Thread: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everybody, I hope 2024 brings you all that you want it to, and nothing that you don't!

Anything big coming up this year, or anything big happen in the year we just left behind?
    Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
    Happy New Year everybody, I hope 2024 brings you all that you want it to, and nothing that you don't!

Anything big coming up this year, or anything big happen in the year we just left behind?
    Thanks Elbub! Happy New Year to you and all the PXR community!

... I was going to say that your favourite Pokemon finally got an evolution, until I remembered that Dudunsparce was revealed in 2022. :o However, 2023 was the year that gave us an easier way to obtain its 3 segment form (via Pokemon Home)!

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

It did - entirely unnecessarily, but I love Dudunsparce as well, particularly the fact that the whole evolution seems to be a troll to the people wanting something more sophisticated.

I can't say I saw the easier way to obtain the 3 segment form - I'll have to investigate!

It did - entirely unnecessarily, but I love Dudunsparce as well, particularly the fact that the whole evolution seems to be a troll to the people wanting something more sophisticated.

I can't say I saw the easier way to obtain the 3 segment form - I'll have to investigate!
    Here is the easier way to obtain the 3 segment form : a Hardy Dunsparce with the ability Serene Grace obtained in a gen 3 or 4 game has a 50% chance of evolving into a 3 segment Dudunsparce (after being transferred to Scarlet and Violet via Pokemon Home).
    Any other Dunsparce from gen 3 and 4 games will always evolve into a 2 segment Dudunsparce, unless it was obtained in Pokemon Colosseum.
    Indeed, any Hardy Dunsparce from Pokemon Colosseum (regardless of ability) has a 25% chance of evolving into a 3 segment Dudunsparce, and any Pokemon Colosseum Dunsparce with a different nature will always evolve into a 2 segment Dudunsparce.

Source 1
    Source 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Here is the easier way to obtain the 3 segment form : a Hardy Dunsparce with the ability Serene Grace obtained in a gen 3 or 4 game has a 50% chance of evolving into a 3 segment Dudunsparce (after being transferred to Scarlet and Violet via Pokemon Home).
    Any other Dunsparce from gen 3 and 4 games will always evolve into a 2 segment Dudunsparce, unless it was obtained in Pokemon Colosseum.
    Indeed, any Hardy Dunsparce from Pokemon Colosseum (regardless of ability) has a 25% chance of evolving into a 3 segment Dudunsparce, and any Pokemon Colosseum Dunsparce with a different nature will always evolve into a 2 segment Dudunsparce.

Source 1
    Source 2
    Thank you very much, that's fascinating!

Although I think if I want to shiny hunt one, catching Dunsparce in SV will be my best option. And it'll give me lots of shiny Dunsparce and 2-segment Dudunsparce to give away.

Thank you very much, that's fascinating!

Although I think if I want to shiny hunt one, catching Dunsparce in SV will be my best option. And it'll give me lots of shiny Dunsparce and 2-segment Dudunsparce to give away.
    I think the easiest way to get a shiny 3 segment Dudunsparce is the Poke Radar in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum (with a Hardy Pokemon with the Sychronize ability in the first slot of your party), if you are good at using the Poke Radar.

Anyway, good luck with your shiny 3 segment Dudunsparce hunt, if you decide to go for it!

7. This post has been liked by:

Elbub