she could ally herself with). There's also more of an opportunity for me to develop her without also having to worry about developing a secondary or even tertiary supporting character on the wayside. You're basically bound to get something more thorough from me if I just enter a single sign-up.

Also, this is mostly for confirmation's sake, but based on Morzone referencing Sword Art Online in the most recent IC post and the whole "PMD being an active phenomenon" thing, this takes place in our world and not an alternative one, correct?
    Yep go right ahead. I plan to get the plot moving post up this weekend so the sooner the better.

Hm... I'll go ahead and give this the okay. I trust you'll do well.

I mean technically yes, but it'd obviously be in the future and such so take that as you will.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Yep go right ahead. I plan to get the plot moving post up this weekend so the sooner the better.

Hm... I'll go ahead and give this the okay. I trust you'll do well.

I mean technically yes, but it'd obviously be in the future and such so take that as you will.
    Sounds perfect! Thank you for the go-ahead, and I'll surely consider that.

Completed app:

"After a thorough analysis of your answers, we have determined you to be the OUTGOING type.

"To find promise in others is not necessarily to find promise in oneself; you are the embodiment of this sentiment. Have you ever obsessively dedicated yourself to someone you longed to be? Do you desperately strive to trust acquaintances because of a deep-seated mistrust in yourself? These are all rhetorical questions as questioning has concluded.

"You are a sensitive, sympathetic, and brave person who unconditionally takes the words of others to heart; these traits collectively stem from altruism—insecurity. You have been found to possess a selflessness that is worryingly suicidal for your age, though the intention of this personality test is not to psycho-analyze or evaluate. Simultaneously, your reliance in others to redeem your existence will not necessarily be cured in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Challengers of Fate."

< DETECTED PLAYER DISTURBANCE >
    < RECALIBRATING ... >

"Other sub-traits we determined applicable: you are the DIPLOMATIC type; you are the OBSERVANT type; you are the WILLFUL type.

"To account for detected disturbance, personality test results will be promptly concluded. Your Pokémon is DEERLING, the Season Pokémon. A fawn-like quadruped with Normal and Grass typing as well as the special ability to change coat colors with the seasons. Her special ability, SERENE GRACE, boosts the chance of her or her teammates inflicting secondary effects with their moves.

"Please note that beta testers who used quadrupedal Pokémon extensively reported intense nausea and discomfort. Considering this, would you like to re-roll DEERLING or skip personality quiz results? Please remember that you will not be able to change your Pokémon when the game begins."

< VOICE COMMAND - dianayu1 - "Wha-? Wait! No! No, no, she's perfect! >

"Dia has transformed into DEERLING!"

"Please confirm that the following information is correct before entering the world of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Challengers of Fate: "

Full Name: Diana "Dia" Yué
    Gamertag: dianayu1
    Gaming Experience: 0 Years; Intermittent
    Personality: OUTGOING - Diplomatic; Observant; Willful

Pokémon Species: Deerling
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Moveset: Tackle / Camouflage / Tail Whip / Synthesis*
    Appearance: To be customized.

Team Type: Rescue
    Team Role: Subordinate, Item Carrier
    Team Name: Flower Power

< OPTION SELECT - dianayu1 - Yes; enter the world of Pokémon. >

< ERROR CODE 125.1235832: PLEASE SELECT TEAM TYPE >
    < ERROR CODE 125.1235832: PLEASE SELECT TEAM ROLE >
    < ERROR CODE 125.1235832: PLEASE SELECT TEAM NAME >

< DETECTED PLAYER DISTURBANCE >
    < RECALIBRATING ... >
    < RECALIBRATING ... >

"We have encountered an error regarding the team-building process.

"Player base has expounded dramatically.

"AI partners are unavailable.

"Player partners are unavailable.

"Do you still wish to continue?"

< VOICE COMMAND - dianayu1 - "Does this mean I'll be... alone?" >
    < COMMAND NOT RECOGNIZED >

"May your dreams come true and victory always lie around the bend! Go at it, Dia!!"
    Last edited by Gef; 05-28-2017 at 09:51 AM.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

A bit of an unorthodox sign up form. I'd have rather you posted the story element parts in the actual RP but it looks like you filled out the entire form in the process so either way, accepted.
    / / / / / / / /

Err, I suppose it could be called a "story" but it's more so intended to offer further insight into Dia's personality, as well as somewhat justify her situation, prior to the actual in-character events. Nevertheless, I appreciate the acceptance.