Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    To be fair, with the time limitation between posts, I doubt we'd get far enough in to get to a point when arceus even would show up :P

Darn it Neo, I'd already started thinking up a cool Racing Weavile character. Now I have to choose! Wings or wheels... (unless I can have multiple characters)

VPP

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Darn it Neo, I'd already started thinking up a cool Racing Weavile character. Now I have to choose! Wings or wheels... (unless I can have multiple characters)

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    I'm digging this new plot! Is there any room for some sort of footrace with a deadly obstacle course? Spiked pits and sudden flame jets to jump over, falling ceilings to outrun, etc. Whoever gets out the fastest - or, y'know, alive - wins! Probably the sort of sport they run to get people warmed up for more carnage. XD

Either way, Operation Dumpster Lizard (aka: my Helioptile) is most definitely go.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    I'm digging this new plot! Is there any room for some sort of footrace with a deadly obstacle course? Spiked pits and sudden flame jets to jump over, falling ceilings to outrun, etc. Whoever gets out the fastest - or, y'know, alive - wins! Probably the sort of sport they run to get people warmed up for more carnage. XD

Either way, Operation Dumpster Lizard (aka: my Helioptile) is most definitely go.
    We can totally do this! Sounds like fun! Well, not for those taking part in it!

Also, some updates!

An aerial combat and racing event (Heavens of Fire) is being added for you flyboys! I'm also adding a naval combat event called the Devil's Tide. And I'll be adding that lovely suggestion Velocity came up with! So many events to win, and yet... so many different ways to die too. XD

As a VERY important note, you do NOT have to go cheap with the way your character enters these events. You wouldn't want to. Your team starts the RP with a big enough budget for your character to have some pretty nifty combat toys, vehicles, and such to work with. In events where it's possible for Pokémon to have a team, you will have NPCs under your team's alliance helping you out. Your team's member base and budget is more than enough to afford them.

Black Lotus and the three teams that are involved in PXRFIRE aren't the only ones taking part in the events (although you are some of the richest and most well prepared). Other minor NPC factions will be participating, whether they're fighting on behalf of some kind of mafia, rebellion group, or even a business corporation. Their gear and vehicles will be considerable, though it varies. And then some of the NPCs you'll be fighting against in the RP will be on the poor and impoverished side and will need to go cheap with their weaponry and vehicles and may be fighting alone under only their own name. For example, the Heavens of Fire event allows entrants to use fragile flying Pokémon, but that does not have to be you. You wouldn't want it to be you. But you will come across many characters who will be broke nobodies in the mix and may only have that and a few small firearms as their entry gear. But you never know what to expect from entrants who don't have much left to lose...

Arceus is officially being dropped. Involvement from the legendaries is expected to be little to none in this. I'm not going to say it's impossible, but you'd be pretty hard-pressed to get them involved in this mess when they feel much safer just keeping away from it all. This will prevent people from saying "hey, let's just call in Kyogre and flood the planet!" Uh huh. Nope. It'll be like trying to pull Sean Connery out of retirement.

The Plates are officially be replaced with Blaze Jewels. "Common" Blaze Jewels are the things that allow your Pokémon character to change their typing, such as a Raichu using a Fire Blaze Jewel to become a fire type and use any type move they'd like. Even something like Sacred Fire which is usually exclusive to Ho-oh. Said Raichu could still use electric-type moves, but as a fire type Pokémon, they wouldn't have as much power as before. Also, said Raichu would look more like a fire type with reddish/orange fur and maybe a flame tail rather than one with a thunderbolt-shaped tip. With Blaze Jewels, you only need to have it near you (about one meter within) to use it. So even if you're a Pokémon that needs to walk around on all fours, like Umbreon or Luxio, you can still wear it in a pouch or as jewelry to make use of it. Also, you can take off the effect at any time in an instant.

In the world of Xia, Blaze Jewels are rare, but not too rare. They're common enough for your character to start with one, but not to the point where everyone and their mother is walking around with dozens of them. Think of it like owning a car. They're also spherical and are about the size of a golf ball and are colored to whatever type they change, such as a fire one being red and an electric one being yellow. They're also perfectly legal to use in these Tempest Festival events, and you will see NPCs using them. You can get others besides the one you start off with. It's not against the rules to pick one up from a dead Pokémon in the middle of an event!

The "Master Blaze Jewel" is what's the new grand prize of the Tempest Festival. It's about the same size as the others, but it has a pretty powerful white-silver color and it glows brighter than the others. A lot of Pokémon, even many Black Lotus Pokémon, believe this Master Blaze Jewel is the only one that's different from the more common variants. Heh, heh, no. There are other "Master-Level Blaze Jewels" out there that bestow some pretty wild powers, but... that's for a later time, my friends! Now between these and the mysterious force of Ante, there could be a powerful link that Queen Taiya and Black Lotus want to exploit. Trust me, I have more than enough "idea toys" to keep this storyline going into the wild blue yonder.

Teams will be directly incorporated into the storyline and the map setting. But I kind of need to see what kinds of teams get created first before I do this. I'm planning out and building the map at the moment, but as I see teams get created and what kind of shape and form they're taking on, I'll make nice little places on the map that they'll feel cozy and be right at home with that will share the culture and theme of that team. Technically, you'll still be on Black Lotus's land, but that's in name only. The NPC Pokémon in those towns/areas will be your friends, NPC allies, and don't recognize themselves as being Black Lotus in the slightest. Already Black Lotus is hard-pressed to collect taxes from you and your NPC friends and in most cases, the situation between these areas and Black Lotus wavers on the brink of revolution.

Administrator

I'm curious. Are there going to be traps in events? Ones that do things to distract or take a member out or weaken them for a short time or something? Just a simple event to something to keep things interesting so it's not just one-way or back and forth. It could be something completely wacky even to just temporarily keep the one affected by the trap distracted or out until the effects wear off.

Also I'm liking the ideas of the Blaze Jewels. So if it's just near them within rage it's "active" or can they choose when to have it active or not. Like a surprise? Is one the max per user or can there be a tool (like the jewels themselves) that are very rare and can meld two jewels powers together so it gives powers of both types. Like a "Jewel Fusion Band" the user wears and inserts both into each slot so that both converge into the users power. Like the Electric and Water jewel could be insert into a Rock type's band to give them the powers of and Electric and Water type both. You may already have it set where you can be all of the above if they just have the types. I'm just throwing out more ideas is all xD

Still loving how it's looking so far.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Can there be a deadly version of Hide and Seek, or Manhunt? Darkly warping a beloved childhood game may make an... interesting event.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I'm curious. Are there going to be traps in events? Ones that do things to distract or take a member out or weaken them for a short time or something? Just a simple event to something to keep things interesting so it's not just one-way or back and forth. It could be something completely wacky even to just temporarily keep the one affected by the trap distracted or out until the effects wear off.
    It could be a thing! Every event has plenty of nasty surprises, so traps in the other events (not just the one Velocity suggested) could be a thing. Hidden benefits like weapons and armor and maybe even a hidden Blaze Jewel on those battlefields could be a possibility.

Also, I added this note to the actual RP page:

LIST OF TEMPEST FESTIVAL EVENTS

In almost all of these events, victory goes to the last team or individual still alive, though in the past, losers have been able to retreat and flee away from the carnage after the situation looks hopeless to them. There's no punishment or prosecution for running away (besides losing/disqualification) and it's a perfectly acceptable (although humiliating) way to survive, but in most cases, the number of survivors is usually very low.

Expect for NPCs to be dropping like flies in these events, but I totally understand if you don't want your character to be the same way. So, if things are looking grim, bailing out via running/flying away, teleporting, or what have you is possible. It might require some creativity, but it's a possible option. Just note that most participants don't make it out alive, so usually only player-controlled characters will have this kind of safety net available to them. Realistically though, it would make sense for your character to take non-lethal injuries and maybe some of their NPC companions/teammates would be killed in action even if your character escapes from the carnage.

I figure just about everyone would appreciate this safety net rule. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Also I'm liking the ideas of the Blaze Jewels. So if it's just near them within rage it's "active" or can they choose when to have it active or not. Like a surprise? Is one the max per user or can there be a tool (like the jewels themselves) that are very rare and can meld two jewels powers together so it gives powers of both types. Like a "Jewel Fusion Band" the user wears and inserts both into each slot so that both converge into the users power. Like the Electric and Water jewel could be insert into a Rock type's band to give them the powers of and Electric and Water type both. You may already have it set where you can be all of the above if they just have the types. I'm just throwing out more ideas is all xD

Still loving how it's looking so far.
    You can activate it whenever you'd like and turn it off just as fast as long as it's close to you. You are also able to easily hide them and unleash them as a surprise. If you acquire another one, you can keep both of them with you.

Since the world of Pokémon has dual types, you could use two Blaze Jewels at once to become a dual type based on both of the Jewels you're using! So if you use both a Dragon Blaze Jewel and a Fire Blaze Jewel, you're now a fire/dragon type! But that's your limit. If you acquire a third Blaze Jewel, you're going to have to choose two out of the three typings you have available, but not all three. So if you found say an Electric Blaze Jewel on top of what you already have, you could go either fire/dragon, electric/dragon, or fire/electric as far as dual type possibilities go. But you're free to swap among those forms on the fly! And if you acquire a fourth and so on, it's the same kind of thing. Additional Blaze Jewels will just give you more selections as far as your dual typing selection goes. And if you have multiple Blaze Jewels, you still have the option of using only one at a time, also.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Can there be a deadly version of Hide and Seek, or Manhunt? Darkly warping a beloved childhood game may make an... interesting event.
    Well, Blood Pit and Deadly Force kind of cover that already. But if you have a unique way of making it distinctively different, let me know!

Maybe it could work like this?
    There's a stadium with a particular kind of terrain, maybe city or forest. And there are two teams, composed of maybe five players each. Each team is given a 'flag', and before the actual event they're allowed a half hour each to hide their flag.
    Then, the teams need to find the others flags. No matter where a player on the enemy team is, if your team is able to they're allowed to put them in 'Jail' by either badly injuring them, Paralyzing them, putting them to Sleep, Freezing them, using some kind of Taser, any way you can think of. Interrogating a member of the enemy team to find their flag is considered acceptable. Hypnotising them or using Attract to get them to confess is acceptable.
    Perhaps the teams would also be able to use traps, if they bring materials for them ahead of time?

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Maybe it could work like this?
    There's a stadium with a particular kind of terrain, maybe city or forest. And there are two teams, composed of maybe five players each. Each team is given a 'flag', and before the actual event they're allowed a half hour each to hide their flag.
    Then, the teams need to find the others flags. No matter where a player on the enemy team is, if your team is able to they're allowed to put them in 'Jail' by either badly injuring them, Paralyzing them, putting them to Sleep, Freezing them, using some kind of Taser, any way you can think of. Interrogating a member of the enemy team to find their flag is considered acceptable. Hypnotising them or using Attract to get them to confess is acceptable.
    Perhaps the teams would also be able to use traps, if they bring materials for them ahead of time?
    I would say up the team size to about twenty (the audience wants to see way more causalities on the field). And I think it would be more interesting if the teams didn't have that half hour to hide the flag. Instead, the game instantly starts and they need to quickly decide what to do with it as the enemy team is coming. It could also be possible to have one player keep a hold on the flag, but then they risk losing it if they're killed or captured.