Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TEAM B!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I'm guessing it would be like Team Rocket, Magma, Aqua, Galactic, Plasma, Flare, and Skull combined? It sounds funny and interesting, but... how would that work for the RP, though?

Pretty much, we're all grunts from all the different teams come together.

As for the RP, I thought maybe we could be appealing to a neighboring Country (Or as close to neighboring as you can get) to give us refuge from the queen's reign. All of our teams got wiped out when she took over, and us left over grunts just want to get away from it all. But to gain acceptance into the safe country we have to prove our worth in the festival, preferably by winning, though the country was unspecific to what it was looking for.

VPP

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    I like Morzone's idea as a starting point, but I confess that I think it would be more interesting with a general "alliance" sort of theme. Instead of just "a whole bunch of grunts" it would be "a bunch of people from different groups getting together and allying, with probably different but ultimately compatible goals." It would give much more diversity of characters that can play around in that playground while simultaneously sidestepping the whole "what are team rocket et al doing in a Pokémon only world?" thing.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Spook View Post
    I like Morzone's idea as a starting point, but I confess that I think it would be more interesting with a general "alliance" sort of theme. Instead of just "a whole bunch of grunts" it would be "a bunch of people from different groups getting together and allying, with probably different but ultimately compatible goals." It would give much more diversity of characters that can play around in that playground while simultaneously sidestepping the whole "what are team rocket et al doing in a Pokémon only world?" thing.
    Could be like a Pokémon meets Overwatch kind of thing. In Overwatch, you have a team of heroes, but each character is very different from each other. One is a research scientist (Mei), another is a former profession gamer (D.va), and a third is a reawakened assault robot (Bastion). And there's heaps of others. And yet, despite those differences in personalities and skills, they work quite well together.

If you want it to take a more darker route, it could also be like DC's Suicide Squad where a team of villains, thugs, criminals, and assassins are banded together to take on a threat even more dangerous than they are. But like in the Overwatch example, they each have unique but different powers and ability traits.

Could be a cool idea to work with.

5. This post has been liked by:

We'd be like the PXR Squad...lol. Bunch of different types of Pokemon Trainers.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Late to this but I'm definitely going to enter some of the art-related stuff. Maybe roleplaying. I'd say writing but I'm still not sure how to make anything I write SHORT.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Late to this but I'm definitely going to enter some of the art-related stuff. Maybe roleplaying. I'd say writing but I'm still not sure how to make anything I write SHORT.
    As far as writing goes, this might sound weird, but make very touch and go characters. Characters you like, but not the kind you want to sincerely follow come hell or high water. Don't develop them too much, only just for the purpose of a short, quick and dirty story. If you fall in love with them too much, kablam, novel time. Same thing with the setting. Too much lore, background, history, and development and... boom, it's now a novel. You may also need to tone it down with exactly how much time passes and plan on conveying your message to the reader a whole lot sooner. Novels usually cover the passage of time in years, but short stories are usually covering only weeks, days, or even just the passage of time over a few hours if even.

It's like a huge buffet where you can put anything you want on it, but it's a matter of knowing how to be precise and selective with that smaller plate. It's all about those smaller but tasty portions that complement each other nicely and not piling too much on.

And try the roleplay! There are so many different ways you can approach it.

9. This post has been liked by:

Scyther, if you do decide to join the Roleplay, you'll need to Join Death Sook and I one Skype, since we've been planning what we're going to do for the RP as a team.

VPP

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    As far as writing goes, this might sound weird, but make very touch and go characters. Characters you like, but not the kind you want to sincerely follow come hell or high water. Don't develop them too much, only just for the purpose of a short, quick and dirty story. If you fall in love with them too much, kablam, novel time. Same thing with the setting. Too much lore, background, history, and development and... boom, it's now a novel. You may also need to tone it down with exactly how much time passes and plan on conveying your message to the reader a whole lot sooner. Novels usually cover the passage of time in years, but short stories are usually covering only weeks, days, or even just the passage of time over a few hours if even.

It's like a huge buffet where you can put anything you want on it, but it's a matter of knowing how to be precise and selective with that smaller plate. It's all about those smaller but tasty portions that complement each other nicely and not piling too much on.

And try the roleplay! There are so many different ways you can approach it.
    That does make a lot of sense! I should save this for future reference. XD Depending on how busy I am, I might give writing a shot.

As for the roleplay, I'm still thinking about it but it's a definite maybe! I'll be away at the end of July but I'll have internet access, so we'll see.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Spook View Post
    I definitely like this idea! :D

By the way, I'll be doing humor, showdown, and possibly writing. :]

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links