Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PXFIRE Humor

Senior Moderator

PXFIRE Humor

HUMOR

Think you have a knack for making others laugh? Then this is the section for you!

There will be two events going on, alternating weeks--Pokemon Anime Theater 7000 and a PXFIRE Caption Contest.

The rules for PAT7K:

Ever thought the English dub of the Pokemon anime was a bit too cheesy? Here's your chance to make fun of it, from the beginning in Kanto to today's Alolan adventures!

If you'd like to participate:

--PM me for the room code to the stream. Due to the imitations of the streaming site I'm using, up to ten people can be in the room at any one time
    --Once we have some watchers in the room, I'll start showing episodes of the show, starting from the very beginning. Your job is to provide funny quips in response to what is going on onscreen.
    --When the episode is over, I will go through and score everyone's quips, and compile them into a leaderboard. Prizes will be given to the top three winners each week, and the top three overall. Then we start the process again with the next episode.

--Keep in mind that I'm looking for funny and creative jokes, not the same old memes we've all seen a million times. You may lose points if you post a groan-worthy or unfunny answer!
    --There are secret bonuses for particularly good (or maybe particularly bad) quips!
    --All quips must comply with PXR rules--if you can't post it on the boards proper, don't post it as a quip. Having said that, a little innuendo (no higher than a T for Teen) is okay.

How quips will be scored:

Sync: How well did the quip fit the action on screen? (25 points max)
    Creativity: How creative was the quip? (25 points max)
    Funny Factor: How funny was the quip? (50 points max)
    The rules for the Caption Contest:

Each week, I will post a screenshot from the Pokemon anime here--your job is to write a funny caption that fits the picture. The top captions for each day will be compiled into a leaderboard, with the best overall scores and some special awards being given out at the end of the week!

Captions will be scored on creativity and funniness (50 points max each), plus some secret bonuses

Keep in mind:

If you wouldn't post it on the boards proper, don't post it here. A little innuendo is okay, but try to keep your captions T for Teen at the maximum.
    Try to think outside the same old memes we've seen a million times--you can lose points for posting a particularly groan-worthy or unfunny answer
    Think about what you believe is going on in the picture--you will score higher if you caption fits the picture!
    We will be kicking things off with PAT7K for the first week, so don't be afraid to post here if you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Okay, since nobody wanted to MST the Pokemon anime, let's try a little something different--come up with a funny caption to this picture:

Ashwhat.jpg
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I'll admit I just don't have the kind of quick wit for PAT7K. :P

As for the captions, are we only allowed one?

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

I got a few:

"Hang on, if I'm gonna be ten forever... I WON'T EAT A BIRTHDAY CAKE EVER AGAIN! NOOO!"

"so Arceus has a thousand arms but can't learn how to punch things?? Some God..."

"Pikachu, use Thunderb- WAIT NO, THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT I WANTED TO USE IRON TAIL! ...darn misclick..."

Senior Moderator

@Neo Emolga

You can send in as many as you like, but only one will be scored.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

"Sorry, I only just woke up from my coma and wait, WHO DID YOU SAY WON THE ELECTION!?!?"

7. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

You have all week to send things in, so keep the captions coming!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Here I've got some!

1. "What do you mean this isn't the time to use that?"

2. "That's Persian's alolan form?"

3. "Pikachu can evolve?"

4. MRW when I find out I'm being rebooted because everyone is tired of me being ten.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Just remember that today is your last chance to get something in!

Lets have an attempt at this. sounds fun.

1. "What do you mean Alola doesn't have a proper dolphin Pokemon?!"
    2. "There's no Pokemon Z?!"
    3. "Skitty and Wailord can have eggs together?"

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs