Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Location for Worlds 2018

Worlds 2017 has ended so that means time to think about Worlds 2018!

The 2017 Pokemon World Championships in Anaheim, California has just concluded. The crowning of the World Champions in the TCG, Video Game and Pokemon Tournament has been done. Though, while everybody was celebrating their crowning moment, the location for Worlds 2018 was announced.
    Those who want a chance to earn the title of Pokemon World Champion will need to travel to Nashville, Tennessee.
    If you want the chance to attend the Pokemon World Championships in Nashville, Tennessee then you will need to earn that invite. Best of luck to those who are on the path to Worlds 2018!
    The post Location for Worlds 2018 appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

Administrator

Oh? Oh boy! I may yet have a chance to go come next year. If they do what they did this year and you need to apply for a pass then I'll just have to save time off from work and put in for those days off. Just to make sure I can go there and come back. Sounds like an awesome time. Probably a jazzy (not snazzy) Pikachu too!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

A fiddle playing cowboy-chu would also look really cute (since Nashville is best known for country music, after all, but even though country music is the main attraction, they have everything from Bach to rock down there.)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

I just wish I had the time and money to go to an event. Not even to participate, but just to be able to see the events in person. But it's cool that the next Worlds event is in Nashville. I think it was last in Nashville back in '09. Could be wrong though.
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja level100@1748 ★
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Weird that worlds is always in America... I mean I get they don't wanna do it in Japan (even though most Pokemon fans are from there) as it's already the home of Pokemon and this is supposed to seem more international or whatever. But there are other counties in the world besides America. It would be cool to see it in Europe or something!
    GCEA

Administrator

I guess cause they can fund it easier here in America and it's kinda in the middle. More places to choose from? Not sure

Either way, I'm starting to save up now for this trip. I gotta make it in some how. Even if I go for the Pokken Tournament Last Chance Qualifiers or just to go for fun. I need, NEEEEEEED me a picture with one of those Pikachu! =D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

If school doesn't get in the way then I could actually try to go to Worlds this year. It will not be to compete but it would be awesome to cover Worlds on site. I can afford it too.

Though I had a fun time doing a viewing party for Worlds this year with friends. So we see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Weird that worlds is always in America... I mean I get they don't wanna do it in Japan (even though most Pokemon fans are from there) as it's already the home of Pokemon and this is supposed to seem more international or whatever. But there are other counties in the world besides America. It would be cool to see it in Europe or something!
    I think the reason why they do Worlds in the US because the majority of the competitors come from America. So it is easier for them to get to some place in the US. The second highest amount of players come from Japan which is why we see most Worlds on the West Coast. Easier for the Japanese. Everybody else are going have to pay to come to Worlds or get travel awards from Pokemon.

Either way, I am glad that next year's Worlds isn't in California. I was actually getting worried it was going to be in San Diego or something.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    If school doesn't get in the way then I could actually try to go to Worlds this year. It will not be to compete but it would be awesome to cover Worlds on site. I can afford it too.

Though I had a fun time doing a viewing party for Worlds this year with friends. So we see what happens.

I think the reason why they do Worlds in the US because the majority of the competitors come from America. So it is easier for them to get to some place in the US. The second highest amount of players come from Japan which is why we see most Worlds on the West Coast. Easier for the Japanese. Everybody else are going have to pay to come to Worlds or get travel awards from Pokemon.

Either way, I am glad that next year's Worlds isn't in California. I was actually getting worried it was going to be in San Diego or something.
    Have they done Worlds in the same state twice in a row before? I was in Cali this year. I couldn't picture them going to San Diego or some place else in Cali again next year.

Spoiler:

The applause, applause, applause~ MC Elesa's Avatar
    Editor-in-Chief

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
    Have they done Worlds in the same state twice in a row before? I was in Cali this year. I couldn't picture them going to San Diego or some place else in Cali again next year.
    It was in California last year.

Also, it was in California for 2005 and 2006.
    Currently Playing: "CHRISTMAS!!!!"

By Neo Emolga

Quote Originally Posted by MC Elesa View Post
    It was in California last year.

Also, it was in California for 2005 and 2006.
    Wow. I guess I don't remember that. I'm now glad they changed the location. I wonder why they do the same year twice in a row sometimes.

Spoiler: