Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I stand corrected, the shiny Ninetales cosplay may actually be a go. She just finished it and is all ready to ship. XD

Wasn't cheap, but she showed me the pictures and it's insanely good and I think it's worth it. She definitely worked hard on this one. I was originally going to use it for conventions and stuff, but hey, this can work too. XD

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Welp I've started listening to my halloween playlist on repeat. I actually have a decent variety of songs this year rather than just Spooky Scary Skeletons on repeat.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Welp I've started listening to my halloween playlist on repeat. I actually have a decent variety of songs this year rather than just Spooky Scary Skeletons on repeat.
    Not that there's anything wrong with Spooky Scary Skeletons on repeat!

Right now I have 66 songs in my Halloween playlist. I also have a whole playlist of creepy ambiance I use just for designing and writing up Stalkers RPG content! It's mostly Silent Hill and Resident Evil stuff, but it really sets the mood. >:3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with Spooky Scary Skeletons on repeat!

Right now I have 66 songs in my Halloween playlist. I also have a whole playlist of creepy ambiance I use just for designing and writing up Stalkers RPG content! It's mostly Silent Hill and Resident Evil stuff, but it really sets the mood. >:3
    Nah nah but that's all I listened to last year so it's nice to have some variety this year. Found a lot of new songs like some stuff from Five Finger Death Punch and some other stuff that works quite well.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I stand corrected, the shiny Ninetales cosplay may actually be a go. She just finished it and is all ready to ship. XD

Wasn't cheap, but she showed me the pictures and it's insanely good and I think it's worth it. She definitely worked hard on this one. I was originally going to use it for conventions and stuff, but hey, this can work too. XD
    Wow have you got it yet? I wanna seeeeeee!
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow have you got it yet? I wanna seeeeeee!
    I wanna see it too! I haven't gotten it yet, but it's on its way. I commissioned this thing WAYYY back in early January thinking I could attend some conventions and stuff with it. For the one convention I went to, I didn't have anything that would really fit and it was kind of disappointing to go without a cosplay when so many others had one. Well, some big life events and other huge rush projects came up for her and it took a bit longer than expected, but it's finally done. I had to keep poking her for updates every month because I didn't want it to get forgotten about. She was really cool about it, though.

She had to ship it to me with the tails unstuffed because when they're stuffed, it goes beyond the maximum shipping size and only would have made it way more expensive. So I had to buy the 20 pounds worth of stuffing myself and I do that part of the job when it comes in. And all that is just for the tails. It shipped all the way from the Netherlands and currently, the package tracking says it's now in the USA and it has gotten its way through customs. So it shouldn't be too much longer. It looks like insane fun to wear. Very warm, I imagine, but Ninetales is a fire-type after all. But really, she did an awesome job on it. I wouldn't hesitate to commission something from her again, but she seems really swamped with orders and I wouldn't be surprised if she stops taking commissions for a while. I've seen some of the other cosplays she's done and they're INSANE. This girl has SERIOUS jaw-dropping skill and talent. She's cool and friendly, too.

I'll show some pictures when I have it, since what she showed me was what she had on a mannequin display with the tails unstuffed. And she showed it to me in separate pieces with no fully-assembled version. The only thing I haven't quite figured out yet is where I'm going to keep this. Might be too big for my closet! XD

Administrator

Just don't go letting anyone get cursed like I am :(

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Ohhhh man.

Okay, so I got it today! But stuffing the tails is EXHAUSTING. I got three out of nine done and already I'm kind of feeling a bit tired. Was kind of a long day at work too.

Overall consensus from the way everything looks is... this is going to feel really, really warm and fluffy. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Just don't go letting anyone get cursed like I am :(
    That might actually be really hard. There's tails... tails... TAILS EVERYWHERE!

Don't worry, though, my curses won't be as harsh. Mine will be like... for a thousand years, everything vanilla will taste like chocolate and vice versa! For a thousand years, every night you'll have a dream you win the lottery but you inevitably waste it all before you wake up! And as a third fun option, for a thousand years, you'll have some extra flecks of glitter carry along with you wherever you go. You know, the kind that seem to come out of nowhere even though you haven't handled anything glittery for years! But now... there will be more!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I wanna see it too! I haven't gotten it yet, but it's on its way. I commissioned this thing WAYYY back in early January thinking I could attend some conventions and stuff with it. For the one convention I went to, I didn't have anything that would really fit and it was kind of disappointing to go without a cosplay when so many others had one. Well, some big life events and other huge rush projects came up for her and it took a bit longer than expected, but it's finally done. I had to keep poking her for updates every month because I didn't want it to get forgotten about. She was really cool about it, though.

She had to ship it to me with the tails unstuffed because when they're stuffed, it goes beyond the maximum shipping size and only would have made it way more expensive. So I had to buy the 20 pounds worth of stuffing myself and I do that part of the job when it comes in. And all that is just for the tails. It shipped all the way from the Netherlands and currently, the package tracking says it's now in the USA and it has gotten its way through customs. So it shouldn't be too much longer. It looks like insane fun to wear. Very warm, I imagine, but Ninetales is a fire-type after all. But really, she did an awesome job on it. I wouldn't hesitate to commission something from her again, but she seems really swamped with orders and I wouldn't be surprised if she stops taking commissions for a while. I've seen some of the other cosplays she's done and they're INSANE. This girl has SERIOUS jaw-dropping skill and talent. She's cool and friendly, too.

I'll show some pictures when I have it, since what she showed me was what she had on a mannequin display with the tails unstuffed. And she showed it to me in separate pieces with no fully-assembled version. The only thing I haven't quite figured out yet is where I'm going to keep this. Might be too big for my closet! XD
    Wow Neo that is crazy! I was gonna ask about the tails. xD I'm guessing you won't be sitting down in this costume haha! Looking forward to seeing it once you've got all the tails finished! :D
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow Neo that is crazy! I was gonna ask about the tails. xD I'm guessing you won't be sitting down in this costume haha! Looking forward to seeing it once you've got all the tails finished! :D
    Yeah, sitting down just ain't happening! XD

Anyway, I just tried on the main part of the suit without the tails and it feels soooooo soft. Wow. Fits perfectly too, which was something I was a tiny bit worried about even though I gave her my exact measurements (I've had bad experiences in the past with this kind of thing). But really, the main suit feels incredibly cozy. Now it's really just a matter of stuffing the tails, setting up the harness that holds them up, and making it come together.