Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shalom I'm new!

Shalom I'm new!

Hi! My name is Kfir (pronounced K-fir), celebrating 27 next month, reside in Jerusalem, Israel, and am of Sephardic-Jewish descent.
    I came here after leaving Azurriland because of their pro-Palestinian crap, and I do hope this forum is more tolerant to Israelis!
    I mostly play main-series games and competitively, and I breed too.
    I'm also (at least to an extent) a Metalhead since I was a teenager; sadly, Metalheads and competitive Pokémon players are rare here, and being both I do feel like a fish out of water sometimes.
    In short, I hope to battle, trade, chat and meet some new people! Nice to meet you!
    Last edited by Froslass; 06-02-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hey Kfir, welcome to PXR!

We actually don't get mixed in with the whole Palestinian and Israeli thing, everyone is welcome here and we have people from all over the world hanging out around PXR. It's a great, friendly, and awesome community!

And hey, I like metal music also! Sabaton and Black Majesty are definitely my favorites, but there's definitely a bunch of others that are great as well. And I've been into Pokémon for ages. I wouldn't be surprised if it clings to me for life. XD

Anyway, hope you enjoy it here! :D

Thanks a mill! I tried like 50 music shops here and couldn't get Widow's weeds and Beyond the veil (Tristania's first and second albums), hopefully my uncle (who resides in Canada for more than 20 years now) will be able to get them to me; are you into Gothic Metal too?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Froslass View Post
    Thanks a mill! I tried like 50 music shops here and couldn't get Widow's weeds and Beyond the veil (Tristania's first and second albums), hopefully my uncle (who resides in Canada for more than 20 years now) will be able to get them to me; are you into Gothic Metal too?
    No prob!

And YES! Within Temptation, Nightwish, and Xandria have a special spot in my heart, too. >:3 I'm more of a power metal guy, but my goodness, those are awesomesauce, also! :D

Nightwish (the first band I listened to) and Xandria are both symphonic-power, and I do like power to especially think combo and these two bands!
    So think thread turned into a Metal topic lol!

Administrator

Nice to meet you, Kfir! Welcome to PXR!

As Neo said, we are a very friendly community! We have people here from all over the world.

As a teenager I loved getting into that kind of music too. I started out with Linkin Park. I was introduced to Nightwish, Within Temptation, and a good few more!

I've tried training more competitively myself. I think the Ditto I have isn't fully 6IVs after doing calculations. By 6IVs I mean each stat at 31. Even if the judge says each stat is outstanding and the judge on Sun/Moon shows it's maxed. Doing the test with calculations only one or 2 stats come out to 31. I'd like to work on it a bit more, but I've been working more on getting the event Ash Pikachu lately myself.

While I do still love the main series games. My personal favorite is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series. Explorers of Sky being my favorite :)

Anyway, it's nice to meet you Kfir! I hope you find this place a great new home to you. If you have any questions or just wanna talk, feel free to contact any of us!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    What's up? Metal is a great genre. :D

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Thanks everyone! It also seems most people here are young adults like me, which is nice as a lot of people think Pokémon is for kids.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Shalom! Ah man it's been so long since I've encountered anyone from Israel. I used to be able to speak Hebrew but I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty. But yes, to affirm what the others have said, we tend to not get involved in conflicts here. We have a section for it but generally serious discussions such as that don't occur here. I'm sorry to hear that something like that happened to you though.

Sadly it seems like we don't have much in common interest wise beyond the topic of Pokémon itself. I've never been much of a metal fan though I've dabbled with Linkin Park if that counts for anything. And I'm not as much of a competitive battler or breeder as I used to be (college does that to ya). Personally I've always preferred side games, with Pokémon Conquest being my favorite game!

Still I hope we can be friends! If you have any questions feel free to come to me and I hope to see you around the forum!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Welcome to PXR! It's always a joy to see a new face. We're a friendly bunch and we're excited that you'll be apart of the family. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I'll be seeing you around!

Oh, and I'm Born.
    τι ζωή