Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I CAN'T BELIEVE YANDIL WAS ACTUALLY A STALKER! I had like this idea that maybe he was working against the Stalkers all along and that's why he was so busy and stressed and why the other Stalkers were trying to implicate him with notes saying he was untrustworthy and stuff. XD

Neo this was so fun!!! I loved it!

I actually thought Mission Disclosure was really cool. It added an extra puzzle where you could figure out who you spoke to and who was likely to be a Stalker. It definitely tipped me off about Kanja. We didn't get that close to disclosure and it didn't put me off interviewing at all. Random idea but what if instead of mission disclosure straight away from interviewing you got something like "the stalkers seem excited about something tonight" and then you have the next day round to do an action to stop the disclosure from happening? It could be a new skill maybe to track down and kill a mini stalker messenger on its way to report to the enthrallers (new use for Assassinate??) and cost 1 health/1 sanity to perform. If you don't perform it then its +10% or whatever. If someone goes berserk/faints then you wouldn't have a chance to stop the disclosure though. This would only be necessary if disclosure was more common like from talking to a stalker OR from someone close to the stalker who might mention it to them (ie. a close friend or family member).

I also really liked that even thought Tashy did the ritual at the end, we did most of it ourselves and actually identified all the stalkers except Yandil. In season 1, I didn't like that we could do the sin purge ritual at the end with NO IDEA who the stalkers were still. It was like bypassing all the great stuff you had planned and set out and skipping to the end! This time it didn't feel like that (though I guess it could have if we performed the ritual earlier if Tashy just happened to identify all the stalker samples quickly).

I can understand how having Tashy there seemed a little bit like we didn't have to do as much anymore but really we had to do a lot more than in season 1 to get the ritual performed, and Protecting her every night also used up our resources a lot. I think it was well balanced and didn't feel like she was too overpowered or anything. We could have finished things off without her without any trouble, it just would have been a gamble on Yandil.

We didn't do a lot of interviewing this time (not sure if that's cos people were worried about mission disclosure, I personally wasn't but didn't interview much as I didn't have a good matchup with almost everyone XD). Maybe one way to make interviewing more relevant and required would be to allow some of the characters to have more items. Like the Clefable this time had one of the items we needed but I remember in season 2 a lot more Pokemon seemed to have items or passwords or something to give us. That makes interviewing necessary rather than being able to search everywhere and find everything. Just a thought though.

I think everything you put in the first post sounds really good.
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    ... Well. That's a really long sin purge ritual, but I think having tribulations to actually get at the ingredients we need (as opposed to just finding them like in 1 and 3) ought to be part-and-parcel. While we're onto the what-ifs of Season 2, who were the Stalkers?
    Yeah, it was insane and I really wouldn't want to work on something that enormous again, but I do like how it was a MUCH different kind of style.

As for Season 2's Stalkers, I'll show that too!

I also have a few bits of feedback, but mostly, it comes down to two things.

First: Searching is overpowered AND overrated right now. The whole of this game was 'search everywhere and we'll find out everything eventually,' in other words, the 'treasure hunt' of season 1. I think Yandil's gimmick of not having a hideout was actually genius in its entirety even if it was so obvious that it was him anyways it warped into a red herring. I enjoyed Bloodwish'es takedown because it was based entirely on witness testimony and an investigation as opposed to the usual rock-solid evidence of a stalker hideout. In short; less things that revolve around just searching, please. More puzzles and more Stalkers that do not directly implicate themselves in their own hideouts, basically. It'd also put interviews as being important to do as no matter how much we look, there would not be enough evidence to take down a Stalker from just searching. (also, more booby-trapping of Sin Purge Ritual items by Stalkers, perhaps even separate from their own hideouts, please. Just stumbling upon the bowls and candles to be blessed felt silly and far too easy.)
    I tried a few new things with this one, as you can tell. I wanted to test the waters first before going too deep, but I'd have to say the experiments I tried worked pretty well and I definitely want to delve more into them. I also agree that it's time to have other styles toward eliminating Stalkers and not just have the Route setup. Like you said, I think less Searching and more other means would be great.

When it comes to Overkill/Yandil the Smeargle, I'll admit this guy was a kind of social experiment with a lot of reverse psychology mixed in. He didn't have a hideout and didn't have a Stalker Route that would lead to an obvious answer at the end. The whole question with him was "would the players trust the word of the townspeople and go with their gut instinct?"

You answered HECK NO. And it's funny because they were all right. You guys were even debating the color beige!

When I designed this Stalker, I thought this could go one of two ways. First way, they follow the advice of the town and blow him up early. To me, it would have been an easy "ah well, good on them, but I still have six other Stalkers out there." And the other way was they keep questioning everything about him over and over again and never get to a sound choice about what to do. And this is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! It makes me wonder what would have happened if there was no Sin Purge Ritual!

It was crazy to host this and see the town warn you THIS MANY TIMES ABOUT YANDIL!

Spoiler:

=The Wall Warning=. Showed up in Post #9! Well, it was a start of more things to come!

Some Overkill details in Post #19. Sure, not a direct link to Yandil, but it gave you some clues!

Laura has a chat with the dude in Post #36! Gives you important clues he's always in a rush and doesn't ever STOP! This was pretty important!

Post #61! Madder interviews Murana the Clefable and she mentions being very uneasy about Yandil.

Edder wasn't crazy about him either in Post #63! Sure, he may seem crazy, but he KNEW!

Nillian mentions being suspicious about Yandil in Post #81! "It's like that guy is possessed or something." Guess what? He totally is!

SAM'S INVESTIGATION ON YANDIL
    I honestly thought he was going to get toasted after this and that putting "Something really bothers you about Yandil, and you feel it's PLAUSIBLE he may even be a Stalker" was a death sentence on the guy at this point. Not so, and this happened early on in the game!

Sarah's Search on Yandil's apartment in Post #120 doesn't reveal too much, but it does reinforce his whole excessively Type A persona.

It's the NEVER NEVER STOP =Paper Rambling= note by Overkill in Post #123! I wonder... who does that remind you of?

Drana the Maractus again, has suspicious about Yandil in Post #136's Interview. More clues dumped in there. At this point, I'm wondering how much more it might take!

Guess what? Rolia the Lurantis feels the same way about Yandil in Post #146's Interview! Seems like that wasn't enough, though.

Sure, some weird kid left the =Deranged Chalk Drawing= at the Sunnytown Strip Mall (Search Post #157:

But they were right all along!

Oh, here's another big one. Post #165, an interview with Jessy the Lycanroc. THIS, RIGHT HERE WAS SO, SO IMPORTANT:
    Spoiler:
    "I think Yandil is the only guy that shops at the mart at this hour," Jessy explains. "The guy's a freak.He's always mumbling to himself, talks to himself, probably has some freaky split personality disorder, and buys the weirdest combinations of stuff. Five nights ago, he bought an air freshener, permanent markers, four cases of that nasty Sidewinder energy drink, and some black touch-up paint meant for cars. What the hell, he doesn't even own a car. And why shop here, he could get all that and more at the ApexMart. Makes me wonder if he was kicked out of that place by the manager."

AND

"Anyway, I need to find where the hell that sledgehammer went to," Jessy sighs. "I've already looked around and couldn't find it. With my luck, some jerkoff probably stole it. If you happen to see it, let me know."

Oh, all those notes around town? Oh, and yeah, that sledgehammer. These were really critical clues. Again, I thought he was going to be toast after dropping these details. But he lived on!

More stuff in Post #166! Loads more about Yandil and his nasty attitude with Jeddi as well as the ridiculous amount of work he does.

And while Jeddi may be kind of an idiot, there's more in Post #186's Interview!

There's a little bit of mentioning in Deen's Interview in Post #226. Nothing too new, but it's more to add to the pile!

Boom, Jeb the Mawile's interview in Post #250. This guy was a big friend to the Emissaries and gave you THE WHOLE LIST OF STALKERS AND HOW MANY THERE WERE. And "I agree with the others when they highly suspect Yandil the Smeargle is the one known as Overkill." I really thought he would be very close to toast considering how much this guy spilled his guts for details on not just him, but ALL the Stalkers. Guess that still wasn't enough, though!

Some suspicions at the diner in Post #251. Not a big one either, but you keep hearing it!

Briteria, another big friend of the Emissaries, FURTHER TELLS YOU how she's convinced Yandil is a Stalker in Post #280! These were your big allies (besides Tashy) in this season and you didn't believe them either! :O

This... this one was the best.
    Post #283, THE RESTRAIN POST ON YANDIL.
    YANDIL HIMSELF CONFESSES TO BEING A STALKER AND EVEN MENTIONS HE'S OVERKILL. YOU DO NOT GET MORE OBVIOUS THAN THIS!!! I truly thought he would be deader than dead after this. But nope, nope, nope, the carousel keeps going!

Then there's the =Wall Rambling= RIGHT AT THE GAS STATION in Post #302!

Oh, guess who was there writing that with those black permanent markers?

Then you find more in Post #314!

Hey, guess what? Dad's right.

Misa's interview gives you ANOTHER claim against Yandil in Post #357! But that goes out the window too.

More warnings about Yandil in Post #380! Vessi gives you more details about him! At this point, I'm really wondering how much more needs to be laid out!

More claims against Yandil when he kills Cashi the Jumpluff with "A HEAVY BLUNT WEAPON." Hey, where DID that sledgehammer go?

Hey look! There's Yandil with a sledgehammer in Post #456 when you interview Vasha!

Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    on a side note, I'm not entirely convinced Yandil is actually a stalker. Definitely possible, Neo could easily be tricking us with a red herring, (I mean, all the other times the public thought someone was a stalker they were wrong) But what really makes me suspicious is that the confirmed stalker sample black fur could easily belong to Jeddi the bewear, whom Yandil has a very bad relationship with. It would seem very convenient for Jeddi, as a stalker who knows Yandil personally, to us Yandil's personality against him mto make him seem liek a culprit.
    I've heard Yandil tossed around so much I have a feeling he's a definite red herring, so uh, anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yandil I'm still not sure about just cos he seems so obvious and we haven't found anything at his work or home yet, but rather a lot of notes ABOUT him which kinda makes it seem there's a Stalker out there who hates him. He is mortal enemies with Jeddi the Bewear and I feel like that's somehow relevant and one or the other is a stalker. The confirmed Stalker sample Black Fur could belong to Jeddi, while the non-confirmed Beige Fur could belong to Yandil.
    Also still not convinced on Yandil. Still too convenient that all the public is pointing to the same person. I'm more suspicious of Jeddi, who keeps messing with Yandil's head.
    Yeah, after talking to Jeddi I really don't think Yandil is a stalker. I'm still watching Jeddi but I think she might be in the clear as well. Maybe.
    It's weird. I kinda feel like Yandil isn't a stalker cos it's just so obvious and he doesn't seem to be doing anything that weird... But it's hard to know. Neo could just be tricking us really good either way. XD
    This is extraordinarily infuriating. He's basically admitted to nothing, as I'm reasonably sure Stalkers can't admit they're actually Stalkers, though Neo may actually be waving this one right in our face. Then again, we never actually asked about what the heck he's doing. Whatever it is, it seems improbable for it to be Yandil. (Or at least, Yandil can't be overkill.)

All I can suggest is hope that the Eevee statue leads somewhere. Let's quit the restraints for now. Maybe Diplomacy on Yandil to make up if we sincerely believe we'll be talking to him more than once.
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    Imma be straight up on the Yandil situation... I'm pretty sure that he's not a stalker and is merely getting the short stick as people find someone to blame for the murders. People didn't like him before, so they're simply shoving him aside more, hoping to get rid of him. I feel sorry for the hard working Smeagol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I don't know. I really really don't think Yandil is a stalker. Something just feels really off about him. I mean, what stalker would admit they were a stalker during an interrogation? That just doesn't seem right.
    That's my thought exactly and one of the big reasons why I think Yandil is a massive red herring. This is why I'm asking for us to knock out Nhils and Enis first, as we can at least identify them tonight. If one of them is Beige, then Yandil is almost certainly not a Stalker and we can rule him out, so that's progress. If neither are, then Yandil being a Stalker is technically irrelevant-that means the Beige furred stalker would be the last, thus Tashy can just Sin Purge Overkill and we won't need to know who's who.

Hey, hey guys, just so you know...

Yandil is a Stalker.

Okay, I'll admit, this was me in full-fledged naughty mischievous flying squirrel mode.

Second: The high number of sanity traps *and* the lack of power in the First Aid kit just because of the fact it doesn't treat sanity basically makes Resting superior in all cases. I think +2 San and +2 HP for First Aid is perfectly valid, as there's other uses for the other traits.
    Yeah, I think this would be fair as well. I do have to say that a lot of the major Health-damaging traps were disarmed or dodged. Enis's mirror never set off and that was a heavy psychic attack that would have left a lot of other people pretty beat up. Rusty also dodged a bunch of really nasty ones, also, so it looks more like Sanity was really the only threat, but it could have been more on the Health side of things too if it played out differently.

But yeah, I think First Aid doing a +2 Health and +2 Sanity when used on another player would be fair and I would change that for next time.

3. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

I CAN'T BELIEVE YANDIL WAS ACTUALLY A STALKER! I had like this idea that maybe he was working against the Stalkers all along and that's why he was so busy and stressed and why the other Stalkers were trying to implicate him with notes saying he was untrustworthy and stuff. XD

Neo this was so fun!!! I loved it!
    Ooh, that's actually a good theory and I didn't think of that possibility! But yeah, as I told Tazz, this was an interesting experiment I wanted to try and boy did it give me very interesting results!

I'm glad you really enjoyed it! I had a blast running it and even though there's a few itty bitty tweaks that could be done, I think everything worked out pretty well.

I actually thought Mission Disclosure was really cool. It added an extra puzzle where you could figure out who you spoke to and who was likely to be a Stalker. It definitely tipped me off about Kanja. We didn't get that close to disclosure and it didn't put me off interviewing at all. Random idea but what if instead of mission disclosure straight away from interviewing you got something like "the stalkers seem excited about something tonight" and then you have the next day round to do an action to stop the disclosure from happening? It could be a new skill maybe to track down and kill a mini stalker messenger on its way to report to the enthrallers (new use for Assassinate??) and cost 1 health/1 sanity to perform. If you don't perform it then its +10% or whatever. If someone goes berserk/faints then you wouldn't have a chance to stop the disclosure though. This would only be necessary if disclosure was more common like from talking to a stalker OR from someone close to the stalker who might mention it to them (ie. a close friend or family member).
    Yeah, that was exactly my intention for that unexpected increase in Mission Disclosure, though I'm thinking of making it possible to have ways to bring that down. Your idea also sounds like an interesting idea for a new thing to try. I might work on that a bit more in future releases.

I also really liked that even thought Tashy did the ritual at the end, we did most of it ourselves and actually identified all the stalkers except Yandil. In season 1, I didn't like that we could do the sin purge ritual at the end with NO IDEA who the stalkers were still. It was like bypassing all the great stuff you had planned and set out and skipping to the end! This time it didn't feel like that (though I guess it could have if we performed the ritual earlier if Tashy just happened to identify all the stalker samples quickly).
    Yeah, this is very true. In Season 1, the Sin Purge Ritual was kind of a bit too influential in the sense that it disregarded everything else that happened in the entire game. I wanted it to be an alternate way to win the game, but in there, it was a bit too black and white. I think the methods need to be blended, such as items needed for Sin Purge could be found alongside the things needed for the Stalkers and there could be some items where there are multiple kinds of uses for it and the players need to decide which one they want to go with, kind of like deciding how you want to evolve your Eevee.

I think this different take on the Sin Purge Ritual was worth a try, but I think there's probably better things to do next time.

I can understand how having Tashy there seemed a little bit like we didn't have to do as much anymore but really we had to do a lot more than in season 1 to get the ritual performed, and Protecting her every night also used up our resources a lot. I think it was well balanced and didn't feel like she was too overpowered or anything. We could have finished things off without her without any trouble, it just would have been a gamble on Yandil.
    Yeah, it's tough to balance these things and I'm glad she didn't feel too overpowered, though I can see why some people feel she stole a bit of the glory at the end. Totally didn't think of that, but it's something I'll keep in mind for next time.

We didn't do a lot of interviewing this time (not sure if that's cos people were worried about mission disclosure, I personally wasn't but didn't interview much as I didn't have a good matchup with almost everyone XD). Maybe one way to make interviewing more relevant and required would be to allow some of the characters to have more items. Like the Clefable this time had one of the items we needed but I remember in season 2 a lot more Pokemon seemed to have items or passwords or something to give us. That makes interviewing necessary rather than being able to search everywhere and find everything. Just a thought though.

I think everything you put in the first post sounds really good.
    This is very true, and I only realized it at the end when all the Stalker Routes were made. Way more items need to be in the possession of way more civilians. It should really be at least close to an even split and I understand where Tazz feels it's a bit too much of a treasure hunt. This is definitely something I'll keep in mind as well. :3

5. This post has been liked by:

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    I will admit that Yandil admitting he was a Stalker felt outright impossible, like a contradiction, given the last two times Pokemon admitted to being Stalkers up front, there were... Noticeable side-effects. That he just up and did it clean was quite frankly one of the best covers ever, ironic as it must be. And 'probably' is not 'definitely,' though nevertheless, I just thought of one more problem.

Basically; the system of having gene-testing for Stalkers... Really simplifies things. Especially since most of the samples were unique; thus, we could practically cross off quite a few Pokemon just depending on which samples weren't Stalker samples, had we really paid mind to it. That seems too powerful for me, especially as that's a side effect of finding the pieces of the puzzle.

Extensive length aside, Season 2's sin purge ritual actually seems extremely well-designed, with sufficient perils and a lot of legwork in exchange for eliminating the guesswork of Stalkers-a rightfully powerful reward for all the trouble, though also slower and more dangerous compared to assassination/Exorcism.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

If it hadn't been for the Beige fur, I would've been really sure it was actually Jeddi the Bewear. I thought Jeddi was actually the stalker, and was purposefully messing with Yandil's head (Both in the obvious open way and in a more sinister way) as a cover up. I mean, that's the trope: Someone is acting weird and someone is messing with him because he's being weird. Except that in reality its the messing with him that's making him weird, making the second person have some kind of underlying plot. (Usually to push suspicion onto someone else)

As for trusting the towns people, season 1 and two didn't exactly have the best track record on that. I know the positive/negative Relationship system worked differently, but pretty much every time someone claimed someone else was a stalker, it was just a personal bias against that individual. I just assumed You'd stretched that a bit into the "Guy who no one in the town likes" thing. Clearly a lesson learned for next round.

As for season 2, clearly you just need to be hired by Nintendo and turn it into an actual videogame people could play in their own time and not have to worry that the people running it behind the scenes get ground into the dust.

VPP

Senior Moderator

@Neo Emolga

::crawls out from the mountain of info::

Wow...we barely made a dent in any of that!

You don't mind if I borrow this idea (albeit expanded a little) for my own writings (and possibly another round of the Jeweled Adventurers, since the first round fizzled out?)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Ooh, I like season 2 Sin Purge! Flavorful like Bless here!
    Hey, I'm not just flavor anymore! You got me a new body, so *Bleh*
    Oh, fine. But if that purge wasn't quite so complex, it'd be great! I love a good universe. And also, we need to bleed more, not merely go coocoo-clock insane. I can understand darkness fiddling with our heads, but sometimes it goes a more direct route.

Oh, an idea though... Covert Ops!
    In this game, all the townies knew we were Seekers. Taking Covert Ops as a thing at the beginning makes you look like a member if the town... Even to Stalkers. Your actions get limited somewhat (No direct "breaking and entering", no assassinating, ect. Only normal, but Stalker concerned, people stuff), but Stalkers have a chance of trying to off YOU which is very bad for them, because you survive to tell the tale.

Sometimes the scars on your soul are the only things keeping you sane.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Looking over that list of Yandil clues it pretty funny. I didn't put together the markers and sledgehammer etc. at all. XD There was SO MUCH evidence that it seemed like it could have been a trap either way. If we'd only had one or two pieces of evidence plus the beige fur then I would have believed it more haha! Definitely an interesting exercise in psychology.
    GCEA

11. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

I will admit that Yandil admitting he was a Stalker felt outright impossible, like a contradiction, given the last two times Pokemon admitted to being Stalkers up front, there were... Noticeable side-effects. That he just up and did it clean was quite frankly one of the best covers ever, ironic as it must be. And 'probably' is not 'definitely,' though nevertheless, I just thought of one more problem.
    I'll be honest, I never thought it would go so far, but hey, it happened! It was a good experiment to try, because it shows there's different ways to design Stalkers and what reveals them.

Basically; the system of having gene-testing for Stalkers... Really simplifies things. Especially since most of the samples were unique; thus, we could practically cross off quite a few Pokemon just depending on which samples weren't Stalker samples, had we really paid mind to it. That seems too powerful for me, especially as that's a side effect of finding the pieces of the puzzle.
    For some, yeah, but for others... not so much. Such as ruling out a White Fur for example. Well, plenty of Pokémon have white fur, but they have other colors for fur as well. Now a White Feather getting ruled out would probably make it safe to say a Swanna is innocent, but how about a Staraptor? Or a Delibird? They have white feathers, but they also have feathers of other colors as well. So yeah, you could do that to some degree, but not entirely without risking the chance you rule out a Stalker.

Extensive length aside, Season 2's sin purge ritual actually seems extremely well-designed, with sufficient perils and a lot of legwork in exchange for eliminating the guesswork of Stalkers-a rightfully powerful reward for all the trouble, though also slower and more dangerous compared to assassination/Exorcism.
    Yeah, it would have taken forever and a day. I like the style of Season 2's Sin Purge, but it's so dang long and big. A more condensed version I think would be a good idea. The other thing is there were eleven Stalkers in Season 2. The Sin Purge in there had to be just as challenging as taking everything that made up all eleven Stalkers and putting it into one package. That's why it's so long, because if it was much easier and shorter, there's no way people would try to work through which Pokémon were Stalkers.

Yeah, I show you guys who the Stalkers were in Season 2 and what their routes were like. They were WAY more difficult than what was done for this season.

If it hadn't been for the Beige fur, I would've been really sure it was actually Jeddi the Bewear. I thought Jeddi was actually the stalker, and was purposefully messing with Yandil's head (Both in the obvious open way and in a more sinister way) as a cover up. I mean, that's the trope: Someone is acting weird and someone is messing with him because he's being weird. Except that in reality its the messing with him that's making him weird, making the second person have some kind of underlying plot. (Usually to push suspicion onto someone else)
    I'll admit, Jeddi's connection with Yandil was something I developed over the course of the game. There was no initial planning for something like that but it worked really well when I played around with the idea. It was fun to make these two characters irritate each other, though Yandil looked like more of the victim.

As for trusting the towns people, season 1 and two didn't exactly have the best track record on that. I know the positive/negative Relationship system worked differently, but pretty much every time someone claimed someone else was a stalker, it was just a personal bias against that individual. I just assumed You'd stretched that a bit into the "Guy who no one in the town likes" thing. Clearly a lesson learned for next round.
    I'll admit, Season 1 was really a Beta for the whole thing. The interview system was messy, there was no exorcism, there were no cycles, no Health or Sanity stats, and it was a bit of bedlam with people making dozens of actions while others weren't able to get too much in, but it still had plenty of qualities for being a completely new thing. I think if issues get nipped in the bud, the whole game will keep getting better, and the issues that came up in Season 3 will definitely be addressed in future releases.

As for season 2, clearly you just need to be hired by Nintendo and turn it into an actual videogame people could play in their own time and not have to worry that the people running it behind the scenes get ground into the dust.
    Well, some of that was also Xanthe's (Suicune's Fire) work too! And she did some amazing things for that. You're not the first person who has said I should go into game design, but that's a really competitive field to get into! XD

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Neo Emolga

::crawls out from the mountain of info::

Wow...we barely made a dent in any of that!

You don't mind if I borrow this idea (albeit expanded a little) for my own writings (and possibly another round of the Jeweled Adventurers, since the first round fizzled out?)
    Oh, that's fine, have at it! Yeah, I'll admit there's a lot to read in there. Xanthe and I were really ambitious little buggers during that whole development. XD

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    Ooh, I like season 2 Sin Purge! Flavorful like Bless here!
    Hey, I'm not just flavor anymore! You got me a new body, so *Bleh*
    Oh, fine. But if that purge wasn't quite so complex, it'd be great! I love a good universe. And also, we need to bleed more, not merely go coocoo-clock insane. I can understand darkness fiddling with our heads, but sometimes it goes a more direct route.

Oh, an idea though... Covert Ops!
    In this game, all the townies knew we were Seekers. Taking Covert Ops as a thing at the beginning makes you look like a member if the town... Even to Stalkers. Your actions get limited somewhat (No direct "breaking and entering", no assassinating, ect. Only normal, but Stalker concerned, people stuff), but Stalkers have a chance of trying to off YOU which is very bad for them, because you survive to tell the tale.
    Yep, I agree that aiming for something that's more like Season 2's Sin Purge would be the way to go. I felt what Season 3 did for Sin Purge wasn't bad, but there's ways to make it better and yeah, I wouldn't reuse the same old candle/sample/bowl thing again. Something different definitely needs to show up. And yeah, I agree that more Health-damaging stuff needs to show up, though you guys did dodge some of the major Health-damaging traps out there!

That Covert Ops thing a possible idea, yeah. I'll think that one over because that might have some interesting results, also. :3

Looking over that list of Yandil clues it pretty funny. I didn't put together the markers and sledgehammer etc. at all. XD There was SO MUCH evidence that it seemed like it could have been a trap either way. If we'd only had one or two pieces of evidence plus the beige fur then I would have believed it more haha! Definitely an interesting exercise in psychology.
    It was a bit of an easy thing to skip over, but I think if you guys had gone back and read through anything that mentioned Yandil, someone might have been able to build the storyline behind what he was doing.

It was fun and I need to think of more creative ideas in future releases. :3

Senior Administrator

For all those interested, these were the Stalkers of Season 2! This needed to be split into three posts!

1. Turren the Beartic m - Dirge
    2. Poko the Skarmory m - Embalm
    3. Finichi the Garbodor f - Philter
    4. Gallen the Gourgeist m - Roulx
    5. Sensin the Vespiquen f - Extol
    6. Natisha the Flabébé f - Derange
    7. Hattika the Ninetales f - Annul
    8. Wandon the Octillery m - Tristesse
    9. Kim the Tyrogue m - Ignos
    10. Bhi the Claydol g - Oblivion
    11. Dakku the Audino f - Nightlust

f = female
    m = male
    g = genderless ("they" instead of "it" because that's insensitive xD)[/font]

CIVILIAN ITEM LOCATION LIST: (Civilians without Stalker-related items will be removed from this list when all Stalker routes have been completed)
    Spoiler:
    [LIST=1]
    1. Quinton the Floette ♂
    2. Natisha the Flabébé ♀
    3. Udipheign the Drifblim ♂
    4. Suj the Hypno ♂
    5. Zamsi the Flygon ♀
    6. Turbo the Hippopotas ♂
    7. Spimmley the Hippopotas ♀
    8. Dakku the Audino ♀
    9. Mac the Glameow ♂
    10. Pormalu the Arcanine

11. Sequintia the Pyroar ♀
    12. Tamtor the Shuckle ♂
    14. Fern the Illumise ♀
    15. Reddan the Volbeat ♂
    16. Lephley the Tropius ♀
    17. Penelope the Aurorus ♀
    18. Hunu the Skrelp ♂
    [Industrial Bleach] - Obtained through Mission

19. Dafaari the Dragalge ♀
    20. Yoff the Cryogonal Genderless
    21. Moore the Pelipper ♂
    22. Zem the Litwick ♂
    23. Jillian the Darumaka ♀
    24. Yun the Carnivine ♀
    25. Cinci the Deerling ♀
    26. Shinki the Lanturn ♀
    [Waterproof Satchel]

27. Difass the Yamask ♂
    28. Giji the Nuzleaf ♀
    29. Darru the Nuzleaf ♂
    30. Terlo the Nuzleaf ♂
    32. Fynn the Heatmor ♀
    [Flame Orb]

33. Suinata the Foretress ♀
    34. Nepp the Sableye ♂
    35. Jerome the Scizor ♂
    36. Enassik the Arbok ♀
    37. Mindu the Basculin ♀
    38. Orein the Escavalier ♂
    39. Monty the Dartrix ♂
    40. Solok the Electrode Genderless
    41. Sharley the Whimsicott ♀
    42. Sampson the Snubbull ♂
    43. Sanshi the Mawile ♀
    44. Ihb the Baltoy Genderless
    45. Bhi the Claydol Genderless
    46. Skrux the Steelix ♂
    47. Bere the Typhlosion ♂
    48. Krum the Muk ♂
    49. Shrig the Joltik ♂
    50. Gung the Galvantula ♂
    51. Phei the Chingling ♀
    52. Donnely the Stoutland ♂
    53. Marnie the Mismagius ♀
    54. Rohner the Gible ♂
    55. Wandon the Octillery ♂
    56. Abgrew the Swinub ♀
    57. Ejub the Piloswine ♂
    58. Dominique the Archeops ♀
    59. Caspix the Vanilluxe ♂
    60. Rivier the Nidorina ♀
    61. Bonnie the Nidoqueen ♀
    62. Ilor the Pignite ♂
    63. Rabukan the Druddigon ♀
    65. Hippita the Turtwig ♀
    66. Elton the Grotle ♂
    67. Wador the Lairon ♂
    70. Mag the Slugma ♀
    71. Caagu the Numel ♂
    72. Plana the Gogoat ♀
    73. Maknon the Pancham ♂
    74. Meetrin the Mantine ♀
    75. Giphlin the Xatu ♀
    76. Kinny the Raticate ♀
    77. Kirsh the Larvitar ♂
    78. Naffin the Scrafty ♀
    79. Hem-Li the Drillbur ♀
    80. Ovben the Goomy ♂
    82. Vivanctus the Eelectross ♀
    83. Lora the Kirlia ♀
    84. Carmin the Gothitelle ♀
    85. Charli the Marill ♂
    86. Amber the Castform ♀
    87. Shellia the Gorebyss ♀
    88. Brenne the Honchkrow ♀
    89. Areggi the Rotom ♂
    90. Quei the Hariyama ♂
    91. Hyrer the Tyrunt ♀
    92. Lychee the Scolipede ♀
    93. Mismit the Sneasel ♂
    94. Dart the Quilfish ♂
    95. Queloon the Tranquill ♀
    96. Min the Solosis ♂
    97. Bardroni the Reuniclus ♀
    98. Lillian the Remoraid ♀
    99. Torqueal the Ampharos ♂
    100. Krikle the Roggenrola ♂
    101. Mas the Plusle ♀
    [Cell Battery]

102. Skikk the Skorupi ♀
    103. Mirad the Drapion ♀
    104. Barnaby the Popplio ♂
    105. Talm the Throh ♂
    106. Blussy the Venomoth ♀
    [Silverpowder]

107. Pasco the Jigglypuff ♀
    108. Jaxee the Abra ♂
    110. Symbol the Durant ♂
    111. Chahloo the Bronzong Genderless
    112. Rocky the Nidorino ♂
    113. Phontox the Banette ♂
    114. Utab the Bouffalant ♂
    115. Latime the Bergmite ♀
    116. Vern the Machoke ♂
    117. A.J. the Barbaracle ♂
    118. Haime the Surskit ♀
    119. Fleck the Masquerain ♀
    120. Eppiny the Swirlix ♀
    121. Nairek the Maractus ♀
    122. Mustle the Cacturne ♂
    124. Kure the Doublade ♂
    125. Yasma the Vanillish ♀
    126. Wanaloo the Bonsly ♂
    128. [b]Mahyen the Nosepass ♀
    [Sapling Family House Key]

DIRGE - Turren the Beartic (**FULLY COMPLETED!** Neo)

Spoiler:
    Backstory

Turren thinks with the mindset of a scientific researcher in his late 40s. Unlike others of his kind, Turren had more of a passion for scientific research and studies and wanted to work on medicine and medical research to help Pokémon with ailments. However, very often, his failures and shortcomings would drive him to frustration in ways that negatively affected him more than his researcher colleagues.

DIRGE showed itself to Turren.

Dirge, seeing a dark opportunity in Turren's frustrations, gently approached Turren and tried to persuade the scientist into his offering of power and knowledge. Turren at first disagreed because as a Pokémon of science, he didn't think such a thing was possible and didn't believe in such supernatural powers. However, Dirge was willing to forgo some death and instructed Turren how to create Vanditol, a breakthrough drug that was able to cure Vilmaria, a Pokémon form of malaria. It won Turren's medical research firm, Rhombus, all kinds of honors and recognition, and as a result, it make Turren a believer in Dirge's dark promises.

How Dirge twisted Turren's expectation

At first, Turren thought he would be making more breakthrough drugs for the ailing Pokémon of the world, but he placed way too much faith in Dirge's hands and before he knew it, he didn't even rely on his medical education and experience anymore. Instead, he's been creating some of the deadliest toxins and nefarious chemicals that have become ingestible torture and misery.

Murder process and signature

Turren breaks into fits of being a pure mad scientist, using perfectly healthy Pokémon as lab rats for some of the worst monstrous chemicals that Dirge has spawned. These are just a few of his macabre creations:

Vulcrux - These capsules are not very suspicious in the slightest, but swallowing one will make the Pokémon start having nightmarish hallucinations about becoming in some demonic "Otherworld", often causing them to jump out windows, jump in front of speeding trains, or otherwise throw themselves into mortal danger.

Goragon - A brown-tinted liquid drug that needs only a few teaspoons to drive a Pokémon to eat themselves. It starts small, causing a Pokémon to start biting and nibbling off small pieces of their own paws or other appendages before ripping off large portions of themselves in deranged, voracious hunger.

Konflilx - A tablet-based drug that causes the Pokémon's immune system to attack their vital organs. At the same time, the Pokémon physically ages very rapidly, looking like they age by one year every hour, resulting in them being dead in only a few days.

If the dice lands on Dirge (Doom Tracker post)
    Victims turn up having had their prescriptions replaced with one of Dirge's demonic creations or had a dosage of them added to their food or water. It may not be evident at first, but the sudden, macabre death will be very suspicious.

Dirge's Stalker Route

(83b) Rhombus Medical Research Laboratories Floors 11-20
    [DDX Access Chip]

(84) Calstone Medical Offices
    [J82 Laboratory Card Key]

(90) Tanihall Plaza
    [Poliwrath Eye]

(79) Pishter Park (Abandoned)
    [Severed Poliwrath Hand]

(84d) Calstone Medical Offices Floors 31-40
    {J82 Laboratory Door: Keycard Reader, Retinal Scanner} (Needs [J82 Laboratory Card Key] and [Poliwrath Eye] to open.)

Access Code Jigsaw Puzzle (Completed Version)
    Link to actual puzzle: =A Shredded Memo=
    (Completion Passcode: Asking me to work without coffee is like asking a mermaid to pedal a bike. Turns into the [Access Code 8891] when successfully completed by any player)

(67) Metter Machine Shop
    [VEC17 Power Cell]

(83c) Rhombus Medical Research Laboratories Floors 11-30
    [DDX Access Chip]

(86) Beldyne Laboratories
    {Locked Medical Room: Missing Access Chip, Hand Scanner} (Needs [DDX Access Chip] and [Severed Poliwrath Hand] to unlock
    =Bloody Research Note=
    [R&D Card Key]

(83a) Rhombus Medical Research Laboratories Floors 1-10
    {Locked Research and Development Laboratory: Access Code Prompt, Missing Power Cell, Keycard Reader} (Requires [Access Code 8891], [VEC17 Power Cell], and the [R&D Card Key] to unlock.

Font
    Bloody CRE

Dirge-Related Graphics:

(Completed Jigsaw Puzzle)

Completion Passcode: Asking me to work without coffee is like asking a mermaid to pedal a bike.

(Found in {Locked Medical Room})

(Found in {Locked Research and Development Laboratory})
    Reveals Dirge as Turren the Bearctic

(Wall Scribbles found in the {Locked Research and Development Laboratory})

EMBALM - Poko the Skarmory (**FULLY COMPLETED** Xanthe)
    Spoiler:
    Backstory
    Poko is a pompous skarmory obsessed with being the best and most successful pokémon in his field. He studied hard and worked himself to the bone to get where he is today, but he fears that it is not enough. Time and again he saw the younger pokémon rise to rival their mentors’ level of expertise, as he did his mentor. The thought disgusts and irks him, and in his older age, his fears of being usurped as his company’s CEO and lead fashion designer haunt him day in and day out. After a very close call when a board meeting nearly saw him overthrown just short of one vote, Poko grew desperate enough to seek out the only thing he could think to do: contact a supernatural being capable of giving him eternal youth in both physical appearance and mind. This way, he could remain at the pinnacle of his career until the end of time. If his mind stayed as young as his body became, then he would never be outmatched by other youthful minds capable of devising fresh, new ideas that rendered him obsolete.

Poko needed only to call upon a spirit to help him, knowing that he would likely have to trade something for the supernatural being’s service. It was then that...

EMBALM showed itself to Poko.

The skarmory, promised youthfulness in both mind and body, was rapt with his new powers. At first he was shocked at how he was forced to maintain it, but over time, he and Embalm became one, and he accepted the price he was required to pay.

How EMBALM twisted Poko's expectation
    Although Poko believes that he looks younger and feels younger, the demon is incapable of prolonging his livelihood at all. He convinced Poko that the key to youth is drinking the blood of others, which allows him, through the demon’s power, to absorb their youth.

Victims are taken to Poko’s secret chamber and lacerated in places on their bodies where vital veins are found. Blood is completely drained from their bodies with specialised equipment while they are still alive, until their organs give out and they die. Poko drinks the blood, thinking that each drop contains the remedy for old age.

If the dice lands on EMBALM (Doom Tracker post)
    Victims turn up with lacerations all over their bodies with the biggest gashes being where their main veins are found, and their blood completely drained. Pokémon are grey from a lack of blood. Embalm will not target pokémon without blood (such as gastly or solrok). Victims are smeared in random places with brown goo. Nobody knows what this means, but the truth is that it's a byproduct of the blood-draining machine and is made up of bodily fluids not classified as blood.

Embalm's Stalker Route

[Industrial Bleach] can only be obtained from a Hunu's Side Quest

(2) Brook Heights Building
    [Spine Fragment]

(3) The Greendash Restaurant
    #Violent gust, Flying# (Deals 1 point of Health damage)
    =Sick Musings=

(24d) The Superplex Shopping Center West, Floors 7-8 (Bone Dry Cleaners)
    ((Bone Dry Cleaners)) APPEARS AFTER =Receipt= IS OBTAINED (will be empty/useless drawer otherwise) - {Locked Drawer: <Lockpick> / <Diplomacy>}

(44) Silvercoal City Fire Department
    [Wing Cuffs]

(53) Titancross Manufacturing Plant (Abandoned)
    {Huge Steel Door - Broken Electronic Panel: <Repair>}
    [Blood Sample Vial #3]

(72) Electrical Substation (Abandoned)
    {Blocked Pathway Boulders: +Fighting-type+ / +Steel-type+}
    EMBALM'S DUNGEON. =Receipt= obtained. Blood everywhere!
    {Trapdoor of Sickening: +Steel-type+, +Normal-type+, Cuff slot, Fragment slot, Cola inscription} (Requires [Wing Cuffs], [Spine Fragment], [Industrial Bleach] (which gets poured over the first two).)
    Equipment, evidence, =Skarmory Wall Depiction=.

(80b) Destno Public Housing Complex, Floors 11-20
    [Blood Sample Vial #2]

(84c) Calstone Medical Offices, Floors 21-30
    [Blood Sample Vial #1]

Embalm-related graphics:

A receipt found in Embalm's dungeon.

A client list obtained from Elton or a locked drawer in Bone Dry Cleaners.

The final evidence found in Embalm's dungeon (trap door).

Embalm's musings about eternal life found after a trap.

Font
    LMS Bloody Brujah

PHILTER - Finichi the Garbordor (**FULLY COMPLETED** Xanthe)
    Spoiler:
    Backstory
    Despite being your typical friendly pokémon, Finichi was always treated with some measure of disgust. She would see pokémon calling one another pretty or elegant or cool, but these words were never used to describe her. She was always told that she was “different” or “unique,” but never “awesome” or “gorgeous.” She was stereotyped everywhere she went, told that she would end up working in a sewage plant or being a dish washer. Her confidence dwindled shortly after childhood when she saw cool pokémon drawing all the attention. Poison types were never popular or well loved; it was always the flying types, fire types or electric types. As a trubbish, she was shunned and referred to as trash, garbage or waste. At first she took these as compliments, as that was who she was, but she soon discovered that it was looked down upon. Nobody liked trash. One of her main abusers was Nairek the maractus, who Finichi never resented; instead, she blamed herself for being that way. She thought that when she evolved, she would be cool like the others. But shortly after her adolescence, her evolution did nothing but earn her comments about how inconveniently big she was, and how she was “even uglier.”

Eventually, Finichi found herself in such a low state that she began to work at the sewage plant after all. She thought it was all that she was good for, and that being away from the general public was beneficial for everyone. However, not long after she began working, she started to see a rather handsome muk around town and wished to meet him. Krum, however, proved to be difficult to approach in his busy, unpredictable schedule as a fire-fighter. She waited for him outside the fire station one night and got the chance to speak to him, but had too much time to herself before he arrived. Her thoughts began to twist and change, and slowly she realised how accomplished and successful he was in comparison to her. She reeked of sewage, looked like a mess and stumbled over every word. She was a failure, a disease to society. She saw passing pokémon looking at her, judging her. Just as Krum emerged to greet her, she turned and fled.

Finichi felt hopeless, useless, depressed and wishing that she was somebody – anybody – else. She hated her life and herself. All seemed hopeless until...

PHILTER showed itself to Finichi.

Philter offered her a solution: she could be somebody else in the eyes of others. Philter would change the way everyone saw her, and she would no longer live as a failure and a loser. Finichi was desperate for someone to help her, so she took the offer without considering the consequences. For Philter, Finichi was easy prey.

How PHILTER twisted Finichi's expectation
    Philter physically alters the vision of its victims. They see Finichi as something else entirely: a maractus. Before they go blind, that is. The site of a garbodor is welcomed in comparison with the site of a murdered victim. Better yet, no victim would ever blame her.

After cornering a victim, Philter implants a seed into the victim’s brain (usually through the ear; if the pokémon does not have ear, then the seed will bury itself after creating its own hole). The victim will believe that Finichi is a maractus as their vision is altered, convinced that she always was, but then they go blind within minutes as their eyes are consumed by the seedlike parasite, which then devours the brain internally.

If the die lands on on PHILTER (Doom Tracker post)
    Victims are found with gangly roots crawling from empty eye sockets. Victims have no brain, and are often with pooling blood. Police suspect a grass type due to the roots and the seedlike parasite.

Philter's Stalker Route

Background Details and Stalker Process:
    Spoiler:
    An “anonymous pokémon” (Dominique the Archeops) alerted the police to the fact that a recent victim, who was Dominique’s friend Rusco the Primeape, had been on his way to Dominique’s workplace to surprise her when he encountered a Stalker. After he was attacked, he frantically dialled Dominique’s number and she answered, rushing out of work before her shift was up to try to help him. When she found him just down the street, he was screaming and clutching his head. Seconds before he had died, he looked at her directly, and she saw blood in the place of eyes. Horrified, she stayed with him through his agony as he screamed at her that a maractus implanted him with seeds. He died a horrible death, and though Dominique had contacted the police while he was still alive, they were unable to reach the scene before he died. Dominique was taken in for questioning, her identity known only by Pormalu. The other officers weren’t allowed to know her identity for security purposes; pokémon who knew about witnesses or those who were friends of victims were often targeted, and Pormalu has had to constantly shield his police force from information that could get them killed.

Pormalu knows Dominique’s identity, but will not reveal it to the players because he cannot let the police force know that he knows her identity. If it is found out, it must be indirectly. So he shows the player a phone log with call times and points the players in the direction of her workplace and assures them that she couldn’t have committed the crime due to certain evidence. He also has a recording of the phone call, so the players know that Rusco's testament that it was a maractus that he saw wasn't hearsay on Dominique's part.

If the players go to (81) Javelin Manufacturing Plant, they will find a security camera which shows evidence of Dominique working late until she gets a phone call incoming at the same time that the phone log showed a call. She answers, then rushes out of the camera’s range. This evidence is an undisputed alibi for Dominique, backed up by the phone log.

If the player interviews Dominique, she will be quiet, distraught and unwilling to talk about it. However, she is adamant that Rusco saw a maractus before he died, and is willing to give the players the location of Nairek’s workplace. Dominique and Nairek aren't exactly friends.

If the player interviews Nairek, she will brush them off and deny any involvement, saying that the players can check with her mate, Mustle, for her whereabouts that night.

If the player searches her home, (located at (39c) Silvermoon Condominiums), they will find =Incriminating Note= which paints Nairek as Philter. Nairek will get taken into custody if this is reported to the police. She still denies any involvement and is outraged rather than scared. Same with Mustle.

If the player searches Satia's apartment, (34a) Jetstone Apartments (Floor 3), they will find the photograph of Nairek and Satia, which discredits the mysterious note found.

*I was even thinking that she could be on death row unless the players could present Pormalu with evidence that she isn't a Stalker, or at least something that gives her the benefit of the doubt. (For instance, finding the first diary entry stating that Finichi has no friends and doesn't like her job--whereas Nairek has heaps of friends and is unemployed.) This could be one of those instances you referred to regarding a sad or happy ending, PLUS if she dies, it would add to the Doom Tracker count.

10. Pormalu the Arcanine

(8) Shalerich Apartment Building (Abandoned)
    {Tendril Locked Box: Vine Emblem} (Needs [Vine Key] to unlock)
    =Diary Entry #1=
    (Turns into [Access Code "Feel"])

(23f) The Anchor Broadcasting Tower Floors 51-60
    [Vine Key]

(34) Jetstone Apartment Building
    (34a) Floors 1-10
    (Satia's Apartment) =Satia & Nairek Photo=

(39) Summer's Moon Condominiums (39c) Floors 21-30
    (Floor 30, Nairek & Mustle's apartment) =Incriminating Note=

(65a-b) Newhill Sewage Treatment Plant
    (65a) Sublevels B5-B1

=Torn Note 1/2= (Codeword: Use the number you see)
    (Turns into [Access Code 47])
    (65b) Floors 1-10
    =Torn Note 2/2= (Codeword: Remember this number)
    (Turns into [Access Code 33])

Torn Note 1/2 and Torn Note 2/2 turn into =Torn Note=, then [Access Code 4733]

(77i) Starwatcher Skyscraper (Abandoned) Floors 81-90, (Abandoned rooftop penthouse)
    {Locked Abandoned Penthouse Door: Access Code #1, Access Code #2} (Needs [Access Code "Feel"] and [Access Code "Better"] to unlock)
    #Poison Gas Trap: Poison# (Deals 2 points of Health damage)
    {Locked Computer Terminal: Four-Digit Code} (Needs [Access Code 4733])
    =Philter Hologram= is shown on computer.

(80c) Destno Public Housing Complex Floors 21-30
    {Buried Locked Container: <Lockpick>}
    =Diary Entry #2=
    (Turns into [Access Code "Better"])

(81b) Javelin Manufacturing Plant Floors 1-5
    {Javelin Security Camera #13: <Security>}
    Footage of Dominique working until 44:44:15, when she gets a phone call and runs out of the camera's range.

Philter-Related Graphics

Can only be obtained from Pormalu. An email from Satia the Manectric to Pormalu the night/morning she was killed. It was sent mere hours before she was suspected to have died, never turning up to work the following day. (Satia was on Philter's trail, so Philter killed her.)

A copy of Dominique's phone log from a short time leading up to Rusco's murder. Pormalu gives this to players to compare against the security camera footage to assure them that Dominique is innocent.

(Found in {Tendril Locked Box})

(Found in {Buried Locked Container})

A fake note that Philter wrote to help frame Nairek. It is found in Nairek and Mustle's apartment.

Photo in Satia's bedroom proving that Nairek and Satia were friends, which contradicts the incriminating note.

(Completed jigsaw puzzle)
    =Torn Note 1/2= (Codeword: STATE THE NUMBER)
    =Torn Note 2/2= (Codeword: WHAT'S THE NUMBER)

(Found in {Locked Computer Terminal})

Font
    Shoguns Clan

ROULX - Gallen the Gourgeist (**FULLY COMPLETED** Xanthe)
    Spoiler:
    Backstory
    Gallen has long been a starving artist. His love for art has driven him since he was a pumpkaboo, drawing circles in chalk on concrete. His art has always been underappreciated and rarely bought, even when he displayed his work in gallery after gallery. His style was simply not well received, and other artists thought him strange. Gallen was upset at his lack of success, but he blamed no individual; he was just upset at himself for failing to fulfil his dream.

As years passed, Gallen found himself lacking motivation. He had gotten a regular job and had a boring life, and rarely painted. He wanted to kickstart his painting career again, but after going so long without creating any proper art, he lacked inspiration and drive. Just as he wondered what he could do about his trying to revive his failed career...

ROULX showed itself to Gallen.

The demon who dubbed itself Roulx dangled success before Gallen’s eyes. At first he thought it was a mere trick being played on him by other ghost types, but then came to realise that this was a magical being. He doubted he could trust this creature, or that it would give him what he desired, but he was quickly proven wrong when this creature showed him visions beyond anything he could imagine, giving him a spurt of inspiration. He once again painted, and this time it was better than anything he had painted before. When he brought it to a local market, it was snapped up instantly and bought for over 1,000. Shocked, Gallen began to believe in Roulx and allowed it to begin taking over him when he needed inspiration.

Gallen is still blissfully unaware that he’s a Stalker. He’s had his suspicions, but he is absolutely sure that he is not a Stalker. So sure that he will even deny it if presented with undisputable evidence.

How ROULX twisted Gallen's expectation
    Gallen expected to be blessed with infinite inspiration which magically makes his artwork amazing. Realistically, the demon uses illusion to trick every pokémon to think that Gallen’s paintings are amazing, even though in reality they are gruesome recreations of his kills. These kills are his “source of inspiration” and happen while he is unconscious and completely taken over by his Stalker. He paints as himself, returned to his senses. He also sees what other pokémon see.

The PLAYERS see the paintings for what they really are: gruesome, disgusting, and a spitting image of each kill. However, EVERY NPC including Gallen will see an illusion instead; a beautiful, amazing picture. In Gallen’s eyes, the demon wasn’t lying, but to the players, it’s clear that he was played.

Since teaming up with Roulx, the demon convinced Gallen to remain in the shadows about his true identity as a painter. He instead hides behind the alias of Oxlur the Luxray, a talented artist who lives outside of Silvercoal City whose artwork is currently on display at the Grande Gallery. Even if asked about his career, Gallen will not reveal that he is a painter. He agreed to go along with Roulx's idea because he believes he would be in the spotlight as a famous celebrity if he was discovered, which he would very much dislike, as he is reserved and private. Roulx's plan was obviously to point the finger away from Gallen at all, especially given that Oxlur is an anagram for Roulx (pointing the finger to an imaginary pokemon).

Victims are paralysed by the song Roulx hums. They are then posed in a particular manner and remain this way as a part of the cursed tune, which can only be broken when someone else touches the victim’s frozen body. Sometimes, to prevent the pose from collapsing, the victim is strung up with rope. They are then slit vertically down the centre of their bodies. Guts spew out, creating quite the mess. The victim sometimes dies of shock, and other times of blood loss, pain, or failing vital organs.

If the dice lands on ROULX (Doom Tracker post)
    A victim will be found posed somewhere with their bodies slit down the middle. The victims can sometimes be standing, their bodies resolute until touched. When touched, the bodies will lose all muscle tension and flop. All die with wide eyes and a look of pure terror etched onto their faces.

Roulx's Stalker Route

Shrine of Perpetual Suffocation
    At the bottom of the (45) Silverbay Coast rests a stone shrine modelled after the head of a Lanturn. This used to be a symbol for the underwater dwelling pokemon whose space in the sea was preserved just for them, hence perpetual suffocation, which alludes to non water-types drowning. The Lanturn's eyes have been stabbed out, which looks to be recent vandalism. Lining the base of the giant head is a ring of stone with ten empty holes in them, each about the size of a baseball. It appears that placing all ten required objects in each slot will trigger something.

NOTE: All ten lanterns require different types to light them and make them active. All indicated types below are NOT required to collect the item; they are required to active the lantern once it has been placed into its respective slot.
    Aqua Gear must be acquired to access this area, OR the player must be a +Water Type+.

(45) Silverbay Coast
    {Shrine of Perpetual Suffocation, {x10 +Lantern+ Slots}} (x10 Lanterns required, +Listed Types Required to Activate+)
    {Milotic: <First Aid>}
    =Bloody Word Search= (Must be completed)
    {Gate of Imagining: Empty Vial, Circular Indent, Electrical Socket} (Requires [Silverpowder], [Flame Orb], [Cell Battery])
    [Glowing Toothed Dagger]

(1c) Sunspot Apartment Tower, Floors 21-30
    [Silent Lantern] +Psychic-type+

(6a) Whitehall Apartments, Floors 1-10
    [Jeering Lantern] +Fairy-type+

(20b) The Cloudrise Tower, Floors 11-20
    [Bitter Lantern] +Ice-type+

(26b) The Skymark Building, Floors 11-20 (Star Solutions Marketing)
    [Searing Lantern] +Fire-type+

(35f) Brookheights School, Brookheights Plaza)
    [Frantic Lantern] +Bug-type+

(37c) Sentarix Corporate Office, Floors 21-30
    [Weeping Lantern] +Grass-type+

(42a) The Eclipse Hotel, Main Lobby, the Golden Seaking Restaurant, Floors 1-10
    [Screeching Lantern] +Dark-type+

(56c) Vale Housing Project, Floors 21-30
    [Entombed Lantern] +Ground-type+

(62b) Calstan Power Plant (Abandoned), Floors 1-10
    [Haunting Lantern] +Ghost-type+

(74a) Starbelt Manufacturing Plant (Abandoned), Sublevels B3-B1
    [Drowning Lantern] +Water-type+

Gate of Imagining

The Gate of Imagining resides within the Shrine of Perpetual Suffocation at (45) Silverbay Coast. In order to access it, players must have used <First Aid> on Yusset the Milotic and obtained the =Bloody Word Search=. They must then complete the =Bloody Word Search= and scan the completed version under an scanner, which analyses the pattern of the crossing lines. Three slots will open up, following an inscription reading:

That which gives its essence to all life does not breathe with other elements. Unearthing the keys achieves nothing without the means.

Translation: "Lol you can't bring fire, electricity and powder underwater. Even if you find the three needed items, you can't bring them underwater unless you have a bag."

(45) Silverbay Coast
    {Shrine of Perpetual Suffocation, {x10 +Lantern+ Slots}} (x10 Lanterns required, +Listed Types Required to Activate+)
    {Milotic: <First Aid>}
    =Bloody Word Search=
    {Pattern Scanner} (Requires completed =Bloody Word Search=)
    {Gate of Imagining: Empty Vial, Circular Indent, Electrical Socket} (Requires [Silverpowder], [Flame Orb], [Cell Battery])
    [Glowing Toothed Dagger]

26. Shinki the Lanturn
    [Waterproof Satchel]

32. Fynn the Heatmor
    [Flame Orb]

101. Mas the Plusle
    [Cell Battery]

106. Blussy the Venomoth
    [Silverpowder]

Mural of Torment:

The Mural of Torment is a large painting scribbled on the outer wall surrounding the Anchor Broadcasting Tower property. Parts of the wall crumble when the player bypasses the electronic panel and inputs the "ROULX" codeword received from the =Salvaged Painting=.

(23) The Anchor Broadcasting Tower
    {Mural of Torment: Electronic Panel <Security>, Codeword Input} ([ROULX Codeword]), =Taunting Wall Graffiti=
    #Crumbling Wall, Rock# (Deals 1 point Health damage)
    [Severed Smeargle Tail]

Door of Deception

The Door of Deception is located at (95a) Grande Gallery, Basement Floors. At first, players have to get passed Mangled Gate which requires <Repair> AND [Slaughter Key]. Once opened, the gate shows the way down a very long, dark spiral ramp (rather than a staircase). The walls are not concreted and are just dirt, as if it was recently burrowed through. At the base of the twisting ramp is an Underground Bunker which requires [Slaughter Key]. It can be used in the same turn, though, as the player already has it.

The bunker door, which is just a giant hunk of metal, swings slowly open to reveal absolutely nothing suspicious. There are canvases, spare furniture, art supplies, and even a drawing space. Just when the player is about to leave, a strangely stacked set of furniture catches their eye. It looks like a deliberate pile which was carefully constructed. The player removes the furniture and a big metal door is revealed. It emanates a creepy vibe and has several colours of paint slashed across it. Suddenly the player recognises the pattern: it's the same pattern that can be seen after completing the Bloody Word Search. This is Roulx's secret door!

There is a life-size raised engraving of a Smeargle protruding from the door. It looks horrified, as if it's staring death in the face. The place where its tail should be is indented, indicating that there should be a Smeargle tail-shaped object placed in here. A large slot is situated in its chest, digging into the door at a downward angle--as if someone should be plunging a knife into its chest at an angle. Above the Smeargle, there is text that reads: "Only the sweetest of deception can coax a subject into submission." If the players have the [Soothing Honey] they will "know" that it needs to be smeared across the Smeargle.

(92d) Dakin Apartment Tower, Floors 31-40
    [Soothing Honey]

(10b) Patriarch Stadium (Abandoned), Stadium Pavilion
    {Enraged Cherubi: <Diplomacy>}
    =Salvaged Painting= (Codeword: The truth will never leave you alone) (Completed version HERE)
    [ROULX Codeword]

(39a) Summer's Moon Condominiums, Floors 1-10
    {Secured Electronic Vault: +Dragon-type+, <Science> / +Electric-type+, <Lockpick>}
    [Slaughter Key]

(23) The Anchor Broadcasting Tower
    {Mural of Torment: Electronic Panel <Security>, Codeword Scanner} ([ROULX Codeword])
    #Falling Boulders, Rock# (Deals 1 point Health damage)
    [Severed Smeargle Tail]

(95) Grande Gallery
    (93a) Basement Floors -1-0
    {Mangled Gate: <Repair>, Slaughter Slot}
    #Giant Roots Trap, Grass# (Deals 1 point of Health damage)
    Underground Bunker (not suspicious at first...) {Door of Deception: Knife-Shaped Groove, Smeargle tail engraving, Honey-related Inscription} (Requires [Glowing Toothed Dagger], [Smeargle Hair Paintbrush], [Soothing Honey]
    All of Roulx's secrets!

ROULX-related graphics

A dead talonflame painted after his first kill. It is nothing compared to the gruesome images he now paints.

A word search that Roulx designed. Upon completion, it unlocks part of his Stalker route. Completed version here.

A completed puzzle with a riddle on it. The answer to the riddle is Roulx, which turns into [ROULX Codeword]. Jigsaw Here. Codeword: ROULXXERNEAS

Wall scribbles at the Mural of Torment.

Font
    Ghastly Panic