Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Great job this past week, everyone! All around the sprites were great and those of you that used your same sprites from last week received bonus points so great job all around! These fusions were all amazing and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with in the next challenge. Remember, you have two weeks for this one so don't rush it.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    First Impression: A
    How well are instructions followed: A
    Coherency, Incorporation, and Quality: A++
    Creativity of design: A
    Total Points: 26
    I absolutely love this design. You definitely excelled as the coherency, incorporation, and quality. Each of the three people is equally shown, and including your process really helped to hit that home. This is a great fusion and I’m looking forward to seeing what you do next.

Arnisd
    First Impression: A+
    Coherency, Incorporation, and Quality: A+
    Creativity of design: A
    Total Points: 23
    Okay if I was having any fusion as a pet this would be it. You totally won me over on this one with a first impression. What I really like is how you did the stripes and how subtle Jolteon’s inclusion is. I didn’t notice it at first glance until I started to study the design which is really good because that means it looks really smooth. Great job all around!

Coru
    Creativity of design: A+
    Total Points: 28
    I’m sorry to hear you think it’s difficult to fuse in Photoshop. I’ve always found fusions were much easier in Photoshop. Feel free to ask for tips if you need any. I love the inclusion of a pokedex entry and how you used a different sprite. Overall this was an amazing fusion. Great job thinking out of the box with it!

Caite-chan
    How well are instructions followed: A-
    Coherency, Incorporation, and Quality: A-
    Total Points: 23
    For a first fusion that is actually really good. I think where the fusion mostly suffers is you tried to include all five pokemon rather than just picking three like you were supposed to. And while that isn’t necessary a bad thing, as I can see the influences from most of the pokemon, overall it just didn’t work. Fusions are difficult, especially when it’s with more than just two pokemon. Yet you did amazing is incorporating the little details into the design! I can see Politoad’s cheeks, Porygon’s tail, and Flareon’s fluff. The only pokemon that I really cannot seem to locate is Abomasnow, but given you were trying to fuse more than just three pokemon, that’s not a huge deal. My advice to you is when doing the final challenge, try to make each pokemon a bit more present. Maybe knock the fusion count down to three and then work to make them all present. It doesn’t have to be huge, sticking with the little details like you did is great, but I think your fusions would look great with more presence of the components in them.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I think I got the hang of this now. Really wished I hadn't picked the bulbasaur line. Took forever to scratch back the body of venusaur when I got rid of the flower. haha.
    Anyways, here is my line. The Haunted Gargoyle line. I created some backstory to go with the line. I changed my poked details for stage 2 a little to fit better.

Backstory:
    There once was a curse put on the town of Erkuruk by a dark and evil creature and once Halloween arrived, ghosts Pokemon would flock and terrorise the town for 3 days and 3 nights. The towns folk, over the years found out that if they create gargoyles, it would trap the spirits and not allow them to wreak havoc among the city. They began to build gargoyles across the city resembling a reptilian creature. Once halloween arrived, the sprits would then be locked into these gargoyles and be trapped forever. The towns folk, however, did not realise that when enough spirits inhabited these gargoyles, they would gain a life of their own, slowly developing and growing until they became huge reptilian monsters with flames powered by all the spirits trapped within. Once halloween arrived, the spirits would be stronger and attempt to flee from their rocky shell. If the gargoyle had been damaged enough, it would shatter, allowing the monsters within to fly freely among the earth.

Here are my entries

Stage 1:
    Blaroc
    Type: Rock
    Sprite:
    Pokedex entry: This cute little creature is made from pure rock, brought to life by the essence of the ghost types trapped within it's body. The flames emerging from it's head blaze stronger with every ghost type it encounters.

Stage 2:
    Flaregoyle
    [Evolves from Blaroc at level 23]
    Type: Rock/Fire
    Sprite:
    Pokedex Entry:
    Flaregoyle, evolved from Blaroc, is made from pure stone. Protruding from it's back is a keystone which is said to hold the spirits of many Pokemon. It's flames are kept alight by the flames of the fallen. Something appears to be trying to make an escape from within the Pokemon.

Stage 3:
    Stalagflame
    [Evolves from Flaregoyle at level 48]
    Type: Rock/fire
    Sprite:
    Pokedex Entry:
    Stalagflame, evolved from Flaregoyle, has fully matured and honed it's abilities. This huge beast is a perfect prison for all the souls it contains and has the ability to use them to attack it's foes. It's back has fully hardened to stop any spirits from escaping but it can use the energies seeping out of the cracks to power up it's flames during attacks.

Stage 3 [Alternate]
    Garghost
    [Evolves from Flaregoyle from level 40. It's health bar must be on red when levelling up.]
    Type: Rock/Ghost
    Sprite:
    Pokedex Entry:
    Garghost, evolved from Flaregoyle, is the amalgamation of all the spirits that had become trapped within the gargoyle. It broke free when the vessel had become weak, making it crumble to dust. Due to the amount of time it spent in the vessel, it's biology has become part rock, allowing it to assume a rocky floating body. It is not to be underestimated, as it can use it's abilities to break down entire buildings.

My least favourite is Stalagflame. I really like the others but Stalagflame was a challenge and I don't think I pulled it off as much as the others.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

3. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Topazaur -> Minerazaur

Topazaur the Young Gem Pokemon
    Type: Dark
    Topazaur live in dark caves, their gems glow red at all times, which frightens passers by. Topazaur can light their blue frills up at will to intimidate opponents. Despite their fierce appearance, they are shy and eat only rocks. They are born at the very depths of caverns and spend their childhood climbing upward toward the surface. It is said they reach maturity once they see daylight for the first time. Topazaur then return to the cave and a wild Topazaur will never venture out of the darkness again in their lifetime. Their glowing red eyes are perfectly adapted for seeing in the dark. Their name comes from topaz and dinosaur. Evolves to Minerasaur at level 37.

Minerazaur the Ancient Mineral Pokemon
    Type: Dark/Steel
    Minerasaur live only in the deepest caverns. Their gems give off a constant, eerie red glow. Minerazaur can hibernate for decades at a time, curling up and becoming rock-like and still. Even in hibernation, their gems glow, an indication of their life force. Their tails and head decoration are made of steel and they bang them on rocks to communicate through caverns from miles away. They are thought to be an ancient Pokemon species which have survived underground for millenniums. Their name comes from mineral and dinosaur.

My process:
    GCEA

5. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Total Points: 48
    Okay, I’ll admit, I absolutely squealed when I saw the tiny dino. I MEAN IT’S JUST SO DARN CUTE! Really great scratching usage here. I absolutely love this, even better with the pokedex descriptions! JUST AHH SO GOOD.

Coru
    How well are instructions followed: A++
    Coherency, Incorporation, and Quality: A+
    Creativity of design: A++
    Total Points: 52
    I love that you decided to do a branched evolution based upon the pokedex entries. That is amazing and the sprites all look great. There is a story behind each evolution and for the most part they all look seamlessly fused. Garghost looks a bit wonky, but not terribly so. Maybe a different color for the venusaur head or maybe going with ivysaur instead of venusaur would have been the better choice. I’m not quite sure but it looks great nonetheless.

I really couldn’t decide who to give the higher position on this. I was debating the points back and forth for a while but Coru did create three stages to Sarah’s one so I did give Coru a slightly higher score. They’re both impressive scores though so don’t feel too bad because the sprites all look absolutely fantastic!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

7. This post has been liked by:

Thanks for hosting such a great event over the past 4 weeks. It's reminded me of how fun spriting is. Congrats to everyone who got points over the past 4 weeks. You all did great! Some amazing stuff came out of the challenges you set for us.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

9. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

This was heaps of fun! Thanks Noble :) And well done Coru! I love all your entries!! The final one was especially impressive! I had hoped to do more stages but I ran out of time xD
    GCEA

11. This post has been liked by:

Coru