Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[PXFIRE] Team Spirit Challenge

TEAM SPIRIT

Welcome to the PXFIRE Team Spirit Challenge! You've probably noticed already, that your team had to come up with a name and a theme in preparation for the competition. Well, here's where that theme comes into play. This challenge is a team challenge that reflects the three major parts of the spirit of competition. Each reflects the work of you team as whole as they contribute to your team's role in the PXFIRE event.

Please Note that this is separate from the points earned from the normal events, and that even if you don't win through points, you can still claim the title of "Most Spirited Team."

There are Three individual categories, each will be judged separately until the end of the event, where an overall winner will be decided as the team with the best Team Spirit.

PARTICIPATION
    How active is your team? Are you participating as best as possible in the event? Is your team and the event encouraging you to try new things? Well, this part is straight forward and simple. Every week, I will inquire into the various event threads and into judges to count up participation in every team. You will be given points per person per event, with no limit to the number of points a person can earn. Bonus points will be given to people who participate in an event they did not the week prior. These points will be counted up for one overall result to be given out at the end of the 4 weeks.

5 points will be earned for your team for every event you participate in.
    An additional 10 points will be given for trying a new event.

Non-attempts, or attempts without effort merely to get participation points, will disqualify you from any points you could have earned.

TEAM IDENTITY
    This is where your Team's theme comes into play. How has it brought your team together? Inspired your team member's work outside your team thread? Are your team members seeking inspiration and aid from your team's theme and fellow members?

Every 2 Weeks a nominated team member will present a team "Spirit Portfolio" showcasing every thing your team has developed around your team's theme. This can include anything from art, slogans, and anthems to event works inspired by the team, roleplay both in and out of the roleplay event.

Your Portfolio must follow/include these things:
    1: Your Portfolio should start off with a description of your team's theme, how it came to be, and how it's developed over the 2 weeks.
    2: Any and all Works must come with a short description AND be labelled with the creator's name. If other people from thew team helped or inspired the work, they should be mentioned as well.
    3: All works must be posted/created at least 2 days (the Thursday) before the portfolio is presented.
    4: All works should be linked/shared with the rest of your team, I will be skimming through team threads to look for discussion/responses to works from before the portfolio's creation.
    5: Remember this is a team event, while one person may be skilled enough to make tons of art and works, It will look better to have works from multiple team members.

The first Portfolio is due July 15, Please post them in This thread. A winner for the first 2 weeks will be announced the following day.

Sportsmanship
    Most essential to any good competition is the spirit of gracious professionalism. Which is a fancy way of saying good sportsmanship. Every week I will inquire into Judges, as well as Team Leaders, for accounts of notably good sportsmanship, or notably bad sportsmanship. This will be done through PM as no one here should be in the business of publicly claiming someone to be a bad sport.

Individual Members and players are invited and encouraged to report actions of notably good/bad sportsmanship that happen outside of events as well. These reports should only be about members from opposite teams, however if a fellow team member has done something exceptionally good/bad, you may talk about them as well. This should also be done through PM. When reporting, please link (when possible) and give a full description. Please remember that a good sport does not hide the notably good actions of other teams in an attempt to keep them from winning, nor do they exaggerate notably bad sportsmanship to make them lose.

Important Note: Smack talking is not bad sportsmanship as long as it is kept at a reasonable, "Friendly Rivalry" level.

A simple point system will keep track of which team is doing the best, though they will be kept secret to avoid labeling any teams as "bad sports." A "Best Sport" winner will be announced every 2 weeks.

VPP

Woo! First week over!
    I've tallied up participation so far, which is looking good all around. I will note I've decided to give points to people who judges as well as in teams, as it takes a fair amount of participation and work to judge an event.

I have also started contacting judges and team leaders about sportsmanship. I don't expect to see much as it's only the 1st week, but hopefully things will heat up some as we go on. [b]Please[/s] remember guys that if you see or hear any good/bad sportsmanship that a judge or team leader might not see (or you just want to make sure it gets noticed) remember to PM about it the juicy details!

And Finally, Portfolios are due at the end of this week! That's right people, make sure you have someone collecting and preparing all the great teamwork you've done during these first two weeks to present this weekend! I'll likely put out a reminder a few days before it is due just in case, but be careful not to procrastinate too long! If you have any questions about what would look good in your portfolio, feel free to ask them in this thread or if you prefer over PM.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

We post the portfolios here or PM them to you?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Portfolios should be posted in this thread :)

VPP

5. This post has been liked by:

@Chakramaster @LKWayvern @Midnight Sun @Sacred Fire @Steel Lunpara @Suicune's Fire @Trainer17 @Velocity
    Section 1: Preparation and team creation
    Spoiler:
    Prankster Platoon started as 'Team C' and our team had to collective come together as a team and find ourselves an identity. These were the suggestions our members came up with before we all agreed on the current name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coru View Post
    With the team name I'm not super sure. Team Meddling Maniacs? It's not great but that's all I have haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by LKWyvern View Post
    Well, the best I had was Team Hellions.
    We could be the Prankster Platoon, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Hands of Havoc, Danger(/Disaster) Disciples, Team Wildcard, Sudden Shock, Anarchy Addicts... I could brainstorm for days. XD Though Prankster Platoon is pretty dang good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Fire View Post
    I really do like the name XD

Or Sneaky Squadron
    Ghoulish Group
    Peasant Platoon
    Mod Squad
    We then decided, after discussion involving everyone, on Prankster Platoon. After this it was time to create our theme and image. This was mainly down to me, however everyone had their part. We all decided on a neutral chaos pranking theme. As Trainer17 nominated me for the banners, I started working on them. We went through a few drafts (You can find them on the Team C thread, didn't want to clutter this post.)
    Here is the final banner we came up with.
    Spoiler:

and also a smaller version.

We also thought, to keep to the theme as much as possible, that we should create our own userbar which @Pokemon Trainer Sarah agreed to.

I then began to make custom signatures for the team which many requested.
    Coru
    Spoiler:

Velocity
    Spoiler:

LKWyvern
    Spoiler:

Suicune's Fire
    Spoiler:

Trainer17
    Spoiler:

Trainer17 even requested an avatar

and Sacred Fire wanted to design their own, which turned out great.

After this, our team was officially created and complete!

Section 2: Artistic Expression
    Spoiler:
    Many of our members have been submitting creative approaches to many of the competitions here in this event and many of them showing off this team's theme and spirit. Here are just a few examples of the splendour that has risen from the first two weeks.

Drawn Art
    Week 1:
    Finished my entry (I may have gotten a little swept up haha...)! Drew my OC from the Game of Storms RP - Jones the Heliolisk is soaking up some rays!

Spoiler:
    Velocity represented our team with her entry for the Drawn Art contest in Week 1. She drew her character from the Roleplaying event, giving a visual representation of what they would look like and giving our team more character.
    Here's my entry. I think my HDMI port is broken on my laptop so I can't use my drawing tablet (Ł300 now useless ;-;) so I went for a watercolour piece (with acrylic while for the stars). First proper time I've done a watercolour piece, didn't originally like the fact you can't control it, but it worked perfectly for this. Went for galaxy to represent the aesthetic of the Prankster Platoon. The scene is a Zorua lounging underneath a palm tree. The zorua is kind of unclear but I think the palm tree worked out really well. I tried scanning to get a crisp picture but it sharpened it too much and ruined it so I went for a bit of a posed picture. Hope you like it, I sure enjoyed trying something new. :D

Spoiler:
    I also followed by creating a watercolour piece that was inspired by our theme. I did galaxy to relate to our aesthetic created in our banners and also used Zorua, our mascot Pokemon.

Graphic Art:
    Week 2:

The theme for Graphic Art in Week 2 was prefect for developing our team's theme. It was to create a recruitment poster for our team. We entered this in hopes to further develop and show our team's personality.
    This was super fun. Not my best work I don't think but I'm a perfectionist. I kind of had an unfair advantage here because I did exactly this for my university course but it was really hard doing it in this time span as I had a month or so to plan out research and design it at uni. Would have done it all from scratch but would have taken too long so the stuff I used is in the credits. I created a logo for the team too so I will also add that to the form.
    Poster: http://imgur.com/a/5sxr8
    Poster Title: Chaos ensues
    Logo:
    Spoiler:

Image credits:
    http://hdqwalls.com/wallpapers/low-poly-space-art.jpg
    https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...20170409032325
    http://www.smallmadtv.com/astrogalle...la-29dec20.jpg
    Crossfire logo from here.
    Here, I created a logo and also a slogan for our team. The logo being featured above and the slogan being "Creating 'out of this world' chaos". I wanted to keep to the theme of space chaos that we had used previously and that was the inspiration for the logo and also the overall look of the poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Lunpara View Post
    Poster link: Right over here.
    Poster title: "Set Yourself Free"
    Image credits: Uh, me, I guess
    Steel Lunara also created a poster in this event, which took a different approach. It shows the prankster side of our team's personality, with it showing a message from our team being spray painted over the top of a black lotus poster. This again relates back to the role-play event.

Section 3: Representation
    Spoiler:
    Our team has been represented in more events and in those, our team spirit and character has also shone through. Whether that be the role-play or showdown.
    Showdown
    Here Cleobel shows off their showdown battles, showing off our team's dedication and drive.

Role-Play
    Also, in the role-play, here are a few posts picked out by LKWyern which they think perfectly shows off our team's spirit and character in the face of the black lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I feel the following RP posts fit the theme of 'sew the seeds of chaos'
    Laura the Umbreon
    Prankster Platoon
    Blood Pit Arena, Lytala City
    Affected RPers:

Laura could feel it. Adrenaline pounding through her veins. Her limbs were trembling. She allowed her mouth to drop open so she could get just a bit more oxygen into her lungs. When she breathed in through her nose, all she could smell was sweat and tension.

Her ears flattened and tail fluffed up as the opening siren screamed its message, the first lightning-strike of a long awaited storm. And this storm was going to refuse to pass quietly.

Her teammates were racing into the arena before she was. Xavier grabbed at her with his tail, sweeping her along so she didn’t get left behind.

“Formation, now!” Xavier hissed, leaping to the front of the group. Aria fell into place behind him, and Kirrun took up position behind the umbreon. Laura tried to do her best to breathe, and calm her nerves, as the group began advancing through the corridors.

A performance. This was all it was. A live performance. All she had to do was put on an excellent show. Perhaps it was a bit bloodier than usual, but she was no stranger to violence.

She could hear Aria enchanting her allies with a Lucky Chant. It was a whisper compared to the blood pumping in Laura’s ears.

She saw the golden light illuminating the corridors ahead as Xavier used the x-ray vision his species was fabled for. He raised up his tail. A signal.

Silence.

Three eyes gazed attentively at the Gleam Eyes Pokemon.

The tail moved again, beckoning Laura forwards. She approached, and Xavier tapped at the Blaze Jewel with a paw, eyes shifting to silver as he used its mysterious power.

Thundercrash ahead. A couple bends away.

Laura nervously glanced down the corridors.

Kirrun, Teleport. Cut them off. Aria, Laura, distract them from behind. Then… do as you see fit.

Without a second to spare, Kirrun was gone. The feline, the vulpine, and the ghost moved swiftly and silently. Laura noticed Aria vanish through a wall.

Laura perked up her ears, she could hear them.

Kill him!!

“Don’ hafta tell me twice!”

“Ha, send the sorry solicc back to--”

There was an almighty clamor as Kirrun’s Ancient Power caused boulders to tear themselves up out of the ashen grey walls and floor, hurling themselves at the gang members as if they had a life of their own, just as Laura and Xavier came into view of them.

Laura witnessed a sizable rocks collide with a swellow’s wing with a sickening CRACK, and the bird plummeted to the ground. That brought a flutter of excitement to her heart, but the majority of the gang seemed to escape relatively unscathed, as she saw an excadrill burrow underground at unbelievable speed, an alakazam telekinetically hurl boulders back, a hydreigon merely vaporize the boulders with Focus Blast as though they were nothi--

There! That hydreigon! Perfect target! Blue and yellow illuminated her face as she conjured a wisp of Confuse Ray. Silver swam through her vision as she activated the Blaze Jewel.

Aria, that hydreigon!’ she commanded.

The spectre understood.

She materialized from out of the wall, a singly Magical Leaf whizzing from her outstretched tendrils to neatly nick the hydreigon’s main neck and dissipate upon hitting the wall. The hydreigon turned to Aria, rage evident in his eyes. Not even bothering with banter, he spread his wings and lunged towards her… Only to smack into the wall when Laura’s Confuse Ray hit home in the back of his neck.

WRAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! HIKA YOU KAKO, you’re not getting away now!” He snarled, slobber spraying out his jaw as he ripped into the wall with a fearsome Dragon Rage. Cracks appeared in a starburst patter around where he struck.

Laura glanced about, frantically looking for her next foe. Kirrun and the alakazam-- Had his name been Boris? Doris? Probably not the latter, but she hadn’t been paying attention-- they were in a telekinetic free-for-all with each other, hurling boulders, firing guns, snatching bullets. It was really a contest of who could keep ahold of which weapons the longest at some points.

Xavier. He was doing fine. Laura smiled. He was poised over the downed swellow, trapped beneath a boulder with a broken wing, fangs out and sparking--

Ryke the Swellow(Thundercrash Gang) has been eliminated.

Muzzle speckled slightly with blood, Xavier pounced onto his next victim. He immediately pounced upon the sylveon.

Laura glanced about, looking for where she could fit in. Aria had left the hydreigon to decimating the wall, and was trading ranged attacks with the Alolan Raichu. She swore, that thing was only here to show off how flamboyant its dodges could be.

Laura looked back to the fight between-- between VORIS(THAT’S his name!) and Kirrun. She tapped into the power of the jewel, Teleporting directly behind Voris, and then blasting a close range Dark Pulse.

He hissed in agony. “You kako--

“What’s that thing Psychics always say in a fight? You were broadcasting those moves from a mile awaYEEEEEEEEEEAGCK!

Their screams of pain blended-- Voris’ as Kirrun’s bullet struck his kneecap, and Laura’s as the watchog pounced on her from behind with a super fang, aiming for a chink in her light armor near her neck, ripping a hole through her scarf. She immediately felt that her excitement drained, replaced with wooziness and fear.

“Stop gloatin’, ya damn hellion!” the weasel hissed in her ear.

Laura groaned, trying to roll over. Partially so she could slam the watchog into the ground. Partially because she didn’t want to trust her legs at the moment. “G-geROFF!” Her rings lit up, a blinding flash. It still wasn’t enough.

She reached for the power that her Blaze Jewel would provide her with, once more. Not thinking entirely coherently, she tried Teleporting away.

As the watchog was still holding her so tightly, she couldn’t leave him behind. She reappeared fifteen feet or so from the fighting, and staggered to the wall before suddenly gagging as the watchog yanked at her scarf, choking her.

What to do-- what to do-- what to--

Laura launched herself at the wall, weak, but managing to hit the watchog’s head just right. Just enough to stun.

She convulsed, reared up, unsheathed the knives in her forelegs and ripped through the fabric of the scarf. The split halves fluttered free. With nothing to hold onto the watchog fell backwards.

Laura twisted around, landing on the ground again and opening her mouth, fangs popping out and rotating, twin jets of Toxic rocketing out from them and into the watchog’s eyes. It screamed. It wasn’t enough. She stabbed it with her knives-- in the eye, the mouth, the throat. Shut up. Shut up. Stop SCREAMING.

It stopped.

Vink the Watchog(Thundercrash Gang) is eliminated.

Laura leaned against the wall. What next…? Oh! Oh, yes. Moonlight. Heal herself.

Moonlight didn’t heal her completely. Sped up the clotting. But more importantly, stopped the pain.

She looked back towards the fight. What was happening now?

There was Kirrun’s gun to Voris’ head. Both the alakazam’s kneecaps were bleeding. He was on the ground in pain.

Blam.

Voris the Alakazam(Thundercrash Gang) has been eliminated.

Aria and the Alolan Raichu were still dueling.

The hydreigon was zooming down the corridor in the other way.

And Xavier… he was doing well. The sylveon was on the ground, paralyzed, he was about too--

No!

The excadrill, she’d forgot the excadrill! It rocketed up from the earth, slamming into Xavier with a painful-looking headbutt, launching him off the sylveon. It didn’t look good. There was blood, and it looked like Xavier’s. The excadrill loomed over him.

Laura didn’t remember deciding to move but she was spraying Toxic at the excadrill-- it wasn’t affecting him, why wasn’t it affecting him!?

The sylveon tackled her and she was gasping for breath.

“Pampered joke. Better stay off your feet, dearie, you’re looking a little winded,” the vulpine crooned.

And then it was on her mouth. Invading her mouth. His fangs were burrowed in her lips and she could feel her energy going, she couldn’t, it can’t be like this can’t can’t NO

Toxic. Straight from her fangs into his mouth.

He leaned back, choking on the poison. She hurled him off of her with Psychic, and rolled back onto her legs, and-- and--

She’s swaying the world’s swaying she can’t-- can’t--

Oh no Xavier, that looks bad

Psybeam nails excadrill in the back on its head.

Aria’s all around her, and is holding her up with the mismagius’ tendrils. She’s got me. She’s got me.

Kirrun’s slammed the excadrill against a wall with Psychic. Repeatedly. There’s blood, smeared on the wall, all dripping down.

Blood.

Wasn’t there blood somewhere else too?

“We gotta get Xay to’n ‘mergency room!” Laura said. Her voice sounded sing-song to her.

Kirrun’s Ancientpower again. Dragging boulders out of the wall that hydreigon damaged, dumping them on the excadrill, the fleeing sylveon. Laura can’t see the hydreigon or the alolan raichu. There's a hole in the wall now. They go through there.

They’re running, it’s okay. Aria’s got Laura, and Kirrun’s got Xavier. They did good. She thought they did good. They killed some enemies. And yeah everything’s dizzy and swaying and feels like her head’s so cloudy and there’s much blood on Xavier’s face and chest but he’s alive right?

They’re all alive.

Xavier wasn’t waking up, but he was still breathing. Laura tried using the Blaze Jewel to heal him with Heal Pulse. It was like her Moonlight-- not really real healing, starting the clotting and stopping the pain. Aria had a few berries.

Xavier opened his cloudy green eyes.

“I… I can’t see…” he groaned.
    Laura Bette Kaye the Umbreon
    Prankster Platoon
    Bloodpit Arena, Lytala City
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga @Velocity

“I hope you know what you’re doing,” Aria hissed in Laura’s ear. “Because I am this close to simply abandoning you, if you can Teleport out so easily--”

“Don’t expect to do any business with the Platoon after if you do desert,” Laura said.

“I don’t anyway. I’m leaving your psychotic ways behi--”

The sound of rushing water echoed down the corridors as something barrelled into Kirrun with a Waterfall, causing both to crash into Aria. The mismagius let out a scream that was part pain, part surprise, and part frustration as she quickly went intangible.

Kirrun’s eyes glowed brilliantly as he tried throwing his oppressor off of him, but the swampert that had tackled him spat up a mud bomb over his eyes before whipping out a gun that looked like it belonged on the hood of an armored vehicle and unloading a round into Kirrun’s face. The bullet went right through the Claydol’s eye in into his brain, killing him instantly and splattering his killer with a mixture of mud, jelly, and blood.

Kirrun the Claydol(Prankster Platoon) has been eliminated.

Simultaneous to this, Burrin the accelgor pounced on Xavier, viciously slashing the luxray’s shoulder with a wickedly serrated knife. Xavier retaliated instantly, clamping down hard on Burrin’s entire hand was a Fire Fang, until it blacked so much that Xavier managed to separate it from the Bug’s body and spit it and the knife aside.

To Burrin’s credit, the Bug didn’t scream, or even make a peep. Burrin simply jerked backwards, before grabbing Xavier with his remaining hand which began glowing a soothing green color as Giga Drain was used. Xavier let out a retching sound.

Xavier allowed electricity to pulse through his claws and he used his paws to shove Burrin away, as he prepared an Iron Tail. He quickly whirled around, wildly beating his foe with his taill, not even bothering to aim. Burrin frantically let loose a Bug Buzz, and while Xavier flattened his ears in an attempt to blot out the noise, he refused to be deterred.

Xavier whirled back around, flames dancing about his fangs as he lunged at the accelgor again, pinning the insect down to the ground before making another move.

Burrin tried headbutting Xavier with a Quick Attack, but the only response that Xavier had for him was another Fire Fang, buried deeply in Burrin’s skull. Burrin jerked once, then fell limp until death.

Burrin the Accelgor(Shadow Mask) has been eliminated.

Aria Kantra rematerialized, eyes shining green as she conjured multiple Magical Leaves, sending them to plague Muno. They all scored direct hits across the swampert’s back, and he turned to glare angrily at the spectre.

However, it was not Muno who retaliated against Aria. Zill the mimikyu leaped up, a rapid Shadow Sneak striking Aria long before she could dodge. Aria scowled at the cloaked ghost, hurling a volley of Shadow Balls down on her. Zill was totally unfazed, the sickening crack! of a Disguise shattering causing Laura and Xavier to wince in mild disgust. It sounded almost exactly like a spine snapping.

Zill let forth a maniacal cackle, slapping Aria with an Astonish and following up with a punishing Wood Hammer. Aria lay stunned on the ground for a split second before coming to her senses, becoming intangible and allowing herself to sink below the Arena’s floor, mere moments before Muno’s bullets left holes where she had just been. Humiliated and badly injured, Aria Kantra fled the Bloodpit Arena.

Aria the mismagius(Prankster Platoon) has left the battlefield.

The remaining members of the Shadow Mask turned their attention to the remaining two members of the Prankster Platoon.

Zill descended upon Laura with Play Rough, only to run into a Protect created by the umbreon. Laura glared viciously at Zill, her fangs out as she obviously prepared a Toxic. The Protect dropped, and the moment it did Laura unleashed a stream of Toxic directly into Zill’s eyes.

Zill let out an annoyed shriek. “YEERGH! Kako scum!”

Laura didn’t paused a moment, she went down hard upon the cloaked sprite with an Iron Tail. Again, and again, and again, before turning around and plunging her twin knives into Zill again, just to make sure.

Zill the mimikyu(Shadow Mask) has been eliminated.

Xavier had not been faring so well.

The moment Zill had claimed Laura as her adversary, Muno had turned back to Xavier. He had punched Xavier clear into a wall with a Hammer Arm, temporarily stunning the Electric type, and there was the audible cracking of bones heard. Xavier slid the the floor, before scrambling to his feet and letting electricity blaze through his rings and claws as brightly as he could manage, blinding Muno. And Xavier was racing towards where he had been hurled from, pouncing and attacking with Giga Impact, causing Muno to slide back several inches.

Muno took out his oversized gun once more, moving to pour lead into Xavier’s head, when suddenly the tibia and fibula in his right leg were shattered by Laura’s well-timed Foul Play attack. He crumpled to the ground, falling on top of Xavier, and Laura leaped on top of him. Laura winced as she heard more ominous cracking from Xavier.

Even though Muno was badly injured, he raised up an arm, swinging wildly and managing to clout Laura on the side. She exhaled rapidly as pain exploded all along that side. She thought maybe she had cracked a rib.

Laura leaped off Muno, moving around to where she could see his throat, and quickly slit it with her knife.

Muno the swampert(Shadow Mask) has been eliminated.

Laura knew her work was not yet done.

She tapped into the powers of her Blaze Jewel once more, eyes glowing bright silver as she used telekinesis to throw Muno’s corpse off of Xavier. She sent a Heal Pulse into Xavier, and again.

“Laura?” he asked. “...Is everyone else…?”

Laura sat down. Her muscles were burning, her heart couldn’t stop pounding. She used Moonlight on herself. “The Shadow Mask ambushed us. They’re all dead. But they got Kirrun. And Aria ran.” She hung her head. “...We’re the only Pranksters left. Are you…?”

“I’m… I’ll be fine. Cracked ribs, I think. Solicc hit me hard,” Xavier said. “Are… We need to leave.”

No. We’ve decimated two teams already. We are going to win this.”

“We’ve already qualified for the finals just by being here! You need to f***ing survive! Teleport us out!” Xavier hissed.

No. We’ve come so far already,” Laura snapped back. “Can you stand?”

“No.”

“Liar.”

Xavier sighed, and slowly stood up. “Laura. You want to make a f***ing statement? Look around. We killed half the Thundercrash Gang. We killed all the Shadow Mask. And now there’s only us left-- and it’s going to be hard to defend ourselves with just two.”

Laura thought for a second. “...We can make it. I’ll guide you.”

Xavier shook his head. “I’m not moving unless it’s to leave.”

“Xavier, we can--

“No. We cannot. It’s lucky that we got this far. We. Are. Leaving. I know you can be stubborn but I’m done indulging you, and if you keep trying to stay I am knocking you out and digging a tunnel out of here, and I will drag you along,” Xavier growled.

Laura thought for a moment.

“Fine,” she said.

She trotted over to Xavier, and teleported them both to Connive.

Laura the Umbreon and Xavier the Luxray(Prankster Platoon) have left the battlefield.

Laura used her Psychic Blaze Jewel one last time, to send a telepathic message. ‘Hey Jacobin, we’re back… We need better healing…

Last edited by Coru; 07-16-2017 at 10:08 PM.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    One critique @Coru... I'm not a guy. XD She/her for me, please. Otherwise, I think this is lookin' good!

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

One critique @Coru... I'm not a guy. XD She/her for me, please. Otherwise, I think this is lookin' good!
    haha sorry. I do that a lot. Fixed it. :)

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@Arrow-Jolteon @azura evley @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Soups @Spiderc @The Nonexistent Tazz @Shruikan @arnisd @Soulmaster

Section 1: Preparation and Team Creation
    Spoiler:
    The Gracidea Order began its journey as Team A with the two greatest shaymin lovers on PXR as its leaders. A few ideas were bounced back and forth such as the A-team or reviving a theme from one of the previous wars. But soon enough, what started out as a joke by both of the leaders ended up evolving into the true identity of the Gracidea Order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Obviously since Shurikan and I are leaders we need to be Team Shaymin. It's the only acceptable solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    #Team Shaymin 2017 :P
    We discussed back and forth what names to use, ending up narrowing down to two that were suggested by Pokémon Trainer Sarah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Team name ideas...
    Gracidea Order (GO for short, which is cool xD)
    Order of the Flowers (reminds me of war of the roses xD)
    It was unanimously decided shortly thereafter that we would become the Gracidea Order.

So then came the creation of the various graphics of the team. It was split up across Shurikan, Pokémon Trainer Sarah, and myself.

Shurikan took care of setting up the main thread, since I am a super moderator and can edit the first post whenever I wanted. So with a great title graphic and a list of all the members, the Gracidea Order became the first team to step into the PXFIRE spotlight.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post

Welcome to the Gracidea Order. We devoted few follow the example of the legendary pokemon Shaymin, working to protect the natural world around us from those who would pollute it. We are delighted to have you at our side in this noble cause.

Pokémon Trainer Sarah handled the userbar, which you can see here:

I then took care of the signature bars, creating ten unique banners for the members to choose from are taking critiques from my fellow teammates on an initial beta banner, all of which you can see below.
    Spoiler:

And to make the signatures stand out even more, Azura Evley gave the great suggestion to add little flowers beside them, even going so far as to give her teammates a link to a great site for flowers.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by azura evley View Post
    i got them here --> http://getemoji.com/
    for some reason it only works if i click the 'go advanced' box
    ��

And with that the Gracidea Order was set and ready to spread its cuteness and flower power across the world of PXFIRE.

Section 2: Artistic Expression
    Spoiler:
    In our quest to spread the word of Shaymin's greatness to the world, many members from our team have included it and the team's true spirit in their recent artistic entries.

Drawn Art
    Week 1:
    Inspired by the theme of summer fun in the sun, I drew and colored the entire Gracidea Order team relaxing out on the beach doing every activity from volleyball to swimming to just relaxing out on the beach. And while the entry was not able to snag a perfect score, it overflows with team spirit!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Here's my entry! Did the best I could with what I had, since I don't have a tablet, all I could use was a pencil and some crayons. Anyway, here's all the members of the Gracidea Order chilling in the summer sun! The archen ready to be the best at volleyball is Pokémon Trainer Sarah. The sky form shaymin serving the volleyball is Shurikan. The lugia spectating from the water is Soups. The jolteon relaxing under the umbrella is Arrow-Jolteon. The sneasel clutching the juice box and ready for some action is Azura Evley. The ivysaur guarding the cooler full of snacks and drinks is Spiderc. The pikachu reclined in the beach chair is The Nonexistant Tazz. The Salamence with the rocking shades is Soulmaster. And finally, the snoozing land form shaymin in the inner tube is me!

Graphic Art:
    Week 2:

As soon as I laid eyes on the week two theme for Graphic Art, I knew this was the perfect time for the Gracidea Order to show off just how great Shaymin is! Calling together my teammates, we banded together to tell you why you should support the Shaymin cause!

When thinking of a promotional poster, I knew I had just the Shaymin for the job. Paying homage to the original Uncle Sam poster, I put together a poster filled to the brim with shaymins to show you just how great they are in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

Shortly thereafter, my fellow team member, arnisd decided to spread the word of Shaymin through a very different lens. Titled “the last tree”, arsnid gave us a preview of a world similar to what the Black Lotus Empire from the roleplay section has created, a world where nature is not valued like it should. He does a fantastic job in depicting exactly what us Shaymin-lovers stand for!

Sprite Art
    Week 1:
    For week one in Sprite Art, I decided to create a challenge that required a color palette swap. I was a bit worried about participation, but leave it to my team to be the ones most present in the sprite art competition for the first week! Even more, team member Azura Evley even included shaymin in her entry!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by azura evley View Post
    Username: azura evley
    Team: Gracidea Order
    First stage sprite: Attachment 1671 jiraji ---> latias
    Second stage sprite: Attachment 1672 Latias ---> Shaymin
    Final stage sprite: Attachment 1673 shaymin ---> jiraji
    Additional comments: Well that was fun!

Section 3: Representation and Presence
    Spoiler:

The Gracidea Order has been working very hard to ensure that everyone hears the great word of Shaymin. How, you ask?

Well firstly, before the event even started, several members of the Gracidea Order stepped outside the boundaries of PXFIRE to show their devotion to Shaymin!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    As thanks to @Noblejanobii for updating in my absence, the Pokemon of the Dya is...

#492 Shaymin

my rating: 7 (Land Form), 7.5 (Sky Form)
    Shaymin is the adorable Mew stand-in of Gen 4, and to date it's the smallest Legendary to date at least when it's in Land Form. I admit I prefer the more agile and hard-hitting Sky Form, but Land Form is adorable and you can't deny that.

10/10 Best Pokémon

It's no secret to anyone that knows me that Shaymin is my all time favorite pokemon. Not only is it absolutely adorable but its actually pretty decent in battle. In fact it's not too uncommon to see me use one on my team if I'm allowed. Shaymin is the gratitude pokemon, resembling that of a hedgehog in one form and a reindeer in another. It's also unique in that it is one of the only pokemon that has two different cries depending on its form, the only others being the forces of nature and kyurem (excluding megas of course). It was the first to feature this different cry trait, and was also the first pokemon to feature two different movesets based on form. Honestly there's nothing to hate about shaymin, in one form it's adorable, in the other it's pretty darn cool. In Sky Form it's a great grass type to battle with, and it is a trendsetter in more ways than one. So show some gratitude and give shaymin a little love!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Shaymin is nothing short of awesome. It's incredibly adorable and I don't understand how anyone could NOT like it.

9/10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I've never used one, sadly. BUT LOOK HOW CUTE IT IS! <3 8/10
    Quote Originally Posted by arnisd View Post
    8/10 the ground form is just a cute little hedgehog and the sky form looks quite slick. Never got to catch or use one in the games, probs cause I haven't played any of the games it's available in.

On top of that, Gracidea Order members have participated in every section, making sure that the word of gratitude and Shaymin reaches every corner of PXFIRE. You’ve seen samples sprite, graphic, and drawn art, but those sections also had some great non-shaymin works from Pokemon Trainer Sarah, Shurikan, and Arrow-Jolteon that do well in showing that while the Gracidea Order loves Shaymin, it welcomes pokemon from all walks of life! The entries in Comic Art from arnisd, Shurikan, and myself further this, by including entire other species such as dragons! Shurikan also made sure Showdown was not forgotten during the first week while I dove in and handled the second week. We’re holding out hope that one of the challenges lets us battle with full Shaymin teams in the future though. Just last night I posted an entry for creative writing that subtly emphasizes how much nature can affect someone through something as simple as a butterfly. Arrow-Jolteon scored second place in humor this week by challenging our inner pro-battlers and the troubles with misclicks. Finally, with the roleplay section, The Nonexistent Tazz, Soups, and I may not have been the largest team or cast of characters, we made sure to make our posts count. The Nonexistent Tazz and I even got the highest scores out of the group!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga

Gracidea Order: 41 points
    The Nonexistent Tazz - 20
    Noblejanobii - 18
    Soups - 3

And of course, there’s no denying the scoreboard, with our flower power putting us high above the rest when it came to week one’s scores.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Gracidea Order: 202 points
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

10. This post has been liked by:

Impressive! Both teams put in some really nice portfolios! Remember at the end of the 2nd two weeks there is another portfolio due. It doesn't have to be as extensive as the first, considering you already covered all of the "How our team was made" thing, but I'm sure new things will pop up between then and now (Maybe some slogans? Who knows?)

As a reminder, The "sportsmanship" section relies a lot on individual messages and reports. So don't be afraid to shoot me a PM if you think anyone's done something nice for others. I'll be in touch with team leaders later for a quick overview on how they think their team's sportsmanship level is.

VPP

welp, no one entered a secondary portfolio for the second two weeks, but I'll give everyone some leeway as I'm sure most everyone is tired out after four weeks hard competition.

I'm currently in the process of counting up the participation points, and soon enough I'll post the final results!

VPP