·»Your focus determines your reality«·

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    It does. On PE2K it was my home.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Man, PE2K feels so long ago.

Looking back, though, there were a lot of things that weren't so great. I think this place was a major improvement, though I kind of wish the activity level was better.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Man, PE2K feels so long ago.

Looking back, though, there were a lot of things that weren't so great. I think this place was a major improvement, though I kind of wish the activity level was better.
    Yeah, at least we have admins here. :P

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Yeah, at least we have admins here. :P
    LMAO

Seriously, Ryan was such a terrible "admin." He came online like once every year, if even, but any time someone tried to get something moving along, he would just sit in the way on his passive throne. Plus there was so much needless drama on PE2K.

In a way, it was kind of sad when it was deleted, but then again, it kind of feels better without that place existing.

Administrator

LMAO

Seriously, Ryan was such a terrible "admin." He came online like once every year, if even, but any time someone tried to get something moving along, he would just sit in the way on his passive throne. Plus there was so much needless drama on PE2K.

In a way, it was kind of sad when it was deleted, but then again, it kind of feels better without that place existing.
    Not just that, but one's that are willing to do things that are actually beneficial to the website. Not just band-aid something and say it's "good to go."

Trust me, I know just how you feel about it being deleted. A place you spent a good few years online and made some awesome friends. Poof....gone like that. I felt that way with Gametrailers when it was delete. I spent 2006-2013 there before leaving. Nearly 7 years. Then it's just all gone. In the end, it fell to exactly how it could have. With poor staff decisions.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Not just that, but one's that are willing to do things that are actually beneficial to the website. Not just band-aid something and say it's "good to go."

Trust me, I know just how you feel about it being deleted. A place you spent a good few years online and made some awesome friends. Poof....gone like that. I felt that way with Gametrailers when it was delete. I spent 2006-2013 there before leaving. Nearly 7 years. Then it's just all gone. In the end, it fell to exactly how it could have. With poor staff decisions.
    He didn't even band-aid anything. He started by building up a great website and forum at the time, a great community was formed, and then bam, he loses interest in his own site and forum but doesn't allow access to anyone else to continue working on it in his stead. The site stopped having articles even though members were willing to write them. People also had great ideas for the forum, but they required admin access, which he didn't want to give to anyone else and he didn't help out by implementing the things the community wanted to see done. He was the sole admin for many, many years and that means no new forums could be added or modified. The most that could be modified were the features that Global/Senior mods had access to, and that only involved adding sticky threads or moving things around.

Thing is even if PE2K were still around, there was nothing stopping the spam bots in its final days. The first dozens of pages were bombarded by spam bots, so any old threads you wanted to dig up were far too buried in the mess to find. You'd spend hours just trying to find where the spam ends and where the regular old stuff begins. It would have taken weeks to clean that up, but with nothing to stop the spam bots, it was a never ending battle. So with it totally gone, it honestly doesn't feel as bad. For one thing, it's closure. It's all about moving forward now and not looking back at what happened then, but at least we can learn from it.

Administrator

He didn't even band-aid anything. He started by building up a great website and forum at the time, a great community was formed, and then bam, he loses interest in his own site and forum but doesn't allow access to anyone else to continue working on it in his stead. The site stopped having articles even though members were willing to write them. People also had great ideas for the forum, but they required admin access, which he didn't want to give to anyone else and he didn't help out by implementing the things the community wanted to see done. He was the sole admin for many, many years and that means no new forums could be added or modified. The most that could be modified were the features that Global/Senior mods had access to, and that only involved adding sticky threads or moving things around.

Thing is even if PE2K were still around, there was nothing stopping the spam bots in its final days. The first dozens of pages were bombarded by spam bots, so any old threads you wanted to dig up were far too buried in the mess to find. You'd spend hours just trying to find where the spam ends and where the regular old stuff begins. It would have taken weeks to clean that up, but with nothing to stop the spam bots, it was a never ending battle. So with it totally gone, it honestly doesn't feel as bad. For one thing, it's closure. It's all about moving forward now and not looking back at what happened then, but at least we can learn from it.
    And that's the sad part about it. Someone that put themselves out there to dedicate their own time to help improve something great. They would rather no one else has the chance to improve it and watch it fall than to prosper. It's just like how GT was for me. Spam threads or repeat threads would come up and nothing would be done with them for weeks. The sections I visit most would be overrun by so many of these. Not to mention the threads after E3, oh boy. The entire first page was usually always spammed with threads of the same game after announced. You know, the only thing I never did do back then when Mod recruitments came up. Was ask, "why I didn't make it." Most senior staff there or admins didn't seem to care to respond anyway. Only one that ever responded to me was 'Sandfox.' An Admin that came up 2 years after I came up. He was the only one that ever responded to me. One other did, but it was just to tell me not to PM him questions anymore. =(

Forum issues? They would never address them. A friend of mine was so fed up with it that he made a signature for the forum's podcast group that update everything and discussed site related issues, improvements, and articles. Needless to say it went viral and you almost could go anywhere on the forum without seeing it. He used their renders from the podcast with the animations for when they talked with some short gif to act as if they were talking. I can't find it anymore, but it was perfect for the time xD. Not very forum appropriate so I won't be posting it here anyway. Well it finally reached them and they kinda just laughed it off and denied it. =/

So yeah it's good to see that something no one cares about is finally removed rather to see it suffer, but the memories remain. It's something to hold dear to us at the very least. We all keep moving forward. That helps us learn.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Hey fun fact, I know where Ryan is. :3c
    Might meet him some day. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth