Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar

[Gallery] Chibi's Crochet Creations

Welcome to Chibi's Crochet Creations!

Thought I'd start a separate thread for all my crafty crochet stuffs. It's been a recent hobby that I've really been getting into, and as a bonus it's great fun and relaxing. :D
    Also if anyone has any crochet things they'd like to share, or wants to ask any questions, you're more than welcome to I wanna share all the crochet love!

In the future I might work on taking commissions if anyone wants something specific, but these things aren't cheap to make!

ANIMALS

REINDEER
    Spoiler:

CHARACTERS

coming soon

2. This post has been liked by:

Fate 

That reindeer is adorbs. If you didn't say I wouldn't even be able to tell that it's a new hobby for you. It looks so well made. I love how the little scarf looks so layered and not flat.

Can't wait to see more! Especially stuff under that characters section.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Love that reindeer! Did Chris like it?! :D

I've made a few crochet Pokemon before! It's a really fun hobby. My hands hurt after a while though. Also I don't understand how to read patterns properly and I always forget what number I'm up to when I try and count xDD So I just make things up as I go. Are you working on anything new at the moment? :D
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    That reindeer is adorbs. If you didn't say I wouldn't even be able to tell that it's a new hobby for you. It looks so well made. I love how the little scarf looks so layered and not flat.

Can't wait to see more! Especially stuff under that characters section.
    I'm a perfectionist. XD It was my second crochet piece, so I'm getting better at it. The bunny I did first (which I don't really have any pictures of cause I forgot to take them ;n;) had a few messed up stitches and such, but it's okay cause it helps me learn.

I wasn't sure about switching colours on the scarf, but it actually turned out to be pretty fun. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Love that reindeer! Did Chris like it?! :D

I've made a few crochet Pokemon before! It's a really fun hobby. My hands hurt after a while though. Also I don't understand how to read patterns properly and I always forget what number I'm up to when I try and count xDD So I just make things up as I go. Are you working on anything new at the moment? :D
    Yup, Chris loved it! He says they need daily hugs at minimum. XD He's not so good with handling art, though, so I kinda wish he wouldn't throw them around so casually. I semi cringe every time he does. xD

Oh, you crochet too? Awesome. :D And yeah, it does tend to hurt after a while. I found it's worse (for me) with knitting, though. I found this tip online about stitch marking, so that you know where you're up to. Although there are proper stitch markers, I just tend to use a bobby pin and place that through the loop of my last stitch on the round. Just in case, though, I do tend to count my stitches at the end of a round in case I mess up. At one spot on that reindeer I'm pretty sure I had to undo a whole three rounds cause I was lazy and didn't want to use my bobby pin and lost count. ;n;

I saw a few cool Pokemon patterns on the net I'll have to try out. At the moment I'm making a Moogle doll from Final Fantasy X. IT'S ADORABLE. But I need to buy some wire for the pom at the top of the head so it'll stand.

OH MY GOD YOU'RE MAKING LULU'S MOOGLE?

Post progress shots!

Beautiful reindeer. ;~; Simply adorable! You're so talented! I have no idea how crocheting works. XD

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    Yup, Chris loved it! He says they need daily hugs at minimum. XD He's not so good with handling art, though, so I kinda wish he wouldn't throw them around so casually. I semi cringe every time he does. xD

Oh, you crochet too? Awesome. :D And yeah, it does tend to hurt after a while. I found it's worse (for me) with knitting, though. I found this tip online about stitch marking, so that you know where you're up to. Although there are proper stitch markers, I just tend to use a bobby pin and place that through the loop of my last stitch on the round. Just in case, though, I do tend to count my stitches at the end of a round in case I mess up. At one spot on that reindeer I'm pretty sure I had to undo a whole three rounds cause I was lazy and didn't want to use my bobby pin and lost count. ;n;

I saw a few cool Pokemon patterns on the net I'll have to try out. At the moment I'm making a Moogle doll from Final Fantasy X. IT'S ADORABLE. But I need to buy some wire for the pom at the top of the head so it'll stand.
    Aww that's awesome he loves it so much that he wants to hug and play with it. XD But I can understand your worry, they can be more fragile than they look!

The bobby pin idea is really good! The things I've crocheted so far have been really small which probably doesn't help with hands hurting and stuff. xD My fingers just get really cramped. How big is your reindeer?!

I didn't know what a Moogle was but I looked it up... so cute! I look forward to seeing it :D
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Aww that's awesome he loves it so much that he wants to hug and play with it. XD But I can understand your worry, they can be more fragile than they look!

The bobby pin idea is really good! The things I've crocheted so far have been really small which probably doesn't help with hands hurting and stuff. xD My fingers just get really cramped. How big is your reindeer?!

I didn't know what a Moogle was but I looked it up... so cute! I look forward to seeing it :D
    Uuuum the reindeer is probably around 5 inches or so? Probably more with the antlers. I can't remember exactly what the pattern said. xD It was a U.S. pattern obviously.

XD Ah yeah, Moogles are a mascot for the Final Fantasy games. They usually carry the same basic design through each game, but sometimes they differ. Like the FF XII Moogles for instance (which I love), that are a little more anthro in design.

OMG. That Reindeer is so adorable! <3 How long did that take to make? Do you have plans to make more?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Just want to let you know that I'm also looking forward to that Moogle. ;)