I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

The Jacob Reed Chronicles.

An Explanation
    Four years ago, Gotta Catch 'Em All Ruby, Sapphire and soon after Emerald began on PXR. I hadn't been involved with the pe2k variant so this was new to me. I created a character but felt lazy so made him a carbon copy of myself. I still remember the day the role play opened, and it being very late that night for me. I stayed awake until some stupid hour on a school night, on my phone, making posts, and ended up being the cause of no more than three posts each between GM posts.

However there was a period of the time at the start where I'd have Jacob in the roleplay act the way I would... Except it'd always get him into trouble, even when it was something that shouldn't have. in the first two or three months, Jacob had earned the reputation of being the loose cannon of the group, and the center of a lot of conflict. I decided to embrace that, by creating a back story and reason to it, and basing his actions around this. That was four years ago and a lot has happened.

Every few months there is a short story competition that I attempt to enter every time. I enjoy them because it allows me to build and develop his character. A few weeks back, I decided I'd compile them all together, to allow people to see both the development in his character and development in my writing. Note: I changed some details from stories to fit continuity as there were things in early ones that didn't make sense.

Chronological Story Order.
    Timeline 1
    Jacob Reed was born in Lilycove City to Mason and Elizabeth Reed. Whilst things seemed normal to the outside, in the next two to three years their marriage broke down, resulting in Elizabeth leaving without a trace, not to be seen for nearly sixteen years.

During his early teenage years, Jacob started to display signs that there was something wrong. He was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Because of this his attendance at school suffered. It took a few years before Jacob was well enough to return to school and cease counseling and medication, though there were still a few signs such as his impulsive and reckless nature. He returned to school fully in Year Eleven, however due to his absence and attitudes, didn't have many friends.

Journal Entry About a Misadventure during Exam Revision

The day after he finished his exams, Jacob was invited to a party to celebrate that didn't end up going to plan. He lost one friend, but gained another.

Party
    When Date's Go Wrong

Because of his absence from school, Jacob's father knew that he'd struggle to find work or get into university, so lined up an internship with a weather research facility called CYCLONE, however was anxious that Jacob might be a danger to himself and those around him, so made an appointment to be evaluated by his old psychiatrist, Dr. Palmer.

A Second Chance

Jacob spent the next six months participating in the CYCLONE internship, and at the end of that began his journey across Hoenn.

GCEA Ruby Role Play
    The adventure began with a rough start, with Jacob and the team leader Magnus not seeing eye to eye. However things truly became difficult upon reaching Rustboro City. A group of extremists, dedicated to increasing landmass unleashed the Legendary Pokemon Groudon upon the city. During the chaos that followed, Jacob attempted to buy time to escape, by rigging a car to explode. However this didn't distract or slow Groudon, instead just irritating it, and causing it to level a skyscraper, as well as injuring a fellow member of the team in the explosion. Magnus' reaction to this caused a divide in Team Ruby, causing Jacob to leave, and seek refuge with Team Magma to escape the city.

Team Ruby eventually tracked him down, and in they managed to make peace, and fight off Team Magma.

The team made their way to Dewford Town next, where they soon found themselves involved in a conflict with a group known as Team Aqua, hellbent on raising the seas. The group was separated, but managed to regroup, with the exception of one of their members who was taken hostage by the head of Team Aqua, an individual known as Archie.

During this time, Magnus temporarily stepped down from heading Team Ruby, and was replaced by Scope, a medic from CYCLONE. The group made there way towards Mauville City. On the way, Jacob was lead by Team Magma to an abandoned research facility, where he found a unique stone. Upon touching the stone, Jacob saw a vision of the future which was overrun by vicious shadow Pokemon, and Magnus was killed by an infect Legendary Pokemon known as Deoxys, before Jacob himself was killed. Ever since then, Jacob was plagued by hallucinations of Deoxys, and visions of the future.

The group made there way to Mauville City, which was in a state of panic. The tunnels underneath the city had been overrun by Shadow Pokemon, with the source of the infection being down there. It was at this point that Jacob met his mother for the first time in sixteen years, though she didn't recognize him. The team made there way into the tunnels to get rid of it, and succeeded, however their survival, as well as that of the town, was paid for with Scope's life.

Magnus rejoined the group, and they attempted to continue their journey, however the group soon split up and disbanded. It was around this time where two timelines began to blend. His own timeline was being erased, and memories of that disappearing, being replaced with a new timeline. This manifested in the world causing seemingly random destruction, of which nobody could remember the source. Jacob returned home to Lilycove to find his home destroyed, and his father killed in the destruction. With nowhere else to go, Jacob returned to Mauville where he met and confronted his mother.

He discovered that his parents marriage was failing, and that she had an affair with a man named Noah Fisher, who was now her husband. Her and Noah left Lilycove suddenly due to her unexpected pregnancy with her daughter, Jacob's half-sister, Laura. Together they had two other children, Jamie and Melody, none of which were aware that they had an older brother.

Whilst he figured out where to go from there, Jacob moved in with Noah and Elizabeth, trying to become used to normal family life, whilst the rest of his family attempted to adjust to the new addition to their household.

Family Misadventures
    The Younger Generation
    Fake Date
    Misunderstanding

Jacob stayed in Mauville for six months, continually having hallucinations of Deoxys and visions of a group of trainers called Team Emerald. He spent this time trying to find some lead as to where to find them, and when he did, left Mauville with a moments notice, meeting them at Meteor Falls, as well as Brettles, a teammate from Team Ruby.

GCEA Delta Emerald

Within his first day or two of being with Team Emerald, Jacob got a call from Laura, who had just found a stone similar to Jacob's showing the both of them a vision that took place directly after the first, showing Jacob being killed by Shadow Deoxys. Laura then began experiencing hallucinations of Deoxys as well. Jacob was also contacted by a member of Team Sapphire, Dash, a team that ran alongside Team Ruby, requesting that they meet to exchange information in Mauville.

Jacob flew home almost instantly, helping Laura understand what had happened to her, then the next day meeting with Dash, and learning about what had happened to himself and Laura. Jacob decided that Laura should come with them, as she was now involved because of the stone. However Laura refused to leave without first tracking down her Espeon that was taken from her.

They left, and managed to track down the group of drug addicted Team Magma members that took Espeon. They met up with the rest of the group, and laid siege to the weather institute that Team Magma were seeking refuge in. Laura soon returned home with her Espeon to help it recover, with the intention of returning to the group when they could.

The group traveled through Fortree city, and found an experimental facility ran by the cult behind the shadow pokemon. There they found the body of a Team Ruby member, and Brettles found a stone, causing him to hallucinate and see Deoxys, and giving him a vision of his own death, prior to Magnus and Jacob being killed.

The group were attacked by the Shadow Cult, and narrowly escaped, making their way back to Mt Pyre. However Jacob and Brettles close friendship started to die, due to their views on the Deoxys situation. Jacob believed Deoxys was too dangerous to be kept alive, whilst Brettles believed it could be tamed. This rift between them extended to other team members, eventually causing Jacob to leave, and attempt to find his own path.

During this time, he met a strange person known only as L who caused him to have certain dream-like experiences, to help him understand his own emotions and reasoning, and to make peace with the rest of his team. L soon revealed himself to be the Legendary Pokemon Latios. They went their separate ways, and Jacob met up with Team Emerald in Lilycove City. They met with Archie, the leader of Team Aqua, who had recently been mutinied by his second in commands. They joined forces to raid the base, and take down Matt and Shelly, and help Archie regain control of Team Aqua, in doing so, creating an alliance for the battle to come.

During this raid, Jacob was approached by the Legendary Pokemon Celebi, who requested his help in stopping an enemy who used time travel to kill others. She took him to a plane of existence outside of his own, where Lugia lived. There Jacob was trained in the body and mind, and was given the opportunity to craft his own weapon, before going with Celebi to finish their mission. Once this was over, he was returned to his own world to rejoin the group.

Seven Days Of Hell

Jacob rejoined the group, and they crossed the ocean and travelled to Mossdeep City, where Jacob, Joseph and Clea (members of Team Emerald) met up with Laura and Dash, who had found the fourth of the five DNA stones that made up Deoxys. They spoke about it briefly, and Dash accidentally touched his stone, sealing his fate as one of the five.

Meanwhile Brettles and Lucian (the leader of Team Emerald) went to a holy place of the ancient Sea Tribe. However Brettles stone in this place reacted, causing the three in Mossdeep City with Jacob, Laura and Dash to react, manifesting Deoxys in physical form, capable of damage, though invisible to all but them three.

The battle that followed resulted in destruction and the deaths of over a thousand people. The team battled the gym, before moving on to Sootopoolis and battling the Gym there.

And now we are at the present time of GCEA, but there is still more...

There are multiple timelines of what happens after GCEA in the Jacob stories.
    Timeline 1
    The first timeline, Team Emerald are successful in stopping the Shadow Crisis, however it comes at a great cost, with Jacob being forced to do terrible things in order to survive and save Hoenn. He enters a self imposed exile, for the purposes of tracking down a Pokemon capable of changing things, and to hide from the consequences of his actions. As of this moment, this isn't the timeline that will continue (though I am still needing to write a reason for that, but am waiting for certain events to play out in the GCEA role play.

Life After Death
    Interrogation
    To Be Ruthless
    To Become A Legend

Timeline 2
    The second timeline is the one that will actually be followed for the six years after GCEA finishes, however ends with the end of Fighting Fate.

A Reason To Change
    Fighting Fate (Content/Trigger Warning: Language, Violence, Torture and Suicide)

Timeline 3
    The third timeline is the current timeline. The first six years are identical to Timeline 2, however from that point onwards it is changed due to events being changed, allowing for a different future. This timeline currently extends to twenty years after the roleplay finishes, however has room to go further.

The Reason

And that is it. That is the life of Jacob Reed. I will in the next few days create another list with just the stories in the order I wrote them, as well as what I want to add to this, but for now, I need sleep...
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 05-30-2017 at 01:30 AM.