Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Detective Pikachu Coming to 3DS

It is time to solve a mystery!

Get ready to take the role of being a detective with Detective Pikachu and Tim Goodman! You will get to find clues, solve crimes and find out what is going on in Ryme City. All of this and more as you investigate the cryptic disappearance of Tim’s father.
    Below are the full details for the story.
    The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo today announced Detective Pikachu, a new video game scheduled to release exclusively on the Nintendo 3DSTM family of systems both digitally and at retail on March 23, 2018. An action-adventure title, Detective Pikachu finds the hero of the title – a unique Pikachu in the Pokémon world – partnering with Tim Goodman and searching for evidence and clues to solve a series of cases, while also investigating the disappearance of Tim’s father, Harry Goodman.
    When he arrives in Ryme City looking for his missing father, little does Tim know he would meet a Pikachu, but more amazingly a Pikachu who he could communicate with. There’s more to this Pikachu than a detective hat – he’s one lovably gruff, tough-talking sleuth, with a taste for good coffee.
    This Pikachu claims that he worked with Tim’s father, and the two pair up to discover his whereabouts. Together, Tim and Detective Pikachu will encounter a number of mysteries in Ryme City and will need to talk to witnesses and gather their testimony in order to discover the truth. Cases that would be impossible for Tim to solve alone can be cracked with the help of this Pikachu, because he is able to obtain vital clues and information from other Pokémon.
    Detective Pikachu includes all the chapters of the 2016 Japan-exclusive Nintendo eShop release, Detective Pikachu – Birth of a New Duo, but adds further content that completes the story. The game features new locations to explore, as well as a colorful cast of both Pokémon and human characters.
    Detective Pikachu originally came out in Japan in 2016 as an eShop exclusive. It was announced in the same year that Detective Pikachu will become a live action movie that will be release in 2019. The movie will feature the voice of Ryan Reynolds as Detective Pikachu. It is unsure if Reynolds will also be voicing Detective Pikachu in the game.
    The version of the game that is coming out this year will be a full retail game. Japanese players who purchase the game from the eShop will receive a discount.

There will also be a Detective Pikachu amiibo. This amiibo will provide hints for players and play all the Pika Prompts (short video clips) from chapters they have completed. If you end up purchasing this amiibo then you will notice that it is much bigger then your normal Pikachu amiibo.
    Detective Pikachu will be release on the 3DS on March 23rd 2018.

The post Detective Pikachu Coming to Switch appeared first on Pokémon Crossroads.

Read more or post a comment.

2. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Is that the size compared to a regular Pikachu Amiibo, cos that is GIANT!
    GCEA

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Is that the size compared to a regular Pikachu Amiibo, cos that is GIANT!
    Yeah, that other Pikachu ammibo is there for size comparison. IT'S HUGE.

Also, interesting to point out: Kaiji Tang is doing the VA work for Detective Pikachu in the game, while Ryan Reynolds is confirmed to do the voice in the movie. Tang did Owain/Odin in Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates, Yelv in Xenoblade Chronicles X, and a ton of other games. I'm really excited for this because I absolutely love Owain/Odin and he kinda brings that character's dramatic flair to Detective Pikachu, according to the trailer.
    Last edited by Kaoru; 01-13-2018 at 04:32 AM.
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja level100@1748 ★
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoru View Post
    Yeah, that other Pikachu ammibo is there for size comparison. IT'S HUGE.

Also, interesting to point out: Kaiji Tang is doing the VA work for Detective Pikachu in the game, while Ryan Reynolds is confirmed to do the voice in the movie. Tang did Owain/Odin in Fire Emblem Awakening/Fates, Yelv in Xenoblade Chronicles X, and a ton of other games. I'm really excited for this because I absolutely love Owain/Odin and he kinda brings that character's dramatic flair to Detective Pikachu, according to the trailer.
    That is interesting. O: I wonder why they didn't just hire Kaiji for the movie. It seems weird to get someone else to play Pikachu instead of the game's VA. I bet that's just Hollywood though. "Let's get someone everyone will recognise and it'll make more sales" or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    That is interesting. O: I wonder why they didn't just hire Kaiji for the movie. It seems weird to get someone else to play Pikachu instead of the game's VA. I bet that's just Hollywood though. "Let's get someone everyone will recognise and it'll make more sales" or something.
    Unless people have played games that Kaiji's done VA work for, it kinda makes sense to do it like this. The movie world will recognize Ryan more than they'll recognize Kaiji and vice versa. The video game world will recognize Kaiji easier than they would Ryan who, iirc, has only done VA work for one game.

Spoiler:

Unless people have played games that Kaiji's done VA work for, it kinda makes sense to do it like this. The movie world will recognize Ryan more than they'll recognize Kaiji and vice versa. The video game world will recognize Kaiji easier than they would Ryan who, iirc, has only done VA work for one game.
    Well idk, I suppose that's true because screen actors mainly do movies while voice actors do games, but I kind of wish it was a thing that voice actors got to do more movie roles. :c But maybe he didn't want to do the movie so I shouldn't judge haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Well idk, I suppose that's true because screen actors mainly do movies while voice actors do games, but I kind of wish it was a thing that voice actors got to do more movie roles. :c But maybe he didn't want to do the movie so I shouldn't judge haha.
    Maybe he didn't want to do both the game and the movie so close to one another? Or perhaps scheduling prevented him from doing the movie?

Spoiler:

Maybe he didn't want to do both the game and the movie so close to one another? Or perhaps scheduling prevented him from doing the movie?
    Perhaps! I hope it was his choice. xD Anyway, I am looking forward to this game, although I'm kind of sceptical about how good it'll be.

Administrator

I knew it! :p ever since they confirmed the live action movie. It was all, but time they needed to release a version outside of Japan. Being a big fan of mysteries (specifically Detetcive focused) in really excited for this game! I remember I wrote something with a theory here on PXR back when it was first revealed.

Hearing that it's the VA that voiced Owain/Odin I think it's gonna be awesome! The Ryan Reynolds is only to make it better. Kaiji did an amazing job for Owain in FE Awakening. I can't wait to see more on it before it releases. Oh and you can already guess I'll be jumping on getting the amiibo to be released for this too. :D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

12. This post has been liked by:

Kaoru 

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Detective Pikachu Coming to Switch
    scheduled to release exclusively on the Nintendo 3DSTM family of systems
    I think someone got a bit mixed up with the thread title.

Aside form that, I'm glad this is finally getting translated. I wonder if it would have happened had they not been making the movie? Either way, I can't wait! :D