View Poll Results: What do you think about a heartwarming story/Pokemonized folktale contest?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sounds fun! I'd love to participate!

4 100.00%
  • It sounds cool, but I have some concerns...

0 0%
  • I'm not sure--it does sound neat.

0 0%
  • I'm not sure anyone would be interested...

0 0%
    Senior Moderator

Poll: Heartwarming Story/Pokemonized Folktale Contest

With the holidays just around the corner, I thought I would ask you, the writers, if you'd like to do something to get in the holiday mood--specifically, have a heartwarming story or Pokemonized folktale contest (which fits under "tales of the glories of Christmases long, long, ago")

So I've made up a poll to gauge interest and answer any questions you may have about how this would work.

You have two weeks to cast your vote, so the poll closes on Nov. 27.

When you cast your vote, you can also post telling me why you voted as you did, or any ideas you may have should we go forward with this idea.

I look forward to seeing your votes and feedback!
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm interested! What do you mean by folktale story exactly? :)

I like writing sad stories but I guess I can try and make it sad AND heartwarming :D
    GCEA

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    I would love to participate in this, though I think I need a stronger idea than "Gift of Magi, but with Pokemon!"

Basically, I adore Christmas to an incredible extent and would love the opportunity to do something as part of the PXR community beyond rambling in the Daily Pokemon Opinions thread.
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

4. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Basically, find a folktale or fairy tale and Pokemonize it--so "The Three Little Pigs" turns into "The Three Little Tepigs", for example

Google is a godsend for finding both well known and lesser known folktales from all over the world, so think outside the Cinderella and Snow White box! (although if you want to Pokemonize a variant of those stories, that's fine.)

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

If you need ideas, you could try Pokemonizing "A Christmas Carol" (something I've done twice, and may do again this year to account for Gen 7), or imagine the Pokemon cast partaking in holiday festivities--caroling, starring in a Christmas play, helping Hau make Christmas malasadas, you name it!
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 11-14-2017 at 01:21 AM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

I have neeveeerr been a fan of Christmas stories/movies/etc. XD Also not a huge fan of pokemon versions of already exiting tales. I'd rather make up my own in the style of a folklore, like this ancient thread.

So yeah if this was a thing, I'd say that it sholdn't be restricted to Christmas/holiday related stuff, nor should each story need to be renditions of already-existing tales. Instead I think "Heartwarming Pokemon Folktale" styled stories would be best. :] With, of course, the option to make it holiday related or a rendition of an already existing folktale. I'd totally participate were this the case. :3

Senior Moderator

@Suicune's Fire

That's a good point, and I would totally understand if you wanted to write something in the style of a folktale--that would count.

Actually Prefers Popeyes Kentucky Fried Torchic's Avatar
    Not to steal your sad story thunder, @Pokemon Trainer Sarah, but I wonder how a Pokemon story based on "The Little Match Girl" would look. Maybe a poor little Charmander freezing out in the bitter cold with her tail flame flickering in and out under the weight of the snow and the howling wind?
    Dreams do come a size too big. It's so that we can grow into them.

Current Projects:
    Fanfiction: Pokémon: Exodus (Chapter six of nine posted)
    Nuzlocke: "Dude, Where's My Bellsprout?": A Totally Radical Red Version Nuzlocke

Avatar by the illustrious Neo Emolga.

9. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

@Kentucky Fried Torchic

That sounds perfect--I would read it.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic View Post
    Not to steal your sad story thunder, @Pokemon Trainer Sarah, but I wonder how a Pokemon story based on "The Little Match Girl" would look. Maybe a poor little Charmander freezing out in the bitter cold with her tail flame flickering in and out under the weight of the snow and the howling wind?
    That'd be awesome! I'd read it :D
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Fried Torchic View Post
    Oh lordy. Nice idea but...

FEELS TRAIN NOW BOARDING ON PLATFORM #4!!!

13. This post has been liked by: