Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’ve always been fond of 13, and I found out a few years ago that I’m not the only one. My mother and her mother were both fond of 13 as well. Not sure why, but yeah.

Not insanity. Supersanity. Death's Spook's Avatar
    I’m partial to Euler’s number, but my favorite number is 1. Which seems like an odd looking choice for someone pretty mathematical, but bear with me.

1 is the fundamental number that generates all others. You get the other whole numbers by adding 1, over and over. You generate the other integers (including the all important 0) by subtracting 1. You generate multiplication first by shorthanding repeated addition (which itself is repeated +1s), which leads you to division when you invert it. You generalize division and get fractions. You shorthand repeated multiplication and division through exponentiation, which you then extend in a logical way, which gets you to irrational numbers: numbers that cannot be expressed as fractions. I could go on and on, getting to complex and trascendental and complex transcendental numbers and all of math in its entirety, but none of this would be possible without the humble number 1 acting as a generator for everything else.
    Last edited by Death's Spook; 04-15-2019 at 12:28 PM.
    Avatar taken from Scarfgirl and TheOtherChosenOne of Deviantart. Two great tastes that go great together! You know, when they aren't trying to kill each other horribly.

Ivy commands you not to touch the kitty!

Banner by Neo Emolga!

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Everyone always tells me it's weird that my favourite number is three digits, but it's 257. It's weird, but that number's kind of followed me everywhere throughout my life somehow, from being my favourite Pokémon's National PokéDex number to being my exam candidate number for my A-Levels. I just end up seeing it everywhere, which is really strange, so I kind of see it as a good luck charm.

When I was a kid, for some reason I have really clear memories of playing Spyro 3 and deciding I liked the numbers 75 and 87 when they popped up on the gem counter, I really don't know why. Combine them with 257 though, and if I had to pick one number as a lucky number, it'd be the boring lucky 7 I'm guessing. :3

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler: