Page 259 of 365 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    kingdom hearts 2.8 comes out tonight!
    It's already out here. xD I was going to but then I realised I haven't really played any of the others (except 1, 2 & 358/2 Days) so I'm waiting until KH 1.5 and 2.5 come to PS4 first.

I'm patiently waiting on Digimon World: Next Order and Tales of Berseria which are being released on Friday, though. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

It's already out here. xD I was going to but then I realised I haven't really played any of the others (except 1, 2 & 358/2 Days) so I'm waiting until KH 1.5 and 2.5 come to PS4 first.

I'm patiently waiting on Digimon World: Next Order and Tales of Berseria which are being released on Friday, though. :D
    Pffft Future People. I live in the present and it hasnt come out here yet.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Haha yeah I'd wanna adopt all the puppies! xD That's weird they didn't contact you. Maybe they had enough people at the time. I know a lot of charities often have volunteer positions for helping with events and even admin stuff. Maybe you could look into that as you're great at organising things and have awesome graphics skills! :D

I wish there was a better way of finding jobs than just having to be in the right place at the right time. :( If they knew how great you are, people would be BEGGING you to work with them! Let me know if you ever need a reference. ;)
    I'm guessing that's probably the case and they just didn't have any free slots available. And thanks for the compliments. :3

And yeah, finding jobs does seem to be too much about knowing the right people and all about who just has more luck in the end. But thanks for your support, though. Hopefully something will come through. :3

Administrator

Tonights the big game release! Anyone else getting it?
    kingdom hearts 2.8 comes out tonight!
    Oh I'll be getting it RIGHT after work tomorrow for sure. Not sure if I'll play it yet because I'm gonna be hanging out with my friend tomorrow. He's gonna try helping fix my laptop too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I've been kind of in panic mode when it comes to job searching. Last week, 32 job applications. Week before, 23 job applications. Week before that, 23 job applications again. And it's official, I've been unemployed for a full year now. The longer it takes to get something, the worse it gets because hiring managers look down upon people that have been unemployed for a while and it starts raising questions about why no one wants to hire you.

And I have NO IDEA what I'm doing wrong either. I've had great interviews and I've had the experience needed for the positions I'm applying to. I've been complimented on my background experience and I've had great feedback from recruiters about the interviews I've had. I've even be willing to take lower pay rates that what I was making earlier just to have something. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. :c
    That's a hard thing about finding a job. If certain qualifications aren't met, or there's a reason. Hiring managers now tend to not let anyone know "why" you aren't getting hired. It's awful. Not only on their part, but for US. Because we don't know what's wrong if not. As you said. It makes future hiring managers question why you weren't working for so long. When interviews go well and you hear NOTHING back. WHAT'S THE DEAL?! It doesn't make sense how some businesses are run now. Before I had this job. I lost track of how many I applied for. How many did I ever hear back from? 2. Just. 2. One being a job where my dad works (really big government based) and my current job. The other one told me they were just looking for people more qualified at the time. THAT is just the thing you need to hear back. It's not that hard people. If you find trouble soong it. I'm SURE there more that can donuour job better. If a msnager can't even take some time to explain to someone why they aren't being hired. At least not leaving someone who is still awaiting a response in total darkness

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Oh I'll be getting it RIGHT after work tomorrow for sure. Not sure if I'll play it yet because I'm gonna be hanging out with my friend tomorrow. He's gonna try helping fix my laptop too.

That's a hard thing about finding a job. If certain qualifications aren't met, or there's a reason. Hiring managers now tend to not let anyone know "why" you aren't getting hired. It's awful. Not only on their part, but for US. Because we don't know what's wrong if not. As you said. It makes future hiring managers question why you weren't working for so long. When interviews go well and you hear NOTHING back. WHAT'S THE DEAL?! It doesn't make sense how some businesses are run now. Before I had this job. I lost track of how many I applied for. How many did I ever hear back from? 2. Just. 2. One being a job where my dad works (really big government based) and my current job. The other one told me they were just looking for people more qualified at the time. THAT is just the thing you need to hear back. It's not that hard people. If you find trouble soong it. I'm SURE there more that can donuour job better. If a msnager can't even take some time to explain to someone why they aren't being hired. At least not leaving someone who is still awaiting a response in total darkness
    I still have to the buy the PS4....lol mistakes were made.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Administrator

Tonights the big game release! Anyone else getting it?
    I still have to the buy the PS4....lol mistakes were made.
    Oh I had to be prepared for that, KH3, and FF15 and more. So I got a PS4, 2 games, and 2 controllers for $175? I think? Not a bad deal for its condition too.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Given I don't own a PlayStation… no. Have fun for those of you getting it!

I've made decent progress in my BB reply. Gonna be making quite a few team alterations woot.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait for KH3. Meanwhile 2.8 will provide a good few weeks of new lead-in content. Making things even more confusing than they already are.

The time is upon us...

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I'm sure it'll be worth the wait for KH3. Meanwhile 2.8 will provide a good few weeks of new lead-in content. Making things even more confusing than they already are.
    That's what KH does best! ;D

The job market is really a pain in the rear. It shouldn't take 100s of applications to find simple work, especially when you have all the right qualifications. I know someone who has gone back to school because he couldn't find work with his degree. He had a rough time finding even a retail position. I can't even...

I happened to get super lucky with my library job, and I'm the first to admit it. I'm in the same field as my mom, and she allowed me to gain experience when I was younger (I helped her stamp books, shelve them, do basic mending, ect), which helped a lot. I also happened to be ready for the job as the city was hiring more; its much harder to get in now.
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I really hate that people don't get back to you about stuff you apply for, too! It's really not that hard, especially if you have an online database thing that people apply to. There must be a way to send an automatic reply to everyone saying the position has been filled or SOMETHING! I interviewed for a job in December and didn't get it, but the guy was nice enough to call and give me some tips for future interviews and let me know that he thought I would fit in well with his team but they had other applicants with more experience in the particular area. It's just really lame that you usually never hear back from people. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Sun View Post
    That's what KH does best! ;D

The job market is really a pain in the rear. It shouldn't take 100s of applications to find simple work, especially when you have all the right qualifications. I know someone who has gone back to school because he couldn't find work with his degree. He had a rough time finding even a retail position. I can't even...

I happened to get super lucky with my library job, and I'm the first to admit it. I'm in the same field as my mom, and she allowed me to gain experience when I was younger (I helped her stamp books, shelve them, do basic mending, ect), which helped a lot. I also happened to be ready for the job as the city was hiring more; its much harder to get in now.
    I know it's really difficult to get a library job here, too. That's so cool that you get to work at one! :D
    GCEA