Page 45 of 302 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    We have a ******* for a president and he's holding a whole country hostage with his stupidity. The funny thing is I don't know why they do this crap if they know the next president will most likely undo what they "worked" so hard to do for the past 4 years. Trump is just undoing everything because he's nothing more than a d**k who feels like if it's not his idea it should be gotten rid of.
    I'll admit, and Noble can tell you that I almost didn't vote in the election. Only reason why I voted for Trump was because of all the information the NRA sent me and that Trump was a firm supporter for the right to bear arms, which I feel we need and is a freedom not a whole lot of other countries get to have. That and my dad was really pushing it as well saying Trump would help the economy and would help bring back jobs with less dependency on China. That's essentially it. There was literally only less than an hour left for the polls were open and I decided to just do it, but I almost just let it slip without voting at all.

Looking back, I think I should have voted for Johnson, even if it was just for more third party representation. I think we really need that right now and I'm almost certain that's how I'd vote in 2020. I think both the Republican and Democratic parties are severely screwed up to the point where they'll throw the entire population of the US under the bus just for more money, and then they'll be the first to abandon ship if something terrible were to happen that threatens the whole country's collapse.

I voted for Hillary because she was the lesser of the two evils. I never trusted ANY crap that came out of Trumps mouth because he was full of himself.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I voted for Hillary because she was the lesser of the two evils. I never trusted ANY crap that came out of Trumps mouth because he was full of himself.
    Oh, I totally see where you're coming from and I don't blame anyone who voted Hillary, though I feel we could have done so much better in terms of candidates to choose from.

It points back to one of my theories. To be a good, honest, and effective leader, you need to have suffered and struggled alongside those who you lead. You need to understand what it's like to be in the shoes of those who are at the bottom because at one point, you were there too. That's the only way you'll be able to have the compassion, empathy, and understanding to make the right choices so that such suffering does not continue. And that's the thing. The jokers in Washington have always known riches and entitlement, so they don't have a clue how to empathize with those that beg for fair treatment.

I honestly thought Hillary might have been the better of the two because of the fact that she has been in that same spot with being the First Lady. So she knows what to expect where as Trump thinks its nothing more than a playground. We ALL would have been in a better spot had we been able to elect Bernie.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'll admit, and Noble can tell you that I almost didn't vote in the election. Only reason why I voted for Trump was because of all the information the NRA sent me and that Trump was a firm supporter for the right to bear arms, which I feel we need and is a freedom not a whole lot of other countries get to have. That and my dad was really pushing it as well saying Trump would help the economy and would help bring back jobs with less dependency on China. That's essentially it. There was literally only less than an hour left for the polls were open and I decided to just do it, but I almost just let it slip without voting at all.

Looking back, I think I should have voted for Johnson, even if it was just for more third party representation. I think we really need that right now and I'm almost certain that's how I'd vote in 2020. I think both the Republican and Democratic parties are severely screwed up to the point where they'll throw the entire population of the US under the bus just for more money, and then they'll be the first to abandon ship if something terrible were to happen that threatens the whole country's collapse.
    Yeah I remember this because I was giving you a ton of crap for nearly not voting.

I worked as a poll worker during the national election so I had an interesting perspective of everything. One of the laws for poll workers in SC is that voters can ask a poll worker to assist them so I actually got to see a fair amount of the ways people voted. Legally, since I signed an NDA, I can't tell you the specifics but it's SC so you can probably guess where most people leaned. I can say though of the people that came in to vote, no one was my age. There might have been five at most but everyone was an adult at the very least and some were in their nineties. So I think the reason Trump won is like the opposite side of the coin that allowed Obama to win his two terms. The reason President Obama won, at least according to my studies since I was in middle school at the time, is because he was able to draw out the young minority voters, people like eighteen year old african americans and hispanics. Hillary desperately tried to mimic this. She became the embodiment of the "How do you do my fellow youths" meme for her campaign trail. This is kinda why I was like ehhhhhhh about her is because I know her policies and such, by the time the elections had come around I had studied them for two years at that point and while she wasn't totally different, she kinda changed herself come election time which really bothered me. I get she was trying to garner the Bernie Sanders supporters but given that it's been proven he was screwed from the start due to the super delegates in the Democractic party, and she just wasn't appealing to the same audience Obama did, that kinda screwed her over. President Trump did very well in appealing to the rural older white voters, so we saw a lot of people who hadn't voted since the Reagan election coming out to vote for Trump. And where did the Bernie Sanders supporters go? Some did go to Trump with the way some of the numbers look, but most voted independent. And this was a BIG year for third parties. Sure they didn't garner too much but we haven't seen such a huge push for third parties I think since Teddy Roosevelt ran as a third party candidate. These things shape elections and it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people say we shouldn't be able to vote third party. Sure, I didn't vote third party, but I almost did. I actually was set on doing so until I was in the booth and realized that if I voted third party, I wouldn't be putting my voice behind a party that could properly represent my beliefs. And sure, the President hasn't done a good job of it either, but the senators and congressmen I voted for? They have. I've been watching them like hawks since the election and they've done really well for the most part. Even a year after the election has gone on it's been very interesting to study everything that went on leading up to the election and what has followed.

So needless to say, I kinda felt the opposite Caite-chan. With what all I studied with Hillary, she seemed to be the more contradictory of the two. She was playing up to the whole liars trope that I've come to loath when it comes to politics because as foreign of a concept as it may seem, not all politicians are liars. At least Trump usually doesn't censor himself. Course imgur isn't going to believe that but the amount of times I've had to explain this to people especially since Net Neutrality became an issue is astounding. Though, I will say, I think the fact that I'm currently serving a senatorial position as well has contributed to this. I mean for crying out loud I lived the life of a true politician for a month and holy crap you would not believe the crap these guys have to go through on a daily basis. Being chased by media, name calling, food thrown at you, praise and criticisms, and worst of all, knowing the truth and not being able to tell anyone because of a stupid document that I could be expelled for if I violated it. It's... well to put it bluntly it's absolute hell.

My point is, cut the people in Washington some slack. While some people certainly don't deserve the positions they hold, I'm reminded of that every time I set foot in the Student Senate chambers in my college and have to stare into the eyes of someone who I no longer respect at all, with the amount of physical, psychological, and metal strain they have to go through for pretty much the entire year, I believe they have to be pretty strong people to not end their lives on a regular basis. And I don't think any amount of money could compensate for that. It certainly wouldn't have for me.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

6. This post has been liked by:

I've got to say, I'm really glad i wasn't able to acquire a voting license until after the presidential election. That was pretty much what everyone felt when I told them I wouldn't be able to get it in time. "Lucky you, you don't have to feel responsible for whatever **** happens in the next 4 years." I will say though, as much as I really, really can't stand trump, It bothers me just as much that Hillary won't just shut up and go away already. She's honestly as bad as trump is, just in the polar opposite way.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    I will say though, as much as I really, really can't stand trump, It bothers me just as much that Hillary won't just shut up and go away already. She's honestly as bad as trump is, just in the polar opposite way.
    THIS

It drives me nuts when people claim that Hillary was essentially the savior of humanity because that's simply not true. Like yeah, Trump isn't the son of christ by any means, but that doesn't mean that doesn't mean Hillary is just because he isn't.

Plus the fact that I still hear on campus a year later "Well if those darn third party voters had just done their job like the rest of us-". Like, cool, I get it, you're upset she lost. Trust me, everyone knows. Makes me want to punch people's teeth in. I get how big of a deal this is but at the same time it's been a year. I know some Republicans never shut up about Obama, but a lot of them in my area actually put their egos aside and shut up about McCain and Romney losing within a few months if I remember correctly. The fact that I still hear this over a year later bugs me to no end, especially when they start blaming the third party. The fact that they couldn't accept their own candidate's faults and instead choose to blame other people for their loss is just low. Third parties exist for a reason. And a lot of times, it's a third party than ends up taking over as one of the dominant two after a while. After all, we started with the Federalists and Anti-Federalists and last I checked those weren't the current parties of the current day and age.
    / / / / / / / /

To be fair, the notion of Parties was very different when the Federalists and anti-federalists were around.

I find it really funny sometimes how sad and immature the focus of politics is these days though. I keep wanting to make little snarky comments using the kind of things you'd use in a kindergarten classroom.

"What? congress is being uber partisan again? Just make them sit every other party member!"

"Another Republican who hated trump during the campaign suddenly supports him? Well of course, once you get in line you follow the line leader anywhere they go."

"Sometimes it's all about who can throw the biggest tantrum, because who ever is loudest is the one on top!"

"Clearly everyone in the government skipped out on nap time."

"Biggest tax change in recent history has sudden, illegible changes in handwriting? Well I mean, where else are they going to learn the alphabet and learn to spell?"

"allegations? Just another day of 'did not!' 'did too!' " I probably shouldn't joke about that one though

VPP

Not only that it's who's got the most money to do absolutely nothing worth while with. Hell Trump throws his own tantrum when he can't play golf for the week.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Not only that it's who's got the most money to do absolutely nothing worth while with. Hell Trump throws his own tantrum when he can't play golf for the week.
    To be fair, it’s ridiculously expensive to run for office nowadays. If I ever want to run for office I’m probably going to have to get money from PACs at some point because otherwise there’s no feasible way for me to outpace an incumbent since congressmen don’t have term limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    To be fair, the notion of Parties was very different when the Federalists and anti-federalists were around.

I find it really funny sometimes how sad and immature the focus of politics is these days though. I keep wanting to make little snarky comments using the kind of things you'd use in a kindergarten classroom.

"What? congress is being uber partisan again? Just make them sit every other party member!"

"Another Republican who hated trump during the campaign suddenly supports him? Well of course, once you get in line you follow the line leader anywhere they go."

"Sometimes it's all about who can throw the biggest tantrum, because who ever is loudest is the one on top!"

"Clearly everyone in the government skipped out on nap time."

"Biggest tax change in recent history has sudden, illegible changes in handwriting? Well I mean, where else are they going to learn the alphabet and learn to spell?"

"allegations? Just another day of 'did not!' 'did too!' " I probably shouldn't joke about that one though
    Hey, like I said earlier, cut em some slack. You have lived what they go through on a daily basis. They’re trying to do their jobs as best they can and anyone who has ever had a job knows it’s not always that simple.
    / / / / / / / /