Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A not-so-wild Latias appeared!!

It's me Graven, the Curious Latias homing in on some of the local gossip on Pokemon Crossroads! I see you all grow quite the coffee here-Komala Coffee, was it? It's quite delicious!

Nah, but in all seriousness, the name's Ethan, an aspiring Pokemon TCG competitor and VG casual. I've just recently got into the competitive side of Pokemon TCG, initially setting my goals to only become a collector. But as of late, I've taken a keen interest in the metagame, especially when Sun and Moon came out. Now, I am making decks that not only fit my style of play, but to also see where I stand in the competition and what I would need to improve upon. Needless to say, I have a looooong way to go before I can consider myself a proper opponent to any Pokemon TCG player.

Other than that, I've also been working to become both an artist and designer for a video game I've wanted to make for quite a while now but can't code worth crap (not to mention I don't have money to pay programmers if I wanted to outsource). The game has a system that is mechanically and aesthetically similar to Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Castlevania, all with a dragon theme (dragons forever and always). The story still needs polish, a few mechanics could still need work, and I don't have time on my side, so if anyone willing enough to help, I will gladly appreciate it.

Now, oddly enough, Generation 5 was the first time I ever got into Pokemon on such a deep level-even if my first game was Pokemon Yellow for the GBC. While I am especially glad that White 2 was my true first game completed, as it is fantastic and can stand up quite well to even it's predecessors/successors-not to mention introducing my favourite Grass Starter evolution line to date, not ever experiencing what it was like to first play any Gen 2-5 games (not including the Gen 3 remakes, which were quite nice) does leave an empty void that begs to be filled. Nonetheless, I dearly expect those games to be just as satisfying as I first played White 2 once I get around to buying them.

On that note, I sincerely wish all of you the best of times. Now, where's that coffee I smell-it's quite intense! Ohhh, I hope there's quite a conversation bubbling up wherever that smell is! :3

2. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Welcome @Graven! Curiousness finds us some interesting places sometimes huh? You'd be amazed how I found this place a few years ago too. I'm not the biggest fan of coffee myself, but some find it quite delicious. Especially the Komala Coffee here!

I've been told by a few co-workers I should get back into the Pokemon TCG. I kinda got out of most TCG games a few years back. Pokemon TCG long ago. I've seen more and more people flock back to it lately though. I thought I'd be better at Pokemon VGC stuff. Now even more so that I know how to IV breed with my 6IV Ditto, EV train, and think more along the lines of predictions. TCG I've tried with the TCG Online game. I know how to play it now xD.

Oh? If you'd like, feel free to drop by the Artist's Easel section here and show your art off if you feel like it! I'm sure the community here would love to see any art. We've got some amazing artists here and everyone is amazingly supportive here! Sounds like an interesting game though. I've always enjoyed Fire Emblem and had some rough patches with Pokemon some time back, but I'm here with it to stay now. :) If I knew anything on a developing side I'd love to help, but I'm terrible at making any art and coding I know next to nothing about xD.

Generation 5 was pretty awesome! I really enjoyed it too. There wasn't a gen that I really got into on a DEEP level. More so it was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky that REALLY got me into playing it forever and got me on a deeper level. Being an umm.....fan of Pikachu myself xD. Yellow is still one of my favorites. I still hope that one day we get a good Yellow remake or better. Maybe even an actual Hey You, Pikachu game that'll work that everyone loves xD. As big a Pikachu fan I am......I never had the chance to play it :(

Well once again, welcome to PXR and we all here in this amazing and friendly community hope you enjoy your stay here! Any questions, feel free to ask us or the very friendly staff here. Not exactly sure where the smell is coming from. Maybe the admins are hiding it somewhere. They like to have all the good stuff hidden like coffee machines. xD

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Welcome, Graven! :D It's great to see another face here. You seem to really know your stuff when it comes to TCG, which is awesome. I've never actually tried to play it properly, but it always seemed like fun to me. @Nekomata is fond of the TCG as well!

Your game sounds pretty cool. O: I wish I could program as well, but alas, I do not possess such skills! What platform would you be developing for? O:

Please do feel free to explore the forum. We're a bunch of friendly people, so don't hesitate to ask anyone for help either! :D Hope to see you around. :3

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Welcome to PXR! We're glad to have you, you seem like such a nice guy. Collecting in the TCG's always fun, but how are you finding the jump to competing and the metagame? It's been a jump I'm too scared to take because there's so many rules that I'm not equipped to deal with, considering all of my cards are oldies that I think are banned in competitive play.

The game you're talking about certainly sounds interesting, and I'm liking the emphasis on dragons. That's something you don't see with many games (I think Spyro is the only prominent dragon in gaming that I can think of). I genuinely wish I could help out with the coding, but the only coding I've done is in Python for schoolwork, nearly two years ago now. Basic RPG Maker stuff too, but I'm literally just talking about copying a text script and pasting it, but altering the text. Extremely basic stuff.

Generation V is truly a great time to have connected deeply with a Pokémon game, because there was such a large emphasis on the story, and by that point the mechanics are all extremely refined. White 2 is amongst my favourite games in the series too, I like that version of Unova a lot more than the original, as well as the fact that older Pokémon are brought back for some more variety.

I really hope you like it here at PXR, it's a lovely place and home to a lovely community!

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Welcome to PXR! It's always great to see a new face! Your game sounds awesome.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Welcome to PXR! We're a cool and friendly bunch and we're glad you came!

Also, I'd love to see some of your art if you feel like showing us. :D

We...have coffee here? And you people never told me? Hmph.

Anyway, welcome! It's nice to see a TCG fan here. I only played the very early GBC games and briefly the online thing years ago, but it always interested me. If you're into competitive battling, too, we dooooo have a Showdown server. ;] /advertisement

Hope you enjoy our craziness here and stay a while! And if you can direct me to the coffee that would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Administrator

Welcome to the Crossroads! We're happy to have you with us!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Welcome @Graven! Your game sounds really interesting. I know we have a few other members who are into game development. Feel free to share your ideas and artwork on our forum if you'd like to!

Gen 5 was really great! Definitely one of my best gaming experiences also. I think being in a region with all new Pokemon made it pretty exciting!

I hope you have a good time here! :) If you ever need help with something, feel free to contact me!
    GCEA

Welcome to PXR, @Graven! Have fun here! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D