Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Geez. And here I was thinking a "Death by Chocolate" flavor was okay just as a joke. Now it seems like it's in really bad taste.
    I mean that’s an extreme case that probably doesn’t happen nearly as often as we probably think. I’m just really lucky i don’t run that risk.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I mean that’s an extreme case that probably doesn’t happen nearly as often as we probably think. I’m just really lucky i don’t run that risk.
    Well, I know it's REALLY bad for animals, especially dogs and cats. So a human having allergies to it really isn't all that surprising. Same thing with peanuts, though it's surprising how fatal that can be for some people.

Now is it only with milk chocolate or do you have problems with dark and white chocolate, also?

It's probably the theobromine in cocoa; it's technically toxic to humans but only in really large quantities, so perhaps your tolerance is far lower, Sloane! I mean I'm just taking a shot in the dark. The reasons that it's so toxic to cats, dogs, and other animals is because they have a much lower tolerance according for the theobromine to body mass ratio. So a tiny bit can kill them. But our ratio is so high that it's super difficult to be poisoned by it. However, maybe theobromine is the reason that eating too much chocolate causes discomfort and sickness? I don't know for sure but it'd make sense!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Well, I know it's REALLY bad for animals, especially dogs and cats. So a human having allergies to it really isn't all that surprising. Same thing with peanuts, though it's surprising how fatal that can be for some people.

Now is it only with milk chocolate or do you have problems with dark and white chocolate, also?
    I'm allergic to dark chocolate actually. We haven't tested milk. I have had white chocolate before on accident (some kids in middle school didn't believe I was allergic and wanted to prove I was just being a baby so they gave me some saying it was vanilla). I didn't react to it immediately but it still tasted nasty so I spit it out. Had I actually swallowed it, it might have induced vomiting but I don't really want to test that theory.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I'm allergic to dark chocolate actually. We haven't tested milk. I have had white chocolate before on accident (some kids in middle school didn't believe I was allergic and wanted to prove I was just being a baby so they gave me some saying it was vanilla). I didn't react to it immediately but it still tasted nasty so I spit it out. Had I actually swallowed it, it might have induced vomiting but I don't really want to test that theory.
    Nah, don't test it, it's definitely not worth it. There's plenty of other sweets and treats that'll do just nicely.

I used to be very adverse to having chocolate, but mainly for the calories and fat grams.

Administrator

I used to absolutely love chocolate. Pretty much any type (except when it had coconut in it). I think I ate so much at one point that I stopped liking it so much

And yeah if you're allergic to something related to it, it's not worth testing yourself without medical help.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Pretty much any type (except when it had coconut in it)
    YOU BLASPHEMER. GET OUT.

Coconut improves absolutely everything!

8. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Coconut or caramel. Mmm.

Galaxy is the superior chocolate, but I won't say no to a Kit Kat or a Crunchie...

Hersheys tastes like inhaling Nesquik powder.