Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PXFIRE Comics

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

It's awesome to see so many great entries! I'm gonna judge this ASAP.

In the meantime the theme is up for our next challenge. Keep in mind this challenge runs until the end of the event, so you have plenty of time :) I hope you'll all join in!
    @Noblejanobii @arnisd @Neo Emolga @Steel Lunpara @Shruikan @Scytherwolf @Velocity
    GCEA

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Gahhhhh I really hate grading stuff. xD BUT I DID IT. I hope you guys are happy with the marks. You all did SO WELL! I really hope you'll all enter the next challenge as I'd love to see your characters come to life! If you have any questions about the grading, just let me know!

RUBRIC
    Character artwork (/10):
    Amount of effort and skill put into the artwork itself. Is there nice linework, colouring and shading? Are the features in proportion? etc.

Character description: (/10):
    Are all aspects of the character fleshed out?

Originality and interestingness (/10):
    Does this character seem interesting and unique? Are common cliches avoided?

Velocity 30/30
    Character artwork (/10): 10
    Lovely colours and soft shading. It's nice to see some different poses and expressions as well! I love the scarf! Beautiful!

Character description: (/10): 10
    I enjoyed reading Alana's personality. Being fueled by that feeling of weakness is very relatable. I liked the little details you added in, like the gap between her teeth.

Originality and interestingness (/10): 10
    Spark is a cool idea. It sounds like an interesting world that Alana belongs to! Using her scarf as a disguise is also a nice touch. I hope you'll enter the comic section as I'd love to see her in action!

Noblejanobii 25/30
    Character artwork (/10): 7
    PJ is so cute! I love the style and the eyes especially. And the goggles are a nice touch. You also put him in a pretty interesting pose. Awesome work! It would be nice to see some shading on the picture though. :)

Plenty of detail to get an idea of PJ's character and history. Nice work!

Originality and interestingness (/10): 8
    The innocent and helpful character is not uncommon but I like the angle that PJ has been protected from knowing too much about what's going on with this apocalypse. It seems like it could get very interesting when he starts finding things out, especially if he's doing to be joining a rescue team soon!

Scytherwolf 29/30
    Nice bright colours and lighting! I like the colours you used for shading. The way you did the transparent wings is great too and I enjoyed seeing the different expressions! You definitely have a talent for those.

As I read along, I got a really clear picture of Ruby's personality. She seemed to come to life before me! You did a great job describing her.

Originality and interestingness (/10): 9
    Yanma aren't very commonly used as characters in stories/comics I've seen, so this is quite unique. Ruby's like of art and interesting personality traits make her an intriguing character!

Steel Lunpara 29/30
    Ooh I love your art style there.The sketchy look is awesome. I like the design a lot. I thought of Lucario when I saw it. xD I'd like to see if his face could show any expression though or if it's just like that all the time. It would be nice to see some different poses/emotions, if he has any.

Character description: (/10): 9
    A lot of intriguing details here. Revo seems like a very mysterious character but I feel like it would be nice to know a bit more about his personality and motivations for joining the rebellion.

Ohh artificial muscle and organs? Very interesting! Now I'm wondering if they're made of metal or of cells or whatever. xD Either way, a very interesting character. I'd love to see more of him!

Neo Emolga 30/30
    Lovely and clean. The t-shirt is nicely done and I like the effects on the can!

Oh Neo, you're hilarious. xD

Yep, definitely original. Not only does Jirachi NOT sleep for thousands of years, he is addicted to online gaming. XD Oh man I really hope you enter the next challenge as there is so much potential hilarity to explore. Nice work!

arnisd 28/30
    Very nice! I love the colours and all the little details, like the necklace and bone structures on the wings!

Character description: (/10): 8
    Some really interesting things going on here! I enjoyed the background section and got a good grasp of the world from your notes. But I guess I'd like to see more about Dzeta's personality. Dzeta likes to fight, seems a bit impatient and worried about the future. But is Dzeta confident in their abilities? Does Dzeta have their own motivations? Is Dzeta angry/passionate and emotional when fighting or treats it as a job? etc.

I liked the idea you have with the familars and the dragons and the different abilities they have. I like the angle that Dzeta doesn't know that they are in line for succession but their partner does. It could be a very interesting dynamic!

Shruikan 25/30
    Character artwork (/10): 7
    I love that you showed some different poses! Also the hat one is hilarious. XD Nice work on the bottle one as well. The pose is great, I love the tongue poking out in concentration haha. The shading could use a bit of work in sokme places, especially the wings, but other than that, nice work!

Character description: (/10): 9
    Rowan's two-sided personality is quite extreme! It's almost a bit jarring that she can be so different among those of her own kind, but I guess it makes sense to compare yourself to others like you. Her background being unable to fly properly is a good reason for that too. It sounds like she has a lot of insecurities despite boasting at other times. An interesting dynamic.

Originality and interestingness (/10): 9
    Rowan seems like a pretty fun character to explore. The idea of a dragon moving to a human city is kind of weird but in an interesting way. I'd like to see how that works out!

POINTS AWARDED
    Velocity: 30/30 = 15
    Noblejanobii 25/30 = 13
    Scytherwolf 29/30 = 15
    Steel Lunpara 29/30 = 15
    Neo Emolga 30/30 = 15
    arnisd 28/30 = 14
    Shruikan 25/30 = 13
    GCEA

3. This post has been liked by:

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Okay, here is my comic!

Spoiler:

5. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

*stumbles in and collapses* I DID IT! Here's the story behind PJ (and technically Lucky's nickname).

Spoiler:

In case you have trouble reading: http://sta.sh/02al44704xn4
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

7. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    What happens when your entire life comes crashing in on you at once, you push all PXFire stuff to the back burner as desperately as possible, have a billion headspace issues in the space of two weeks, and get a massive creative block which you shatter in one day because you have to get stuff done? THIS COMIC. Warning for a very long image ahead! Also, while I restrained myself from anything super awful, one of the characters has a bloody nose.

Spoiler:

I could babble about Alana and Eran for hours but I'd rather not take over this post. <3

also sorry for no backgrounds

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

9. This post has been liked by:

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    Spoiler:

Big warning, I'm terrible at time management and only got the sketchings mostly done (the last 4 pages only having been started today)... So yea these are my skecthes for what would have been the pages (text is included)
    Sadly this means no color, lineart and stuff, heck some of the skecthes aren't even refined yet.
    But I did want to submit something for this, even if it isn't completely finished yet
    That out of the way, enjoy

11. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

WEEK TWO - FOUR:
    Comic artwork (/10):
    Amount of effort and skill put into the artwork itself. Is there nice linework, colouring and shading? Are there backgrounds? Are features in proportion? etc.

Technical skills (/10):
    Are the panels and text boxes of a reasonable size? Is the flow of the comic easy to see and not confusing? Do the fonts and colors used work well together?

Fits the Theme (/10):
    Does the comic fit all the requirements and the theme of this challenge? Was the character designed in week 1 included in the comic?

Story (/10):
    How engaging was the story? Is there enough detail to get your character's personality across? Does the text have any spelling errors?

Overall feel (/10):
    Was the comic interesting overall? Did I leave wanting more? Were the characters engaging?

Scytherwolf 50
    Comic artwork (/10): 10
    Technical skills (/10): 10
    Fits the Theme (/10): 10
    Story (/10): 10
    Overall feel (/10): 10
    This is too cute!!! I love the artwork and expressions! You're so good at them! The backgrounds are simple but fitting and the last panel is hilarious! What a cute snapshot that shows off Ruby's personality and skills! You did an awesome work keeping the story contained to one image and still making it funny and interesting. Awesome work!

Noblejanobii 48
    Comic artwork (/10): 8
    Aww this is really sweet. Wow is that really how Lucky got his nickname?!?! XD I thought he was gonna tell a heroic story! What a cute moment between these brothers. :) I like all the effort you put into the backgrounds!

Velocity 48
    Comic artwork (/10): 8
    I love this! Alana is such a cool character! I wanted to give you full marks but I couldn't as there's no background. But it's really lovely. I love your colour choices and style. It seems like the beginning of an awesome friendship and I want more!!!

arnisd 40
    Comic artwork (/10): 6
    Technical skills (/10): 8
    Story (/10): 9
    Overall feel (/10): 7
    Thanks for submitting something even if you didn't get to finish it. I enjoyed seeing your process through your sketches. :) I love all the aspect of the dragon sketches, espeically the flight one! you showed off Dzeta's skills nicely! And the start where Dzeta wasn't allowed in the female bath was pretty funny. xD Hope you'll finish it some day :)

Final scores:

Scytherwolf 27
    Noblejanobii 26
    Velocity 26
    arnisd 21
    GCEA

13. This post has been liked by: