Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I kinda like Born's idea.
    Or maybe there's the points the Judges give out, and then there are secondary points that are Participated Points, dispensed whenever someone enters and completes a round. There can be a Team given 'Most Active' and a member given 'Most Active' for participating in rounds. Maybe the other things Born suggested could be stuff the members vote on, to get a bit more activity from them>

2. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

I figured participation would be counted up at the end of the 4 weeks, since the judges are required to give feedback/points to all entries, every completed entry would be listed in their end-of-week point giving post. With all the entries in one place it would be easy to count them up.

I like the idea of the team awards though, it would really help build team spirit.

VPP

Senior Moderator

@Born: The main purpose of GWEA is to enjoy the Pokemon TV show from episode one on up to today, but I thought a trivia quiz would allow this to have a competitive aspect to include it in PXFIRE.

As far as cheating goes, I would spell out what cheating is before starting an episode (no looking it up in your games or on Google)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I kinda like Born's idea.
    Or maybe there's the points the Judges give out, and then there are secondary points that are Participated Points, dispensed whenever someone enters and completes a round. There can be a Team given 'Most Active' and a member given 'Most Active' for participating in rounds. Maybe the other things Born suggested could be stuff the members vote on, to get a bit more activity from them>
    I'm fine with either option. They're both viable, honestly. I do have a slight preference toward the teams themselves being in charge of Participation Points though. I'd feel pretty awesome if I knew my team leader(s) and members were paying close attention to my efforts. It makes you feel at home rather than just being apart of a team for event purposes. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    I figured participation would be counted up at the end of the 4 weeks, since the judges are required to give feedback/points to all entries, every completed entry would be listed in their end-of-week point giving post. With all the entries in one place it would be easy to count them up.

I like the idea of the team awards though, it would really help build team spirit.
    You're right. It would definitely help build team spirit, which is an important factor in a team-based event.

I'm fine with either option though! I'm just spewing some suggestions. xD

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Born: The main purpose of GWEA is to enjoy the Pokemon TV show from episode one on up to today, but I thought a trivia quiz would allow this to have a competitive aspect to include it in PXFIRE.

As far as cheating goes, I would spell out what cheating is before starting an episode (no looking it up in your games or on Google)
    Awesome. Well, if you can figure out a viable way to execute GWEA, I'm all for it!
    τι ζωή

Senior Moderator

@Born:

Another idea would be to riff on the episodes a la Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the funniest jokes get points. (this would especially work well with the old episodes and cheesy dubbing)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

@Born:

Another idea would be to riff on the episodes a la Mystery Science Theater 3000, and the funniest jokes get points. (this would especially work well with the old episodes and cheesy dubbing)
    I like that idea. It's fair and creative. xD
    τι ζωή

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

@Born:

I think you'd have better luck with something like this than to do trivia. Let's face it, there's a lot of mock-worthy material to work with when it comes to the anime. That and unfortunately, it's pretty easy to cheat with trivia...

9. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Senior Moderator

I think I'll take the MST3K route for GWEA--hopefully it will stand out from all the puzzles and trivia games.

Senior Moderator

I think i will incorporate my SD! Event into Crossfire. I was gonna do a Whirl Cup. It is that Water Pokemon only event that took place in the Orange Islands arc of the Pokemon anime. Instead of doing a bunch of random themed matches, why not just do an entire Theme for the Showdown section of PXF.

Maybe not the Whirl Cup, because it is the polar opposite of CrossFIRE lol
    I only have one problem...I don't know anyone that knows how to make those awesome logos that places like Smogon and UCL use. A small problem, a very trivial problem lol

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Fire View Post
    I think i will incorporate my SD! Event into Crossfire. I was gonna do a Whirl Cup. It is that Water Pokemon only event that took place in the Orange Islands arc of the Pokemon anime. Instead of doing a bunch of random themed matches, why not just do an entire Theme for the Showdown section of PXF.

Maybe not the Whirl Cup, because it is the polar opposite of CrossFIRE lol
    I only have one problem...I don't know anyone that knows how to make those awesome logos that places like Smogon and UCL use. A small problem, a very trivial problem lol
    It'll be up to the judge to decide the themes for the main events, so you'll have to apply for that first haha. A whirl cup idea is cool for one challenge, but I think it'd be best to do something different every week. I'd definitely do at least one random week using challenge cup rules (or whatever they call it these days) cos that way people who aren't good at/don't like team building can still join in! But yeah xD
    GCEA