Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty No. 9

Anomalous Eldritch Cryptid Saraibre Ryu's Avatar

Mighty No. 9

Mighty No. 9 is a game project headed by father of the famous Blue Bomber, Megaman, and as such the game is a spiritual successor to that very franchise. There is currently a Kickstarter page on the project and within 24 hours, they're already reached their minimum pledge.

As a Megaman fan, I'm excited [as some other company won't do anything about Megaman] as Keiji Inafune was very upset that so many of his fans were let down, and he is trying to do what MML3 wasn't able to do. I plan on helping fund the Kickstarter [when I have money to do it] and for those who do, they're rewarded for it as listed further down the page. It's a newer franchise and I'm excited for it, and no doubt I'll probably enter in some of the future contests and put in my fan input. dA has EXPLODED with fan art and love for the project and the main character, and I can see this is going to be a healthy fandom.

Let the discussion begin!

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa
    Hatch: 2883
    Clefairy: 2988
    Clefable: 3108
    Level100: 3168

2. This post has been liked by:

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    So far, it seems a lot like Mega Man, but also a little bit like Gamma's story from Sonic Adventure, you know, where he has to kill his brothers? I can't wait for this to come out and also...

FORM OF MAGNET BALLS

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

Since Keiji Inafune can't do anything with the franchise he made because Crapcon are a bunch of colourful words I can't say in public, MN9 is the spiritual successor to Megaman, so that's why it has that similar look and feel.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    I'd also like to say MN9 kind of looks like MM9. Just saying. xD And already past the goal is just amazing. $1,009,865 with around 17,000 backers is like, you know the people who could afford to help this just went past the limit and truly want No. 9 to come to life. Who knows, maybe it might hit consoles and replace Mega Man altogether! (If it already hasn't.)

EDIT: Just found strech goals for No. 9. $2,500,000 will get us PS3, 360, and Wii U versions!

Spoiler:

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

I don't think it will replace Megaman. I hope it doesn't but gives some company a slap in the face with a chair. I really want the money that MN9 makes to put Crapcon in bankruptcy, force them to sell Megaman and KI can buy it back with the money from MN9.

As for the stretch goals, I know that it'll hit the last one before the last day, October 1st. Over 1mil in just 24 hours and only more and more people are backing this project? It'll hit that by the end of next week most likely.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    I wonder what the question-marked goals are...

I should probably try to get this. I've never played a classic Megaman game in my life, so if Mighty Number 9-named after my favorite number, no less-is like it, then I think that getting it will be awesome.

On the other hand...I wonder if Capcom will sue for how closely related they are? :P I don't really know too much on MN9, but if they're similar enough, Capcom won't be happy...

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

There are plenty of companies that can sue Crapcon for making fighting games in such similarity to their own. If Crapcon even tries to do that, they'll be digging further into their own, spike bottomed grave. The cancellation of MML3 had their business sales drop by 2-3%, which is significant amounts of money, and there will be much fan protection and backing. It will be the biggest debate in gaming history of this year should Crapcon try to complain.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

Ahem. *adjusting glasses* Ladies and gentleman.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

That is all.

Okay, no it isn't. I just love seeing Keji in the blue shirt. Doesn't he just seem like a great guy in the video? I'm so glad he's doing this. I don't think it'll ever be able to make up for a proper ending to Megaman Legends, but Beck seems like a great new character to love, root for and kick butt with and I look forward to playing his game. AND GREAT MUSIC TO BOOT!

:']

I'm a little bit nervous about the difference between backers and pledges. Note that in any fundraiser a certain amount of pledges are just words and hype. That said, the pledge numbers are indicative that there are a ton of people who want this. All-in-all, I'm optimistic.

And if Capcom can sue over this, then that spells the end of the pop music genre. Capcom doesn't own side-scrolling, robots, and lasers. It's not like they named the main character Megaman, X, or Zero.

Btw, the concept that Beck can change his whole body? I'm gonna love to see what they do with that.
    Last edited by Sanctus; 09-03-2013 at 05:38 AM.

10. This post has been liked by:

This was in the second update of the Kickstarter today. Makes me want to cry happy. ;-;

It makes me happy to see someone so overjoyed and appreciative of fan support.

ASB Stats | VPP Stats

Flute the Clefa

What a guy. Just throw a wrench at capcom. The fans are on your side.