Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Lusamine a good "final boss"?

The Maddest Shaymin
    Site Editor

Senior Moderator

Was Lusamine a good "final boss"?

With USUM coming out soon, I've been taking the time to finish the Pokémon Sun journey I started in January. While I finished Moon several months ago, I never did complete Sun. So I beat Lusamine tonight and candidly, her battle was a bit… disappointing. I mean, other than Ghetsis, not of the evil boss teams have had extraordinarily tough teams. Ghetsis kind of set the bar for that and I was hoping with all the cut scenes and such leading up to Lusamine's battle that it'd be tougher. But it wasn't. I was able to one shot all her Pokémon except Clefable and Milotic. Though, I will say, having all her Pokémon glare at you is really intimidating at first. So props there. But even with the totem aura boosts or whatever, she doesn't even have a full team.

Was anyone else disappointed or do you think she's a good final boss equivalent?
    /// /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

I think they most disappointing part about her was the fact that she didn't have a full team. I think if she had one more then it would have been enough to make her a challenge.

There was also the fact that you can wall her Bewear with a Mimikyu in both battles. It does get Pain Split to do something to Mimikyu but if you decide to just leave it out there then eventually you can just wear it down.

I also can't really find the theme with her team. It isn't like the others had a strong one but after Ghetsis and Colress who had loose themes, I expected Lusamine to have something interesting. As seen below:

Ghetsis: A direct counter to N's team.
    Colress: Machines and man-made Pokemon(!!!)

So I guess we just have to see what they do with her in UltraSun and Ultra Moon.
    I need ideas for a new signature. Will take requests. Send DM.

I was a bit disappointed with her battle. At first I had a bit of trouble with her Clefable but that was because my team was badly designed all my pokemon were quite slow and fragile, as it seems to be the trend with Alola. All I did then was get a Mimikyu and bam, defeated. That bewear was probably the easiest I have battled. I just used Mimikyu, couldn't hit me with it's moves. I always made sure that mimikyu had battled her previous pokemon so when her Bewear came out and used pain split it healed me and hurt itself then I would ko it. If she had a sixth pokemon and they were a little tougher I would have liked that. The whole story seemed to put her up to being this mighty trainer who now tapped into the unknown power of the ultrabeasts and it was quite anticlimactic.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs
    Checkout my Etsy Store!

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Yeah, she was easy for me too, though I still feel she was at least more challenging than Lysandre was (seriously that guy was such a pushover it's depressing. And it doesn't help that you get a nice little Legendary right before fighting him. A Legendary that he doesn't even have a counter for, mind you). Honestly, I feel like with Lusamine there was a huge missed opportunity: we could have directly fought Motherbeast Lusamine herself. Like, have her be an actual active fighter rather than just act like any other trainer. Imagine how awesome that would have been. Heck, maybe to make things even tougher, have her Pokemon fight alongside her, Totem-style.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-22-2018 at 10:23 PM.

5. This post has been liked by:

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    Yeah, she was easy for me too, though I still feel she was at least more challenging than Lysandre was (seriously that guy was such a pushover it's depressing. And it doesn't help that you get a nice little Legendary right before fighting him. A Legendary that he doesn't even have a counter for, mind you). Honestly, I feel like with Lusamine there was a huge missed opportunity: we could have directly fought Motherbeast Lusamine herself. Like, have her be an actual active fighter rather than just act like any other trainer. Imagine how awesome that would have been. Heck, maybe to make things even tougher, have her Pokemon fight alongside her, Totem-style.
    Yo, this is what I'm saying. I couldn't even tell you why, but I absolutely love Lusamine, not just in spite of, but because she plays the whole "lol she's crazyeee" thing completely straight, and it works. She's absolutely sick when you get to her in the Ultra Dimension, and when she fuses with the Nihilego, her appearance and physical strength grows to match the monster she already became.

And then she throws a Pokeball.

I feel like there was a huge miscommunication there. Ultra Beasts were already barely pokemon to begin with, I figured it'd be like some sort of eldritch, otherworldly threat that we would have to physically take down, not, uh, beat it in a pokemon duel. Which somehow means she loses her powers.
    "You kids have a nice day."

Best-looking boss by now, that's for sure! I love her deign and idea despite her being a lunatic!

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    I think they did some things right and some things wrong with her.

Her Bewear was set up bait for Mimikyu too. Don't need to wear it down if you can just 1-shot it with like anything after a few swords dances.

My most disappointing thing was the fact that she merged with a pokemon and also didn't have a full team. Literally prime time for her to join the battle as a beefed up nihilego. It would have been like, "You defeated my pretties. I must protect them, so I'll fight you myself!" Ya agreed, Arrow. :3
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Actually fighting Lusamine would have been really cool! But yeah, I didn't have any trouble with her team. I think it was a cool set up and everything but they shouldn't shy away from making opponents actually difficult.
    GCEA

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Ya the key thing was that hapu was harder and she came before lusamine
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

your turn to roll Suicune's Fire's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I honestly do not remember battling her. XD I mean, I remember the scene and I remember THAT you battle her, but I don't recall whether it was hard or easy or whatever. I don't remember having trouble with her though. It was disappointing that she didn't have a full team though. It would have been awesome to battle against Lusamine herself. I remember expecting it to happen, but it didn't.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii