Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So, Dr. janobii, what should our destination be today?

Well, Mr. Hatter, I say we go check out (38) The Escapist Bookstore!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Interview #17 Caka the Scyther
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE, VERY MODEST
    +1 Shared Pokémon Type
    +Modesty (Fighting to Flying)
    +Modesty (Fighting to Bug)

You track down Caka the Scyther and discover she has a day job of working the factory line at the Overland Metalworks, but when her shift is done, you meet with her and though she hasn't met with you, she seems to like you. You explain that you're trying to get to the bottom of the town's Stalker problem and she nods.

"Nothing these Stalkers do makes any sense," Caka tells you, looking into your eyes. "The police can't get it together, either. I've even tried talking to Kanja about it and she just gets all philosophical about it and I'm not a fan of that kind of thinking. It's just not even being realistic anymore."

She tries to recall any particular incidents that might help, trying to remember the exact details. As you come to realize, Caka is a stickler for accuracy and details and she doesn't like to even share information that could possibly be false.

"I wish I had exact information," Caka explains. "Trust me, I don't like rumors and gossip considering how outright wrong it can be. I need proof and evidence. And even then I usually end up wanting more before taking action. You know how it is."

"There is something I might be able to help you with," Caka tells you. "One of you investigators might find it handy. I know quite a few things about how to pressure Pokémon for information. It's not a pretty process and it involves a lot of talking down to them, but so often, they'll never confess otherwise. So if you're looking for some tips about how to squeeze a confession out of some schmuck, talk to me, I'll show you how a real pro gets that done. It might be helpful for what you're dealing with out here."

#17 Caka the Scyther has been recognized as a teacher for the Restrain Skill.

"Well, that's all for now," Caka tells you. "I'm still trying to validate those damn rumors, but until I do, I think it's better wait for that confirmation rather than rely on false information. Acting on a lie never makes anyone thrilled."

She then heads back to her apartment at the Dayshare Apartment complex.

Carly the Heracross (M: Bug/Fighting)
    Health: 5/5
    Sanity: 4/4
    Perk: Diplomacy | Learned Abilities: Rescue/Escape
    Failed Assassinations: 0/2

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So, Dr. janobii, what should our destination be today?

Well, Mr. Hatter, I say we go check out (38) The Escapist Bookstore!
    You decide to head over to the Escapist Bookstore, which at a first glance, doesn't even look like there's anything wrong and you can tell Devis the Torterra hasn't been dead for long considering if you didn't know, you could have sworn the store would be opening up any minute now. Despite this small area of town appearing to be quiet, you could see why this used to be an interesting place to check out.

You check the front of the store and the back, traveling around the Deckler Apartment Building and the A Goal in One Sporting Goods store, but nothing really seems that unusual. This dark gray building seems to be in okay condition as well, so you're convinced that's not really a factor.

You decide to head inside and check out the store itself. The wooden interior seems somewhat dimly lit from the outside sunlight. And while you are able to flick the lights back on, the amount of light they provide seems a bit limited especially in the darker areas toward the back of the store. Nonetheless, it's more than enough to make your way around the store and not crash into anything in the dark.

Out of respect for Devis, most of the books have been completely untouched, though you're convinced would be thieves would be more out to steal something higher in value like jewelry as opposed to literature. As you search around the shelves, you find a lot of very interesting novels that beckon to be read and delved into. Even just flipping through the first few pages strikes your inspiration. At first, you find a story titled "Unbound by Fate" about an Unfezant with multiple souls and then a novel entitled "Wishchaser" about two Chespin brothers and their sister who gain the ability to grant wishes, but it only works for others and not their own. The premises behind most of the stories seems quite captivating and you're convinced you could easily spend a lifetime in here delving into all of them. Unfortunately, given the current state of affairs, you know now's just not the time.

As you search around the store, you also discover that Devis was a collector of rare antiques and artifacts. Many of them are fascinating as well and add to the mysterious ambience of the store. However, turning around one corner of the back of the store, one of the items that you thought was one of Devis's harmless relics doesn't appear to be something that belonged to him. Not̡̡̤̳̗̬̺̮͕ͫ̇ͬ̄̉̉̚ at al͇̼͖̮̟͙̪͌̿͑́́͑́͊ͅl. Someone hid it here and you know for certain this is not something Devis would have put here himself.

It looks like a metallic display for... h̟̜͖͇̭͜e҉̤̭̝̩͓̪ͅa̡̨͔̗d̵͖͈̘͕͜͞s̵͇̹. Like a twisted, deranged version of a bust display. You're only further convinced there's something seriously wrong with this when you read the plaque on the bottom.

"THERE IS NO PURPOSE IN RELINQUISHING THE TOKEN OF SACRIFICE UNTIL THE HEADS OF THE KING AND QUEEN ARE MOUNTED HERE FOR ALL TO SEE AND DISPAIR."

As soon as you read the word "despair," a sudden macabre presence thrusts into your spi͊̉͗͌̿̔ͨͣ͘͝͏̳͉̘̩͈̱̥̝̮͙ne a͑̄͌͋͆̔͌҉҉̮͔̱̪̪̗̣̠́͟͢nd your mi͊̉͗͌̿̔ͨͣ͘͝͏̳͉̘̩͈̱̥̝̮͙nd, causing yö̶̠̠̼̲̜͚̥͉̤̮̭͙̲͔͈̼͉̬́̀̉̊̈́ͧ̍ͣ͠u to feel a sudden, dea͑̄͌͋͆̔͌҉҉̮͔̱̪̪̗̣̠́͟͢thly chill unlike a͑̄͌͋͆̔͌҉҉̮͔̱̪̪̗̣̠́͟͢ny ö̶̠̠̼̲̜͚̥͉̤̮̭͙̲͔͈̼͉̬́̀̉̊̈́ͧ̍ͣ͠ther you've felt before...

Madder has suffered 1 Damage to Sanity

Object {Head Display: Missing Head of the King, Missing Head of the Queen} #Disturbing Presence# (1 Sanity Damage) has been noted in the Team Records.

You then decide to get away from this thing and head upstairs to see what Devis had in his apartment. As you discover, it's locked, but it doesn't take much to force and disable the lock to head inside.

From what you find, Devis was slightly aloof and strange with his obsession for fantasy and fiction, but he did gather a lot of interesting things over the years. Things that probably belong in a museum, but nonetheless, you find he believed in a lot of supernatural presences and forces. You also discover he had books regarding Abyss and Utopia, and while many would have dismissed those as silly fiction, he believed it.

It almost seems like it was for this reason that the Stalkers killed him early...

You don't find too much else upstairs, so you decide to head out. Your nerves are still feeling a bit singed from that head display, and you don't feel inclined to give it another look on your way out...

Madder the Mimikyu (S: Ghost/Fairy)
    Health: 4/4
    Sanity: 3/4
    Perk: Lockpick | Learned Abilities: Exorcism

4. This post has been liked by:

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    OK, I'll search (18) Southwarren Medical Center

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    OK, I'll search (18) Southwarren Medical Center
    You approach the medium-sized medical center and begin your search around the outside. The building is mainly comprised of gray stones and concrete, but it seems to be in good shape and definitely seems modernized. It also seems that while it isn't the newest building in town, it's at least average compared to some of the much older buildings and has been updated throughout the years.

Outside, you don't really find too much besides a little debris here and there. Nothing that would signal any alarms.

Inside, it doesn't seem overly busy. As you can quickly tell, the Stalkers only focus on filling up the morgue, not the hospital beds. As a result, things are much quieter here.

The halls are painted white and have been kept clean and well-maintained. The lighting also seems adequate and while the small hospital doesn't have too many specialized areas, it has enough address the needs of each patient. At the moment, things don't seem too busy. Before the Stalkers arrived, things might have been more active around here, but now it's much quieter with an eerie feeling in the air.

On the second floor, you go through each of the rooms and find that most of these rooms are empty and inactive. You do, however, find something odd on one of the stretchers in one of the surgical rooms. It seems to be a dark-purple shred, like a piece of fabric was torn off. It seems like it belonged to a Pokémon, but you're not sure if this belonged to a patient or one of the staff. Nonetheless, you take it with you, figuring a use for something like this may come up later on.

Pokémon Sample [Purple Shred] has been added to the Team Inventory.

As you finish searching the upper floors, you head downstairs and begin going through the administrative areas. Things seem a bit more active here than in the rest of the hospital, but you do find one particular desk that looks like it hasn't been officially taken by an employee. Or at least it shouldn't have been.

What you find leads you to believe someone is using this desk when they shouldn't be. The desk itself is locked, but no name and no belongings can be found. Meanwhile, the keys to it should have been nearby had this empty desk been reserved for a future employee. You make note of it, thinking someone is hiding something in here and chances are good it's definitely something of value.

Locked Container {Medical Office Desk: Brass Desk Lock} has been noted in the Team Records.

You're not sure where the actual brass key is, but it's got to be somewhere in town.

Hope the Alolan Vulpix (S: Ice)
    Health: 4/4
    Perk: First Aid | Learned Abilities: Rescue/Escape

Senior Administrator

Night has fallen in Southwarren
    Submit your Day 1: Night Cycle Actions now!

Time Remaining:

@EmeraldSky @Noblejanobii @Bulbasaur @Scytherwolf @LKWayvern @Caite-chan @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @sammy0295 @Shruikan @Morzone

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'll search (8) Overland Metalworks Exterior

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'll search (8) Overland Metalworks Exterior
    You head over to the northeastern side of town and approach the large, dark gray building that has been operating for the last sixty years. The building itself seems a bit worn and has been in operation seemingly non-stop, but it still gets the job done like an old soldier that wants to keep fighting. The walls sometimes have some wear and tear here and the grid-shaped industrial windows definitely haven't been worked on in at least over a decade, but they still perform their function.

You make your way around the perimeter, trying to see if anything stands out as unusual. Despite signs of age and recent updates, nothing seems to strike you as significantly unusual at first. There are a few signs of neglect, but nothing that indicates something that could potentially be related to the Stalkers or any other nefarious thing going on.

When you get to the back of the building, this area seems particularly quiet and for a minute, you begin to believe your search might just turn up nothing until you see something on the concrete wall. It seems someone else has been here and has taken advantage of this quiet place's lack of scrutiny. It seems they've been keeping notes on the walls, but have also felt compelled to warn anyone that might be looking around here.

Message =Concrete Wall Message= has been noted in the Team Records.

It's hard to tell what kind of Pokémon wrote this or if they're even still alive.

You finish off your search around the perimeter of the building, but you don't find anything else that stands out as being alarmingly unusual.

Carly the Heracross (M: Bug/Fighting)
    Health: 5/5
    Perk: Diplomacy | Learned Abilities: Rescue/Escape

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Now that the night has arrived, it's time to make some mischief!

How about we interview #29 Franny the Mismagius instead?

Fiiiiine.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

11. This post has been liked by:

Hm well, a coffin at the auto-dealers is kind of weird, but I'll come back to it later. For now I think I'll go search through 10a Senger Manufacturing floors 1-3. Maybe I'll find some old supplies that could be useful.

VPP