Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Questions and Answers Thread! [SEASON 3]

This thread is for any and all questions that Emissaries need to know about how Stalkers RPG works. If you are confused about anything, please post below and I'll be happy to answer your questions. :D

Note: For group discussions and questions directed at other players, please head to the Emissary Clubhouse! This thread is for gameplay, mechanics, general queries and other such questions.

>> Rules and Gameplay
    >> Sign-Up Thread
    >> Emissary Clubhouse

Having used Investigate, am I supposed to post again during its second cycle?

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    Having used Investigate, am I supposed to post again during its second cycle?
    You don't have to. I'll announce the results of your Investigate when the Day 2: Day cycle starts. You can just sit back, relax, and nibble on a cookie in the meantime.

4. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

So I noticed our Mission Disclosure thing went up this round. Does that mean something someone did during this round alerted a Stalker to us? Or is it just to do with the way Shala died? @Neo Emolga
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

How does type immunities like poison and steel, electric and ground, fighting or normal and ghost impact interviews?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    So I noticed our Mission Disclosure thing went up this round. Does that mean something someone did during this round alerted a Stalker to us? Or is it just to do with the way Shala died? @Neo Emolga
    That bump up in Mission Disclosure wasn't related to Shala, but... that's all I'm saying. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    How does type immunities like poison and steel, electric and ground, fighting or normal and ghost impact interviews?
    It's on the same level as being "not very effective." So for example, a psychic to dark would add more to modesty the same way fire on water does.

8. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    It's on the same level as being "not very effective." So for example, a psychic to dark would add more to modesty the same way fire on water does.
    So if I ghost interviews a normal type it just cancels out then? Since they're both "not very effective" against each other?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So if I ghost interviews a normal type it just cancels out then? Since they're both "not very effective" against each other?
    When it comes to Interviews, it's as if the Pokemon you're interviewing is defending and you're attacking using whatever type(s) your character's is (in Madder's case, Ghost and Fairy each time).

So if you have a ghost type interviewing a normal type, it's modesty that's being accounted for during the interview (because that attack is ineffective against the defending type). The only time the whole type chart thing doesn't get factored is if both the interviewee (defending) Pokemon and the player share a type. In that scenario, the interview becomes more positive because they kind of see each other more as kin. However, since BOTH of your character's types get factored, while one can be shared, the other might intimidate. For example, if you were a Pidgeot with Normal/Flying and you were interviewing a Jumpluff, you'd get +1 and have a more positive interview because you share Flying, but that SAME flying type is super-effective against Jumpluff's Grass type, so it would also count toward Intimidation.

Positive reactions come from either sharing a type with that Pokemon (regardless of whatever it's super effective or not very effective), and/or being an evolution stage that's roughly similar to the interviewee.

If you need more examples, I could give some more. I know it's a tinge bit complicated (and it took quite a while to develop this whole system), but if you need more info or if you want me to tell you what the outcome of a certain interview would be like just to understand it a bit better, that's totally fine. :3

Senior Moderator

Can the Mission Disclosure ratio go down? Or does it only rise?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Can the Mission Disclosure ratio go down? Or does it only rise?
    It only rises. But they still have 90% more to go.