Page 359 of 364 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,590 of 3633

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Had to block this guy who I met when I went to a camp last weekend (we spoke twice when we ran into each other by accident on separate days). We barely spoke then he tracked me down on Facebook, bragged about how he basically stalked me (xD) and then kept messaging me. Like, just small talk. Relentlessly. I left it for a few days and he talked to me again today and I kept dropping hints that I wasn't interested and then just straight up asked him why he added me on Facebook, and he said because he thought I was cool and I was thinking, 'How do I respond to this?' It was low-key giving me a bit of anxiety and I was very obviously not interested so after consulting with friends, I ended up blocking him. xD I felt bad, but I was also really uncomfortable and I feel like being less personal was better than saying something that might have offended him haha. Ugh. It's awkward but yeah. Won't be accepting friend requests like that again. XD

Administrator

It can be hard to decide what to do without offending someone. Especially these days. So I think you did the right thing, Xanthe. I wouldn't worry too much. At least it's better than keeping that stress around causing you more anxiety. Sure it may be awkward, but at least it's out of the way. I try not to add anyone I don't know like that for reasons just like that. I'd rather not deal with weird situations like that xD.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It can be hard to decide what to do without offending someone. Especially these days. So I think you did the right thing, Xanthe. I wouldn't worry too much. At least it's better than keeping that stress around causing you more anxiety. Sure it may be awkward, but at least it's out of the way. I try not to add anyone I don't know like that for reasons just like that. I'd rather not deal with weird situations like that xD.
    Ahaha, thanks, Chakky. Yeah, it was just a weird situation. He was being very vague and weird and was just talking small talk with me, yet asked me why I hadn't replied after an hour. XD Anyway. Good to avoid those situations.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Had to block this guy who I met when I went to a camp last weekend (we spoke twice when we ran into each other by accident on separate days). We barely spoke then he tracked me down on Facebook, bragged about how he basically stalked me (xD) and then kept messaging me. Like, just small talk. Relentlessly. I left it for a few days and he talked to me again today and I kept dropping hints that I wasn't interested and then just straight up asked him why he added me on Facebook, and he said because he thought I was cool and I was thinking, 'How do I respond to this?' It was low-key giving me a bit of anxiety and I was very obviously not interested so after consulting with friends, I ended up blocking him. xD I felt bad, but I was also really uncomfortable and I feel like being less personal was better than saying something that might have offended him haha. Ugh. It's awkward but yeah. Won't be accepting friend requests like that again. XD
    Hey, where'd you go?

Yeah that's kind of weird though... Sorry you went through that. :(
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 06-17-2019 at 02:42 AM.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Hey, where'd you go?

Yeah that's kind of weird though... Sorry you went through that. :(
    XD Ugh exactly.

Ah it's all good. Shoulda listened to you, ahaha.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    XD Ugh exactly.

Ah it's all good. Shoulda listened to you, ahaha.
    Being a kind person and caring about people seems like it's always a good thing, but yeah, sometimes stuff like that happens. :[ Sometimes you gotta set your boundaries, for your own sake.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

That's pretty weird! It was nice of you to give him a chance. Can't blame you for blocking him when he was being so weird and persistent. I think it's a good lesson for people to learn. They can still be nice people but need to learn that lesson. Good on you for sticking to your boundaries. :)
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    That's pretty weird! It was nice of you to give him a chance. Can't blame you for blocking him when he was being so weird and persistent. I think it's a good lesson for people to learn. They can still be nice people but need to learn that lesson. Good on you for sticking to your boundaries. :)
    Ahaha, thanks, Sarah. Yeah, I really gotta just...not engage with people when I think something is off. At least he hasn't tried contacting me in any other way. XD

Administrator

Ahaha, thanks, Sarah. Yeah, I really gotta just...not engage with people when I think something is off. At least he hasn't tried contacting me in any other way. XD
    Yeah some people will go as far as to make alternate accounts to try and get access back. So be careful of that for sure.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah some people will go as far as to make alternate accounts to try and get access back. So be careful of that for sure.
    Indeed, I shall! Not much he can really do aside from try to message me anyway, haha.