Chapter 1: Rise and Shine
    Round 11

Spoiler:
    Unknown
    Steel/Fairy
    87/150
    20/100
    Paralyzed

Inventory: Ancient Pages, Old Pen, Ancient Haxorus Skull, Used Candle, Strange Seeds(x2), Strange Seed, Mysterious Orb

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Try Lemura Angelus
    Lemura Angelus…?

Is that… their name?

They have… a name. An identity. They… they are themself.

They are Lemura Angelus.

They feel a sort of swell, deep within their core. They feel… happy?

They’re happy!

It feels like…

...They don’t think they quite know how to describe how it feels like. Relieving, perhaps? Refreshing?

They feel…

More confident, now. Stronger. More ready to face… well, whatever’s out there!

...What is out there?

A wave of curiosity washes over them, and they approach the door. They feel excited and eager! They, they want to see outside!

Lemura’s hand trembles as they fit the little shaped rocks into the slots on the door. They flinch as there’s a sudden rumbling, and then blink at the door.

There’s a slight cleft, and something’s filtering through it…

Chapter 1 has concluded. Thank you to all those who participated!
    Please stay tuned for the coming Interlude.

Interlude 1
    Zayn and Simon
    Lokfore Temple Exterior

~~(Recommended Listening: Escape Through the Snow(Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team))~~

Light.

As they shove the door open, the temperature plummets. Snowflakes are swept inside, already dusting Lemura’s front half. They try to snatch one in wonder, gazing as the white powder melts into liquid in their metallic hand.

Their ear-like sensors perk up as they think they detect something.

Noise.

Other… other Pokemon?

Are they feral, like the amaura?

No, no there’s… words? Words!

There are intelligent Pokemon!

Could…

Could they speak with them?

Lemura stepped out into the snow, shuddering as their leg sank in. Their sensors twitched as they picked up more words.

“I’m just saying, we’re literally the only ones this far north! We barely even see ferals! Why do we have to patrol? It’s freezing!

“It doesn’t matter if we’re the only ones, Captain Aquillon told us to do it!”

They understood!

Lemura eagerly waded through the snow, thoughts racing. What would these strangers be like? What do they look like? Were they really smart? Were they friendly? Lemura couldn’t see them through the blinding white of the snow, but they were getting closer! There was a flicker of something in the distance-- fire? Green fire?

“Well, Artemis can be paran-- ...oh.”

And then they came into view.

A Pokemon, with a skull as a helmet or hat(like Lemura!) and a shortish but fluffy red-colored sort of cloak, and it was holding a bone that had that weird green fire it was um-- Cubone! With… What kind of looked like Alolan Marowak’s bone? Huh.

And the other--Lemura didn’t quite realize they were there at first, they blended in with the snow so well! They were quadruped with fluffy white fur, and they had an orange bandanna and little boots fitted over their paws and they were-- they were Alolan Vulpix!

About the time that Lemura saw these Pokemon, they saw her too, prompting the one speaking to trail off.

They stared at each other.

Lemura gave a little wave.

The silence was broken when the vulpix turned to grin smugly at the cubone. “See!? This is why we have patrols! We discover things, they’re just as important as your archaeology outings with Ms. Prencea!”

The cubone held up his paws. “Hey! Okay! You were right, I was wrong!”

The vulpix glared at Lemura again, tails fluffing up in an attempt to make himself look larger and teeth bared. “Now who are you? I’ve never seen a Pokemon like you before! Identify yourself, intruder!”

Lemura raised their single arm in surrender. They were tired from their previous fight, and didn’t want to fight again. Especially not these two, for some reason.

The cubone frowned at Lemura, before his eyes widened in realization. “Simon, wait a second!” He shoved his bone out, making the vulpix back up.

The cubone approached Lemura. Lemura stepped towards him.

“...Hi.”

Lemura waved again.

The cubone used his bone to point in the direction Lemura had came. “...Did you come out of Lokfore Temple? The building thataway?”

Lemura thought for a moment, then nodded.

“A-are you…” The cubone gulped. “Are you Lemura Angelus?

Lemura blinked. Someone knew them? Were they… famous?

They nodded again.

The cubone gasped, before grabbing Lemura’s arm and enthusiastically pumping it up and down. “You ARE! That’s incredible! You finally came! I didn’t think you’d come while I was alive! I always loved your legend and I’m so happy to be able to meet you!”

The vulpix approached. “Wh-- Lemura Angelus? The Savior of Stina?”

The cubone whirled to face him, a massive grin on his face. “Yes! It’s got to be! They have a mechanical chassis, remember? Just like her!” He patted Lemura’s mettalic body pointedly. The cubone blinked, then turned back to Lemura. “Oh right! You’re probably confused! Hi there, it’s really nice to meet you! My name’s Zayn Prencea, and that’s my friend Simon! We live with a bunch of others over in the Armageddon Bunker nearby. We’re archaeologists!”

He’s an apprentice archaeologist,” Simon corrected. “I’m apprenticed under Captain Aquillon, so I can get stronger.”

“We’re researching ancient myths of Halae, to see if anything from the past can help us out now!” Zayn continued “My mentor Skye, she’s really smart, she-- uh…” Zayn trailed off, backing up slightly, his smile turning sheepish. “Right… You’ve probably got stuff to do and places to be, right?”

~~(Recommended Listening: Partner’s Theme (Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon))~~

Lemura stared at him, blankly.

They…

...They had unfinished business. That they knew.

There was something that they absolutely needed to do.

But…

Lemura wasn’t sure exactly what that business was.

They were at a loss as to where they were, what was happening in the world, where to go.

...But Zayn and Simon…

Lemura had only just met them. But Zayn seemed to nice! Even if it was only because they were apparently famous, someone acting so happy to see Lemura made them feel happy!

...They didn’t know where to go next, so they wanted to go with Simon and Zayn instead.

They approached Zayn, gripping at his arm.

They felt themself opening up to Zayn, a connection forming.

I want to go with you.

Zayn’s mouth fell open. “I-- I whuh-- you have telepathy?

Lemura blinked. I do?

Simon frowned. “What did they say?”

“She said she wants to come with us!” Zayn gleefully announced.

Lemura nodded, smiling.

“That’s probably for the best-- they look pretty beat up, Papina could heal them before they leave for their business,” Simon commented.

I want to stay with you!

Zayn stared at Lemura in surprise again. “R-really!?”

“What did they say!?” Simon demanded.

“She wants to stay with us!”

I… I don’t know what to do now… I want to stay with you because I don’t know where else to go…

Zayn smiled at Lemura, excitement evident in his sparkling eyes. “That’s okay-- Skye’s really smart, I’m sure she can help you out. But hey, feel free to stay however long you want!”

Lemura’s face lit up. Really?

Simon looked conflicted. “Uh… Hate to break up the moment. But we should really get back to the Bunker.”

“Right!” Zayn nodded, gripping Lemura’s hand tightly.

The odd trio began making their way across the frozen wasteland once more.

Lemura felt excitement and satisfaction fluttering within them. And they could feel something else-- with a start, they realized they could feel the emotions within Zayn as well. The excitement of a child meeting their idol, his admiration for his mentor…

His joy at making a friend…

...Friend.

Lemura decided they felt joy at that, too.

Zayn, their first friend.

~~~

And we’re finally out of Chapter 1!
    Thank you for bearing with me. I know that this was a pretty slow chapter… Honestly it was more of a prologue than a fully fledged chapter. But I PROMISE, things are going to get more exciting next chapter. No battles, but more characters, and we start digging into the actual plot of Rent Spirits!
    Thank you Noblejanobii for pretty much driving Lemura for basically the whole first chapter.
    I hope everyone reading this note at any point enjoys what I have planned for the future~

Also, a little note.
    At the end of every chapter, there will be an Interlude. They’re sort of like cutscenes in the PMD games. So no suggestions during one. Also, most will focus on characters who are not Lemura. Interludes are mostly to give me a bit of breathing room before the next chapter begins.
    Chapter 2 I have pretty much all planned out, though. So once I get the first round typed up, we can start it right away.

Chapter 2: The Archaeologists of Armageddon Bunker
    Round 1
    Armageddon Bunker

Spoiler:
    Lemura Angelus
    Steel/Fairy
    87/150
    20/100
    Paralyzed

Inventory: Ancient Pages, Old Pen, Ancient Haxorus Skull, Used Candle, Strange Seeds(x2), Strange Seed, Mysterious Orb

Lemura thought that the building Zayn and Simon claimed to be their home was far too small.
    They looked to the small concrete block again, looked back at Zayn, and then wordlessly gestured at it again.

“Zayn, stop trying to convince her with words, and just open the door and show her,” Simon finally interjected.

“Why don’t you show her?” Zayn retorted.

“Because I don’t have hands. And you’re the one with the key.”

Zayn blinked, and then nodded, before rooting around in his cape and extracting from it a skeleton key. He walked up to the steel door, inserting the key into the lock. A clicking sound was heard, and the door swung open.

With a grin on his face, he gestured for Lemura to enter first. “After you!”

Lemura peered uncertainly at the gloomy darkness, and entered.

~~(Recommended Listening: Crystal Crossing(Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)))

First there was a set of stairs. She made her way down them, and entered a much larger space. It was a corridor carved out of pure stone, two doors on either side lining it. At the other end was what appeared to be another stairwell. The entire facility was eerily lit by softly glowing pale yellow crystals adorning the walls.

Lemura moved out of the way just as Zayn bounded down the stairs, taking two at a time. Simon followed shortly behind him.

“I’ll go find Skye, and tell her that you’re here!” Zayn informed Lemura. “Simon, can you take her to Papina? Berries work on Pokemon like magnemite and klink, so.. She should probably have something for Lemura, right?”

Simon nodded, and Zayn walked into one of the rooms.

Simon nodded at the stairwell at the other end of the corridor. “Papina’s our resident chef and nurse. She’s down on the second level though.”

The second level was similar to the first. However this time, there were only two doors.

Simon swept his cloudlike tails towards the door to the left. “That’s the Infirmary. Which doubles as the Mess Hall. Because we have no space and Papina doesn’t like having to fly somewhere else to deliver food to injured pokemon who can’t be moved. She’s kind of impatient.”

Simon led them to the door, knocking on it with his paws.

“You missed breakfast by hours, Danton! Get up earlier next time!” a voice hollered from within.

“It’s not Danton, it’s Simon! We need medicine!” Simon yelled back.

The door opened, an irritated looking beautifly peering out from behind it. Her expression changed slightly when she saw Lemura. “...What is that.”

“An injured Pokemon. Do you have medicinal berries?” Simon asked.

“Of course I have medicinal berries. Get in,” Papina said, opening the door further and flitting away.

Simon and Lemura entered the room. It was was a mess hall, filled with tables and benches. There was a door off to the side that Papina had gone into.

Simon glanced at Lemura. “...You haven’t said a word. Can you speak?”

Lemura didn’t think they could, so they shook their head.

“Can you do that telepathy thing you did with Zayn?”

Lemura frowned, closing their eyes. What had they done with Zayn? They had just… really trusted him…

...Simon wasn’t as openly nice as Zayn… But he was still nice, wasn’t he? He was friends with Zayn, and helping them get healed.

They felt… Another connection.

I… think so?

Simon jumped a little. “C… can you do that anyone?”

I don’t know?

Simon sighed. “Can you write?

Lemura nodded confidently.

“I’m going to get you a paper and pen so you can actually say things without a translator. Stay here until Papina gets back,” Simon instructed her, before leaving.

Lemura was left standing in the room. She glanced around again, before sitting on a bench.

Lemura would prefer exploring… But will wait for now.

Hey Lemura, they said you were some kind of famous figure, right? When Papina and Simon get back, you should ask them what and how they know about you.

Round 2
    Armageddon Bunker, Mess Hall

Spoiler:
    Lemura Angelus
    Steel/Fairy
    87/150
    20/100
    Paralyzed

~~(Recommended Listening: Crystal Crossing(Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)))~~

Lemura looked around, waiting for several minutes, before finally standing up. They made their way over to the door that Papina had vanished into, curiously peering in.

The room seemed to be a kitchen of some kind… almost? There was a stove and sink, with pots of some kind of broth simmering on it, but it seemed to be more of a storage room than anything. It was crammed to the ceiling with cabinets and crates and barrels and boxes, stacked haphazardly and teetering. Papina flitted nonchalantly between them, warbling an off-key and boisterous song as she collected what she felt she needed.

Papina flitted out the door again, over Lemura’s head.

“Hey, sit down,” Papina told grabbing them and steering them to the nearest table and bench. “Now stay still. I’m not having you up and wandering around while I’m treating you.”

Papina started laying out berries on the table. “So you’re paralyzed, probably low on Life and Aura too. So I got a cheri, some orans, some leppas. You’re like one of them synths, right? Magnemites ‘n klinks and stuff?” she questioned.

Lemura thought for a moment, then nodded.

“Great. Some of ‘em have mouths, you got one?”

Lemura responded by opening their mouth.

“Good.” Papina tapped the table near the berries. “Eat up.”

Lemura slowly ate the berries. She couldn’t taste any of them.

Lemura used the cheri, orans, and leppas.

Paralysis has been lifted. Life and aura have been restored.

Papina gestured at Lemura’s missing arm. “Wish I could do somethin’ ‘bout that, but we don’t get much in the way of supplies out here. An’ even then, there’s a limit to what medicine does. Then again, you’re lucky you’ve got one arm-- ‘mons like slugmas don’t get any!” The beautifly chortled.

Lemura heard Simon enter again, moving to sit besides her and deposit a stack of papers and a pen. He looked at her expectantly.

...What?

Simon blinked, then frowned. “You don’t know?”

Know what?

“When you want someone to do something for you, you say please. When they do it, you say thank you.”

Oh. Lemura nodded, picked up the pen, and then wrote ‘Thank you, Simon.’ After a moment she added ‘Thank you for the medicine too’.

Papina shrugged it off. “It’s my job. Speaking of which. Gotta get back to that.” She fluttered off.

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    Hey Lemura, they said you were some kind of famous figure, right? When Papina and Simon get back, you should ask them what and how they know about you.
    Lemura thought for a moment. You knew my name. Why?

Simon swished his tails in thought. “...Zayn’s mentor is an archaeologist. He’s training to be one too. They were researching ancient myths, looking for something in the past that might help Halae in the present. They thought the legend of the ‘Divine Clockwork Angel’, named ‘Lemura Angelus’, were the most promising.” He frowned. “I thought even if you were real, you’d be too old to move. Guess I was wrong.”

Save from what?

Simon’s eyes widened. “Wait… you don’t know?”

I just woke up. I know some stuff I think. But not much.

Simon gathered his fluffy tails around himself. “...You’re supposedly the ‘Savior of Stina’. This world is Stina. A long time ago, Darkrai predicted a ‘Scourge of Stina’ would come to kill us, and Cresselia predicted a ‘Savior of Stina’ would come to destroy it. The Scourge of Stina… Her name is Sanguinaria.” Simon’s voice turned cold and hateful. “I… Ask Skye about her.”

There was a noise. Lemura turned to the door to look.

Two other Pokemon had entered the room. First there was Zayn. Lemura waved at him. He smiled and waved back.

With him was a tall, biped, green reptilian Pokemon in a fur-lined turquoise cloak.

Lemura’s curious about these strangers.
    Last edited by LKWayvern; 08-28-2017 at 08:41 PM.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    >>Try communicating via telepathy with the stranger, and Inquire about Sanguinaria, the "Scourge of Stina"

(Sorry if I'm doing this wrong)
    Last edited by Shruikan; 08-30-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Round 3

Spoiler:
    Lemura Angelus
    Magearna - Agender
    150/150
    100/100

~~(Recommended Listening: Crystal Crossing(Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)))~~

Zayn strode back over at Lemura. “Hey! Are you feeling better now?”

Lemura nodded, flexing their fingers. Her attention drifted back to the other Pokemon as they came closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    >>Try communicating via telepathy with the stranger, and Inquire about Sanguinaria, the "Scourge of Stina"
    They tried forging that connection they had formed with Zayn and Simon with that other Pokemon.

It was… the species was… sceptile, right?

Lemura closed their eyes.

...They… they couldn’t find it. They didn’t… Zayn had been the first Pokemon they had met, besides the amauras… And Zayn trusted Simon, and he seemed kind of nice…

Maybe… they could only connect with Pokemon that they trusted…? They… didn’t really know this Pokemon though… so they couldn’t connect yet?

They grabbed their pen again, writing furiously on the paper. “Hello. My name is Lemura.”

The sceptile smiled. “I know, dear. But it is nevertheless nice to meet you, Lemura.” She extended a hand. “My name is Skye Prencea.”

That name was familiar, wasn’t it?

Oh, yes! Zayn had said that Skye was his mentor.

They glanced back at Zayn. He smiled back at them.

He… liked and trusted her a lot… didn’t he? He seemed to.

That was enough for them.

...It’s nice to meet you.

Skye’s eyeridge raised. “Curious. So you do have telepathy.”

I have questions.

“I’m sure that you do.” Skye looked back at Zayn and Simon. “You two can go.”

Simon left the table. Zayn remained seated.

“I’d like to stay with Lemura, if that’s okay,” he said.

Skye nodded. “Very well. Angelus, your questions?”

You knew who I was before I said who I was. And you said something about… Sanguinaria?

Skye sat down at the table, clasping her clawed hands together. Worry crossed her face.

“Sanguinaria… A very long time ago, there were twin Pokemon gifted with the ability to see the future: Cresselia and Darkrai. Darkrai predicted that a predator would come from beyond our world, and the predator would be named the Scourge of Stina. Cresselia predicted that a vengeful hunter would give chase, and come to our world in pursuit of the Scourge, and they would be the Savior of Stina.”

“But Cresselia and Darkrai also said that you’d need a physical body. So Heatran forged one and gave it to the Queen of Halae to keep safe. But then… Well, there was a war because other countries wanted your body for a weapon, and they last track of where you were,” Zayn said.

Skye smiled again. “...Well. We found you again. Thank Mew.” Her expression sobered again. “At any rate… a few decades ago, a creature known as Sanguinaria entered Stina. We have never seen her species before, and she possesses powers no Pokemon is known to have. Therefore… we suspect that she is the Scourge. The fact that Legendary Pokemon refuse to fight her confirmed the suspicions of most Stinans.”

Zayn pulled his cloak a bit closer about himself.

“She… Well. She seems to have hypnotic abilities-- most of the time she drags Pokemon into her fortress and they’re never seen again. But sometimes they’re… ‘recruited’ by her. It’s unknown what she does to those that aren’t seen again, but a popular theory is that they’re eaten,” Skye continued. “Well… Many Pokemon have given up hope. Small groups are trying to resist her to some extent-- some are allied, others merely want to survive. We’re… could we be considered one of them?” Skye paused, tilting her head in thought.

“Well, we’re trying to save Stina!” Zayn said.

“I suppose so, then. We’re the Armageddon Archaeologists. Because several of us are archaeologists, and we live in Armageddon Bunker, an old fort from the Titan War built to last until the end of time itself. We decided that since the Scourge was obviously real, the Savior must be as well. We spent the last few years searching for hints of your location, and they finally seem to have paid off…” Skye smiled fondly at Lemura.

Lemura felt… strange.

They really had something bit to take care of… And they had not a clue as to how to do something like defeat Sanguinaria. They didn’t even know very much about her. Skye had said she was from another world, and could use hypnotism or something… What if she hypnotized Lemura?

They didn’t know anything. They didn’t know how to do this.

Lemura’s… honestly kind of scared…

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

>>> Inquire more about future plans for the team.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Round 3
    Mess Hall, Armageddon Bunker

Spoiler:
    Lemura Angelus
    Magearna - Agender
    150/150
    100/100

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    >>> Inquire more about future plans for the team.
    Umm… Do I um… fight Sanguinaria… now?

Skye’s eyes widened. “What? No no, of course not! I was not sure what to expect of you… But if you are unsure what to do next, then we may discuss it. If you need help, me and my group will be glad to provide it. Anything to restore peace in Stina.” She smiled reassuringly.

Lemura nodded, feeling a little relieved. ‘So what are we doing?

“Well, I would like to discuss matters with Artemis before making any decisions. However… I have a friend with a rather large library. Darkrai and Cresselia’s prophecies were actually quite long, and if I could borrow a copy of them they may contain instructions for what you must do next. Artemis may have other suggestions, though,” Skye said. She stood up. “Speaking of whom, I should find her. If you don’t have any other questions, perhaps Zayn could give you a tour around the base?”

Lemura is listening for other suggestions…