Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rust Maniacs

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    College break is ending soon (at least for me)! Can we do this on Saturday night maybe?

@Noblejanobii
    @Chakramaster
    @Whoever else

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    College break is ending soon (at least for me)! Can we do this on Saturday night maybe?

@Noblejanobii
    @Chakramaster
    @Whoever else
    If we play early Saturday night I can. I wouldn't be able to stay up too late. Got work this weekend sadly. But yeah I'd love to play!

Tagging @Neo Emolga cause he's got it too. If he wants to join too if we decide to play.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Also there's @Dragon Master Mike but he hasn't played in a while so IDK if he wants to.

Guess you could say he's rusty...

My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    If we play early Saturday night I can. I wouldn't be able to stay up too late. Got work this weekend sadly. But yeah I'd love to play!

Tagging @Neo Emolga cause he's got it too. If he wants to join too if we decide to play.
    I still need to figure out how this game works and what you're supposed to do. :P

I joined one game/server and there were like twenty guys in tighty-whities running around with automatic rifles and machine guns shooting and spawn-killing each other in a total mayhem free for all. I died like ten times before even getting the chance to shoot at someone else, though eventually I gunned down a few other almost butt-naked men. Thankfully past FPS experience came in handy, though I have a feeling this is someone's ridiculous mod at work and isn't how the game usually goes considering what I remember from that video on the Steam product page.

My guess is it's meant to be more like a survival, build up a base, craft tools/gear/weapons and then fight other players kind of thing. If that's the case, well, I haven't gotten to that stuff yet, but I certainly know how combat typically goes! XD

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I still need to figure out how this game works and what you're supposed to do. :P

I joined one game/server and there were like twenty guys in tighty-whities running around with automatic rifles and machine guns shooting and spawn-killing each other in a total mayhem free for all. I died like ten times before even getting the chance to shoot at someone else, though eventually I gunned down a few other almost butt-naked men. Thankfully past FPS experience came in handy, though I have a feeling this is someone's ridiculous mod at work and isn't how the game usually goes considering what I remember from that video on the Steam product page.

My guess is it's meant to be more like a survival, build up a base, craft tools/gear/weapons and then fight other players kind of thing. If that's the case, well, I haven't gotten to that stuff yet, but I certainly know how combat typically goes! XD
    Ummmm, sounds like you joined the worst possible kind of server xD. Modded, and censored.

Basic and natural servers you start out butt-naked with nothing and work your way up. Building a base and trying to improve on it while staying alive and healthy. You won't get real guns for awhile unless you're lucky. Best way to learn is to learn by playing. With friends :)

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Ummmm, sounds like you joined the worst possible kind of server xD. Modded, and censored.

Basic and natural servers you start out butt-naked with nothing and work your way up. Building a base and trying to improve on it while staying alive and healthy. You won't get real guns for awhile unless you're lucky. Best way to learn is to learn by playing. With friends :)
    Okay, yeah, that makes more sense.

I mean, that other server wasn't bad, but I was kind of thinking "what is up with this game, lol."

I definitely need to try it the real way it's meant to be played. XD

I mean, that other server wasn't bad, but I was kind of thinking "what is up with this game, lol."

Yeah, it's impossible to get anywhere by yourself. XD You need a squad. Us.

My Links

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Yeah, it's impossible to get anywhere by yourself. XD You need a squad. Us.
    Yah without a few friends it's insanely tough to progress while at the same time tough cause you all need food and water. We can try this weekend if you want. Relearn things myself and you both learn more with me.

The time is upon us...

Sounds good to me!

My Links

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

basically the way to play this game is get a bunch of people and play in a several hour marathon so you can get a base put together where you can take shelter before someone comes along and wrecks you and takes all your stuff and makes you start over. Once you have a decent base together you're relatively safe, but it's still inevitable that someone is gonna come raid you while you're offline.