Heavy Hitters in Detective Pikachu Shortlist

Fresh off of rumors for the start of filming for*Detective Pikachu,*talk of Legendary Pictures’ shortlist for the title character has begun.
    According to OmegaUnderground, Dwayne Johnson, known for his role in The Fast & Furious franchise and the TV series*Ballers,*has reportedly expressed interest in the role. However,*Mark Whalberg of*Ted and*Transformers fame,*Deadpool‘s Ryan Reynolds, and X-Men actor Hugh Jackman are said to be on the shortlist for Legendary Pictures first movie in what they hope will be a new franchise based on our favorite Pop Culture phenomenon.
    Back when the game was first announced, complete with a trailer with a highly emotive and frustrated Pikachu, many Pokemon fans were envisioning*Batman*and*It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia*actor Danny DeVito voicing the character in a possible dub of the point-and-click 3DS title. They even went as far to start a petition for him to voice a potential dub of the character. This was shortly before the movie was announced, and whether the announcement had anything to do with it or not, there was not a dub of the original game.
    The movie will be directed by Rob Letterman (Goosebumps) and written by Nicole Pearlman (Guardians of the Galaxy, the upcoming Captain Marvel and Alex Hirsch (Gravity Falls). Filming will reportedly begin filming in January 2018.
    Source: Omega Underground

The post Heavy Hitters in Detective Pikachu Shortlist appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

OH MY GOD THAT IS AN AMAZING SHORTLIST. I am so impressed. XD I will be happy if it's any of those lads. Or Danny DiVito. Because that would just be gold.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow that's a lot of famous people wanting to be in a Pokemon movie xD
    GCEA

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I guess it'd make sense that a lot of celebrities would like Pokemon. xD But it's still surprising to sort of acknowledge!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    The Rock has shown interest in Pokemon himself. Not so much as wanting to voice characters or anything, but some of his kids I believe have and he knows about it. Dressed as a Pikachu for one I think if I remember right. So he's familiar with it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I guess it'd make sense that a lot of celebrities would like Pokemon. xD But it's still surprising to sort of acknowledge!
    Honestly I'm one against having Danny DeVito as Pikachu. I reeeeeeeaaaaally don't think it would fit or go over too well. I can TOTALLY imagine The Rock voicing Pikachu. Would totally fit too with how he acts around the ladies (The Pikachu and Rock both) especially with that smile he has. I don't see Mark Whalberg doing very well for his voice....buuuuut Ryan Reynolds could work too! Just like he did for Deadpool. Hugh Jackman......no xD.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..