Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar

They're besties already

@Suicune's Fire
    @Noblejanobii

2. This post has been liked by:

A bit of backstory, a bit of new trouble arriving to get the two of them moving again after a short break

@Suicune's Fire
    @Noblejanobii

4. This post has been liked by:

Double update cause there was none last week

@Suicune's Fire
    @Noblejanobii

6. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Uh-oh, how are they gonna get out of this one!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

OKAY. So 1. I'm so sorry for dropping off the radar for months. I've just caught up and I'm loving it! Wanted to point out a few things:

Firstly, I love the new style with coloured outlines! It looks smooth and really good. You're also improving heaps at drawing! O: It's so awesome to see how far you've come. I loved the way you drew Hako-o (P.S. He was adorable, dropping the scarf XD). I also love that Ral's mum is a machamp! XD So funny! Grey's reaction was hilarious too. So interesting that Ral is adopted as well. I did not see that coming, though it does make sense as to why he's partial to physical moves. He'll make a great gallade, should he finally choose to evolve! xD Also I didn't realise that Gengar was his dad...I must have forgotten that detail! Also interesting that Gengar used to have a human.

Ral and Grey are soooo tiny. I keep seeing them compared to other pokemon or even items like the pidgeot's carry bag, and omg they're miniature. XD So cute and smol. Also lol a number of things that have been said have made me laugh, like when they were being carried by the pidgeot and Ral's like "Um be careful. We're not mail." XD

Anyway, wow, there are so many snapped pokemon here. O: I didn't realise it was a dungeon either. I loved when Grey was like "Every hallway leads to a broom closet!" XD But yeah, that lucario (who was really well drawn btw!) was super intriguing. I wonder what's going to happen Grey and Ral now that they're surrounded. o.o Maybe one of them will use teleport? Who knows. Anyway, I'm looking forward to finding out! I'm glad to be all caught up again. Keep up the awesome work. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Uh-oh, how are they gonna get out of this one!
    By winning ofcourse and proving how good of a team they form in combat after only two days of being together!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    OKAY. So 1. I'm so sorry for dropping off the radar for months. I've just caught up and I'm loving it! Wanted to point out a few things:

Firstly, I love the new style with coloured outlines! It looks smooth and really good. You're also improving heaps at drawing! O: It's so awesome to see how far you've come. I loved the way you drew Hako-o (P.S. He was adorable, dropping the scarf XD). I also love that Ral's mum is a machamp! XD So funny! Grey's reaction was hilarious too. So interesting that Ral is adopted as well. I did not see that coming, though it does make sense as to why he's partial to physical moves. He'll make a great gallade, should he finally choose to evolve! xD Also I didn't realise that Gengar was his dad...I must have forgotten that detail! Also interesting that Gengar used to have a human.

Ral and Grey are soooo tiny. I keep seeing them compared to other pokemon or even items like the pidgeot's carry bag, and omg they're miniature. XD So cute and smol. Also lol a number of things that have been said have made me laugh, like when they were being carried by the pidgeot and Ral's like "Um be careful. We're not mail." XD

Anyway, wow, there are so many snapped pokemon here. O: I didn't realise it was a dungeon either. I loved when Grey was like "Every hallway leads to a broom closet!" XD But yeah, that lucario (who was really well drawn btw!) was super intriguing. I wonder what's going to happen Grey and Ral now that they're surrounded. o.o Maybe one of them will use teleport? Who knows. Anyway, I'm looking forward to finding out! I'm glad to be all caught up again. Keep up the awesome work. :D
    It's alright, things happen... I didn't miss you or anything T-T

And thank you, I got the idea from comics like tales of elysium where they also do it to some extent and it gives the line art a certain look and feel.
    Bet nobody really saw the adopted thing coming, since I didn't really set it up that much. Would have to reread the earlier chapters to be sure, but some form of a hint got dropped, though it definitly wasn't even a big hint, but more a subtle nudge.
    And
    Spoiler:
    in the current script he doesn't become a gallade
    open at your own discretion as it includes the answer to ralts planned evolution (a bit)
    Eh you can never expect someone to remember everything about a comic, I've read a bunch and probs forgot tons of side details unrelated to the current major plot. And our don purple used to be quite the star before **** went down.

Ral and Grey are like 0.4 meters in height, variations may occur since I'm in no way always making measurements, so in other words they're tiny for a world where most buildings have floors that reach 2 meters high and a lot of pokémon are bigger than them. I like reminding people of the scale in that way.

Again only a little bit of setup before it was explicitly stated to be a dungeon, so no real blame can be had. Buuuuut it's not a lucario gash darnit! xD You're the second one that calls her a lucario, while I drew a riolu T-T, she'd have to be the worlds tiniest lucario.
    I'd like to say they've had worse, but that's not the case. And I know the outcome! Already got it written down even so it's not going to change on a whim... that much
    Fun fact we're a few months away from a year worth of updating the comic on smackjeeves without a hiatus... though not on these forums yet ^^'
    Last edited by arnisd; 01-13-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arnisd View Post
    It's alright, things happen... I didn't miss you or anything T-T

And thank you, I got the idea from comics like tales of elysium where they also do it to some extent and it gives the line art a certain look and feel.
    Bet nobody really saw the adopted thing coming, since I didn't really set it up that much. Would have to reread the earlier chapters to be sure, but some form of a hint got dropped, though it definitly wasn't even a big hint, but more a subtle nudge.
    And
    Spoiler:
    in the current script he doesn't become a gallade
    open at your own discretion as it includes the answer to ralts planned evolution (a bit)
    Eh you can never expect someone to remember everything about a comic, I've read a bunch and probs forgot tons of side details unrelated to the current major plot. And our don purple used to be quite the star before **** went down.

Ral and Grey are like 0.4 meters in height, variations may occur since I'm in no way always making measurements, so in other words they're tiny for a world where most buildings have floors that reach 2 meters high and a lot of pokémon are bigger than them. I like reminding people of the scale in that way.

Again only a little bit of setup before it was explicitly stated to be a dungeon, so no real blame can be had. Buuuuut it's not a lucario gash darnit! xD You're the second one that calls her a lucario, while I drew a riolu T-T, she'd have to be the worlds tiniest lucario.
    I'd like to say they've had worse, but that's not the case. And I know the outcome! Already got it written down even so it's not going to change on a whim... that much
    Fun fact we're a few months away from a year worth of updating the comic on smackjeeves without a hiatus... though not on these forums yet ^^'
    N'aw, I didn't miss you or anything either. ;) XD

Ooh yes, what a good comic that is! I think it's really effective!

Yeah, I like little surprises like that. :D Your comic has a lot of layers which others can sometimes lack. You seem to have really fleshed out your characters which is awesome. ^-^ And oooh, interesting about the spoiler! O:

I like that you draw them so tiny because I think a lot of comics forget about height differences. But yeah it is cool to see the scale since most of the time we'd imagine it in game.

OH NO I'M SORRY!!! I went back and had a look and now I see that she's a riolu! xD The tail, the round silver plates on the hands instead of spikes...duh! I think it was the panel with the open maw with teeth was what threw me off since riolu are normally drawn with simple round faces. I love the way you drew her though. *v* And yes, true, she is standing on a chair so that'd make her tiny if she was a lucario. xD In the next panel when she's walking though, she looks tallish. But hey, at least it's still in the same evolution chain! xD

Haha awesome. Question, how much of the comic do you have planned? O: I often wonder how far people plan ahead. Some people are pretty fine with having a loose outline and rolling with it, but I get the feeling you have a lot of solid plans. O:

Aw that's good then! :D Go you! And that's okay, haha. I'm glad you came to PXR!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    N'aw, I didn't miss you or anything either. ;) XD

Ooh yes, what a good comic that is! I think it's really effective!

Yeah, I like little surprises like that. :D Your comic has a lot of layers which others can sometimes lack. You seem to have really fleshed out your characters which is awesome. ^-^ And oooh, interesting about the spoiler! O:

I like that you draw them so tiny because I think a lot of comics forget about height differences. But yeah it is cool to see the scale since most of the time we'd imagine it in game.

OH NO I'M SORRY!!! I went back and had a look and now I see that she's a riolu! xD The tail, the round silver plates on the hands instead of spikes...duh! I think it was the panel with the open maw with teeth was what threw me off since riolu are normally drawn with simple round faces. I love the way you drew her though. *v* And yes, true, she is standing on a chair so that'd make her tiny if she was a lucario. xD In the next panel when she's walking though, she looks tallish. But hey, at least it's still in the same evolution chain! xD

Haha awesome. Question, how much of the comic do you have planned? O: I often wonder how far people plan ahead. Some people are pretty fine with having a loose outline and rolling with it, but I get the feeling you have a lot of solid plans. O:

Aw that's good then! :D Go you! And that's okay, haha. I'm glad you came to PXR!
    They're fleshed out? I mean ofcourse they are hahaha.... joking aside, been trying to think of backgrounds for most major characters already introduced or still to be. Other than that the world doesn't only revolve around them and stuff happens that they're not even aware of but will come into contact with eventually. Though I am trying to dial back on the exposition drops... especially for Ral since he's been doing most of them and make some smaller refs to the world around works as well eh still really learning from all of it.

The original pmd games with sprites made scaling so weird, some sprites really didn't differ that much in size as everything needed to fit.
    And went back as well and she does look tallish, should have moved her closer to the screen.

Well I looked through my small notebook in my cellphone and my script word doc and at the moment 14 chapters have been given love with details (14 including the ones already out), amount of details vary and these range from just single words and lines I can associate images and conversations with to lines of dialogue. So there's definitly room for expansion and editing. The ending is not entirely planned out since I'm struggling to pick one of two options of potential events before the final happening, which would influence things to incredibly different paths. That said some things happening at the end are already set in stone it's just the things leading up and around them.... But we're not there yet, I still got time and the split won't come up till like chapter 12, I can send you a spoiler in pm if interested

Turns out fire would have been more effective than grass, just saying

@Suicune's Fire
    @Noblejanobii

13. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by arnisd View Post
    They're fleshed out? I mean ofcourse they are hahaha.... joking aside, been trying to think of backgrounds for most major characters already introduced or still to be. Other than that the world doesn't only revolve around them and stuff happens that they're not even aware of but will come into contact with eventually. Though I am trying to dial back on the exposition drops... especially for Ral since he's been doing most of them and make some smaller refs to the world around works as well eh still really learning from all of it.

The original pmd games with sprites made scaling so weird, some sprites really didn't differ that much in size as everything needed to fit.
    And went back as well and she does look tallish, should have moved her closer to the screen.

Well I looked through my small notebook in my cellphone and my script word doc and at the moment 14 chapters have been given love with details (14 including the ones already out), amount of details vary and these range from just single words and lines I can associate images and conversations with to lines of dialogue. So there's definitly room for expansion and editing. The ending is not entirely planned out since I'm struggling to pick one of two options of potential events before the final happening, which would influence things to incredibly different paths. That said some things happening at the end are already set in stone it's just the things leading up and around them.... But we're not there yet, I still got time and the split won't come up till like chapter 12, I can send you a spoiler in pm if interested
    Yes, they seem like it anyway! xD Yeah that's completely true. I think exposition can be important, but yeah, you've done it pretty well so far. It's hard to squeeze it in without feeling like you're shoving it down people's throats. I know the feels, haha.

Exactly! So it's interesting to see them at a more realistic scale. xD Haha that's okay.

That sounds like a great way to plan. :) Yeah for sure. I mean, endings you can flesh out along the way without too much issue usually. Sometimes it takes a different route to how you expect, too! My stories used to do that all the time haha. Ooh I prefer not to be spoiled but if you ever need help with anything, feel free to shoot a PM my way! :D

--

Good plan, Ral! But hahaha Grey...you have a lot of work to do with your attacks. xD I love the way you portray his failure to be a pokemon, by the way. It would totally happen that way! Not being used to your new body and failing to produce the right moves. xD Love it. Hope it works out!