Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar

Steel's Occasionally Strange Art Thread

Morning everyone.

I've been getting back into drawing pokemon lately for some reason, and since I've been hanging out here more, I figured I'd go ahead and set up shop here. I'll just go ahead and put my newest one up here, out of spoiler, and then drop a couple old ones around for good measure. I'm opening one of those Daily Ask a Pokemon Tumblrs that I'm getting so tired of seeing on my dash lately, plus a couple one off comic pages, so keep an eye out for that.

So here's what I just finished tonight- Aight, I lied, the image is massive so I'm spoilering it. Here's what I finished tonight...
    Spoiler:

This is Steel, and his buddy Gold. I'mma open by saying my username is named after him- Not the other way around. Anyway, these two are part of a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story I've got floating around in my head, Team Corona. This drawing started as a quick sketch, ended up as a lighting experiment, digital art practice and a new avatar for good measure.

Moving on to some older stuff...
    Spoiler:

This one ain't pokemon, it's Puzzle and Dragon apparently, but, Quiri's a cutie, so I'm posting her here anyway

You'll notice a lot of these are just unshaded pencil sketches. That's pretty much because it's all I have on this computer that I'm willing to post. I was bad at coloring. Probably still am. Have Gold and Platinum. They used to be Leader and Partner in a team.

Perspective practice, now featuring edgy but cute monster boys:

I'm already out of pokemon pictures sitting around on my computer. Sorry. Have some sass to compensate.

That's what I've got. You kids have a nice day, now.
    "You kids have a nice day."

AWESOME picture, dude! I love the lighting. :D And the characters seem really cool. :3 I like your style. The sketches are great too. Nice job with the perspective drawing! I have issues with perspective. It's so hard to do right. xD But you've done well. :3

I look forward to more! I'm wondering why you created a second thread though. XD But 's aaaalllll good.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    AWESOME picture, dude! I love the lighting. :D And the characters seem really cool. :3 I like your style. The sketches are great too. Nice job with the perspective drawing! I have issues with perspective. It's so hard to do right. xD But you've done well. :3

I look forward to more! I'm wondering why you created a second thread though. XD But 's aaaalllll good.
    Well, the idea of the second one was that it wasn't mine, it was for whoever doesn't have a thread or doesn't really want to clutter up their current one with a quick sketch could post there, but it never really took off, so whatever.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow that first one looks great coloured! I like the lighting from Charizard's tail! That little dragon sketch is adorable <3
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I like that Charizard and Buizel picture! It's got a cool, colorful, and spunky style to it. Plus I like how you did the glow effect from the fire tail.

I think the only thing missing from it is giving the two of them shadows on the floor, especially considering the fire tail is the dominant source of light in the room, would definitely help enhance the picture. Everything else about it is pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Lunpara View Post
    Well, the idea of the second one was that it wasn't mine, it was for whoever doesn't have a thread or doesn't really want to clutter up their current one with a quick sketch could post there, but it never really took off, so whatever.
    Oh really? I thought it was just a thread for your art. XD Oops. Maybe everyone else thought the same.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    We did have a general thread where everyone could post random artwork, but it didn't see much use so it was unstickied. :c

Nice drawing, though! I'll second what Neo said and suggest a couple of shadows on the ground would help us get a better feel of that light source you've got going with Charizard's tail. Otherwise nicely done. And good sketches, too. c:

Draw with dark lines, do it on card stock, and, uh, maybe actually draw backgrounds and shade your stuff? I'm a lot better at drawing with a pencil and paper, so I just kind of thought: "If I'm so much better at it, why not just do it?" I was worried the scanner washing out my shading and making it look all harshly hatched like that would be bad, but I'm honestly kind of digging how this turned out.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I agree, the shading style looks really cool! So you drew it and shaded it on paper and then coloured on the computer? Looks great! :D Love the background and the pose!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I really like your use of perspective on the ship and buizel! It looks great! I especially like how gruff the buizel looks.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire